As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    On the other hand it would be singularly bizarre to have what would ostensibly be a PlayStation exclusive character both showing up in Smash, and Nintendo allowing it to show up in Smash, if there were nothing on the roadmap for the Switch - even if it's not specifically P5.

In any case Atlus is pretty aware of their fanbase, the idea that it not happening somehow being more likely than it happening is seriously underestimating their market savvy.

This is Atlus’s modus operandi. They love their little teasers. Remember when they announced what I believe was their last major batch of PSP games, and they threw out riddles to spur their fans to guess the game?

The riddles and evidence-snippets they posts they provided clearly pointed to one of two games, but the clues were all highly suggestive of both.

The end result was: They we’re teasing both and the either/or “riddles” were a ruse in the sense that they were really just promoting both upcoming releases and there never was an either/or situation.

This smacks of the same behavior. I have like zero percent doubt that Persona 5: Switch Your Hearts will be coming to Switch.

Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    I would like to buy persona on the switch. I'll take one persona please.

• Options
    mtsmts Dr. Robot King Registered User regular
    I'm on the hunt for a US Switch bundle for my sister since I failed to pick one up during the Black Friday sale. Here's the best one I found so far, but I'm curious if a better one will release next week.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-System-Neon-Blue-Neon-Red-with-Mario-Tennis-Aces-1-2-Switch-HACSKABW1/689961896

Are you a Costco member? They have an Odyssey one now

camo_sig.png
  • Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Kelor wrote: »
    did you try putting it in all 3 different USB ports? in case it's just one USB port that's bad or something

Tried all three USB ports with no luck on mine.

I plugged a GC through the adaptor into his dock and it registered it immediately. Then I plugged in my Switch to the dock and it disappeared.

So while I couldn't borrow his Switch to test in my dock I'm almost certain that the issue lies with my Switch.

sounds like you should get nintendo support then yeah

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
  • Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

An updated version with non-touch screen controls would have been great. Oh well.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Drez wrote: »
    Did they announce anything new about the 2019 Terraria release? I was hunting for news last night, but could only find stuff from August when they showed the video.

Nothing since what I posted last time you asked.

https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-state-of-the-game-11-8-18.74093/

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    So I got Xenoblade 2 as it's on sale. My impression so far: Boobs.

Jesus christ Japan.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    LD50 wrote: »

Jesus christ Japan.

you lead boobs around on leashes to make your sword big and strong, what's so wrong about that :rotate:

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    KupiKupi Registered User regular
    I totally think the Kid Icarus: Uprising style could work with Splatoon-styled controls. Maybe not the exact game of KI:U, but something very similar.

My favorite musical instrument is the air-raid siren.
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

Jesus christ Japan.
    I hear a lot of good things about it but every time I think about picking it up I just can't stop thinking about how much I hate the character designs compared to the first game. Particularly regarding fanservice.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    KriegaffeKriegaffe Registered User regular
    Diablo III was on sale for 33% off. It really does run extremely well. I've been playing since launch, but after explaining all the systems to my son I realise that there's so much content in this game that it's ridiculous.

• Options
    KelorKelor Registered User regular
    So I've resolved my problem with my Switch and GC controller.

I was still digging around rather than giving up and waiting to Monday to call Nintendo and saw someone recommend plugging the adaptor into another USB port for a few minutes.

Saw it early on but seemed crazy and didn't bother with it but I had tried everything else and gave it a try.

Everything working as soon as I plugged it in.

Why in the world would that work?

• Options
    The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    I just got my Toki box set. The special edition is great, and the mini assembleable arcade cabinet for your Switch is awesome. Sadly while the gameplay is spot on they put more thought and effort into the content of the special edition than the game itself. Basically all you get is a beautiful arcade accurate remaster, and that's it. No unlockables, no extras, not even an option menu. This is one of the most bare bones things I've ever seen. You are collecting coins throughout the entire game, I'd have loved to be able to use those to unlock concept art, music, etc. And if you could have unlocked the original arcade version of the game in the remaster I'd have been beside myself with joy.

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    mts wrote: »
    I'm on the hunt for a US Switch bundle for my sister since I failed to pick one up during the Black Friday sale. Here's the best one I found so far, but I'm curious if a better one will release next week.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nintendo-Switch-System-Neon-Blue-Neon-Red-with-Mario-Tennis-Aces-1-2-Switch-HACSKABW1/689961896

They still have two of the Mario cart ones at where I work when I left that is

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    I would like to buy persona on the switch. I'll take one persona please.

Kinda, but I'd be missing my save to carry over. :0

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    So I bought D3 the same week it went on sale. What are the chances that Nintendo would refund me the difference or add the difference to my account? Not complaining, but I've heard of them doing it before but I guess I don't know the policy or details on stuff like that.

Steam: offday
  • Options
    Endless_SerpentsEndless_Serpents Registered User regular
    Has anyone got Advance Wars Switch AKA Tiny Metal? What do you think of it?

• Options
    TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    Has anyone got Advance Wars Switch AKA Tiny Metal? What do you think of it?

I really like it. Still waiting on the multiplayer patch which should be "any moment"

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • Options
      cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
      I'm waiting for WarGroove.

Tiny Metal came out and people seemed to be generally disappointed with it.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
      Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    • Options
      Dr. Chaos wrote: »

Jesus christ Japan.
      I hear a lot of good things about it but every time I think about picking it up I just can't stop thinking about how much I hate the character designs compared to the first game. Particularly regarding fanservice.

I'm not gonna lie, there's a bunch of problematic shit in the writing of this game.

• Options
      TDawgTDawg Registered User regular

Jesus christ Japan.

I'm not gonna lie, there's a bunch of problematic shit in the writing of this game.

I love Xenoblade 2 a lot but...yeah, I can't deny it. The game has problems. And if those are deal-breakers for you, you shouldn't feel bad about it.

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
      Let's Plays of Japanese Games
    • Options
      DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
      I've said before that Xenoblade 2 is a game that manages to be great despite itself. If you can look past the obvious issues with it, it's a game you can easily dump 200 hours into.

• Options
      Well, the good news is I'm pretty sure this sold a lot better than the first game so they're going to double down super hard on it in the next game.

Sigh.

• Options
      Undead MonkeyUndead Monkey Anchorage, AKRegistered User regular
      Noob question (google is getting me nowhere).

Are only some USB headsets recognized via the USB ports on the dock? When I plug in my wired Logitech G430's, they are getting power but no sound. I've watched tutorials and they make it sound as though they should just be plug and go, but I'm having no such luck.

SteamID: Pudgestomp
      XBL: InvaderJims
      Bnet: Pudgestomp#11153
    • Options
      Noob question (google is getting me nowhere).

Are only some USB headsets recognized via the USB ports on the dock? When I plug in my wired Logitech G430's, they are getting power but no sound. I've watched tutorials and they make it sound as though they should just be plug and go, but I'm having no such luck.

Not all USB headsets will work. For older headsets where support was added in later, the headset may need a firmware update.

• Options
      ManetherenWolfManetherenWolf Registered User regular

Jesus christ Japan.

I'm not gonna lie, there's a bunch of problematic shit in the writing of this game

There’s definitely some issues in the designs for some of the Blades, no debate there, but the only thing I can think of problematic in the writing is
      Some of the stuff involving Poppi. Which to be fair, is pretty obviously called out as being creepy by the other characters.
      Is there something else writing wise I’m not thinking of?

• Options

Jesus christ Japan.

I'm not gonna lie, there's a bunch of problematic shit in the writing of this game

There’s definitely some issues in the designs for some of the Blades, no debate there, but the only thing I can think of problematic in the writing is
      Some of the stuff involving Poppi. Which to be fair, is pretty obviously called out as being creepy by the other characters.

There's the way that Pyra is uncomfortable with her appearance/body which is then played for laughs (which makes her outfit situation even worse). There's the fact that of the first four Blades I have seen in the game, the two women are walking breast implants wearing sexy bathing suits and the two men are non-human monsters (and funnily enough, Sever is actually wearing more clothes than Pyra and Brighid put together). There's also the way that Pyra is constantly talked about as if she was an object, or talked about between other characters as if she wasn't in the same room/was an object even though she's standing right there.

• Options
      KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
      Brainleech wrote: »
      mts wrote: »

They still have two of the Mario cart ones at where I work when I left that is

I am not :(

• Options
      NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
      Well, the good news is I'm pretty sure this sold a lot better than the first game so they're going to double down super hard on it in the next game.

Sigh.

Or yay!

• Options
      StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
      Has there been anything about Sonic Adventure Battle 2 releasing on the Switch?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
      What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    • Options
      baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular

Jesus christ Japan.

Ridiculously huge spoiler do not click unless you are either never ever going to play this game or have already played a lot of it.
      Nia's being a blade and kind of going all submissive to Rex once this is discovered is a little creepy considering how her character was up until that point. Also in general the way the Blades are shown to be fully independent and thinking people who also have their memories and personalities wiped if their owner dies. Which means that by accepting Rex as her driver, Nia is signing up for some shit.

For what it's worth, I bought this game because of the trailer wherein Pyra's chest was prominently featured and probably wouldn't have given it a second look without the fanservice, so I'm part of the problem. I also bought the Xenosaga games for similar reasons, though in that case it was Shion being a hot girl with glasses. On the other hand, most of us wouldn't exist on this planet if our sainted fathers hadn't looked at a pair of boobs and thought "those are nice and maybe I could negotiate some sort of time sharing arrangement with their owner" so I don't feel too bad about it.

• Options
      edited December 2018
      Shion in Xenosaga 1 is actually one of my favorite Xeno designs.
      Roont8N.jpg

Cute/sexy but not over the top or with a thong hanging out of her pants.

It felt like they wanted to make her attractive but also tried to respect her as a character.

Dr. Chaos on
    • Options
      Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
      Katamari has aged so well. The demo is like when they'd put some spectacular demo on a PlayStation magazine disc like Tony Hawk and you'd spend all weekend trying to beat your high score.

• Options
      TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
      edited December 2018

Jesus christ Japan.

Ridiculously huge spoiler do not click unless you are either never ever going to play this game or have already played a lot of it.
      Nia's being a blade and kind of going all submissive to Rex once this is discovered is a little creepy considering how her character was up until that point. Also in general the way the Blades are shown to be fully independent and thinking people who also have their memories and personalities wiped if their owner dies. Which means that by accepting Rex as her driver, Nia is signing up for some shit.

For what it's worth, I bought this game because of the trailer wherein Pyra's chest was prominently featured and probably wouldn't have given it a second look without the fanservice, so I'm part of the problem. I also bought the Xenosaga games for similar reasons, though in that case it was Shion being a hot girl with glasses. On the other hand, most of us wouldn't exist on this planet if our sainted fathers hadn't looked at a pair of boobs and thought "those are nice and maybe I could negotiate some sort of time sharing arrangement with their owner" so I don't feel too bad about it.
      I've been playing through the game veeery slowly and just got to the Nia is a Blade reveal the other day, actually, and I am VERY upset about it. I had sort of felt that the game balanced some of the really egregious stuff with Nia and Morag, ie, two female characters who are VERY prominent, given genuine personalities and motivations, and treated as more than just sexed up dolls. And then they take one of the best characters, jam her in an uncharacteristically sexy outfit, and totally backtrack her characterization, including the "I Love you Rex!" crap. I honestly felt betrayed.

I don't mind a bit of fanservice in my games- I bought Xenoblade 2 knowing full well that there were some bullshit anime tiddies all over the place and most of the time I don't mind, and some of the outfits I think are actually pretty cool. But this still leaves a bad taste in my mouth.. It feels like a step too far, to me, as it feels like a betrayal of everything I liked about that character.

I still enjoy the game and I plan on finishing it, but Nia went from "top 10 favorite JRPG character" to "JRPG trope tragedy" in less than 5 minutes.

TDawg on
      NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
      Let's Plays of Japanese Games
    • Options
      PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
      edited December 2018

Jesus christ Japan.

Ch. 8 spoilers
      That doesn't apply to Nia. Flesh Eaters retain their memories. Seriously, look at Jin, his entire motivation is from that. Nia has the opposite problem - she's 100% going to outlive everyone she knows by a mile (with the exceptions of Poppi and Pyra/Mythra)

Ending spoilers
      The core thing doesn't apply to Pyra/Mytha either, obviously. But since they're the master repository for the data it makes no sense for them to be wiped.

Torna DLC spoilers
      They aren't even bound to a single driver - see Minoth being able to swap to Adam with no ill effects.

Polaritie on
      Steam: Polaritie
      3DS: 0473-8507-2652
      Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
      PSN: AbEntropy
    • Options
      ZundeZunde Registered User regular
      In general you have to accept that Japanese game's are going to be fan-service heavy sometime's since it's fairly popular over there and they don't really care about the western opinion. I think it baffles them more then anything.

• Options
      kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
      Zunde wrote: »
      In general you have to accept that Japanese game's are going to be fan-service heavy sometime's since it's fairly popular over there and they don't really care about the western opinion. I think it baffles them more then anything.

I mean, you are saying this like western media doesn't have the same problem.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
      3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
      Steam profile
    • Options

Jesus christ Japan.

It's implied that
      Being a flesh eater or whatever it was they call them, she's not subject to returning to the Poke Ball like a normal Blade is because their form is maintained by their human half and not by their driver.

But they kind of gloss over the finer details of it anyway so who knows.

• Options
      kime wrote: »
      Zunde wrote: »

I mean, you are saying this like western media doesn't have the same problem.

I think one of the big distinctions though is that we can't influence Japanese media like Western media. Japanese developers/publishers typically consider the West to be supplementary income at best, and trying to protest their products will simply result in them not localizing the product anymore. Their real target demo is the otaku Japanese and unless there's a big shift in their preferences(and indications seem to be that it's getting worse over there rather than better), how the content is going to be shaped won't change.