Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

You tube I tube we all tube for [youtube]

• BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular

TheStigJacques L'HommeAl_wat
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

WrIiiPW.png
    cB557ThatDudeOverThereTonkka
  • ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    The real issue with red dead as it is with every rockstar game are their cheap and bullshit broken Wanted systems. We want super realism in our games, except if you play as a criminal, then we'll spawn witnesses, spawn in endless police to mercilessly hunt you down, and the risk reward of it is broken utterly as a result. There's basically no point in engaging with them, they're devoid of any reliable system you can compete against.

I've seen sherrifs spawn in ten feet in front of me from thin air. They track you down like homing beacons if you try to break line of sight, it's just pointless

They are always cheap, frustrating and broken and it drives me nuts that reviewers never mention that an entire gameplay system is basically broken to the point of being unplayable.

Prohass on
    ShortyMysstKristmas Kthulhu
  • Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Surreal. Immersive. Earth.Registered User regular

Skidzilla360.jpg | NH844lc.png | GACSALB.jpg My Blog | Gravatar | PSN | 72INGtl.jpg | HkSlskT.png
    cB557HeadCreepsTonkkaYoutube
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    I think one of the biggest problems Rockstar has is that over the past 17 years their missions have become less system driven and open world. Their games give you more options than ever with what to do but the stories are more on rails than they have ever been. Take a look at the mission Sayanora Savlatore from GTA 3.

Outside of the fact that Salvatore is leaving the club three minutes from when you start the mission and headed for his destination there's not much else that's set in stone. You could snipe him like in the video, and considering the hidden package, precarious vantage point and the poetic justice of you killing him from above the alleyway where he tried to have you killed with a carbomb it seems it's the way the developers intended you to complete the mission. I however used a rocket launcher. Other players rained grenades down onto his motorcade. One popular strategy was to blockade his exit with a semi and gun down everybody. You could also stay on the street and slug it out with the mafia or wait until he starts to leave and get him in a drive-by. Hell I've heard of players who accidentally passed the mission when their gunfire caused somebody to panic and run the guy over.

Rockstar could really learn from their past and what made their games so popular in the first place.

WrIiiPW.png
    Zilla360TankHammerYoutubeKristmas Kthulhu
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    Waypoint touched on that change during their replay of RDR. They talked about how missions could play out wildly differently in GTA3 because the world respected what you had been doing beforehand, but by the time you get to GTA IV and RDR the games reset the world at the start of every mission and everything is so highly-scripted to have you hit their pre-determined story beats that a player can encounter an absurd number of failstates. Too far away, too close, shot them too soon, got in the wrong car, didn't pick up the shotgun, etc.

wpyz0Y5.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
    Zilla360PwnanObriendurandal4532YoutubeKristmas Kthulhu
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular

He was a lot more kind to Hackers than I expected he would be

cursedking
  • DedwrekkaDedwrekka What Would Nyarlathotep Do? Registered User regular
    Psykoma wrote: »

Of course, he's a hacker. He's social engineering us to think that hacking requires some in-depth process, and not asking someone for their password over the phone and installing a pre-built hacking package on their system.

TankHammerZilla360
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

Peas on
    tylvh4k5gys0.gif

Lord_AsmodeuscB557Jacques L'HommefurlionDedwrekkaTonkkashoeboxjeddyAnialosEncKristmas Kthulhu
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

That's because Hackers is every programmer's favorite hacking movie.

TheStig on
    bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStigCFN: Stiggles
    JayKaosShortyCurly_BraceKana

He makes Mashed Potatoes via Sous Vide and a ton of butter. Far more than I think you need but that's just me. Also he skins the potatoes

Jacques L'HommeTankHammer
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Dedwrekka wrote: »

Of course, he's a hacker. He's social engineering us to think that hacking requires some in-depth process, and not asking someone for their password over the phone and installing a pre-built hacking package on their system.

They chose the hackers scene with actual hacking.

And not the one where the villain skateboards to pick up a floppy of the critical data,

Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    A treadmill that actually moves! Sorta!

ElaroPeasKupiTonkkaZilla360cB557
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular

MYtio8V.jpg
    ButlerTonkka
  • BedlamBedlam Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

Three good good podcast boys.
    Say boy....like at least three times over 420 episodes (heh the sex number)
    Holla atcha boi!

Bedlam on
    #pipedurandal4532TonkkaEnc

tylvh4k5gys0.gif
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist You were strong enough to be whatever you wanted. You chose to be kind.Registered User regular

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: SkinnerSweet
    BahamutZEROLord_AsmodeusJedocdarunia106BrainleechmccartGoose!Crippl3WiseManTobesTonkkaLabelDedwrekkaMidniteTankHammerHeadCreepsJoolanderYoutubeWeX MajorsAl_watShortyDisruptedCapitalistbombardierHefflingEncKristmas Kthulhu
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular

SYhhzZG.jpg?2?8605
    cB557Peas
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    RCmKIvs.gif
    indie_winter on PS4 | @indiewinter on twitter | 3034-4093-8537 on Switch
    Lord_AsmodeusKnight_Goose!Crippl3TonkkaJacques L'HommeLadaiDedwrekkadurandal4532Emerlmaster999SorceMayabirdShortyDisruptedCapitalistKanaKristmas Kthulhu
  • LadaiLadai Registered User regular
    I say this as someone who is not a Flyers fan, who in fact grew up a Devils fan in NJ, but then moved to Philly about 10 years ago:

Gritty represents everything that is good and pure in this world.

4zyrt5.jpg
    FearghaillTonkkaEmerlmaster999Knight_SorceShortyDisruptedCapitalist

tylvh4k5gys0.gif
    SorceYoutubeCojo MojoN1tSt4lkerAl_watAnialos
  • SorceSorce Registered User regular

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery. It's totally updated again, I swear!
    Tonkka

DedwrekkacB557Mayabird
  • David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    Peas wrote: »

Took me longer than I care to admit to spot the pun in a rock band called The HU.

steam_sig.png

Bendery It Like BeckhamAl_watHeadCreeps
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Cheers Luv! King's RowRegistered User regular
    It's Micky's 90th Birthday!

tumblr_oj5c1nDyyk1sk79exo1_250.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by beroberos Sig by jawlipops
    Fencingsaxdarunia106Crippl3Duke 2.0Zilla360Lord_AsmodeusshoeboxjeddySporkAndrewBrainleechJoolanderLoisLane
    StealthGamerBR, who you might know as the dude with absolutely insane Dishonored, Far Cry, and Hitman videos (like this and this and this) is finally putting out Hitman 2 stuff and it's ridiculous.

AthenorZilla360WiseManTobescB557KupiTonkkapookaKana
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    what do you mean "finally" didn't hitman 2 come out like 4 days ago

• darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    MST3K TURKEY DAY MARATHON RIGHT NOW!

MYtio8V.jpg
    BahamutZERO
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

no dude blood money came out in 2006

BahamutZERO.gif
  • JedocJedoc I fought THE POD and THE POD wonRegistered User regular
    Dammit, back in my day numbers on vidyagames meant something.

GDdCWMm.jpg
    EmperorSethTonkka
  • milskimilski Their Will comes, at last, to Earth, to the Neath, as a storm crosses the sea. Registered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Waypoint touched on that change during their replay of RDR. They talked about how missions could play out wildly differently in GTA3 because the world respected what you had been doing beforehand, but by the time you get to GTA IV and RDR the games reset the world at the start of every mission and everything is so highly-scripted to have you hit their pre-determined story beats that a player can encounter an absurd number of failstates. Too far away, too close, shot them too soon, got in the wrong car, didn't pick up the shotgun, etc.

In RDR 2, there's a part of one mission where you're leading your horse for a bit before going into a store to pick something up. You move extremely slowly in this section and at one point I got kinda blocked off by a wagon, so when the conversation finished and your ally tells you to hitch up your horse, I did so at the post right next to me.

It turns out, you're supposed to hitch your horse at the post across the street. Worse, you can't un-hitch your horse at this segment, because all it's designed to let you do is hitch your horse and walk at the ultra slow, conversational pace. And even though I have a hitched up horse, my companion is yelling at me to hitch up the horse when I walk up to him. I can't shoot anybody, or do anything else to leave the mission, so I have to walk extremely slowly to the sheriff's office and repeatedly bump into him until I fail the mission for "Alerting the Law", despite the fact we hadn't actually done anything illegal at all.

High, cold, eternal, immobile, minuscule. You endure; you burn.
    DarkPrimus
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    Age of Empires II stock horse sound effect.

• Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Ms Dapper wrote: »
    It's Micky's 90th Birthday!

Every time I see something reminding me it’s Mickeys 90th anniversary I just get mad because he’s still not in the public domain.

Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    Knight_JedocDuke 2.0GoatmonCrippl3chrishallett83Ms DapperAistanDedwrekkadarunia106shoeboxjeddyJacques L'HommeZilla360A Kobold's KoboldYoutubeHefflingStiltsLoisLaneKristmas Kthulhu
  • NeveronNeveron SwedenRegistered User regular

StealthGamerBR looks to have gotten the press kit, so they've had it for a bit longer than that. Ten days or so, maybe, from a quick Google.

ssEXN.png
    One Punch Man webcomic [NSFW]|english index|original japanese|
  • FearghaillFearghaill If there is nothing but what we make in this world let us make goodRegistered User regular
    Gvzbgul wrote: »
    Age of Empires II stock horse sound effect.

Making horse sounds with their instruments to be a thing in Mongolian music

Hanggai does it really well about 2:50ish into this one

(Hanggai is also really good, if you’re in the mood for folkier Mongolian rock)

N1tSt4lker
  • CoinageCoinage dance all crazy, whip my hair around all crazy Registered User regular

It's the team up you've all been waiting for! Dry and sarcastic meets dry and sarcastic! Two dull, unfunny, elderly men talk about an old, dull, dry film. WHAT COULD BE BETTER THAN THAT KIDS?!?!?!? Seriously though, Mike and Jim love Star Trek The Motion Picture. It's mainly because they are dry, dull, and elderly.

• GoatmonGoatmon Property of Amara_P Registered User regular
    Y'all really gotta check out She-Ra on Netflix, because it is awesome.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

agoajEmerlmaster999darunia106ph blakeHeadCreepsDedwrekkaWeX MajorsLord_AsmodeusshoeboxjeddyDouglasDangerAngelHedgieYoutubeEncM-TeeKristmas Kthulhu

"finally" as in "thank god, I've been waiting for this since Hitman 2 was announced"