Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
Successful in disputing a CC charge - what now?
SummaryJudgmentToday we will paint a mountain that owes us nothing.Registered Userregular
So I just had an interesting thing happen - I disputed a charge on my Discover back in September, and I just got notice resolved in my favor.
I had a garage door company come out in September to fix my door which wouldn't open, and they told me I needed springs replaced. I signed a contract while their repairman was here to have them replace the springs, and he immediately commenced work. They replaced the springs and told me oh, surprise, you need a motor. At that point I decided I'd had enough and I paid on my Discover card for what they had already done, the springs, which was the extent of the contract. I emailed them after to say that I wasn't satisfied with their work, and that I wanted them to contact me to talk about options.
I got a couple quotes from local garage door places and they told me I'd been scammed - the replaced springs (which I kept after Company #1 tried hauling them away) did not need replacing, and they quoted me $180-200 for a similar job versus the $560 I'd paid. I submitted the quotes to Discover, called them and explained, and asked if it would be a good candidate for a dispute? I told Discover that I wasn't seeking a full refund, since I did receive the benefit of Company #1's work and the springs, but that the difference in price irked me on top of the door still being broken.
I tried calling back Company #1 and they started ducking my calls. Sure enough, I'm looking at my statement right now and Discover resolved the dispute in my favor since the company never responded to Discover's inquiry. Should I expect to be sued by the company at this point, or how does that function on the company's end w/r/t Discover revoking payment? Basically, I want to be vigilant about them submitting this to collections, or whatever.