As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Fallout] Remember when we said no NPC's or Companions in West Virginia ? Never mind.

• StrikorStrikor Calibrations? Calibrations! Registered User regular
    Mostly concrete which is easy enough to get but I had 8 heavy laser turrets, a fusion generator, decontamination shower, and 8 small purifiers. So it's not really the walls that are the problem.

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    Supposedly private servers are coming "sooner than you think" so I guess this won't be or will be less of a problem.

• WhiteZinfandelWhiteZinfandel Your insides Let me show you themRegistered User regular
    Was there something you could have done if you hadn't been AFK?

• ironzergironzerg Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Base tip: Don't leave stuff out that's too expensive for you to replace.

ironzerg on
    I could have left the server, that's it.

I still haven't rebuilt and there were a pair of low levels hanging around it for a bit so I'd like to think they found it cool and interesting to find a bombed out base on a cliff edge.

• Anon the FelonAnon the Felon In bat country.Registered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    Supposedly private servers are coming "sooner than you think" so I guess this won't be or will be less of a problem.

This would get me to buy in. I've been cruising in FO4 for a little while, and I must admit a heightened interest in seeing what 76 actually is. Hopefully it's soon soon.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    Immediately mod 3 more 0s to the Stash capacity.

• LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    "It would be cool to play Fallout with my friends" somehow turned into "Persistent world MMO" and those are not even remotely the same thing.

I literally just want Fallout 4 where I can join my friends' game or they can join mine. Hopefully private servers will provide that.

Lucascraft on
  • Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    "It would be cool to play Fallout with my friends" somehow turned into "Persistent world MMO" and those are not even remotely the same thing.

I literally just want Fallout 4 where I can join my friends' game or they can join mine. Hopefully private servers will provide that.

Yeah, this is what I originally thought the game was going to be. Something like Ark or Conan where you can set up a server and just log in and sandbox with friends or by yourself if you want.

I got it a while back on sale, and I do like it for the most part, but the extent of my interaction with other people is basically “Well instead of me and Danse teaming up to kill a Deathclaw its me and Ed_Rando567 teaming up to kill a scorchbeast”.

Occasionally instead of seeing a neat building in the wilderness designed by a dev I will see one designed by a player. Sometimes someone theows out a nuke and I have to move over a bit.

Which eh...

• Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    I'm kind of skeptical on how useful private servers are going to be. Unless they've released more info about them, all I've heard is that they'll be hosted by Bethesda and there was a vague mention of mods. Unless they lock characters to that server, I don't see things like drop rates or damage/health being modifiable, and if they have technical reasons for the stash limit I don't see that being modifiable either. My guess is you'll have to rent them, and can select from a list of curated mods to use (once that gets added). I don't know if they'll have much use beyond ensuring that only you and friends can play together. Hopefully I'm wrong.

• XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    Yeah, they're going to be useless almost certainty overall. There are technical reasons for the stash limit you won't be able to change that unless you're running it locally and no way that'll be the case barring a miracle and what a waste of a miracle.

• manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    There's always going to be a special place for the Black Isle/Obsidian Fallouts for me.
    tumblr_pmt9q4MNr31t3rf4uo1_1280.png

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Will be glad when Wastelanders hurries up and gets here so I can have my Laser Musket back.

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
    The daily objectives have been alarmingly shit lately. I hope they aren't gradually changing them over to more difficult ones to encourage people to buy atoms but there have sure been a lot along the lines of "take a picture of a naked player in a nuke zone".

Prediction for tomorrow: take a camera picture of a level 76 player riding a scorchbeast in a nuke zone while naked at night and raining in combat.

• Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited August 2019
    Those are the fucking worst.

Daily challenges are something you should be able to quickly get done, not have to wrangle someone into putting on a stupid outfit and doing something insanely specific.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    I still don’t have a camera :(

5gsowHm.png
    Server hop at the water park until the tourist spawns next to the car in the parking lot. That's the most reliable way I've found to get it. It can take like 20 tries though. It's silly how rare the event is considering they tied daily/weekly AND Tadpole badges to it.

• SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    oh my god

i keep searching the entire park, i didn’t realize they’re just in one spot outside

5gsowHm.png
  • Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Thanks for that. I've never found one, either.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    Well Vault 94 is released and...eh. It throws a shit ton of enemies at you (including ghouls that will hit you underwater while you can't fight back) but the XP is terrible. I was getting 14xp for a Mirelurk that could tear through my X-01 in a few hits which leads to just cheesing it which isn't enjoyable. I'm really hoping the end rewards are worth all the ammo burning but I died to said Mirelurk and didn't have the urge to start over.

• Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    So it seems that the power armor helmets being sold at Gamestop (NOT the ones included with the FO '76 Collector's Edition, apparently) are being recalled, because they could pose a mold hazard.

• Capt HowdyCapt Howdy Registered User regular
    The fuck is Bethesda doing making Fallout Legacy EU/UK only? Here's to me hoping it will come out on Switch.

Steam: kaylesolo1
    3DS: 1521-4165-5907
    PS3: KayleSolo
    Live: Kayle Solo
    WiiU: KayleSolo
  • Jealous DevaJealous Deva Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Licensing issues probably. Does bethesda actually own Fallout and Fallout 2 in the US or just the IP rights?

Even if they do it could be something as simple as one of the music composers or voice actors not wanting to play ball. Copyright law is slighty different and they are probably in a situation that will fly in the EU but not US.

Jealous Deva on
  • Ivan HungerIvan Hunger Registered User regular
    Been watching a playthrough of New Vegas lately. Whenever someone talks about how Caesar convinced the tribals who kidnapped him to become his legion, the only thing I can think of is...

• ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    Bethesda, noooo
    zoHPjYj.jpg
    Fallout 1st is a premium membership that enhances the Fallout 76 experience. Members receive access to Private Worlds, exclusive utility and cosmetic items, 1650 Atoms per month, plus other bonuses. Become a member and reclaim the wasteland today! Members receive:
    • Private Worlds: Play in a Private World exclusively for you and up to seven friends.
    • Scrapbox: Unlimited storage for crafting components in your own new Scrapbox container.
    • Survival Tent: A new placeable fast travel point with a Stash, Sleeping Bag, and more for your basic needs.
    • Atoms: Receive 1,650 Atoms per month to use in the Atomic Shop.
    • Ranger Armor Outfit: An iconic Fallout outfit, exclusively for members.
    • Icons & Emotes Pack: Unique icons and emotes, usable only by members.

So you can sub to it like any other MMO and get benefits (unlimited crafting storage, woo!), while also being able to play on your own server?

Hell yes, I'm in.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    So you can sub to it like any other MMO and get benefits (unlimited crafting storage, woo!), while also being able to play on your own server?

Hell yes, I'm in.

At $12.99 a month, or $99 a year, I'm not in.

$5 a month? maybe, if only so I could afford a refrigerator and have space for all my junk

Same price as any other MMO.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    Same price as any other MMO.

Yeah but in this case the subscription is to be able to play alone

• I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    i would also argue that most MMOs have demonstrated a standard for the rate of their content release that fallout 76 has not yet met

liEt3nH.png
    Also noted this tidbit, these paid private servers arent persistent and don't support mods:
    If no Fallout 1st members remain, all players in that Private World will receive a notification that the world will soon shut down.
    Private Worlds do not currently support mods and behave just like Adventure Mode as you know it today.

Zavian wrote: »
    Also noted this tidbit, these paid private servers arent persistent and don't support mods:

Yet. They've already said that's coming.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    i would also argue that most MMOs have demonstrated a standard for the rate of their content release that fallout 76 has not yet met

I would disagree. In just the year it's been out, FO76 has added a lot of new stuff (and done a number of events), certainly on par with other MMOs I've played.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~

On the one hand, if this helps fund and supports Fallout 76 with new content Im in favor. But I also think if theyre going this route they need to release what theyve already been promising for the past year. And maybe make the game free to play if they're going the MMO route while giving players that already paid for the base game something. I just wish there was more bang for the buck with this new subscription model

• DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    The only way I'd really see this as appealing would be persistent private servers. What's the point of a building game that doesn't have that?

What is this I don't even.

On the one hand, if this helps fund and supports Fallout 76 with new content Im in favor. But I also think if theyre going this route they need to release what theyve already been promising for the past year. And maybe make the game free to play if they're going the MMO route while giving players that already paid for the base game something. I just wish there was more bang for the buck with this new subscription model

It's possible I'm just easy to bribe, too. The biggest reason I maintain my sub to ESO, for instance, is for the benefit of having infinite crafting storage, so the same carrot here certainly works for me... :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~

It's possible I'm just easy to bribe, too. The biggest reason I maintain my sub to ESO, for instance, is for the benefit of having infinite crafting storage, so the same carrot here certainly works for me... :lol:

I would be fine with having increased storage space available to buy with Atomic Points because at least you can earn those in-game. Bethesda has said they're going to add more utility items to the shop, so maybe they will. I've been at max capacity for awhile and hate having to figure out what stuff to get rid of (probably all my fertilizer)

• NosfNosf Registered User regular
    They're adding private, player run servers right? I'm not interested in paying more for this game since i sort of regret buying it (on sale no less) as is.

• SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited October 2019
    Cant they just... Make it a single player game then? Unlimited storage space and no overpriced servers needed then.

99$ jesus christ.

Sirialis on
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    Nosf wrote: »
    They're adding private, player run servers right? I'm not interested in paying more for this game since i sort of regret buying it (on sale no less) as is.

They're not player run, but they are private for up to 8 people. I don't see any mention of being able to tweak settings per server, which is what I figured anyway (even though that's the whole appeal of a private server, IMO), but $13 a month is a bit steep just to play by yourself.