Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

You tube I tube we all tube for [youtube]

• shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »
    Knight_ wrote: »
    they could be anything but they were final fantasy, and acting like that wasn't a core part of the whole thing for the first couple games seems disingenuous?

Core is not an accurate description. They were probably among people's favorite thing, but only 2 really gives them a prominent place in the story or much to do. In 1, there's two storyline battles you're allowed to lose and some conversations that deliver exposition, otherwise it's all optional stuff. 2 actually has an FF party member and a big blowout set piece with the FF characters. Since then though, the series moved way away from that direction. There was Zack in BBS and.... nothing else. So 3 is entirely in keeping with the series as it has been, as opposed to what lapsed fans who played a decade or more ago might be expecting.

I take umbrage with calling someone going from the game with a two on it to the game with a three on it a "lapsed fan"

And you're wrong to do so. If you on purpose skipped three sequels or prequels, what else would you be called? It's like skipping Halo Spartan Ops, which was explicitly the sequel to the campaign story of 4 and then being shocked that the sequel to 4 comes before 5.

In other words, you're putting too much emphasis on title numbers and not enough on the substance of the matter.

i mean, square is the one who decided to call it kh3. i didn't play any of the spinoff handheld games because they were spinoff handheld games.

and hearing that you have to have played them or the already hard to understand story becomes impossible to understand, well, i guess i just won't play any of it?

They put out a collection called "The Story So Far" to avoid this exact issue. It is definitely not their fault if people decided they were kidding or lying.

It is if you're an Xbox owner.

Yeah, that straight up sucks and I hate it. But you also can't play 1 and 2 there at all, so it's not giving you the impression of having played the "main" series either... at least?

• Kevin CristKevin Crist You were strong enough to be whatever you wanted. You chose to be kind.Registered User regular
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

PwnanObrien
  • ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    SFM sftuesday!

Gvzbgul wrote: »
    A new born baby's skin is still porous, you can just leave them sitting in a bucket of blood and they'll soak up what they need.
    Knight_Kana
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    HefflingBrainleechZilla360
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Claire makes a Valentines classic!

BrainleechNeveronZilla360
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular

FencingsaxN1tSt4lkerDedwrekka

cB557AbsalonZilla360Dedwrekka
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »
    Why not save yourself that and commit a war crime
    o4ewwpul9lfn.jpg

FencingsaxBahamutZEROKruiteHefflingJedocJoolanderAl_watDedwrekkafurlionOlivaw
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

WrIiiPW.png
    chrishallett83StiltsBrainleechCentipede DamascusSorceYoutube

BahamutZERO
  • Metzger MeisterMetzger Meister Registered User regular
    i kinda wanna make an animated musicals thread but i dunno if there'd be enough interest :( i wanna talk about how underrated prince of egypt and hunchback of notre dame are!

• Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    i kinda wanna make an animated musicals thread but i dunno if there'd be enough interest :( i wanna talk about how underrated prince of egypt and hunchback of notre dame are!

Do it!
    I’m still blown away by Prince of Egypt’s animation and songs.

FencingsaxBahamutZERONeveron
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular

I kinda think they are properly rated, with ND having excellent music that does not save its abysmal plot contrivances (The. Gargoyles.)

Make the thread, man!

Twitch Channel
    Steam: munkus_beaver
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    http://www.ccfa.org/
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Prince of Egypt, the movie that shouldn't be good but is, actually.

Gundi wrote: »
    Prince of Egypt, the movie that shouldn't be good but is, actually.

Eh, I think it has one good song which isn't the best for a cartoon musical.

Twitch Channel
  • FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    Did someone say Prince of Egypt?

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
    FencingsaxPsychotic OneAnialos
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    #pipe wrote: »
    Why not save yourself that and commit a war crime
    o4ewwpul9lfn.jpg

I recently read a story about a lady who covered Brussels sprouts in chocolate and wrapped them like Ferrero rocher to troll her dad at Christmas time. Rochers are his favorite treat and he hates sprouts. It was a multi year double fakeout series of trolls that just escalated beautifully.

FencingsaxSnicketysnickDarkPrimusThe Cow KingFearghaillJoolanderchrishallett83chromdomCaptain InertiaKadithPwnanObrienMidniteGlalNeveronMysstAnialosOlivaw
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular

I kinda think they are properly rated, with ND having excellent music that does not save its abysmal plot contrivances (The. Gargoyles.)

Make the thread, man!

Someone (maybe me) will post lindasy ellis's criticism of hunchback

torchlight-sig-80.jpg
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    In the Dune talk yesterday in the movie thread I fell down a lore hole about someone talking about Dune and then in one video goes tin hat crazy but has a point about social media and it's overreach
    But reeling away from that I ended up on someone talking about Wheel of time {how it's worldbuilding sucks} But about the lore and how it's going to be on amazon with boyish glee. This person and another have tons of videos about Star Trek Lore but both are very anti Discovery {Never seen the show so I have no idea what they are complaining about} But in the various videos I saw yesterday I saw a odd trend.

The people whom got tired of the arguments about Star Wars and where it is now. Ran off to these videos promoting odd ideals and theories

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Wheel of time is so weird.

torchlight-sig-80.jpg
    Centipede Damascus
    a lot of the music in prince of egypt is great you guys are just grouches! BUT WE CAN DEBATE THIS IN THE THREAD.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/224124/for-the-first-time-forever-an-animated-musicals-thread#latest

AJR
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    The Hunchback movie is a bad movie with some absolutely amazing moments.

hunchback is a movie that suffered from being unable to fully explore its themes, i think.

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    Gundi wrote: »
    The Hunchback movie is a bad movie with some absolutely amazing moments.

No it is a good movie with some structural flaws and bad decisions.

Metzger MeisterFencingsaxN1tSt4lker
  • Ms DapperMs Dapper Cheers Luv! King's RowRegistered User regular
    I REALLY don't want to see what they would do with live action Quasimodo

tumblr_oj5c1nDyyk1sk79exo1_250.png
    Tumblr | Twitter PSN: misterdapper Av by beroberos Sig by jawlipops
    KwoaruMidniteCurly_BraceThatDudeOverThereAnialos
    hunchback is a movie that suffered from being unable to fully explore its themes, i think.

It is a movie that suffered from the 90s mandates on what had to go into a successful Disney movie.

Because of Aladdin.

Twitch Channel
    Metzger MeisterFencingsax
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    edited February 12

This song is much better this way

(the RATT one I mean. Not the Marvin gaye one. That one was already really good)

Uriel on
    Brainleech
  • GrisloGrislo Registered User regular
    I watched Prince of Egypt with a buddy, who picked it. Dude really wanted to watch it, so sure since I hadn't seen it. It was a bit surprising, since it didn't really seem like his kind of thing.

About 10 minutes from the end, he turns to me and goes, "isn't this, like, kind of religious?" Just, really surprised.

This post was sponsored by LG.

'Get your fucking finger on the wookie'
    UrielFencingsaxcB557DarkPrimusGvzbgulJohnny ChopsockyKwoaruGundiDuke 2.0Centipede DamascusSorceShortyCurly_BraceHefflingeddizhereMysstAnialosfurlionOlivawLoisLane
    Ms Dapper wrote: »

there's a stage production that's apparently very good but i can guarantee you a newer film would be CG and it would be gross.

• CoinageCoinage dance all crazy, whip my hair around all crazy Registered User regular
    edited February 12

there's a stage production that's apparently very good but i can guarantee you a newer film would be CG and it would be gross.

We have prosthetics.

They should use prosthetics.

Twitch Channel
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Coinage wrote: »

Anyone with internal disney parks experience also knows that managers never check their damn email ever.

We have prosthetics.

They should use prosthetics.

they should but they won't. why would they have an actor sit in a chair for hours getting makeup applied when they can just put some... like... mothballs on their face and paint over it later in post? it's sad, but lost time on a shoot is lost money and CG is only getting cheaper, especially since a lot of companies seem to think they can just "fix it in post" and it ends up looking like absolute garbage

Gvzbgul
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    Captain InertiashoeboxjeddyJohnny ChopsockymrpakucB557JoolanderSeptusWeX MajorsFencingsaxMayabirdEmerlmaster999Centipede DamascusKanaYoutubeMidniteKim kongSnicketysnickTynnanHefflingDedwrekkaAnialosfurlionLord_AsmodeusOlivaw
  • EncEnc A Fool with Compassion The Land of Flowers (and Dragons)Registered User regular
    edited February 13
    a lot of the music in prince of egypt is great you guys are just grouches! BUT WE CAN DEBATE THIS IN THE THREAD.

https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/224124/for-the-first-time-forever-an-animated-musicals-thread#latest

In high school my marching band did an amazing show to Prince of Egypt.

During chariot races the trumpet section would alternate literally being the horses for a single tuba as we ran around an arena made out of the woodwinds.

It was stupid and fun and people at football games actually watched and cheered.

Enc on
    JedocMayabirdMetzger MeisterLabelTankHammer
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Uriel wrote: »

This song is much better this way

(the RATT one I mean. Not the Marvin gaye one. That one was already really good)

McClintock's stuff is great.

steam_sig.png
    august
  • Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular

OH
    MY
    GOD

She deserves all the treats. Love the leap into her handler’s arms there.

Dogs are the fucking best

FearghaillJohnny ChopsockyWeX MajorsfacetiousErlecYoutubeMidniteTynnanDedwrekkaAnialosLord_AsmodeusOlivaw