You tube I tube we all tube for [youtube]

• ProhassProhass Registered User regular
    Krathoon wrote: »

So quotable, I love this bit

Peas
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular

cB557WotanAnubisGundichrishallett83DarkPrimusMetzger MeisterAngelHedgieHeadCreepsMidniteDuke 2.0shoeboxjeddyLord_Asmodeusironsizide
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    Man it's amazing how the british government has made Theresa May look good by comparison. Although only by comparison.

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular

ironsizide
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular

As someone who watches a lot of Siege, and enjoys the cast, yes please to more of this.

These behind the scenes videos are pretty good, too.

- Fixed a bug where the Moon was upside down.
    - Fixed a weird door.
    Youtube
  • KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    halkun wrote: »
    Cross posted from the Battle Angel thread (Sorry, no subs)
    The Japanese junket seems to be going well

Kizuna Ai is there because, well, of course she is.

Subbed version up on her channel:

steam_sig.png
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    A very fun & entertaining chat with Felicia Day

• KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    I thought it was funny that Felicia Day had a baby out of nowhere.

• MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    I thought it was funny that Felicia Day had a baby out of nowhere.

Well presumably it came out of wait no never mind

chrishallett83HeadCreepsBahamutZEROSorcePwnanObrienTonkkaDedwrekkaDoodmannOlivaw
  • PsykomaPsykoma Registered User regular
    It came out of a hole sliced into her tummy

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    it was HILARIOUS when felcia day had a baby that appeared wholly formed from the void

BahamutZERO.gif
    Crippl3cB557Duke 2.0PwnanObrienDedwrekka
  • JedocJedoc Take a look. It's in a book. It was always in a book, you fool.Registered User regular
    It's a *BAMF*!

GDdCWMm.jpg
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps Easy Breezy Registered User regular
    She manifested it through her sheer iron will

WTaCClT.png?1
    Crippl3
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    You mean the stork didn't bring it to her?

the stork is a metaphor! a metaphor for tears in the fabric of space and time

BahamutZERO.gif
  • agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    Don't you people know how gregnantsy works?

qnu0EMk.png
    UrielCrippl3cB557Duke 2.0
  • HeadCreepsHeadCreeps Easy Breezy Registered User regular

In today's Jimquisition, James takes aim at a particularly parasitic CEO in his weekly tirade against capitalism #EATTHERICH

WTaCClT.png?1
    YoutubePsychotic OneTonkka
  • Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    Jedoc wrote: »
    It's a *BAMF*!

tumblr_inline_papl0inD7A1ugaw5b_500.jpg

Lord Palington
  • PeasPeas Registered User regular

5myiokloks5d.png
  • Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular

steam_sig.png
    N1tSt4lkerAthenormilskiLord_AsmodeusShortyGlalThe Judgeironsizide
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular

My brother thinks like this and it drove me insane when we lived together

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
  • UrielUriel Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    Don't you people know how gregnantsy works?

Starch masks

• I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. i did meet some of the most insufferable people but, they also met meRegistered User regular
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    i mean i feel like if battle angel alita can't manage the japanese market it shouldn't have been made

If you're making the film with the Japanese market in mind as the primary market, maybe.

Isn't the whole conceit of Western adaptations to try and make the property have wider appeal?

i don't know why you're implying that "appeal wider than the japanese market" would mean "appeal excluding the japanese market"

UUgbyO3.png
    Stilts
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus premium Registered User regular
    i mean i feel like if battle angel alita can't manage the japanese market it shouldn't have been made

If you're making the film with the Japanese market in mind as the primary market, maybe.

Isn't the whole conceit of Western adaptations to try and make the property have wider appeal?

i don't know why you're implying that "appeal wider than the japanese market" would mean "appeal excluding the japanese market"

I'm not making that implication, I was responding to your implication that because it was originally a Japanese property, it has to resonate with the Japanese market or else it shouldn't even exist.

dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • I needed a gnome to post.I needed a gnome to post. i did meet some of the most insufferable people but, they also met meRegistered User regular
    i mean if an adaptation doesn't resonate with the original fandom, it probably shouldn't exist? it's not much of an "adaptation" then, it's just grabbing the name for some level of brand recognition

UUgbyO3.png
    Stilts
    *stares at ghost in the shell, dragon ball evolution, avatar the last airbender...*

BahamutZERO.gif
    GvzbgulTheStigStiltsmageormikeLord_AsmodeusDedwrekkaOlivawfurlion
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus premium Registered User regular
    i mean if an adaptation doesn't resonate with the original fandom, it probably shouldn't exist? it's not much of an "adaptation" then, it's just grabbing the name for some level of brand recognition

See, now there you're confusing "resonate with the original fandom" with "mass market success."

Not every anime/manga property has the wide-reaching, long-lasting appeal of Dragonball or Lupin III.

Edge of Tomorrow was the #22 highest grossing film in Japan in 2014. Can you tell me from that result how much it resonated with fans of the original light novel? Can you tell me from that whether or not it was a good adaptation of the source material?

dt3GeqU.png
    Gamertag: PrimusD | Rock Band DLC | GW:OttW - arrcd | WLD - Thortar
  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I prefer very loose adaptions to more slavish adaptations. Movies are not TV shows, live action is not animated, movies are not books, etc. and trying to force one to fit into another usually ends poorly unless liberties that will probably annoy a lot of fans are made.

Even remakes like Fistful of Dollars being a remake of Yojimbo or the Magnificent Seven being a remake of Seven Samurai have pretty noticeable changes besides just the setting change.

Couscous on
    GvzbgulCentipede DamascuscB557Duke 2.0

See, now there you're confusing "resonate with the original fandom" with "mass market success."

Not every anime/manga property has the wide-reaching, long-lasting appeal of Dragonball or Lupin III.

Edge of Tomorrow was the #22 highest grossing film in Japan in 2014. Can you tell me from that result how much it resonated with fans of the original light novel? Can you tell me from that whether or not it was a good adaptation of the source material?

i think the james cameron movie battle angel alita should generally do well in the japanese docket if the adaptation is good

UUgbyO3.png
    Stilts
  • Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Red Bull's been doing short documentaries on indie game devs, the newest episode is on ustwo, the creators of Monument Valley

cB557Youtubeironsizide
  • PeenPeen tw1tch0rz occasionallyRegistered User regular
    I love Martial Club.

durandal4532Delzhandph blakePeasJacques L'HommeThe Cow KingpookacB557SnicketysnickOlivawTonkkaKwoaruHefflingDisruptedCapitalistironsizide
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    edited February 2019
    The joke one at the beginning is a legit great piece of choreography.

Edit: Correction, they're all great

Tube on
    Hobnail wrote: »
    This forum has taken everything from me
    This hurts but I deserve it

Peendurandal4532ph blakeMorivethpookaShortyKwoaruDisruptedCapitalist

durandal4532Jacques L'HommeFencingsaxDedwrekkaThatDudeOverThereAnialos
  • AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
    N1tSt4lker wrote: »

Oh no my heart!

Oh my god. Just... holy shit, is the whole Sparkshorts project just going straight for the feels.

That poor dog... :(

Official member of the Grilling Gentry
    "Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
    He/Him
    Johnny Chopsockyironsizide
  • PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular

WrIiiPW.png

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    N1tSt4lkermageormikeSorcecB557Goose!augustLord_AsmodeusJacques L'HommeTonkkaOlivawJoolanderCurly_Braceironsizide
This discussion has been closed.