As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Heroes of the Storm] Old Thread.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Look at all those blue camps.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    also,

cav at the start of the game: "i'm going greater polymorph"

me, a blasphemous unbeliever: "pffft, i mean, that's if we get kills to begin with....."

forgive me father for i have sinned

i did not believe

DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    Oh, Greater Polymorph is my favorite level 1 Brightwing talent now. The resets are of course amazing, but I have become reliant on that huge rage increase. Especially if the other team ends up with someone who has a big channeled heroic. Like Lili (pictured on demolished team).

Also, look at that Sylvanas's stats. Was she AFK half the game?

• Options
    And damn, what a stacked team.

Plus MMMig.

• Options
    finnithfinnith ... TorontoRegistered User regular
    I usually prefer taking it when I've got one reset hero like LM or Genji. At that point we either get a reset or lose the fight.

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
    Steam: CavilatRest
  • Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    god i'm so tired of losing to idiotic teammates.

35% winrate this season. playing alex on the worst map in the game, hanamura, and against etc and genji. our team constantly would dive their team, split up, and leave me alone to try and fight etc and genji and then they complain about not having heals. even on the rare occurrence i could cast cleansing flame, literally all of them would run to different areas so i could get zero value.

we had one fight together, and we teamwiped them incredibly hard. it's ludicrous how trash people are. "IN WINNING GAMES" sure is fucking fun.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    It's also annoying that you basically need to Google what all the end of game awards are to know what the alternate quest objectives are, unless you've memorized them all. Sorry, I'm not sure what Dominator or Scrapper means just by name.

forty on
  • Options
    Oh well I caved and mostly finished my first lap in ai so at least that’s done.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    The kid gets tired of you winning around lap five or six.

3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    I wonder if there's special dialog for finishing 50 laps.

• Options
    Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    Yeah every AI game I've played lately has had people very obviously farming the quest. There's always someone running around getting all the camps, another person hunting kills, and half the team goes out of their way to kill all the buildings.

• Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    When I run AI games, I always announce my quest at the start so everyone can be aware. That way if you need 8 camps, you can try and let your team know you need another spawn to finish, or if you're close to your damage threshold for a quest.

XBL: F4ll0utBP | STEAM | PSN : CustomSpecial | Bnet: F4ll0ut#1636
  • Options
    Yeah every AI game I've played lately has had people very obviously farming the quest. There's always someone running around getting all the camps, another person hunting kills, and half the team goes out of their way to kill all the buildings.

it's almost like the board game event was designed to promote good habits in games

it's almost like that's the way the game should be played

it's aLMOST LIKE YOU SHOULDN'T BE SMASHING FACES TOGETHER MID LANE FOR ETERNITY NEVER ENDING JUST FUCKIN' FITE ALL THE TIME NEVER NOT FIGHTING GOTTA SMASH

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Well, the kill streak quest sort of encourages mindless mid-fighting and being overly aggressive. Also, the problem with the "good habits" quests is it encourages people to do them to excess. Help take a 3/3 late game Curse? Nah, I gotta soak lane XP at level 16.

forty on
  • Options
    Feels like I've gotten quantifiably worse at this game lately. How many off days of poor mechanical plays can you have really?

• Options
    finnith wrote: »
    Feels like I've gotten quantifiably worse at this game lately. How many off days of poor mechanical plays can you have really?
    In my case, however many days it's been since December 2014.

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Wait, there are more rewards for finishing more than one lap?

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    Custom SpecialCustom Special I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm Sounders 'til I die!Registered User regular
    Wait, there are more rewards for finishing more than one lap?

You just get a rare box each time around, there are no more of the extra quests (first lap only).

• Options
    Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
    Ah, cool. Well, at least you can keep earning rewards of some sort.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
    XBL: InvaderJims
    Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
  • Options
    GvSzGfB.png

it's ya boi

back at it again

the winstreak kid..........................

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    man if only I got home early enough, could be in time to break it

• Options
    General_ArmchairGeneral_Armchair Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Ah, cool. Well, at least you can keep earning rewards of some sort.

You also get a regular box after the completion of three event quests. I've raked in thousands of doritos from this event. Weekly brawl? Chump change compared to the greatest board game evar or whatever its called. It's loot central. Especially since a lot of the challenges can be completed in one game.

Spell damage, basic attack damage, siege damage, and mercing can all potentially be done in one match. XP contribution takes me between two and three. The class specific ones mandate two games, and the three game one is three games. This is assuming bot matches where you win all the time, but only the primary conditions are valid. PvP matches can get you the win in one match via the secondary condition, but it's obviously harder to guarantee victory in PvP.

General_Armchair on
    3DS Friend Code:
    Armchair: 4098-3704-2012
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    When is the toys event over? as I am still debating about getting certain skins

• Options
    Brainleech wrote: »
    When is the toys event over? as I am still debating about getting certain skins

It was going to end this week, but they extended it to Feb 4 so we can keep playing with our toys.

• Options
    GroveGrove Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    Finally was able to play again after the holidays. 5-2 ranked and completed my first lap. I’m glad they extended the event. I was getting stressed as I’ve missed completing a few other events.

Selling PS3 & 360 Madcatz TE Stick
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Went 3-0 with @Munkus Beaver @kime @Saeris and @Kieri which puts me at promo out of bronze. I thought they were getting rid of the promo/demo games? Regardless, a 5-stack with communication and teamwork is such a nice change of pace.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    milk ducksmilk ducks High Mucky Muck Big Tits TownRegistered User regular
    Had a quest to capture 8 mercenary camps in a winning match. Took 20 instead. Fuck 'em.

• Options
    milk ducks wrote: »
    Had a quest to capture 8 mercenary camps in a winning match. Took 20 instead. Fuck 'em.

No this is too many merc camps

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    The quest should have rolled over into a negative number and made you get more.

• Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Arrogant Nephalem are preparing for a Heroes Lounge game now! Bahamut will be casting us!

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    Honestly the worst part of playing this game is I have like zero consistency. Sometimes it feels really good and I'm topping the right stats, and other times it feels like frostbolts veer off in opposite directions and key darts miss completely. I definitely feel bad about losing a game in draft, but it's the games we lose due to errors in execution (especially on my part) that really leave a bitter taste in my mouth.

• Options
    MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    If mechanical mistakes are happening it might mean that you are phsyically fatigued or mentally distracted / drained.

I'm actually thinking of taking a step back from hots like I did with Hearthstone.

I quit HS for maybe 4-5 months and started again but with no care for ladder.
    Having more fun just smashing big monsters into other big monsters in the rank 19-18 world.

l4lGvOw.png
    Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • Options
    I think to some extent that's (for you) might be from being part of HL/NGS continuously for a little while. The weekly games and practice that comes with that can be pretty exhausting. The burst meta has also become somewhat stale, and being part of a team, you're more encouraged to improve with your current hero roster than learn new ones, which can make the game a bit less fun.

• Options
    I feel like it's super hard for people to step up and admit to themselves that they could be /should be doing better. I've always felt that the moment you feel like you're as good as you can be, is the moment when everyone else starts passing you up.

Having said that, Finnith, we've been playing together a fair amount lately and I feel like you've been pretty on point. I've been really impressed by a lot of what I've seen, so I think you're doing a lot of things right. Maybe try making little goals for yourself like, "I'm going to focus this match on landing as many Frostbolts as possible." Like consciously make an effort to try and land every one. And just see how that goes.

I do this a lot in matchups vs a number of heroes. I go into an offlane and I think to myself, I did a poor job of countering this hero last time I faced them, I'm going to do better this time. That works pretty well for me with regard to not making the same mistakes repeatedly.

• Options
    I feel like it's super hard for people to step up and admit to themselves that they could be /should be doing better. I've always felt that the moment you feel like you're as good as you can be, is the moment when everyone else starts passing you up.

Having said that, Finnith, we've been playing together a fair amount lately and I feel like you've been pretty on point. I've been really impressed by a lot of what I've seen, so I think you're doing a lot of things right. Maybe try making little goals for yourself like, "I'm going to focus this match on landing as many Frostbolts as possible." Like consciously make an effort to try and land every one. And just see how that goes.

I do this a lot in matchups vs a number of heroes. I go into an offlane and I think to myself, I did a poor job of countering this hero last time I faced them, I'm going to do better this time. That works pretty well for me with regard to not making the same mistakes repeatedly.

ducks, we all know your "little goal" for yourself is to just take all the camps every game.

Steam profile
  • Options
    Mission accomplished

• Options

I read something once somewhere that said something like "there will always be the worst player on a team, no matter what, even if you win. and sometimes that's you."

And that stuck with me. I think about that a lot. Sometimes I realize I played like absolute trash-shit that game and *I* was the worst player on our team that game.

It drives me to do better next time.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    I, on the other hand, am always the best player on both teams.

Steam profile
  • Options
    schussschuss Registered User regular
    Also, there's really long plateaus in the journey from good to great as you unwind bad habits and replace with new. 1% gains take a while to notice, and you have to love the grind.

• Options
    kime wrote: »
    I, on the other hand, am always the best player on both teams.

kime ur the best, in my heart

<3

DNiDlnb.png
This discussion has been closed.