[Hesher] Bloody Hesher

• VanguardVanguard A wretched country of duskRegistered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    I probably wasn't going to listen to two straight hours of atmospheric BM, but then I got quarantined at home with nothing but time to kill. Turns out the new Mare Cognitum/Spectral Lore split is pretty killer! Not nearly as aimless and soundscapey as I feared. For a 2 hour atmoblack album it really keeps it moving.

I've loved what I've heard of it, don't regret springing for the vinyl.

• CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Ditto on the Mare Cognitum love. They've kept their floaty. ethereal spaciness that makes them unique, but turned the rip up several notches. Some great big nasty riffs going on.

desc
  • MgcwMgcw Registered User regular
    edited March 17
    autothrall wrote: »
    Mgcw wrote: »
    Looks like I'm probably not seeing Demilich in May after all lol

Did they cancel? The Euro-ban is possibly only 30 days long, so it could still go down.

I'm still planning to go to gigs in April and May if they're happening.

Sorry I don't check the thread much, been busy w craziness going on. The reason I said it was I've been idly paying attention to this stuff for a while and knew it was gonna get drastic pretty soon. Just yesterday Finland said nobody in or out for now. This is likely to last for a while, and since we didn't do much to contain initially the US will be considered an international red zone for non-essential travel for at least a few months, definitely past May. So, even if Finland is out of lockdown by then they're probably not coming here, lol.

Mgcw on
  • KakodaimonosKakodaimonos Registered User regular
    Khemmis just put out a cover of Dio's Rainbow in the Dark.

I can't find a link to post though.

This is now my 1.5 year old sons favorite lullaby.

Sir Carcass
  • SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    edited March 18
    Soilwork put out a new song a few days ago that I somehow missed:

I didn't really watch the video much. I remember it started with ladies dancing to a record, then I alt-tabbed. When I went back to it they were shooting some dude on the ground and setting a car on fire. The song sounded good to me; if you like Soilwork's last few albums, I don't see why you wouldn't enjoy this.

Devin Townsend's going to be putting out music during this time of social distancing, I guess, starting with this (mellow) song:

SteevL on
    autothrall
  • JazzJazz Fuck cancer. Un-UKRegistered User regular
    Apologies for the Facebook link, but here are quarantined Italians on their balconies singing Black Sabbath: https://www.facebook.com/56848544614/posts/10157345354064615/

SteevLGimautothrallEthelTheFrog
    I wonder how many bands out there are going to take advantage of being able to hire Björn Strid as a guest vocalist?

q7w6u7e7dyfg.png

Sir CarcassBrody
    Got an extensive wishlist over on bandcamp? Tomorrow's a great day to buy stuff on there, as 100% of the revenue will go to the artists.

JazzSir CarcassBlackDragon480Gim
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Obscure Sphinx posted this on Facebook. It's part one of a live "album" they're releasing streaming only for free:

They said part 2 will be an ambient performance with new music, which sounds interesting.

Campy
  • autothrallautothrall Registered User regular
    edited March 19
    Hell, I've got Speed laying down vocals for 7 of my own projects as we type.

Really digging the White Stones album, my physical copy of that came and I think Martin did a great job on that one.

Apologies for slowness with the Borknagar reviews, things have been hard here with the kids and wife home and the quarantine and all that jazz. I'll finish the last three before the end of the month and then I take April off anyways, good timing.

The new Sweven is dropping soon if you liked Morbus Chron. Interesting death metal as usual. I'll post a couple other new things of interest later.

autothrall on
    Fearmeister
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    imagine sitting there writing the new black and ur like ok almost again is good heres polyphony what a wizard

what kind of content is this magus producing now

g-good...

obF2Wuw.png
    Kreutz
  • CampyCampy Registered User regular
    Obscure Sphinx posted this on Facebook. It's part one of a live "album" they're releasing streaming only for free:

They said part 2 will be an ambient performance with new music, which sounds interesting.

Oh. Hell. Fucking. Yes.

Legits metal chills from them opening with Nothing Left, what a goddamn tune. Absolutely smashed it live too.

Sir Carcass
    Man, I've got some old shit in my collection and I have no idea where I got it from.

I really enjoy Grift as a rustic, folksy, emotional black metal outlet and this new album Budet is great.

surrealitycheckFearmeister
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Campy wrote: »

Oh. Hell. Fucking. Yes.

Legits metal chills from them opening with Nothing Left, what a goddamn tune. Absolutely smashed it live too.

"Presence of Goddess" is one of those few songs that I personally categorize as a "perfect" song. The album version is like 15 minutes long, but every time I listen to it, it just flies by. The pacing is incredible and listening to it is almost like reading a book or something, where there is this great musical arc from a slow start to like 2 plateaus and then a fade out.

And they play that second. That song would be a closer for almost anyone else.

edited March 19
    Just got this remastered demo/promo reissue in.

Knights of Nuclear Hell Decibelfucking the Charred Remains of the Christ

Well, now, I wonder what this might sound like.

8guhuqjbrvd4.jpg

autothrall on
    BlackDragon480
  • EidolonOrpheusEidolonOrpheus Registered User regular
    Whoever was asking for the guitars last time with Katatonia

Sir Carcassautothrall
    edited March 19
    It might have been me, I don't remember, but this is a HUGE improvement. The video cracked me up though, absolutely awful.

DRINK ALCOHOL. LIVE THE COUNTERCULTURE. LISTEN TO KATATONIA. PRETTY, DEPRESSED PEOPLE WILL RELATE TO YOU

autothrall on
  • surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    It might have been me, I don't remember, but this is a HUGE improvement. The video cracked me up though, absolutely awful.

DRINK ALCOHOL. LIVE THE COUNTERCULTURE. LISTEN TO KATATONIA. PRETTY, DEPRESSED PEOPLE WILL RELATE TO YOU

im clicking subscrib where are the pretty existentialist goth girls

obF2Wuw.png
    autothrallBlackDragon480FearmeisterCampydesc
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

im clicking subscrib where are the pretty existentialist goth girls

Presumably off listening to Faderhead or similar.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• FearmeisterFearmeister Registered User regular
    Auto big tiddy goth gf confirmed

autothrallsurrealitycheck
  • EthelTheFrogEthelTheFrog Registered User regular

I just scrolled down to the bottom of the thread and saw this with no context.

autothrallFearmeisterBlackDragon480JazzAuralynxCampydesc
  • AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

I do feel incredibly validated (if not particularly surprised) that he immediately found a Faderhead video with the subject under discussion on display.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

autothrall
    New Paradise Lost out in May:

autothrall
    edited March 20
    Don't forget that Bandcamp waves their fees today, so all the stuff you buy over there goes directly to the artists. If you buy a lot of digital music there, buy the f*&k out of it today.

As for me, I'm ready for my Daddy-time.

mkbkyb6muyes.jpg

autothrall on
    Fearmeisterdesc
    edited March 20
    Some nice blackened heavy metal out of California. Very simple but effective.

autothrall on
    Fearmeister
    The first thing I did when I woke up this morning was buy a haul off bandcamp. Might pick up more stuff later:
    xf4yap3gzwft.png

I had to search this very forum for the name of the band that turned out to be Xoth. I just searched for "hesher bandcamp" and that album art was unforgettable. No idea why I didn't bookmark it at the time, because I liked it. It's actually a "name your price" deal now, but I bought the physical CD.

autothrallJazzProlegomena
  • Futt BuckerFutt Bucker Registered User regular
    Bandcamp seems to be down for me. I grabbed the repress of the Eternal Champion demos and the new Malokarpatan but after going through paypal Bandcamp said to try again later.

My color is black to the blind
    autothrall
    edited March 20
    SteevL wrote: »
    The first thing I did when I woke up this morning was buy a haul off bandcamp. Might pick up more stuff later:
    xf4yap3gzwft.png

I had to search this very forum for the name of the band that turned out to be Xoth. I just searched for "hesher bandcamp" and that album art was unforgettable. No idea why I didn't bookmark it at the time, because I liked it. It's actually a "name your price" deal now, but I bought the physical CD.

That's a dope soundtrack, for Axiom Verge. Well worth buying, I think I already own it on both Steam and in my physical copy though.

Good haul. Probably gonna grab some dungeon synth stuff myself later.

So...EVERY single song on this new Lucifer album is completely awesome, except the first one "Ghosts" which I believe was one of the singles, and it's only partially awesome. Subtle, catchy, occult and occasionally doomy 70s hard rock with angelic vocals that sound fresh out of your mom's vinyl collection. Nicke and his wife kick ass, which I guess is no surprise because this IS Nicke Andersson we're talking about here, fucking guy wrote and played on Left Hand Path, Clandestine, Wolverine Blues and Stinking Up the Night, not to mention The Hellacopters and Imperial State Electric.

autothrall on
    BlackDragon480Fearmeister
    Bandcamp seems to be down for me. I grabbed the repress of the Eternal Champion demos and the new Malokarpatan but after going through paypal Bandcamp said to try again later.

The site is definitely getting slammed today, which I presume is a good sign for the artists on there.

I just realized I should pick up a Beastmaker EP or two on there.

Campy
  • Futt BuckerFutt Bucker Registered User regular
    edited March 20
    I've got Lucifer III on right now. I'm into it.

Paradise Lost put out a new single as well. It's a pretty straightforward continuation of the direction they took on the last two albums.

Futt Bucker on
    My color is black to the blind
    autothrallSteevL
    OK, picked up the first two Beastmaker EPs, then I bought Xoth's Invasion of the Tentacube and Visigoth's Conqueror's Oath on bandcamp. That might be it for me, but never say never.

autothrall
  • flamebroiledchickenflamebroiledchicken Registered User regular
    A plug for anything on the I, Voidhanger label, they're based in Italy and could really use it.

y59kydgzuja4.png
    autothralldesc
    Oh, the new Master Boot Record is out. Metal synthwave.

JazzAuralynxSteevL
    edited March 20
    One track in, that's awesome.

And it's a dollar on Bandcamp. Wow. Yeah, I'll have that.

Jazz on
    AuralynxSteevL
  • EthelTheFrogEthelTheFrog Registered User regular
    edited March 21
    Just pulled the trigger on CD's/Digipacks of three raison d'être albums (Within the Depths of Silence and Phormations, Metamorphyses, and Mise en Abyme), Antichrist's Sinful Birth, and Rhys Fulber's Your Dystopia, My Utopia. That's a pretty good haul in my book.

Bandcamp is noticeably slower today with all the extra web traffic. That's good to see.

EthelTheFrog on
    autothrallFutt BuckerJazz
    It was chugging badly last night, but I managed to pick up that Master Boot Record album, both parts of Slow and Heavy by Diplodocus, and a chilled-out synthwave compilation, Nightdrive (presented by Synthwave Cafe).

edited March 21
    If you're missing Fear Factory, these guys might take care of that for you. Certainly a pretty decent album for this niche.

autothrall on
  • BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Going back to existential goth chicks, here's a track of Semblant's newest that hit earlier this month:

First they came for the Muslims and we said...NOT TODAY MOTHERFUCKERS!