Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

You tube I tube we all tube for [youtube]

• WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    This one is just gross with how half assed everyone did their jobs

These need Ron Howard

"The Company believed the coating would protect the pipe from corroding"

Ron Howard " It didn't"

Steam! Battlenet:Wisemantobes#1508
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStigCFN: Stiggles
    BahamutZEROchrishallett83JoolanderZilla360Kana
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    thinking and talking about his dumb publicity stunt is exactly what he's aiming for so it's probably better to just ignore him

This reminds me of a certain person who made dumb comments when Stan Lee died. Nobody respects the commenter anyway so who gives a shit? "Dumb person has dumb opinion" aint news.

Quire.jpg
  • Vicious_GSRVicious_GSR Video Dude Principality of ZeonRegistered User regular
    Very impressive shadow puppets. I'd pay quite a large amount to see the film script of Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas preformed in it's entirety this way.

PPkeyvz.png
    darunia106BrainleechZilla360
  • miscellaneousinsanitymiscellaneousinsanity grass grows, birds fly, sun shines, and brother, i hurt peopleRegistered User regular
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Cheers Luv! King's RowRegistered User regular
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Wait, had Just Cause 4 been anounced?

torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Wait, had Just Cause 4 been anounced?

At E3 this year! It comes out in like 3 weeks!

Zilla360
  • SnicketysnickSnicketysnick The Greatest Hype Man in WesterosRegistered User regular
    Butler wrote: »
    Maybe I'm being charitable but Paul is more of a symptom than a villain to me. His life has unfolded in such a way that he is now constantly bombarded with positive reinforcement for being shittily bizarre and bizarrely shitty. If he ever loses his channel he's going to completely fucking unravel on an existential level.

Matt Lees had a bit about this on the beef and dairy podcast that he reposted recently and it is basically perfect

7qmGNt5.png
    D3 Steam #TeamTangent STO
    HermanoSorceTonkka
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular

tylvh4k5gys0.gif
    Delzhand
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Null Registered User regular

I've never seen this movie in particular, but the show and prequel stuff was probably the best pieces of media I've consumed all year

B.net: Naphtali#1830 | Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | PSN: EI-Naphtali | Wish List
  • DelzhandDelzhand Venitah, Satariel! Registered User regular

I'm a sucker for gorgeous graphics work on topics that are totally mundane (insofar as a gigantic explosion can be considered mundane).

Steam|FFXIV|Switch SW-3472-4893-0802
  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

Quire.jpg
    FencingsaxHeadCreepsph blakeProlegomenapookaKristmas Kthulhu
  • TynnanTynnan seldom correct, never unsure Registered User regular

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular

BahamutZERO.gif
    AngelHedgiepookaMagell
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular

"there's sin enough without treating love like a sin"
    BrainleechVirgil_Leads_YouPeasHefflingpooka
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular

This was really great. I went to music college out of high school but majored in classical (and also didn't finish) and a lot of this video rang really true for me. I saw Whiplash a little while ago and enjoyed it as a film and it touched on a lot of feelings I and other people I went to college with had while there, but only really feelings. I know personally that the dynamic between the professor and the student in the movie DOES exist in music college, but it's actually between student and their sense of worth/ability/self confidence.

• TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    Whiplash was an extreme version of some of the things that happened to me during my education. I will say that one of the biggest flaws in it is that I don't think the way that Teller's character practised would have gotten very good results, but I figure it was supposed to be more dramatic than anything else. Showing him sitting there trying to hit the hi-hat as fast as he can is more visually interesting than showing him slowing things down and controlling his movements more efficiently for hours and hours and hours.

Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    HefflingQuantumTurkpookaKana
    One thing this guy captures that wasn't in the movie is that jazz musicians are totally fucking insufferable

#pipeMidniteRorshach KringleMysstFencingsaxchrishallett83ElbasunuZilla360HefflingcursedkingStiltsKristmas Kthulhu
    One thing while I'm watching it through, he calls out that a drummer wouldn't tune to a particular pitch because that's stupid. He's right that it's stupid, but I've still known drummers who do it. I remember seeing a drummer at a Thomas Lang masterclass ask him what pitches he tunes to and being crestfallen when Lang told him that tuning to a pitch is stupid.

FencingsaxDrCongoKristmas Kthulhu
    Oh he covers the dumb practise stuff, that's good.

Fencingsax
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular

Jacques L'HommeVirgil_Leads_YouLord_Asmodeus
  • Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Not on Any Podcast or Affliated Don't Even Own a MikeRegistered User regular

VayBJ4e.png
    BahamutZEROMysstInquisitor
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    he should have not overacted his playing until the eurobeat dropped in, then it would have been perfect

BahamutZERO.gif
    Virgil_Leads_YouInquisitorSorceDedwrekka
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I still.
    Love.
    The.
    Initial D soundtrack.

Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
    PeasMysstmiscellaneousinsanityInquisitorSorceLord_Asmodeus
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular

tylvh4k5gys0.gif
    Virgil_Leads_YouYoutubeZilla360Jedoc
  • MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    Peas wrote: »

uhmmm

ikbUJdU.jpg
    Twitter Steam Playstation- Mechaphiliac
    Joolander
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »

uhmmm

Don't kink shame

Emerlmaster999
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Cheers Luv! King's RowRegistered User regular

tumblr_oj5c1nDyyk1sk79exo1_250.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by beroberos Sig by jawlipops
    ThatDudeOverThereTankHammerStiltsMagell
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Mysst wrote: »

uhmmm

Don't kink shame

The thing I hate most is he says nutmilkery, i stead of nutdairy

torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • XehalusXehalus lofi Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    beep

Xehalus on
    Gundi
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited November 2018

I have checked and the guy does not die, he was dug out unharmed 8 hours later. But death is fairly common in this sort of accident, so I thought I ought to check first.

Gvzbgul on
    cB557YoutubeZilla360Magell
  • Kevin CristKevin Crist You were strong enough to be whatever you wanted. You chose to be kind.Registered User regular
    Looks like theres another guy getting buried too.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: SkinnerSweet
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I kinda disagree with the title of that video.
    The forklift may have been the tipping point, but if being nudged is enough to make the entire warehouse collapse then the blame has to go towards whoever designed the layout of the warehouse, whoever sourced the shelving, and whoever stacked the shelves with more weight than it seems like they could handle.
    When I worked in a warehouse for a couple summers while at uni, impacts as minor as the one shown were multiple times per month, if not week, occurrences. Hell just placing a pallet with a forklift could cause an impact as minor as that.

Psykoma on
    ProhassGvzbgulBrainleechph blakeKnight_Centipede DamascusOptyBahamutZEROFencingsaxchrishallett83SorcefurlionLord_AsmodeusElbasunuNeveronDouglasDangerJoolanderAnialosZilla360CimmeriiHefflingAl_watDrCongoDedwrekkaA Kobold's KoboldMysstbalerbowerDuke 2.0Curly_BraceDisruptedCapitalistKanaStiltsMagellMortal SkyKristmas Kthulhu
  • GvzbgulGvzbgul Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Looks like theres another guy getting buried too.
    They're fine. One person was missing (the driver) and they were found unharmed after 8 hours.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3576799/At-one-person-missing-warehouse-collapsed-Shropshire.html

It's the Daily Mail but they were the least clickbait and most helpful source I could find. Every other news website just reposted the video with a generic "wow, and you thought your day was bad!" comment.

Fun fact: it was a warehouse full of cheese.

Gvzbgul on
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    Being in the forklift probably saved the driver. By their nature they’re designed to withstand having stuff dropped on them from a height.

Gvzbgul wrote: »
    A new born baby's skin is still porous, you can just leave them sitting in a bucket of blood and they'll soak up what they need.
    BrainleechFencingsaxLord_AsmodeusJoolanderZilla360DedwrekkaTankHammerMysstDuke 2.0KanaMagell
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    If that were my job I'd sue for all the emotional trauma from being buried for 8 hours because they overload their shelving creating an unsafe work environment.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStigCFN: Stiggles
    GvzbgulShortyOptyBahamutZEROGoose!HeadCreepsph blakeFencingsaxfurlionPsykomaYaYaLord_AsmodeusNeveronshoeboxjeddyAnialosZilla360HefflingDedwrekkaTankHammerA Kobold's KoboldMysstbalerbowerCurly_BraceDisruptedCapitalistKanaStiltsMortal SkyKristmas Kthulhu
    Hey look.

Negligence.

Twitch Channel
    BahamutZEROGoose!FencingsaxLord_AsmodeusZilla360A Kobold's KoboldDuke 2.0DisruptedCapitalistKana
  • Psychotic OnePsychotic One The Lord of No Pants Parts UnknownRegistered User regular
    I'd link that German Forklift Safety video. But it's pretty not safe for work. But trust me. It is the right side of crazy PSA warning that makes it legendary.

GvzbgulcB557YoutubeJoolander
    I'd link that German Forklift Safety video. But it's pretty not safe for work. But trust me. It is the right side of crazy PSA warning that makes it legendary.

Dude if all it takes is a tiny tap to bring a warehouse down someone fucked up and it wasn’t the forklift driver.

Twitch Channel
    FencingsaxfurlionYoutubeElbasunuLord_AsmodeusDouglasDangershoeboxjeddyJoolanderPwnanObrienN1tSt4lkerZilla360HefflingA Kobold's KoboldMysstDisruptedCapitalistKanaStiltsMagellKristmas Kthulhu