As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout] Remember when we said no NPC's or Companions in West Virginia ? Never mind.

• Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    ...What the fuck is a samophlange snallygaster?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    YerMumYerMum Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »

Something that needs lots of bullets to the "face"?

Rugged individualist
    Destiny Profile : http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/7028016
  • Options
    Zavian wrote: »
    So I'm level 11, and radiation is becoming a huge problem. I usually have 50-75% radiation which means my health is always super low. I haven't found any radaway recipies and online I just saw there's a high level quest 20+ before you get it. There's supposedly decontamination areas but I've yet to find one. Anyone have some tips for dealing with radiation? Radaway is super expensive at robot trader, like 64 caps each.

Find some ghouls and kill them, they drop rad meds pretty regularly.

Rugged individualist
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    So I'm level 11, and radiation is becoming a huge problem. I usually have 50-75% radiation which means my health is always super low. I haven't found any radaway recipies and online I just saw there's a high level quest 20+ before you get it. There's supposedly decontamination areas but I've yet to find one. Anyone have some tips for dealing with radiation? Radaway is super expensive at robot trader, like 64 caps each.

Are you getting rads mostly from food/drink? If so, the Lead Belly perk under endurance can make you immune.

Otherwise, well... use Rad-x liberally or just keep your distance from radiated areas. Your internal geiger counter should be warning you when you get close.

edit: yeah, also what YerMum said. Ghouls are a great source of radaway.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    YerMum wrote: »
    Then there's also level inappropriate mobs spawning because someone near you is 20 levels above you, leading to yakkity sax-ing away from whatever quest location you're trying to get to, and waiting for everything to despawn.

Everyone bitched and bitched about level scaling in previous Bethesda games, and now there's a not-insignificant chance you can run into things much higher (or lower) level than yourself, and people are bitching about that. This isn't meant to be aimed specifically at you - it's a general trend I've noticed. It's just funny to me.

Personally I love it. I was doing quests yesterday up around the Grafton area at level 20 or so, when suddenly I stumbled through an area full of 30-something super mutants engaged in battle with a 35-or-so alpha deathclaw, while another 30-something snallygaster wandered not far away. I thought it was glorious. Especially as I plinked away at the deathclaw while the mutants fought it to a sliver of health and I did the rest. Yay for teamwork. Sorry you all died, super mutants!

I don't mind overlevelled enemies I find when I'm exploring, I expect that certain areas are going to be tougher than others. It's when I load into the game, spawn at my camp, and because some level 80 is wandering round farming I get murdered and irradiated by ghouls 20 levels higher than me. Especially since when I explored the area solo they were at my level and reasonably easy to deal with.

Rugged individualist
  • Options

A nightmare of legs and teeth that spits toxic goo.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Sirialis wrote: »
    They could also have been expecting a bugtested game, it certainly feels like Bethesda's team looked at the usual development schedule and just cut out "Debug" from the plan for some reason.

I'm still enjoying it but the idea that a AAA Developer would launch a 60$ game in this state in the year 2018 and not expect it to bite them in the ass is still baffling to me.

Even the Co-op, their most touted feature of F76 is such a halfbaked product, I have to shoot every mob my friend is shooting to get exp for them even if they are standing right next to me? I remember co-op games in the nineties that had shared kill exp, so what the hell is this? Amateur hour?

Not just co-op, but the whole shared world thing is just painfully done. One quest which involves killing a specific scorched in a specific place is a total crap shoot as to whether someone on your server has already killed it or not.

That shit took me 2 days.
    All gear is capped at 50 (or earlier depending on the item). You can't make higher than lvl 50 of any Power Armor type.

Good to know, then I’ll save the mods until I have a level 50 version built.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

A nightmare of legs and teeth that spits toxic goo.

Good lord... I googled it just now. That's some Silent Hill shit right there.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

The place bullets go to die.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »

The new monsters designs in this are pretty great.

• Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular

hit the hospital south of the vault (follow train tracks). loot rad chems and do do quests for recipes there. And take perks that help you find meds- you dont need the upgraded version- 1 star should net you plenty.

Rads are the only survival problem in this game. food water and ammo rains on you. Managing rads is serious business.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular

Keep on exploring and opening medicine chests, there is lots of Radaway lying around.

• Options
    MvrckMvrck Dwarven MountainhomeRegistered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »

hit the hospital south of the vault (follow train tracks). loot rad chems and do do quests for recipes there. And take perks that help you find meds- you dont need the upgraded version- 1 star should net you plenty.

Rads are the only survival problem in this game. food water and ammo rains on you. Managing rads is serious business.

See, I have the opposite experience. I've got so much Rad X and Rad Away that I just don't pick them up right now. But I also spend 95% of my time in Power Armor.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
    They could also have been expecting a bugtested game, it certainly feels like Bethesda's team looked at the usual development schedule and just cut out "Debug" from the plan for some reason.

I'm still enjoying it but the idea that a AAA Developer would launch a 60$ game in this state in the year 2018 and not expect it to bite them in the ass is still baffling to me.

Even the Co-op, their most touted feature of F76 is such a halfbaked product, I have to shoot every mob my friend is shooting to get exp for them even if they are standing right next to me? I remember co-op games in the nineties that had shared kill exp, so what the hell is this? Amateur hour?

Not just co-op, but the whole shared world thing is just painfully done. One quest which involves killing a specific scorched in a specific place is a total crap shoot as to whether someone on your server has already killed it or not. Then there's also level inappropriate mobs spawning because someone near you is 20 levels above you, leading to yakkity sax-ing away from whatever quest location you're trying to get to, and waiting for everything to despawn.

This happens at Whitesprings and Top of the World all the time. I realize that it's more or less cheating, but if I see a level 62 Diseased Ghoul standing around, I log off and change servers.

I did watch a 25 Deathclaw obliterate four 30 Super Mutants, which was pretty scary

• Options
    Fairchild wrote: »

Not just co-op, but the whole shared world thing is just painfully done. One quest which involves killing a specific scorched in a specific place is a total crap shoot as to whether someone on your server has already killed it or not. Then there's also level inappropriate mobs spawning because someone near you is 20 levels above you, leading to yakkity sax-ing away from whatever quest location you're trying to get to, and waiting for everything to despawn.

This happens at Whitesprings and Top of the World all the time. I realize that it's more or less cheating, but if I see a level 62 Diseased Ghoul standing around, I log off and change servers.

I did watch a 25 Deathclaw obliterate four 30 Super Mutants, which was pretty scary

Just wait til you find hermit crabs.

• Options
    Alex WilderAlex Wilder Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Norgoth wrote: »

Yeah I really love all the new monsters (except for the scorched who are just ghouls with guns). I just wished they spawned more often. (I won't want to mention the other monsters so I don't spoil any exploring fun). It would be super fun if you had to defend a workshop from waves of snallygasters. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but often when you enter a new region it will say something about "verdant" season. It would also be really cool that if I had my base set up in a verdant region it would be attack by the local wildlife.

Alex Wilder on
    Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Some dickweasel seemingly used a Missile Launcher on my camp while I was gone.

One guy is wanted and running from the area...

I zone into the closest fast travel point I have, oh shit he is on top of a mountain, what to do...

Scale that mountain with Marsupial jumps and snipe that dude right in the eye and take his shit.

Another valuable lesson of “Leave my shit alone” was taught.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »

Yeah I really love all the new monsters (except for the scorched who are just ghouls with guns). I just wished they spawned more often. (I won't want to mention the other monsters so I don't spoil any exploring fun). It would be super fun if you had to defend a workshop from waves of snallygasters. I don't know if anyone else has noticed this but often when you enter a new region it will say something about "verdant" season. It would also be really cool that if I had my base set up in a verdant region it would be attack by the local wildlife.

Snallygasters do spawn as one of the waves in the supermutant hordes events.

• Options
    I wish it was easier to find Grahm, I saw him once during the beta, never seem him since.

I’m sure he is selling some nice stuff and I can afford it now.

• Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I wish it was easier to find Grahm, I saw him once during the beta, never seem him since.

I’m sure he is selling some nice stuff and I can afford it now.
    Nice to hear he's finally doing something with all those extra guns:

PmiDVLu.gif

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Welp. I hit a bug that really screwed me over. Got the bug where you suddenly can't leave your power armor. You can equip the armor pieces, but you don't get the 10 STR or the falling damage immunity. Which means you are now over encumbered. You also still have the power armor UI. I found that quite a few folks have had this.

You have to unequip all the items and log out and back in. Then you will be out of the armor. You can also do a convoluted solution where you run out the fusion core, die and respawn. This will get you out of the armor. However, the real shitter is that now every power armor frame I enter bugs out. Some folks don't have the permanent bug like I do, some do. I've been trying to just continue playing sans power armor. But the 50+ game is very very hard without it. Especially since I've found 0 plans for armor other than leather / 2 pieces of metal.

I'm really hoping the bug gets fixed soon. I went ahead and made a new character. But damn does this bug suck.

• Options
    cptruggedcptrugged I think it has something to do with free will. Registered User regular
    Mvrck wrote: »

See, I have the opposite experience. I've got so much Rad X and Rad Away that I just don't pick them up right now. But I also spend 95% of my time in Power Armor.

Yep, I sell Rad X / Rad Away / Stimpacks constantly.

My problem kept being ammo. I ended up where I kept getting spawns for monsters that didn't drop ammo everywhere I went. In the end I just took the munition factory and life was better.

• Options
    What does it mean when a zone is "verdant"? I've seen that pop up a couple times.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    cptrugged wrote: »

Yep, I sell Rad X / Rad Away / Stimpacks constantly.

My problem kept being ammo. I ended up where I kept getting spawns for monsters that didn't drop ammo everywhere I went. In the end I just took the munition factory and life was better.

I went survival game 101 with it- Pointy sticks and melee weapons require zero ammo until i was swimming in bullets. But good to know a munitions factory exists!

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    They could also have been expecting a bugtested game

From Bethesda?
    *laughtrack*
    it certainly feels like Bethesda's team looked at the usual development schedule and just cut out "Debug" from the plan for some reason.

That presumes it's part of their usual development schedule.

Well, until now they've been able to rely on modders to debug and fix their games for them.

• Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Bethesda has "eh, good enough" as a development goal down to an art.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Disconnected a few seconds after picking up 4 legendaries and an experimental MIRV...

Fix your shit.

Edit: At least I kept the stuff.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    I love the workshop system. But getting DC'd or crashed out really puts a damper on enjoying them.

• Options
    Disconnected a few seconds after picking up 4 legendaries and an experimental MIRV...

Fix your shit.

The Experimental MIRV is just the MIRV launcher mod for the Fatman. Scrap a few Fatmen and you'll get it pretty quick. The Daisycutter is the real winner, -90% weight.

• Options

Fix your shit.

The Experimental MIRV is just the MIRV launcher mod for the Fatman. Scrap a few Fatmen and you'll get it pretty quick. The Daisycutter is the real winner, -90% weight.

Ooooohhhh!

/drool

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Alex WilderAlex Wilder Registered User regular
    What does it mean when a zone is "verdant"? I've seen that pop up a couple times.

I believe more plants are in bloom and harvestable. I never notice a difference but I don't harvest any plants to me it looks like one of those things they were going to do something cool with and just didn't get around to it.

Time is a flat circle
  • Options
    Guess I’ll have to find that Daisycutter for endgame then.

Anyone found the metal walls for your camp?

• Options
    HefflingHeffling No Pic EverRegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    Bethesda has "eh, good enough" as a development goal down to an art.

This time Bethesda fell very short of the "good enough" goal. Fallout 76 has become unplayable for me due to various bugs breaking major parts of the game (power armor, CAMP). I am willing to put up with a certain level of bugginess if the game is fun enough, but if your bugs break what makes the game fun, you have a major issue.

• Options
    Are there any X01 paint jobs ingame?

• Options
    KrathoonKrathoon Registered User regular
    Mothman seems like the very first thing to do in the game.

• Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    w
    Guess I’ll have to find that Daisycutter for endgame then.

Anyone found the metal walls for your camp?

If you mean the Warehouse set with corrugated metal, yes. I don’t remember what they came from, though.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    “Camp will cost 5 caps to put down”

Costs 40 to put down...

“Camp will cost 40 caps to put down”

Costs 160 caps...

What the fuck is with this quadruple price bullshit?

Edit: This time it said 5 caps and took 160? Jesus christ, fuck this camp bullshit.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    Shot a MIRV at a cluster of 7 level 1 scorched

didn't kill any of them

sigh and walk up and stab them each once with a combat knife to kill them

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular
    I haven't run into too many bugs, myself, and most have been pretty minor. Along with some goofy stuff where an inactive mob will occasionally be T-posing until alerted. The usual Bethesda shit, really.

The insanely negative overreaction to the game when it is at worst mediocre with a highly specific niche of appeal is something that's getting more and more common these days. The YouTube echochamber and how negativity gets more clicks is a factor, I guess.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    I haven't run into too many bugs, myself, and most have been pretty minor. Along with some goofy stuff where an inactive mob will occasionally be T-posing until alerted. The usual Bethesda shit, really.

The insanely negative overreaction to the game when it is at worst mediocre with a highly specific niche of appeal is something that's getting more and more common these days. The YouTube echochamber and how negativity gets more clicks is a factor, I guess.

The scorched assume awkward and rigid poses until alerted, its intentional.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg