As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fallout] Remember when we said no NPC's or Companions in West Virginia ? Never mind.

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    I set up a camp near Watoga to give people a set of benches and a stash box to utilize. Threw some purifiers and left them unlocked as a giveaway. Some guy goes to my camp and hammers my purifiers and generators apart so I chase him down and beat him to death. He had a mountain of junk ... adhesives and springs and screws so I just stuffed them in my stash and when he came back to try to revenge I had my sniper build buddy deal with him. Then I left the server when he tried to mass up a four man. Sorry random guy your junk is mine.

• Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Where do you find the Dogwood for the Water Purifiers ?

I found mine up in the area around the waterpark.

Edit: just be careful. If you have it in your inventory and you click to "salvage all junk" at a workbench, it scraps it to wood. I was quite annoyed.

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular

Edit: just be careful. If you have it in your inventory and you click to "salvage all junk" at a workbench, it scraps it to wood. I was quite annoyed.

Oy. Thanks for the tip. I loathe that Waterpark zone...

• Options
    SirialisSirialis of the Halite Throne. Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I set up a camp near Watoga to give people a set of benches and a stash box to utilize. Threw some purifiers and left them unlocked as a giveaway. Some guy goes to my camp and hammers my purifiers and generators apart so I chase him down and beat him to death. He had a mountain of junk ... adhesives and springs and screws so I just stuffed them in my stash and when he came back to try to revenge I had my sniper build buddy deal with him. Then I left the server when he tried to mass up a four man. Sorry random guy your junk is mine.

There was some wanted dude attacking the Sentry Bots at Whitespring the other day, it got really noisy so I sniped him and took his junk... Yeah, he had 30’ish bulk items, maybe dont run around wanted with a ton of junk that anyone can grab after you die?

Sirialis on
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular
    Dac wrote: »
    Hopefully when UI mods enable (if they do) someone will make some real basic improvements.

Like being able to sort by weight.

You can do this already.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Syngyne wrote: »
    Hopefully when UI mods enable (if they do) someone will make some real basic improvements.

You can do this already.

Yeah there are a few sorting options including weight.

• Options

Oy. Thanks for the tip. I loathe that Waterpark zone...

There's quite a bit of it around the Woods Estate just south of the waterpark.

• Options
    DacDac Registered User regular

You can do this already.

Huh, all I've seen is alphabetical and reverse alphabetical.

Steam: catseye543
    PSN: ShogunGunshow
    Origin: ShogunGunshow
  • Options
    SyngyneSyngyne Registered User regular

You can do this already.

Huh, all I've seen is alphabetical and reverse alphabetical.

It may depend on what screen you’re on, but for stuff like junk you can do by weight and value in addition to alphabetical.

5gsowHm.png
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Well, Chameleon Armor plus a Silenced Pistol sure does change the game...

Fairchild on
  • Options
    I’ve changed servers and gone back there a bunch of times...

Evan is always dead.

• Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I made a habit of checking on Evan every time I logged in and I eventually got it. Add it to the list of problems Bethesda should've foreseen.

• Options
    XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I had my installer just stall out at 82%, had to kill the process. It seems it finished, though. So play for a few hours and the game crashes both my browsers and has a memory read error and crashes itself during that. I run the repair and it says it's fine. Will see what happens again. It's a rather rocky start even if it went OK most of the time, but then I knew the game was a clusterfuck going in. Half off made it worth it with friends, so wise move on Zenimax's part slashing the price so soon.

Xeddicus on
  • Options
    BionicPenguinBionicPenguin Registered User regular
    I accidentally fast travelled into a nuked area. I thought I'd appear at the map marker just outside it, but nope. By the time I popped some Rad-X and put on my hazmat suit, I was at about 80% radiation, so I had to use RadAway. Unfortunately, that got rid of my super jumping mutation. :sad:

• Options
    So I’ve been speccing non-automatic riles, and it seems fairly decent with all the perks up and running, it makes combat roles fairly high DPS close range, and you can snipe things out really effectively. Kinda standard as a build, but it does the job.

Now of course the sibling I play with has decided to spec into something different to give us more combat options. So they’ve taken explosives perks.

I have no idea if it’s end game effective, but it is hilarious. They have the patterns for nuka grenades and MIRV grenades so there’s a near endless supply of incredible explosions. At level 27 they were able to clear out a cave of lvl 50 deathclaws with a single MIRV each.

Word of warning though. Remember cars. They threw a grenade in the car park of sugar hill and I’m glad I was sniping from a hill.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Non-automatic rifle builds have always been the reliable choice in this franchise.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Non-automatic rifle builds have always been the reliable choice in this franchise.

I always start a character trying to do something different.

100 hours later I’m sneaking about with a rifle/bow and stacking sneak attack bonuses.

War never changes.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Except I guess Fallout 1 where there was that automatic pistol that would shred anyone and anything, but that was like 3/4 of a game anyway.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Except I guess Fallout 1 where there was that automatic pistol that would shred anyone and anything, but that was like 3/4 of a game anyway.

You misspelled ‘Turbo plasma rifle’.

• Options
    YallYall Registered User regular
    Can I do anything with excess ammo? I've got over 1000 rounds if .38 and it doesn't appear that I can scrap it or sell it. Am I missing something or should I just drop it (or go to V76 and give it to a new player)?

• Options
    KaimakaKaimaka Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Yall wrote: »
    Can I do anything with excess ammo? I've got over 1000 rounds if .38 and it doesn't appear that I can scrap it or sell it. Am I missing something or should I just drop it (or go to V76 and give it to a new player)?

Bullets are forever, friends or forget-about-it (drop)

No you can't do anything useful with spare ammo, only give it away to people or drop it. No breaking down, no selling.
    I like the idea I being able to bulk ammo to be able to sell, or selling heavy-type ammo like fusion cores, mini-nukes and missiles. Maybe in a far future patch I can hop.

Edit: No Vendor-bot selling, you could technically sell to other human players, but good luck finding someone who wants to buy it. Maybe with and open mic set to area.

Kaimaka on
    2bas2j6qpsiv.gif
    Switch Friend Code: SW-3349-7357-2013
    3DS Friend code: 3093 8504 2352
  • Options
    Its the dumbest thing when the game rewards me with Mini Nukes and I just throw that shit away since it weighs a goddamn ton.

• Options
    I want to play a character that lugs around a missile launcher, a fatman, and a basket full of grenades and blows shit up willy-nilly but goddamn that weight. Now I remember why I increased the carry weight in FO3 and FO4...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Sirialis wrote: »
    Its the dumbest thing when the game rewards me with Mini Nukes and I just throw that shit away since it weighs a goddamn ton.

Yeah I get the technical and economic reasons for limited stash sizes, but come on. Like a missed launcher and a few other things eat up your stash in a hurry.

I hope they fix that shit soon.

• Options
    I was hauling around that M2 .50 you find in Grafton forever, too, but I just couldn't justify burning up 18 valuable pounds of carry space waiting for Level 20 so I scrapped it.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    I'm so tired of inventory management, at least let me sell all my valuable shit to vendors then.

Also let me either sell or break down unused ammo types.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    I'm so tired of inventory management, at least let me sell all my valuable shit to vendors then.

No doubt.

I really do enjoy the game, especially when I'm teamed up with friends (on Xbox as "Yall" if anyone is interested in grouping...) but I spend more time dealing with my inventory than I do exploring and shooting.

• Options
    And what's with the 16-18 pound hunting rifles? I'll admit I've never actually handled a hunting rifle but that just seems awfully heavy... The M14 military rifles we used for drill team in high school were only like 9 pounds. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    I'm with you, PP. FALLOUT's aesthetic has always been that this world makes everything bigger and heavier than it needs to be because nuclear power had become the answer for EVERYTHING. Circuit boards are the size of a pizza pan, cappucino makers are bigger than a refrigerator, because why not ? Nuclear power is common and plentiful.

• Options
    ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I'm with you, PP. FALLOUT's aesthetic has always been that this world makes everything bigger and heavier than it needs to be because nuclear power had become the answer for EVERYTHING. Circuit boards are the size of a pizza pan, cappucino makers are bigger than a refrigerator, because why not ? Nuclear power is common and plentiful.

Also, in the lore they never developed the transistor. No excuse for the super heavy guns though, that's just silly

Zavian on
  • Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Yall wrote: »

No doubt.

I really do enjoy the game, especially when I'm teamed up with friends (on Xbox as "Yall" if anyone is interested in grouping...) but I spend more time dealing with my inventory than I do exploring and shooting.

That feels intentional. This is a loot management, building game at heart. It is just way too restrictive and needs more options than just finding the “Your Stash” boxes hidden in the towns to keep you from constantly having to go back to camp.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    The game is on sale for $35 for Black Friday on Amazon in case anyone wants it but didn't get it.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    That's... kind of annoying actually. Not even 2 weeks after release, it's nearly half price.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, I mean. I don't think it was well received by the market overall unfortunately.

Edit: they also have the tricentennial edition for $50, though the really big version isn't on sale.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    Like the game but got a nice chuckle out of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyT00Dffqcw

Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    I’ve been wanted (10 caps) for a couple of days straight now, it gets a little tense knowing that everyone else is hidden from me on the map and I'm carrying a bunch of valuable junk.

I can only see other wanted people.

Sirialis on
  • Options
    So you're just stuck with wanted status forever until you're killed? I kind of thought it would at least deteriorate over time.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Boring ? For all of its flaws, how in the world do you find FALLOUT 76 to be boring ? Get out and explore you idiots. Often, reviews say more about the reviewer than they do about the subject being reviewed.

• Options
    edited November 2018
    Yeah, even if you get killed by mobs, your wanted status doesnt go away, has to be a player killing you apparently.

Last time I just told my friend to kill me.

Its getting a little annoying though, I’m carrying valuables I cant store or sell (fast enough) which can be stolen if I get killed.

... There was also a random lvl 8 that kept shooting me (and because of the weird pvp “level doesnt matter” stuff he actually does damage) so eventually I just shot him and took his stuff to get him to fuck off.

But now I have even more shit I can barely carry and cant really sell.

Guess its time to get my friend to help me shuffle a bunch of stuff to my Pack Mule character in hopes of Bethesda unfucking their "Cant really sell your loot" problem eventually.

Sirialis on