As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout] Remember when we said no NPC's or Companions in West Virginia ? Never mind.

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I was attacked by a Scorchbeast that wrecked my Fusion Reactor making my turrets go idle, then repaired all and left.

When I got back later, my turrets were gone.

Also Scorchbeasts fucking suck, their hitbox is way too small (wings dont count) so you waste a bunch of ammo, they deal a ton of damage with aoe attacks that clips through walls and they drop trash loot, they arent worth the effort at all.

Also apparently the ground near Lake Solomon wants me to use Alt+Shift to choose a texture.

2gpL4On.jpg

Sirialis on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Just lost all 4 missile turrets to the ether? Tried to “repair all” and they didnt come back, they arent in storage either.

Good those things arent pricey as fuck...

If your turrets are killed while you are away from your camp they disappear.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Heffling wrote: »
    Just lost all 4 missile turrets to the ether? Tried to “repair all” and they didnt come back, they arent in storage either.

But all 4 of them? They were even on the roof and on opposite sides of my base and everything else is unharmed.

Also usually you can repair them even if they "blow up" I did that with my Fusion Reactor earlier, it was gone but pressed repair on a stump and it came back.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    I have a bunch of ideas for camps I’d like to try out but that “quadruple the shown price to place camp” or more is putting a serious damper on that, put camp down - 40 caps, move it 3 feet - 160 caps, - move 1 feet - 320 caps!? 520 caps for putting it down 3 times in the same small area.

Just make it 20-40 caps always, no idea why there would be a need for the price to ramp up so fast or why the UI is lying about the price, do you want people to use it or not?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Heffling wrote: »

But all 4 of them? They were even on the roof and on opposite sides of my base and everything else is unharmed.

Also usually you can repair them even if they "blow up" I did that with my Fusion Reactor earlier, it was gone but pressed repair on a stump and it came back.

Yes. If you read the patch notes for tomorrow's patch, they describe this bug and state it will be fixed.

• Options
    I have a bunch of ideas for camps I’d like to try out but that “quadruple the shown price to place camp” or more is putting a serious damper on that, put camp down - 40 caps, move it 3 feet - 160 caps, - move 1 feet - 320 caps!? 520 caps for putting it down 3 times in the same small area.

Just make it 20-40 caps always, no idea why there would be a need for the price to ramp up so fast or why the UI is lying about the price, do you want people to use it or not?

I would try logging out and back in between moves. As far as I've been able to see, the move cost seems to be based on the number of items built in your CAMP. It may be influenced by distance or difficulty level as well.

What I suspect is happening is that since you're moving your camp short distances, it is counting the items in both your old and new camps towards the cost.

I've noticed that when building my camp that if I move items to storage, the build limit doesn't change. But if I log out and back in, it updates correctly.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I had zero items built in the example I mentioned. (Or are we counting stored items?)

I’m ditching my Golf Resort camp and trying to make a camp that floats in the water and getting the “center” of the camp as far out as possible is crucial and the UI is kinda not great for this, so there is some trial and error regarding placement and where the camp edges will be, its just bullshit that the cost is much higher than the Pipboy shows and just keeps ramping up for no reason.

Guess I’ll get my turrets back and wait for tomorrows patch.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    I'm giving up on trying to make an easily movable camp. I just enjoy having a pretty base too much to have something simple.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »
    I'm giving up on trying to make an easily movable camp. I just enjoy having a pretty base too much to have something simple.

There's a hacky method. Build a single concrete foundation, put a staircase on it, and build your base hanging from the side of said staircase. It's not a great solution, but it does allow you to have a portable base that can be built to your specs.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular

There's a hacky method. Build a single concrete foundation, put a staircase on it, and build your base hanging from the side of said staircase. It's not a great solution, but it does allow you to have a portable base that can be built to your specs.

I tried that. And the two times I tried moving it afterward it would go green like I could place it, but then not actually let me. No error message, no nothing. I'm not sure what part of my base it doesn't like, but something keeps it from placing. For all I know it's the posters /furniture or some other little thing.

• Options

I tried that. And the two times I tried moving it afterward it would go green like I could place it, but then not actually let me. No error message, no nothing. I'm not sure what part of my base it doesn't like, but something keeps it from placing. For all I know it's the posters /furniture or some other little thing.

The new patch tomorrow supposedly has something that helps if you want to make a more permanent base like I’m trying to right now.

Post patch - If you try to join a server where your camp would normally be removed because someone else built there, you can choose not to and find a different server.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    ... until everyone builds in one super-popular spot.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    ... until everyone builds in one super-popular spot.

you mean next to the whitespring golf club legendary ghoul farm? Where my house wont load due to all the corpses and other houses? i mean its there just invisible....

mojojoeo on
    Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Everyone should have a pet scorchbeast corpse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OyNjC9eZ3I

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular

Lost two water purifiers and 4 large gennies last night

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Its fun till you wake up in middle of the night and you find about twenty radroaches in your shack eating off it.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Its fun till you wake up in middle of the night and you find about twenty radroaches in your shack eating off it.

Pet radroaches! They're rad!

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    I was attacked by a Scorchbeast that wrecked my Fusion Reactor making my turrets go idle, then repaired all and left.

Also Scorchbeasts fucking suck, their hitbox is way too small (wings dont count) so you waste a bunch of ammo, they deal a ton of damage with aoe attacks that clips through walls and they drop trash loot, they arent worth the effort at all.

Also apparently the ground near Lake Solomon wants me to use Alt+Shift to choose a texture.

2gpL4On.jpg
    This is my new favorite screenshot.

They weren't lying, that is "spectacular".

• Options

2gpL4On.jpg

I think Sirialis is just "The One."

• Options
    GuibsGuibs Weekend Warrior Somewhere up North.Registered User regular
    Not sure if you guys are all playing on PC, but I'm on PS4 and since the last patch, I can't play without a few times the game crashing on PS4. Often it just crash and ask you to send a report but I had it lock out completely my PS4 that required a hard restart to fix.

Played last night for 2 hours and got about 4 crashes. I'm close to the airport/hospital south of the map so not sure if it's area specific.

jswidget.php?username=Guibs&numitems=10&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=center&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1
    PSN: Guibs25 | XboxLive: Guibs | Steam: Guibsx | Twitch: Guibsx
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Guibs wrote: »
    Not sure if you guys are all playing on PC, but I'm on PS4 and since the last patch, I can't play without a few times the game crashing on PS4. Often it just crash and ask you to send a report but I had it lock out completely my PS4 that required a hard restart to fix.

Played last night for 2 hours and got about 4 crashes. I'm close to the airport/hospital south of the map so not sure if it's area specific.

That's been my experience, as well. About a crash an hour, usually hard to "desktop", and at least one per evening that requires me to get up and unplug the console.

That's on top of the more frequent loss of server connection.

Phillishere on
  • Options

2gpL4On.jpg

I think Sirialis is just "The One."
    Vault 76 is a virtual experiment and we never left.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OyNjC9eZ3I

needs this as a soundtrack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vo-I314res

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    Some dude invited me to a team, out of curiosity I look him up, he’s level 270...

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Dunno about your platform, but there was an exploit on Xbox where you could stop a particular trap from deactivating after you got the XP for doing so. People would sit there and disable it as quickly as they could push the X button. I think that's where a lot of the really high level players on Live came from.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Some dude invited me to a team, out of curiosity I look him up, he’s level 270...
    Jesus.

Took me like three months or so just to get to lv90 in 4.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular

Jokes on him, because PvP level scaling dosn’t stop at 50, meaning if your fighting someone under 50 you get exponentially worse despite not actually getting any stronger.

In this example anyone under 50 could oneshot him with an unarmed Melee attack.

• Options
    Norgoth wrote: »

Jokes on him, because PvP level scaling dosn’t stop at 50, meaning if your fighting someone under 50 you get exponentially worse despite not actually getting any stronger.

Is this true?

Very interesting.... >.>

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular

Is this true?

Very interesting.... >.>

Make a new character, track him down, and troll the shit out of him.

• Options

Thats insanely stupid though, scaling should stop at 50 since thats where you stop gaining levels.

It will also make the Fissure Site Prime boss unbeatable if you are too high, since that also scales of your level because they apparently took that script straight out of Skyrim.

• Options
    Do we need this in the OP?

jqF5Ulf.jpg

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular

Thats insanely stupid though, scaling should stop at 50 since thats where you stop gaining levels.

It will also make the Fissure Site Prime boss unbeatable if you are too high, since that also scales of your level because they apparently took that script straight out of Skyrim.

People have worked out that nuke boss spawns are based on the level of the person firing the nuke, plus 1% for each player in a certain radius when fighting them. Honestly scaling for mobs seems almost non-existent anyway. I dropped a level 80 scorchbeast as level 58 fairly quickly.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    It takes a lot of kiting and ammo, but I'm killing those level 62 charred ghouls at level 30.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I’m oneshotting those ghouls with All Rise (Super Sledge) most of the time, with no melee perk cards yet.

The melee and gun durability perk cards should be up to rank 3 each, not 5 as it is right now.

I took some sneak perk cards and the one that counts running as sneaking... They dont seem to work right.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    If you purchased the power armor edition, and submit a ticket to bethesda before January 31st, they will send you a canvas bag once they get them made. I think that's good for them to make amends like that, but I'd love to have access to the number of tickets submitted vs the number of people who bought the collector's edition. Anyone who claims to feel anything other than a bit of annoyance over the nylon bag is a liar, IMO. Nobody gives a shit about the bag, and I think the majority of those "outraged" over it are just Reddit lemmings trying to fit in like sad little turds.

The bag switch was a bit of a dick move, and the PR response was just the worst, so it's good they're making amends. The helmet was the thing everyone wanted, and that turned out fine apparently.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    I’m oneshotting those ghouls with All Rise (Super Sledge) most of the time, with no melee perk cards yet.

The melee and gun durability perk cards should be up to rank 3 each, not 5 as it is right now.

I took some sneak perk cards and the one that counts running as sneaking... They dont seem to work right.

I thought the running sneaking meant that moving at normal speed while sneaking doesn't affect it adversely anymore, rather than having to walk(capslock on PC) in order to get maximum stealth.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    Between the two, I’d rather have the bag. I would put the helmet on exactly once and then it’d sit on a shelf or in a closet and collect dust. I might actually get some use out of the bag.

The outrage isn’t about the bag itself but the PR dumpster fire.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Syngyne wrote: »

I thought the running sneaking meant that moving at normal speed while sneaking doesn't affect it adversely anymore, rather than having to walk(capslock on PC) in order to get maximum stealth.

It is. Same as it was in FO4 (and 3/NV iirc).

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    Syngyne wrote: »

Its more that maxed out sneak in F76 seems terrible even with -75% chance to be detected and the walk/run stealth perk, I cant even sneak up on ghouls, to be frank I’m not convinced that those perks does anything, maxed out stealth in F76 feels like base level stealth in F4.

Guess I’ll have to spend 8 levels to get rid of this mess.

Sirialis on