As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    I'll post this in both the Warframe and Switch thread, for new Switch players like me...

If you have access to Amazon Prime, you can link that to a Twitch account and have Twitch Prime, which gives you various items for various games. For Warframe you can get the Trinity Prime warframe for free as well as a couple weapons, and they also come with inventory slots to hold them in (one of the major limitations of the game that you spend the real world money currency on).

Now, there has been a problem with this since it released on the Switch, most people only got Trinity Prime and not the weapons, but they recently announced they are rolling out a hotfix next week that will grant those items to you if you didn't get them.

Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Barrakketh wrote: »
    Dirty wrote: »
    Also, I looked up Lyn too. Looks like she was in one mainline FE game 15 years ago. Did you really expect her to do well in a fan poll in 2018?
    She also made it into Fire Emblem Warriors and seemed to be quite popular there.

Lyn is awesome and deserves popularity. She was in the first localized Fire Emblem game for the US so I suppose that has nothing to do with Japanese popularity, but still she's just a great design and great character with really nice music the first time you meet her.

She's also memorable for being in the first(and only) self-insert Fire Emblem ever made prior to Awakening, so she was the waifu before all the other waifus. (There's also a neat easter egg in Awakening where she'll recognize your character as the same protagonist from the previous game.)

The fact that you couldn't marry her in either game is high treason.

your faceless tactician character can't marry or even do supports with anyone in Lyn's game though, you're barely even a character in the story after the introduction

BahamutZERO.gif
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Lyn is hugely popular in FE:Heroes too (the mobile game), so that may have boosted her votes too.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Lyn is basically Best Girl.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Donnicton wrote: »
    Also, I looked up Lyn too. Looks like she was in one mainline FE game 15 years ago. Did you really expect her to do well in a fan poll in 2018?
    She also made it into Fire Emblem Warriors and seemed to be quite popular there.

Lyn is awesome and deserves popularity. She was in the first localized Fire Emblem game for the US so I suppose that has nothing to do with Japanese popularity, but still she's just a great design and great character with really nice music the first time you meet her.

She's also memorable for being in the first(and only) self-insert Fire Emblem ever made prior to Awakening, so she was the waifu before all the other waifus. (There's also a neat easter egg in Awakening where she'll recognize your character as the same protagonist from the previous game.)

The fact that you couldn't marry her in either game is high treason.

your faceless tactician character can't marry or even do supports with anyone in Lyn's game though, you're barely even a character in the story after the introduction

I mean... yeah? The game was made decade before IS even thought to make the series about waifus. But that's not the point.

• SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Whereas I (as a female gamer) love Lyn because she was a playable character at a time when there weren't a ton of playable female characters, and she was a) legitimately badass and b) not particularly sexualized.

So I'm glad she wasn't a waifu. Not that I don't love pairing characters up in the modern FEs, but she was around at a time when we really needed characters like her.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    As someone who played that game feverishly during middle school...

I liked Lyn because she had a cool sword and cool hair.

I liked Hector because he had a huge axe and didn't put up with anyone's nonsense.

Who's Eliwood?

NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • urahonkyurahonky Registered User regular
    TimFiji wrote: »
    urahonky wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    If you're on the fence on physical vs. digital for Smash Bros., Nintendo's giving double gold points when you pre-purchase digital, which also applies to the $25 DLC package. So that means you'll get about $8.50 in points.

Don't do what I did folks. https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/super-smash-bros-switch#add-on-content Go down to add-on content and then buy it there. I thought you had to buy the DLC package separately but I was incorrect.

Can you call them and request them to change the order to the bundle?

Probably but in reality it's probably for the best. I have a hang up about paying for DLC when it's not even announced. I'll see if I'm still playing it when they come out.

So I fired up Diablo 3 to play locally with my wife and it seems now (even though we were level 37) she HAS to have a Nintendo Online account in order to play with me on the same console? When she logs in it throws up a prompt about Nintendo Online, she hits cancel and then it logs her out. I signed her up for the week free trial so we could play but there's no way that I will pay for both of our online accounts to play a game locally. That's just bullshit. Has anyone heard about this?

• RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    I guess this thing is pretty wide open mod wise? Went to craigslist to see if there were any deals nearby, and was surprised to see 90% of the ads offering mod service like the firestick. Kind of shocked by that as I thought nintendo had their stuff on lockdown now. Or maybe they're all scams.

• McFodderMcFodder Registered User regular
    I don't have Diablo so not sure, but you're not playing the 'Seasons' mode or whatever it is that's all online recorded stuff?

Switch Friend Code: SW-3944-9431-0318
    PSN / Xbox / NNID: Fodder185
    McFodder wrote: »
    I don't have Diablo so not sure, but you're not playing the 'Seasons' mode or whatever it is that's all online recorded stuff?

We are, but we were playing it beforehand. She hit level 37 with her seasonal character already.

• TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    I can play both of my D3 seasonal characters locally without signing up for the online stuff. I did get a prompt that my alt Switch account needed to be linked to a My Nintendo account.

steam_sig.png
  • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I just preordered Super Smash Bros, so I really could use more friends. Pretty please?

My code is: SW-6892-8287-8880

• TimFijiTimFiji Beast Lord Halfway2AnywhereRegistered User regular
    I just preordered Super Smash Bros, so I really could use more friends. Pretty please?

My code is: SW-6892-8287-8880

OP has a link to enter your code and see others'
    Join us!

Switch: SW-2322-2047-3148 Steam: Archpriest
      Selling Board Games for Medical Bills
    • davidsdurionsdavidsdurions Your Trusty Meatshield Panhandle NebraskaRegistered User regular
      I’ll be spamming requests once I get a free moment. :+1:

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
      More Mario Tennis Aces characters coming, finally with Pauline playable

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiE4bmoXBkc

Nintendo Console Codes
      Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
      PM Me if you add me!
      HAIL HYDRA
    • 21stCentury21stCentury Call me Pixel, or Pix for short! [They/Them]Registered User regular
      skeldare wrote: »

Aw yeah! Pauline!

• AthenorAthenor Battle Hardened Optimist The Skies of HiigaraRegistered User regular
      It just dawned on me that the Mario series has a pretty strong lineup of kickass women... occasional princess-napping excluded. Peach, Daisy, Pauline, Rosalina, Birdo, Wendy, and Toadette as the main headliners, each with their own distinct personalities.

He/Him | "A boat is always safest in the harbor, but that’s not why we build boats." | "If you run, you gain one. If you move forward, you gain two." - Suletta Mercury, G-Witch
    • RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
      edited November 2018
      More of them should get their own games. Or like... a team up game. Without emotion powers.... that didn’t sit well with some.

Let’s not forget that the Zelda series has a varied roster of female characters too. Better than the male characters, imo. Different versions of Zelda, Impa, Midna, Urbosa, Nabooru, Saria, Paya, Anju, Mipha, Ruto and Medli. And last but not least, the lady with the jar on her head. ;)

RidleySaria on
      -- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
    • T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
      edited November 2018
      Horizon Chase Turbo is out on Switch in a few days.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buw7JRslrNA

I'm still on the fence about this one. Does it actually play like a proper arcade racing game, or is it one of those mobile style games where your car is stuck on a lane?

T-Danger on
    • baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
      T-Danger wrote: »
      Horizon Chase Turbo is out on Switch in a few days.
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buw7JRslrNA

I'm still on the fence about this out. Does it actually play like a proper arcade racing game, or is it one of those mobile style games where your car is stuck on a lane?

Possibly relevant to your interests, Outrun is coming to the Switch as part of the Sega Ages collection, by end of year in Japan and early next year in the US and Europe.

• Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
      Woohoo! First game on the Switch is Okami HD thanks to the incredibly generous and kind @spoit!

What's more, I realised I can have both a US and UK account on the switch for cheaper games! Yussss

• WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular

She wasn't just in the first localized Fire Emblem game, she was also the first character in the first localized Fire Emblem game.

Yes, in hindsight, Lyn's Story is just an extended tutorial, but when it's your first exposure to Fire Emblem (and, in my case, SRPGs in general), Lyn's Story is just, like, Lyn's Story.

In Japan, Marth is popular for being The First Fire Emblem Lord, but in my heart Lyn will always be The Real First Fire Emblem Lord.

• Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular

Aw yeah! Pauline!

37 years to become a playable character. That's got to be a record.

steam_sig.png
      EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
    • Raybies666Raybies666 Registered User regular

Aw yeah! Pauline!

37 years to become a playable character. That's got to be a record.

I know, I was 21 when I put myself into a Smackdown game.

At 5'11", 215 pounds, I gave The Undertaker a run for his money.

Beat me on Wii U: Raybies
      Beat me on 360: Raybies666

I remember when I had time to be good at games.
    • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
      Big Classy wrote: »
      Woohoo! First game on the Switch is Okami HD thanks to the incredibly generous and kind @spoit!

What's more, I realised I can have both a US and UK account on the switch for cheaper games! Yussss

Awesome! It sucks that we can't directly gift games to each other via the eShop though. That was a feature in the Wii that was oddly removed later. I'm sure there was a reason, but I miss it.

Currently, the only way to gift games is to buy them via third party sources (Amazon, Gamestop, etc) and send the codes to the person you're wanting to gift. It works, but I'd love to get rid of that additional hoop to jump through.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
      Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
      Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
      Steam ID
      Twitch Page
    • MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
      Also, quick reminder to our new Switch owners, and to anyone who may have missed it:

You can add your friend code here
      and
      find other people's codes here!

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
      Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
      Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
      Steam ID
      Twitch Page
    • Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular
      Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
    • AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
      edited November 2018
      Fear is freedom! Subjugation is liberation! Contradiction is truth!

edit- There's no way Fight Club Mako isn't in this right?

Axen on
      A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
    • pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
      Lyn’s crit animation in my first gameboy Fire Emblem was what sold me on the series so she’ll forever be my favorite character in any of those games

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
    • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
      I’m curious about hyrule/fire emblem warriors but neither have a demo. Only thing I can find like it is a dragon quest heroes 2 demo on PS4, and some are saying that’s not even that similar?

Basically I’m wondering if DQH2 would help me predict if I’d like either of those warriors games, or if there’s any other way I could try something like them?? I’m guessing the stores won’t have demos either.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
    • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
      I think it would. It's the same style of gameplay for sure.

Steam: offday
      edited November 2018
      DQH2 was more open world than either title. But I also vastly preferred FE and HW to DQH2. If you enjoyed the combat in DQH2 then you will have a good time with either. However just know that it's not open world... You essentially choose the level, your character and then straight to the action.

Huh I thought you were asking if you would enjoy HW or FE if you liked DQH2.

urahonky on
    • TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
      Noggin wrote: »
      I’m curious about hyrule/fire emblem warriors but neither have a demo. Only thing I can find like it is a dragon quest heroes 2 demo on PS4, and some are saying that’s not even that similar?

Basically I’m wondering if DQH2 would help me predict if I’d like either of those warriors games, or if there’s any other way I could try something like them?? I’m guessing the stores won’t have demos either.

DQH2's demo won't help, it's more of a spinoff of the genre. If you have a 3DS there's a Hyrule Warriors demo on there, that'd be the closest thing to try out.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
      TamerBill wrote: »

DQH2's demo won't help, it's more of a spinoff of the genre. If you have a 3DS there's a Hyrule Warriors demo on there, that'd be the closest thing to try out.

Oh cool, I didn’t think to check there, that’s perfect!

I see the game on there, but no demo. Maybe not available anymore, or only available on New3DS? I have OG so might be out of luck

• jothkijothki Registered User regular
      edited November 2018
      It's amazing how much of a difference gyro aiming makes for making a game playable. Warframe is working really well for me, while I ended up quitting and deleting the game halfway through the training area in Paladins.

edit: Oh hey, it looks like Paladins only just recently added them. How well do they work?

jothki on
    • TamerBillTamerBill Registered User regular
      I see the game on there, but no demo. Maybe not available anymore, or only available on New3DS? I have OG so might be out of luck

Apparently it's Europe and Japan only, sorry. No idea why.

3DS Friend Code: 4828-4410-2451
    • jothkijothki Registered User regular
      If you're willing to go to some sort of big retail store, I think the Switch's usual stock of retail demos includes one for Hyrule Warriors.