As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    SunrizeSunrize Registered User regular
    Anybody play Catastronauts yet? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    HD Link's Awakening in the 'Link Between Worlds' Engine on the Switch would be an instant buy for me.

Literally anything on the 3DS is a skip for me now, I haven't opened mine in months. I still have a perfectly good Samus Returns game to finish as well, but there it sits... rotting away.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Is the world ready for the actual best Zelda game, though?

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Namrok wrote: »
    Well, that is certainly in line with how most Nintendo Directs leave me feeling. One or two titles I can kind of force myself to get hype for, and a lot of stuff that just sort of leaves me scratching my head.

I think the only time the Direct really juiced me up was the reveal of Smash when they faked out for Splatoon 2. I forget when exactly that was.

March 8th last year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCLk3Zlqw-0

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    Tekken 7 on Switch would be... a problem.

?????

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

?????

Imagine being able to take Tekken 7 anywhere.

You could Tekken just, at any time. At a moment's notice you could Tekken.

On the bus. Tekken.

In a meeting. Tekken.

It would be a problem for me.

Don't Tekken and drive, people.

Taramoor on
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    Mario + Rabbids sequel? Somebody's been reading my dream journal

I was ignoring that because it didn’t fit with the narrative of my last post but that does excite me.

Stop trying to make Terraria a thing. It's never gonna be a thing.

My heart can only take so much pain, let it die in peace.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

?????

On the bus. Tekken.

In a meeting. Tekken.

I don't see how this a problem. They already madd it possible to Smash anywhere.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    urahonky wrote: »
    Casual wrote: »
    You can buy individual Joycon.

That's not a super great solve to them always breaking however.

especially not at £70 a pop

at that price i expect my grandchildren to still be using these things

A single Joycon should definitely not be £70. I wasn't saying buying a replacement is the only or best solution. Just that you don't have to buy two to replace one.

They look to be between $64 and $69 here in Canada. They are definitely not cheap.

I think he's saying that it comes with both the joycons for that price so you get two in the same package. I'm sure there's a way to just get one.

No, that's the price for a single joycon. For a set it's $99.99.

Your country is out of control!

.... Don't point to Trump. Please.

• Options

?????

On the bus. Tekken.

In a meeting. Tekken.

Haha ok I wondered if there was some crazy content that would cause issues for Nintendo somehow.

I would probably sooner get the collection of like 15 different Street Fighter 2s. :P

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Well, that is certainly in line with how most Nintendo Directs leave me feeling. One or two titles I can kind of force myself to get hype for, and a lot of stuff that just sort of leaves me scratching my head.

I think the only time the Direct really juiced me up was the reveal of Smash when they faked out for Splatoon 2. I forget when exactly that was.

March 8th last year.

https://www.yo utube.com/watch?v=MCLk3Zlqw-0

Every now and then I look back at some of these reveal videos. I personally like the FF7 Remake reveal reaction compilation the best, EVEN THOUGH WE STILL DON'T FUCKING HAVE IT FUCK YOU SQUARE WHERE IS MY F---

...Ahem. Sorry.

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    SyphonBlue wrote: »
    HD Link's Awakening

haha yeah okay fuckin whatever

I wonder if they mean HD by how they did Octopath graphics. Didn't they refer to that as HD 2D?

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      EnigmedicEnigmedic Registered User regular

March 8th last year.

https://www.yo utube.com/watch?v=MCLk3Zlqw-0

Every now and then I look back at some of these reveal videos. I personally like the FF7 Remake reveal reaction compilation the best, EVEN THOUGH WE STILL DON'T FUCKING HAVE IT FUCK YOU SQUARE WHERE IS MY F---

...Ahem. Sorry.

The biggest announcements always lead to the most disappointment. The internet basically exploded when the FF7 remake was announced. It was everywhere. A similar thing happened when the WoW classic server was announced. It's basically been radio silence since then on both fronts. The smash reveal was pretty big, but at the same time it's like well nintendo still hasnt quite figured out how to do online play so for the most part will still just be a me vs computer kind of experience.

• Options
      MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
      I'm so glad I despised FF7. Makes all this waiting for a remake completely pointless.

Now if it was a super HD FF6 or Chrono Trigger remake....NNNGGGHHH!!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
      Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
      Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
      Steam ID
      Twitch Page
    • Options
      DrezDrez Registered User regular
      They should make the FF7 Remake VR only.

No wait, Oculus Rift only.

That would be Hilareenix.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    • Options
      BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
      MNC Dover wrote: »
      Chrono Trigger remake....NNNGGGHHH!!

wish granted
      w1KtFRF.jpg

CD World Tour status:
      Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    • Options
      DirtyDirty Registered User regular
      Why do these rumor lists make no attempt at all to be believable?

• Options
      rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
      edited January 2019
      Yeah wonderful 101, Sonic Wii games, and Link's Awakening HD appearing together has to be BS. And then you add Nintendoland HD on top. (Wii U was already an HD console!!!!)

Black Knight's reception in particular was abysmal. It killed that whole storybook series. No way Sega is bringing that back any more than '06.

And the Wonderful 101 creator said not long ago that he'd like to do it. Which surely means that he isn't actually doing it.

rahkeesh2000 on
    • Options
      BlueBlue wrote: »

wish granted
      w1KtFRF.jpg

I signed up for the game because of the cast involved.

• Options
      It's been out in japan since I think last april? Word is it's pretty good

CD World Tour status:
      Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
    • Options
      Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
    • Options
      earthwormadamearthwormadam ancient crust Registered User regular
      Maybe now would be a cool time to jump on the wooly bandwagon. I skipped all the Kirby ones because I'm not that into Kirby. But if this has any depth or challenge, I'm in. No Yoshi game has topped Mario World 2 in my mind, so I'm hoping that they do so here.

• Options
      SaraLunaSaraLuna Registered User regular
      cloudeagle wrote: »
      Crazy rumor time? Crazy rumor time.

This alleges to be the entire script for a January direct to be shown on the 17th. Here's all the info:

New boards for Mario Party
      HD updates of Sonic Colors, Secret Rings and Black Knight May 21
      Wonderful 101 and sequel
      Rayman trilogy (the original games)

Probably bullshit since Nintendo keeps its internal productions locked up tighter than Fort Knox, but there you go.

man, this has gotta be real. a fake list would only have things that people actually want

• Options
      RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
      There’s too much in that list to be real. Come on, hasn’t anyone learned by now?

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
    • Options
      nusunusu Registered User regular
      edited January 2019
      Did some at NoA decide to tweet out the Direct script?

nusu on
    • Options
      SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular

wish granted
      w1KtFRF.jpg

That's Glenn!!!! Cyrus was his friend who died!!!!!

LxX6eco.jpg
      PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
    • Options
      It's been out in japan since I think last april? Word is it's pretty good

Ohh that's exciting. I need a new game to replace FFBE.

• Options
      The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
      There’s too much in that list to be real. Come on, hasn’t anyone learned by now?

What?!

You don't think Nintendo would eagerly advertise a new Nintendo Land?

Their most popular game that would immediately remind everyone of their stunning success with the WiiU?
      yeah, that "leak" is nonsense. most of it is stuff they've already shown, and the new stuff is unbelievable. Whoever made it threw in enough of what Nintendo has announced the past couple months and already shown off, to try to sound legit, with a list of nah's.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
      Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
      Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
      jothkijothki Registered User regular
      I'm so glad I despised FF7. Makes all this waiting for a remake completely pointless.

Now if it was a super HD FF6 or Chrono Trigger remake....NNNGGGHHH!!

Oh man, imagine a version of Chrono Trigger where time travel actually works in a consistent manner.

• Options
      edzeppedzepp Registered User regular
      edited January 2019
      I think that 'leak' has been disregarded by most.

Really, it's either this week and Nintendo are just leaving the Direct announcement for Wednesday (less likely, but possible), or it's next week. Some time before Nintendo meets their investors. No need to go crazy.

edzepp on
    • Options
      borschevskyborschevsky Registered User regular
      Their tweets tonight were weird. They seem like they would accompany a direct, so maybe they were supposed to be timed for a direct but accidentally went out early. Or maybe there’s no direct upcoming immediately and they wanted to get the January NES games announced before they release next week.

• Options
      edited January 2019
      Their tweets tonight were weird. They seem like they would accompany a direct, so maybe they were supposed to be timed for a direct but accidentally went out early. Or maybe there’s no direct upcoming immediately and they wanted to get the January NES games announced before they release next week.

Whoa, I didn't see that posted in this thread, I was just looking earlier today to see if they'd announced them yet.

Zelda 2 and Blaster Master! Two really good ones. But...two rather than the three they've been doing. So that's a little concerning maybe.

UncleSporky on
    • Options
      edited January 2019
      SyphonBlue wrote: »

wish granted
      w1KtFRF.jpg

That's Glenn!!!! Cyrus was his friend who died!!!!!

this is Cyrus the frog, legally distinct from the knight Cyrus and his squire, Glenn the frog, from the game with the same writer

Another way to tell them apart is this one is from the game about traveling to different time periods and the other one is from the game about time travel

BlueBlue on
      CD World Tour status:
    • Options
      DrezDrez Registered User regular
      They are putting Blaster Master up on the Switch? That's a little bizarre to me. Why not cut the price of and re-promote Blaster Master Zero, which is a better version of the same game?

Unless that's what this is, in a way. I mean I know it wasn't like a major, major release but it seems odd to release a game for "free" which is fundamentally the same as one of the games they are selling.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
    • Options
      skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
      edited January 2019
      This month's NES games. Zelda II and Blaster Master

skeldare on
      Nintendo Console Codes
      Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • Options
      AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
      Only 2 NES games this time? Are they really running dry on this thing already?

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
    • Options
      KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
      edited January 2019
      I ended up caving and buying a online family pass, so the 4 gamers in the house can all have their unique profile and play ARMS and Spla2n.

I tried the NES games, and I just don’t have the patience for these anymore. I think the primary reason is that indie games have been mining the best aspects of these games for years. I’ve got enough of those indie games in my backlog that these NES games are completely redundant. e.g. I could play Zelda 1... or I could go finish Minit. I could play Dr Mario... or I could try and get better at Lumines. Etc.

Kriegaffe on
    • Options
      rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
      edited January 2019
      Apparently Japan is also getting Joy Mech Fight, which hasn't been localized.

So its still 3 NES games for the region they actually care about.

Edit: I think it is possible to download the Japanese NES Online though?

rahkeesh2000 on
    • Options
      homogenizedhomogenized Registered User regular
      I miss when they were daring enough to put a few imports on the Wii VC. It's not like you really need the text in Joy Mech Fight anyway, it's a one-on-one fighting game.