Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

You tube I tube we all tube for [youtube]

• TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    I have not listened to Greta Van Fleet

• JedocJedoc That citation you've neededRegistered User regular

GDdCWMm.jpg
    chrishallett83Zilla360
  • ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    A Charlie Brown Ripmas

BahamutZEROOmnipotentBagelFencingsaxLord_Asmodeus
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    I have not listened to Greta Van Fleet

boy, if you think The Darkness are derivative then buckle the fuck up

Crippl3jgeismrpakuMagellMortal Sky
  • FearghaillFearghaill If there is nothing but what we make in this world let us make goodRegistered User regular

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I actually like Greta van Fleet but I can understand people being skeptical of them

PSN: AWATTT66| XBox Live: AWATTT66| Steam: AL-WAT| Battle.Net: ALWATTS #1320
    Origin: aiwatt| Switch: SW-8499-0918-5960
    Crippl3Jacques L'HommeDouglasDangerMagell
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps Looking at your face just makes me sick How could any person be such a dick?!Registered User regular
    Greta van Fleet, aka "Hey guys, remember Led Zeppelin?!"

gLA6gMw.png?1
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular

steam_sig.png
    Lord_Asmodeus
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    YaYa wrote: »
    I Believe In A Thing Called Love is a great tune. The rest of what they did was so wildly derivative that I find it hard to summon up much sympathy for their subsequent failure. Everything from the music to the costumes to the personas to the stage performance was ripped off of somewhere, and once you get over "it's like Queen, but shit!" there's not much left.

Tube have you listened to Greta Van Fleet yet

Hot take: The majority of people who like Greta Van Fleet now would have hated Led Zeppelin in the 60's.

Quire.jpg
    chrishallett83
  • ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Clock King Registered User regular
    I've never heard of greta van fleet but this thread is making me want to check them out out of spite

BrainleechAnialos
  • YaYaYaYa Decent. Registered User regular
    I've never heard of greta van fleet but this thread is making me want to check them out out of spite

they're deeply bad

chrishallett83Mortal Sky
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

If youre gonna do that first read this hilariously over the top review.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/greta-van-fleet-anthem-of-the-peaceful-army/

Quire.jpg
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps Looking at your face just makes me sick How could any person be such a dick?!Registered User regular

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/greta-van-fleet-anthem-of-the-peaceful-army/
    And at least Zeppelin knew to separate their sweet-lady-I’m-horny songs from their howling-about-literary-fantasy songs. Hilariously, Greta Van Fleet combine them into one on “The Cold Wind,” where the narrator (who is dying) begs his “sweet mama” to take the family ox (I guess) to town to sell it, when, mid-ox-transaction, this happens: “The Yankee peddler bargains with you on his way/Whoa sweet mama’s gotten herself a new dress.”

gLA6gMw.png?1
    chrishallett83
  • milskimilski Their Will comes, at last, to Earth, to the Neath, as a storm crosses the sea. Registered User regular
    Remember when Pitchfork gave Andrew W.K. an 0.6 and called him "tard-rock?"

Pitchfork is bad y'all

High, cold, eternal, immobile, minuscule. You endure; you burn.
    #pipechrishallett83YoutubeRorshach KringlePwnanObrienDouglasDangerJohnny ChopsockyThetherooMagellLindsay Lohan
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Cheers Luv! King's RowRegistered User regular

These new animatronics are fantastic

tumblr_oj5c1nDyyk1sk79exo1_250.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by beroberos Sig by jawlipops
    BahamutZEROMidniteTankHammerDedwrekkaTonkkaZilla360SporkAndrewYaYaDisruptedCapitalist
  • chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular
    HeadCreeps wrote: »
    Greta van Fleet, aka "Hey guys, remember Led Zeppelin?!"

That's being generous.

More like "Remember Wolfmother? You know how they aped Led Zeppelin? Well, we ape them."

• Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular
    I'm happy with any band that produces at least one good song that I'll enjoy if played in my vicinity once a year.
    I'm not too picky.

VayBJ4e.png
    YoutubeAnialos
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

These new animatronics are fantastic

Imagine if they did a live-action Beauty & the Beast using these instead!

wpyz0Y5.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    FencingsaxDedwrekkaJoolander
  • DelzhandDelzhand Venitah, Satariel! Registered User regular

I love love love reading savage reviews of things. I don't even need to know about the subject material. I wish there was a website that just collected shit like this.

Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited December 7

Psykoma on
    JedocpookaSeptusAl_watVirgil_Leads_YouDrZiplockMunkus BeaverFencingsaxXehalusWotanAnubischrishallett83Lord_AsmodeusJacques L'HommeBedlamdurandal4532ElbasunuKim kongDee Kaeph blakeMagellDizzy DNeveronJoolander
  • OmnipotentBagelOmnipotentBagel Shell, Teeth, Eyes, Flame, Claws, Breath, Scales, FUN!Registered User regular
    My hot take would be that Zeppelin should have combined their "oh god I'm horny" songs with their "fuck yeah fantasy" songs. Gimme Robert Plant singing about how badly he wants to fuck Galadriel or whatever.

Don't get it it twisted, I'm still cute as hell tho.
    FencingsaxDouglasDangerCrippl3GvzbgulTheStigAnialosLord PalingtonJacques L'HommeDisruptedCapitalistMagellInquisitorJoolanderCurly_Brace
  • JedocJedoc That citation you've neededRegistered User regular
    Carrot In a Box is the finest sport humanity has ever devised.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    Virgil_Leads_YouJacques L'HommecursedkingNeveron
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited December 7
    This is actually SFW. Just barely.

EDIT: Actually, the language isn't, but it is visually SFW.

Butler on
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    A new born baby's skin is still porous, you can just leave them sitting in a bucket of blood and they'll soak up what they need.
    darunia106shoeboxjeddyPeasKanaHeadCreepsZilla360Johnny ChopsockyAnialosThatDudeOverThereLord_AsmodeusJacques L'HommeDee KaeJoolander
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Greta Van Fleet are harmless fun and also poetic justice for all the artists Led Zeppelin ripped off.

Gvzbgul wrote: »
    A new born baby's skin is still porous, you can just leave them sitting in a bucket of blood and they'll soak up what they need.
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka What Would Nyarlathotep Do? Registered User regular
    I'm seriously disappointed that this isn't actually an animated show.

PeasTonkkacB557Zilla360AnialosLord_AsmodeusshoeboxjeddyMcHogerDizzy DTankHammerJoolanderSCREECH OF THE FARG
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited December 7

It's our favourite song December

Peas on
    NrAtmCde S 01001011 00110000 01000010 01010001 00110010 00111001 01001110 01001011 01010010 01001100 00110101 01001000 01010010 00110111 01001100
    Crippl3
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular

YoutubeJacques L'HommeTonkka
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

I knew exactly what this was when I clicked on it.

And I love it.

Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Fencingsaxchrishallett83SorceLord_AsmodeusBedlamTonkkaMagellWiseManTobesNeveronKristmas Kthulhu
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter Registered User regular
    I Believe In A Thing Called Love is a great tune. The rest of what they did was so wildly derivative that I find it hard to summon up much sympathy for their subsequent failure. Everything from the music to the costumes to the personas to the stage performance was ripped off of somewhere, and once you get over "it's like Queen, but shit!" there's not much left.

It's all fun enough that I don't care

Thankfully, they didn't hang around

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    FearghaillJacques L'HommejgeisN1tSt4lkerGoose!HeadCreepsDedwrekkaTonkkaSeptusDarkPrimusMidniteMillKanaFencingsaxTankHammerKristmas Kthulhu
  • chrishallett83chrishallett83 Hi! Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

I knew exactly what this was when I clicked on it.

And I love it.

That reach into the box for the non-existent carrot was when Sean sealed the deal. He could have been stone-faced and dead silent the whole time and still Jon would have thought the carrot was in Sean's box.

Fencingsax
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular

NrAtmCde S 01001011 00110000 01000010 01010001 00110010 00111001 01001110 01001011 01010010 01001100 00110101 01001000 01010010 00110111 01001100
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    the 90s were a golden era of space tv shows

they were also the golden era of medical dramas

ergo, combining the two was the only logical thing to do:

i know i'm mad late to the party on this one but i would have watched the hell out of this show.

this isn't something i knew i wanted until like right this second

• ThatDudeOverThereThatDudeOverThere Clock King Registered User regular
    After a week or so of listening to a ton of Adam Neely, he has my full endorsement. He's really fantastic, I don't think I've disagreed with him substantially on any subject (and I'm extremely disagreeable about music).

chrishallett83Midnite
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    A cover of While My Guitar Gently Weeps genuinely changed my life.