Options

[Fallout] Remember when we said no NPC's or Companions in West Virginia ? Never mind.

178101213112

Posts

  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Yeah, even if you get killed by mobs, your wanted status doesnt go away, has to be a player killing you apparently.

    Last time I just told my friend to kill me.

    Its getting a little annoying though, I’m carrying valuables I cant store or sell (fast enough) which can be stolen if I get killed.

    ... There was also a random lvl 8 that kept shooting me (and because of the weird pvp “level doesnt matter” stuff he actually does damage) so eventually I just shot him and took his stuff to get him to fuck off.

    But now I have even more shit I can barely carry and cant really sell.

    Guess its time to get my friend to help me shuffle a bunch of stuff to my Pack Mule character in hopes of Bethesda unfucking their "Cant really sell your loot" problem eventually.

    Just have a player kill you? There’s nothing you can be carrying that is that valuable.

  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    The pack mule thing has nothing to do with being wanted.

    Its because I dont just throw valuable items to sell away.

    Not being wanted anymore doesnt really help me there, if only vendor caps werent per faction and on an individual basis, like in almost any other game in existence, (and all other Fallouts) that would help immensely.

    Why bother introducing an achievement to get 10.000 caps when your economy system is total nonsense?

    Sirialis on
  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    All right, need some help.

    Got my son 76 for his birthday on PS4, and he has a sub account under my account. The game keeps saying he needs PS+ to play on his profile, but it works fine on mine. Is this some Bethesda thing?

    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    All right, need some help.

    Got my son 76 for his birthday on PS4, and he has a sub account under my account. The game keeps saying he needs PS+ to play on his profile, but it works fine on mine. Is this some Bethesda thing?

    Does he have his own PS4? If so, he needs to make your ps4 his main active one I think to be able to use your PS+, but I'm not 100% sure.

  • Options
    furlionfurlion Riskbreaker Lea MondeRegistered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    All right, need some help.

    Got my son 76 for his birthday on PS4, and he has a sub account under my account. The game keeps saying he needs PS+ to play on his profile, but it works fine on mine. Is this some Bethesda thing?

    No any account that wants to play online will need PS+. Sub accounts do not get to use the main account as far as I know.

    sig.gif Gamertag: KL Retribution
    PSN:Furlion
  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    furlion wrote: »
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    All right, need some help.

    Got my son 76 for his birthday on PS4, and he has a sub account under my account. The game keeps saying he needs PS+ to play on his profile, but it works fine on mine. Is this some Bethesda thing?

    No any account that wants to play online will need PS+. Sub accounts do not get to use the main account as far as I know.

    All accounts on a single PS4 can play online if at least one if them has an active PS Plus subscription, and that PS4 console is set as the PS Plus account's "Primary PS4.

  • Options
    Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    Figured it out. Since I let the sub lapse, I needed to go into settings and set my PS4 as the Primary device after getting PS+ again.

    He's on under his profile now and enjoying the online wastes.

    Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    I just got the “Possess 10.000 caps” achievement.

    I didnt have 10k at once though, had 6400 when it popped.

  • Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I just got the “Possess 10.000 caps” achievement.

    I didnt have 10k at once though, had 6400 when it popped.

    Possession is only 64% of the law

  • Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I have never had over 2000.

    I guess I need cap collector and some knowledge of stash locations.

  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Fucking bullshit UI, had to move my camp and it says it will cost 36 caps and then takes 147...
    I have never had over 2000.

    I guess I need cap collector and some knowledge of stash locations.

    I dont have either.

    Sirialis on
  • Options
    KaimakaKaimaka Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    The game is on sale for $35 for Black Friday on Amazon in case anyone wants it but didn't get it.
    That's... kind of annoying actually. Not even 2 weeks after release, it's nearly half price.


    Remember when Nintendo did the ambassador program for 3DS and gave early adopters some Gameboy Advance games after the price drop? Would be cool if Bethesda gave early FO76ers a bunch of Atoms so when could get some racecar beds, linoleum flooring and photo poses for buying at full price.

    Atoms aren't much and you can get them easily enough just playing the game, but they've said no paid gameplay content coming in the future and the Atomic shop is the only post-purchase monetisation they have for this game.

    2bas2j6qpsiv.gif
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3349-7357-2013
    3DS Friend code: 3093 8504 2352
  • Options
    KaimakaKaimaka Registered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I just got the “Possess 10.000 caps” achievement.

    I didnt have 10k at once though, had 6400 when it popped.

    I got the moneybags trophy at 4300 caps. I guess it's just 'Have 10,000 caps pass through your hands in your lifetime'

    2bas2j6qpsiv.gif
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3349-7357-2013
    3DS Friend code: 3093 8504 2352
  • Options
    RonTheDMRonTheDM Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I have spent so much on fast travel. I guess I also bought like gatling laser and gauss rifle plans. Unfortunately heavy weapons suck and I don't have the agi to get gauss rifle talents.

  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Has nobody found a laser musket in this yet?

    Haven't seen any sign of it in my searches and I'm starting to go through windup laser withdrawal. I need my fix.

    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    There is even 2 achievements that flat out doesnt work.

    So much for testing the basics.

  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I'm getting crashes all over. Switched out my 1060 for a 580 to see if that helped, but nope!

    They better fix this shit.

  • Options
    DeadfallDeadfall I don't think you realize just how rich he is. In fact, I should put on a monocle.Registered User regular
    I would love this game if it didn't crash and disconnect every ten minutes

    7ivi73p71dgy.png
    xbl - HowYouGetAnts
    steam - WeAreAllGeth
  • Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Moved it over to SSD and lowered the graphics down to medium and it seems to have helped (for now). It still was locking up (once to point of death since I was in a fight yay), but it recovered, but seems to crash background stuff and it was seemed to be getting worse like a memory leak so bailed (and then had to reboot to get Chrome back).

    They have a lot of QA to do, even for them gah.

  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Without fail, I get disconnected within 2 minutes of logging in for the first time each session. But then I can play for hours without another disconnect. It's weirdly predictable. And just weird.

    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Having spent about 6 hours with the game today, I'm surprised I keep seeing the question "Why was this made this way?" on sites like Giant Bomb and on discussion forums etc.

    To me it's fairly obvious.

    They wanted to see if they could make all of the money with half of the budget, time, staff and effort.

    Hardly any VO, no complicated narrative or writing, barely any enemies to design, existing engine and assets, minor engine upgrades, barely thought-through multiplayer, push it out there. Right from the phoned-in 'introduction sequence', everything about this game feels lazy and / or half-assed. It's basically a proof-of-concept, no more, and it reeks of cost-cutting.

    Even the writing itself is pretty poor - and decent writing is the bare minimum I expect from a Bethesda joint.

    It's a lazy cash-grab, and it looks like they are (rightfully) being punished at the stores for it, if the major discounts in week 2 are anything to go by.

    Spaffy on
    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Got the patterns for
    X-01 power armour

    Just got to grind up some screws.

  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Kaimaka wrote: »
    Remember when Nintendo did the ambassador program for 3DS and gave early adopters some Gameboy Advance games after the price drop? Would be cool if Bethesda gave early FO76ers a bunch of Atoms so when could get some racecar beds, linoleum flooring and photo poses for buying at full price.

    You could never actually buy these games though on 3DS.

    The proper analogue would be Bethesda picking up skins and content from previous Fallout games and gifting them as exclusives.

    rahkeesh2000 on
  • Options
    GlaziusGlazius Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    Having spent about 6 hours with the game today, I'm surprised I keep seeing the question "Why was this made this way?" on sites like Giant Bomb and on discussion forums etc.

    To me it's fairly obvious.

    They wanted to see if they could make all of the money with half of the budget, time, staff and effort.

    Hardly any VO, no complicated narrative or writing, barely any enemies to design, existing engine and assets, minor engine upgrades, barely thought-through multiplayer, push it out there. Right from the phoned-in 'introduction sequence', everything about this game feels lazy and / or half-assed. It's basically a proof-of-concept, no more, and it reeks of cost-cutting.

    Even the writing itself is pretty poor - and decent writing is the bare minimum I expect from a Bethesda joint.

    It's a lazy cash-grab, and it looks like they are (rightfully) being punished at the stores for it, if the major discounts in week 2 are anything to go by.

    And, of course, they designed the world by saying "West Virginia" into an automatic future extractor and terrain builder wired up to petri-dish samples of Chris Avellone and Todd Howard.

  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Marsupial (Extra jump height + 20 carry weight - 4 intelligence) Mutation is nice, you jump like 3 times as high compared to normal, I'm just jumping onto buildings now.

    Good that I recently got Starched Genes rank 2.

    Sirialis on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I think I'm done with 76. I've realized it's just kind of Fallout 4, but worse in every way. That said, I put 40ish hours into it and don't regret buying it. I've just had enough of it.

  • Options
    EvermournEvermourn Registered User regular
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Like the game but got a nice chuckle out of this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyT00Dffqcw

    That is amazing. Is this an official video from Bethesda with some overlays? Or is this fan made? I want to see a TV series with these characters.

  • Options
    GhlinnGhlinn Registered User regular
    Evermourn wrote: »
    Dr. Chaos wrote: »
    Like the game but got a nice chuckle out of this:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyT00Dffqcw

    That is amazing. Is this an official video from Bethesda with some overlays? Or is this fan made? I want to see a TV series with these characters.

    That's the live action trailer Beth released with someone overlaying the review quotes on top of it.

    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Fallout 76 bugged out on me tonight and has become unplayable due to the bug (Xbox One). The bug itself is that when I went to exit my power armor at my camp, the game exited my power armor but kept the power armor UI. I looked at my inventory and was severely overweight because all of the T-51 pieces were in my inventory instead of in the suit. So I put them back on it. It also would not let me interact with any of my benches, which I needed to repair my broken sniper rifle. After that I tried reentering and exiting, but it will no longer let me exit the power armor.

    So, I tried quitting to main screen, no luck. Then I hard closed the game and reloaded. Now on top of the power armor buy, my camp disappeared. So I shut down my Xbox One and tried to load again, but I'm still bugged.

    I've searched online and the apparent work-around is that you make sure you have no fusion cores on you then run your current one to zero, then let yourself die. When you respawn, the issue is sorta resolved in that your chassis will have disappeared along with any armor equipped and you can do most stuff normally. I say most stuff, because apparently what happens is the game unequips your chassis (and associated armor) and puts it in your inventory, but it goes invisible/uninteractable. The bug isn't actually fixed, so the next time you equip a new set of power armor, the issue will return.

    This game is a buggy, half assed mess and it's a real shame to see it treated this way. But I'm done playing until these bugs are fixed.

  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    There is also supposedly some bug near Harpers Ferry that can fuck your game up, I havent gone back because of this, despite wanting to talk to the vendor there.

    I really want to find Grahm again, saw him once during the Beta but havent seen him since then and he should have some rare plans.

    Sirialis on
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Launched my first nuke today. Man clearing those silos is a real grind, those robots never stop coming. Don’t do what I did and do it solo. It’s doable but takes its time. It’s clearly a “dungeon” meant for multiple players.

    Avoided nuking a rift as my team mate was only level 30 odd. They’re doing a no PA build and I thought the radiation would be too much, but they were actually fine using a combo of rad-x radaway and the perk where rads heal you.

  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    What a coincidence... I got hit right in the face by my first nuke. (Pro tip, you wont survive)

    Got the achievement for being at Ground Zero

    Too bad that my CAMP also got hit, it will need some repairs.

    The stuff I picked up from Mutated Ghouls didnt seem that valuable though, I did get an Executioner’s Fat Man though.

    Sirialis on
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    What a coincidence... I got hit right in the face by my first nuke. (Pro tip, you wont survive)

    Got the achievement for being at Ground Zero

    Too bad that my CAMP also got hit, it will need some repairs.

    The stuff I picked up from Mutated Ghouls didnt seem that valuable though, I did get an Executioner’s Fat Man though.

    The valuable part seems to be the flux you get from mutated plants. I was able to craft a few of those orbital strike grenades from them, and it looks like you can use drops from the mobs to turn it into stabalised forms I think are for end game mods. I know you can make improved ammos with them.

  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I didnt see a single Flux item despite looking for them within the blast zone.

    The nuke was put on top of the golf resort instead of a fissure site though, if that matters.

    The mutated ghouls gave nuclear junk and 350xp each.

    Sirialis on
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Sirialis wrote: »
    I didnt see a single Flux item despite looking for them within the blast zone.

    The nuke was put on top of the golf resort instead of a fissure site though, if that matter.

    It’s the plants your after, mutafruit and corn and what not get replaced by new plant types.

  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I picked up all the plants I could find in the golf resort, none seemed to give flux stuff.

    I guess I’ll keep the Flux papers on my character for next time, so I know exactly what I’m looking for.

    I didnt really plan ahead for this one, just suddenly got a message that a nuke was launched and 5 minutes until impact.

    I really want a plan for Handmade (the AK rifle) has anyone seen a vendor with it?

    Sirialis on
  • Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Heffling wrote: »
    Fallout 76 bugged out on me tonight and has become unplayable due to the bug (Xbox One). The bug itself is that when I went to exit my power armor at my camp, the game exited my power armor but kept the power armor UI. I looked at my inventory and was severely overweight because all of the T-51 pieces were in my inventory instead of in the suit. So I put them back on it. It also would not let me interact with any of my benches, which I needed to repair my broken sniper rifle. After that I tried reentering and exiting, but it will no longer let me exit the power armor.

    So, I tried quitting to main screen, no luck. Then I hard closed the game and reloaded. Now on top of the power armor buy, my camp disappeared. So I shut down my Xbox One and tried to load again, but I'm still bugged.

    I've searched online and the apparent work-around is that you make sure you have no fusion cores on you then run your current one to zero, then let yourself die. When you respawn, the issue is sorta resolved in that your chassis will have disappeared along with any armor equipped and you can do most stuff normally. I say most stuff, because apparently what happens is the game unequips your chassis (and associated armor) and puts it in your inventory, but it goes invisible/uninteractable. The bug isn't actually fixed, so the next time you equip a new set of power armor, the issue will return.

    This game is a buggy, half assed mess and it's a real shame to see it treated this way. But I'm done playing until these bugs are fixed.

    Bethesda's official solution is to remove the power armor pieces you have equipped and relog, which does cancel the power armor state. But you bug out again as soon as you try to use a new power armor.

    And I looked into my CAMP and it's entirely gone. So I lost all of the resources, the time spent building it, etc. And I can't easily rebuild it because of the scarcity of materials like fertilizer or the screws used in all of the crafting benches.

    Oh and their response to my ticket included this wonderful line:
    At this time, Customer Support is not able to action or alter characters in Fallout 76 due to a tools limitation.

    Fucking really, Bethesda?

  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    Wow. You really get the feeling that Bethesda had a timer going that said, "Launch game on November 15 whether it's ready to play or ready to be supported or not."

  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    That's the thing. With the engine they use, it was literally never going to be ready to release. This was always going to happen.

    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    Feels like they skipped the debug part completely.

Sign In or Register to comment.