As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Wrestle(ing)] Kingdom, the live-action CGI event, January 4th

• Options
    I'm An Elk; Shoot MeI'm An Elk; Shoot Me It's Fiddler Crab Season! Registered User regular
    I mean don’t get me wrong that’s awesome but wasn’t Tori also part of DX for like, two years or so

Also, LOL at dropping the “rode a tank to WCW” line literally above the picture of them on the very much not a tank

• Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Tori was X-Pacs girlfriend for, like, six months in 2000, I can't remember if she was officially a member or just a part of the scene, like Kane was.

Although she did switch from a red top to a green one, which is more than Kane could be bothered to do.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    David_T wrote: »
    Tori was X-Pacs girlfriend for, like, six months in 2000, I can't remember if she was officially a member or just a part of the scene, like Kane was.

Although she did switch from a red top to a green one, which is more than Kane could be bothered to do.

I've wondered for years if my memory of Kane wearing a green outfit for a week was manufactured.

• Options
    Rorshach KringleRorshach Kringle that crustache life Registered User regular
    every time they try to paint the dx invades wcw bits as anything other than embarrassingly lame and ineffective, i cringe a little.

6vjsgrerts6r.png

• Options
    Ms DapperMs Dapper Yuri Librarian Registered User regular
    Kreutz wrote: »

I've wondered for years if my memory of Kane wearing a green outfit for a week was manufactured.

There apparently was a toy prototype made of it but that never came out obviously

2ohWien.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by Satellite_09
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    every time they try to paint the dx invades wcw bits as anything other than embarrassingly lame and ineffective, i cringe a little.

It was the 90s.

Pretty much everything was embarrassingly lame and ineffective.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

I mean it was a good fun jab at the competition but this is like claiming that those commercials where a man dressed up as Crash Bandicoot and taunted other videogame companies was responsible for the success of the Playstation. It's not a big deal. It's barely a thing people remember.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    RadiusRadius Registered User regular
    The only thing Crash Bandicoot successfully sold was Stuffed Crust Pizza.

Everyday we stray further from God's light
    Steam Switch FC: 2799-7909-4852
  • Options
    Radius wrote: »
    The only thing Crash Bandicoot successfully sold was Stuffed Crust Pizza.

"Crash Bandicoot only sells merchandise brother. You'll never work the PAL territory again."

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    Kreutz wrote: »

There apparently was a toy prototype made of it but that never came out obviously

There's also stories about Kane wearing a green outfit for, like, three house shows. I think both are just urban legends, honestly. I've never seen pictures or heard anyone say they've seen pictures of either.

euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options

He's the mist spewing, hard kicking and formerly tea pouring Japanese Buzzsaw! But this Japanese wrestler is as beloved as he is influential. Kefin and Jo learn all about the fascinating story of Yoshihiro Tajiri!

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Potential Raw spoilers
    PWI reports Aleister Black, Ricochet, Johnny Gargano and Tomasso Ciampa are expected to show up on the show tonigt

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    They really gotta decide if HHH is a heel or a face.

• Options
    Dex DynamoDex Dynamo Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Today's being the elite features
    Kenny Omega in a Dan Hibiki shirt

I've never felt more seen

Dex Dynamo on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    DIY vs. The Revival tonight

and ruby riot getting another title shot, so maybe a real match to make up for last night

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    CuvisTheConquerorCuvisTheConqueror They always say "yee haw" but they never ask "haw yee?" Registered User regular
    Dex Dynamo wrote: »
    Today's being the elite features
    Kenny Omega in a Dan Hibiki shirt

I've never felt more seen

SAIKYO!

xderwsaxganu.png
  • Options
    Ricochet helped finn against lashly and lio rush, think we're getting a tag match

• Options
    HawkstoneHawkstone Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things. Somewhere outside of BarstowRegistered User regular
    Variable wrote: »
    Ricochet helped finn against lashly and lio rush, think we're getting a tag match

Well, they are both Irish

Inside of a dog...it's too dark to read.
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    I've always been curious how much of the audience is familiar with NXT and it's roster. Judging by the reaction the four got, the answer is 'not many'.

Also, how weird that Velveeten wasn't brought in with them.

• Options
    renee just mentioned evan bourne?! I missed who else

• Options
    MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I liked how Bobby Lashley hit that suplex and grabbed the rear chinlock on Finn. He didn't do either "cleanly" he just brute forced the move to work and it looked better for it.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    If they let Ricochet do Ricochet things then I don't think we have to worry about that initial crowd reaction.
    Also congrats HHH, giving me DIY vs. Revival will absolutely trick me into watching Raw.

• Options
    Evolve announced Ricochet vs Orange Cassidy for their MA show and boy am I tempted to make the drive for that.

• Options
    Ricochet did a 630, confirmed not a coward

• Options
    astrobstrdastrobstrd So full of mercy... Registered User regular
    Is this just a one time thing or are those dudes all pulling the KO double duty move?

Selling the Scream Podcast: https://anchor.fm/jeremy-donaldson
  • Options
  • Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Great question! I don’t think anyone, including WWE, knows!

• Options
    WhippyWhippy Moderator, Admin Emeritus Admin Emeritus
    https://youtu.be/qrgrMH409WA

Kofi has gotten so god damned good on the mic it really feels like this is his moment

• Options
    astrobstrd wrote: »
    Is this just a one time thing or are those dudes all pulling the KO double duty move?

Based on some stuff that was said I think Ricochet is being called up and maybe Aleister?

• Options
    Whippy wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/qrgrMH409WA

Kofi has gotten so god damned good on the mic it really feels like this is his moment
    I genuinely think they might go Bryan/Kofi at Mania

Bryan doesn't really have any other babyface challengers right now and the only other real big candidate is Rey Mysterio, I guess?

The response to Kofi has been fantastic, Bryan is building a goon squad so Big E and Xavier can keep busy during the build up too

It's the best option they have right now

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    I would cry if Kofi won the title at Mania.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    Johnny Wrestling and Tomato Camper make their Raw debuts after a commercial break.

• Options
    I get the sense that with Buddy Murphy touting himself as "the greatest Cruiserweight of all time" Rey's going to challenge him for the title. Also there's the rumor that they want to do Almas/Rey. So it's more likely that Kofi will be Bryan's Mania opponent.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
  • Options
    Scott Dawson wandering a little too close to the fans just so he can jerk his arm away in disgust after that little kid pat him on the back is such great subtle character work.

Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    This crowd is DEAD.

• Options
    Sure sounds like Ricochet got called up.

Awesome for him, but it feels kinda of anticlimatic?

• Options
    noir_blood wrote: »
    Sure sounds like Ricochet got called up.

Awesome for him, but it feels kinda of anticlimatic?
    Eh, he wasn't gonna win the big belt and he has had a ton of big marquee matches and just dropped his title

Him and Aleister make sense

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    I love these wholesome KO promos a bunch to be honest

• Options
    SproutSprout Registered User regular
    Owen Owens is a lying piece of shit.

This discussion has been closed.