As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Nintendo Switch] THIS THREAD IS DEAD! POST IN THE NEW ONE!

• Options
    PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
    Quest Switchtyfour.

• Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    PLA wrote: »
    Quest Switchtyfour.

No we're looking for good games.

WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Went over to a friend's house yesterday with my Switch and all the various accoutrements so we could play some Smash. First time ever playing docked and that really is a nifty feature. I did have to explain how the Switch worked to my friend, and I ended up describing what I could remember from the original Switch ad (ethnically diverse young people on a roof, at a park, on a plane, etc)

My friend seemed to fall deep into playing Into the Breach, and I recommended he just get the PC version instead of buying an entire new console for a 15 dollar indie title.
    Ordinarily, I would also recommend against spending $300 just so you could spend $15.

But.

The Switch is such a good system that I'm sure there's other games on there your friend would be into.

Also, I'm gonna be honest: When Into the Breach came out, my only criticism of it was "Why can't I be playing this all the time, like when I'm outside, or when I'm waiting for the elevator, or when the person I'm talking to is not quite as interesting as I would like them to be?". The Switch version removed this one single complaint. I'm not going to say that Into the Breach is the best game ever made, but I think that it's such a flawlessly-designed game. The theme, the mechanics, the art, the music, the writing, all the pieces come together and reinforce each other. It's so, so good.

• Options
    WotanAnubisWotanAnubis Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Oh, yeah, hey, remember this trailer?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rx9hx33aJ8g

I hope the Direct will show a bit more of whatever the hell this game is going to turn out to be.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    DirtyDirty Registered User regular
    I have a feeling it will be a barely interactive light show or a stylish rhythm game. I'd prefer the latter, but my faith in indies has been shaken lately.

• Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Capt Howdy wrote: »
    Alright Nintendo, its well past time for that Endless Ocean 3 announcement. Make it happen.

Somehwere, Haley Westerna bolts awake, knowing the time has come once more.

• Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    That looks like a game that I am really excited to have exist but don't anticipate purchasing

no joke though it really looks cool

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Xaquin wrote: »
    That looks like a game that I am really excited to have exist but don't anticipate purchasing

Yeah, I don't actually know if I want to play it, but I sure want to see more of it.

WotanAnubis on
  • Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I have for some reason never been able to care one bit about Fire Emblem so I hope there is some other yummy stuff.

Absalon on
  • Options
    Handsome CostanzaHandsome Costanza Ask me about 8bitdo RIP Iwata-sanRegistered User regular
    Inb4 33 minutes of Fire Emblem followed by a 2 minute trailer for a Fire Emblem smash dlc character.

Nintendo Switch friend code: 7305-5583-0420. Add me!
    Resident 8bitdo expert.
    Resident hybrid/flap cover expert.
  • Options
    Inb4 33 minutes of Fire Emblem followed by a 2 minute trailer for a Fire Emblem smash dlc character.

Hector for Smash? Dude uses an axe, after all, so there'd be nothing to complain about.

• Options
    MorranMorran Registered User regular
    Xaquin wrote: »

Yeah, I don't actually know if I want to play it, but I sure want to see more of it.

I'm not sure I'm thrilled about the genre, but the developer (simogo) impressed me enough with previous releases to keep me interested.

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular

Hector for Smash? Dude uses an axe, after all, so there'd be nothing to complain about.

I would complain if he doesn't have a Echo fighters variations as Dorcas and Barte.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular

Other than the fact that there's like 47 Fire Emblem characters in Smash already.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    ChaosHatChaosHat Hop, hop, hop, HA! Trick of the lightRegistered User regular

There are so many people who aren't "sword/parry/whatever" from Fire Emblem that they haven't used that it makes me mad. Hector is one of them. You could also do Lyn since she has sword AND bow. Or one of the thief/assassins. Or dragons. Or pegasus knights. OR ANYONE ELSE?

• Options
    AbsalonAbsalon Lands of Always WinterRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    I've resigned myself to the fact that one of the newcomers will be the Dragon Quest main character because DQ is hysterically big in Japan and they want to use Smash as an entry point into the series for the West. DQ is another series I seem born incapable of taking an interest in, and not just because I've always disliked Akira Toriyama's artstyle.

Absalon on
  • Options
    Absalon wrote: »
    I've resigned myself to the fact that one of the newcomers will be the Dragon Quest main character because DQ is hysterically big in Japan and they want to use Smash as an entry point into the series for the West.

Erdrick is strongly rumored to be one of the next DLC characters based on datamines, yeah.

The current rumors for the other three (with zero backing it up other than the leakers' track record) include Steve from Minecraft, Ryu from Ninja Gaiden, and Doomguy from, uh, Doom.

• Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Absalon wrote: »
    I've resigned myself to the fact that one of the newcomers will be the Dragon Quest main character because DQ is hysterically big in Japan and they want to use Smash as an entry point into the series for the West.

Slime would be a good choice, with cameos from other characters creepin' in as attacks, dracky shows up to airlift him, final smash he calls more slimes and turns into a kingslime.

However, this will not happen. Because Square-Enix are retreating inward, becoming insular and wary and litigious and altogether crappy. Cloud is already barely in Smash, it's just him, the stage and two songs, no remixes. His classic mode spirit artwork is just artwork reused from Smash Wii U. Rumor has it that they were mad he was included in the base game because they wanted him to be sold as DLC again to capture that money instead of a general license.

Unless DQ is somehow handled by a different arm which is more open to these things, I don't see it happening.

cloudeagle wrote: »
    Ryu from Ninja Gaiden

THERE CAN'T BE TWO RYUS :o

UncleSporky on
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    Ryu from Ninja Gaiden

THERE CAN'T BE TWO RYUS :o

There's already two Roys. :P

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Oh boy, if there's DQ in Smash, expect no music.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    Its possible that DQB hero would be the port, and that they use that as a parallel to launch DQB2.

Builders sold really well in the US thanks to the love of the voxel game over here.

• Options
    ArchsorcererArchsorcerer Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Japanese probably use different characters for Hayabusa Ryu's name.

IIRC from an interview, SF Ryu's name uses the character for "rising / to rise". It doesn't mean "dragon".

Don't know how Hayabusa is written.

Nintendo systems are good for DQ. Didn't the Wii get a port of the DQ MMO?

Archsorcerer on
    XBL - ArchSilversmith

"We have years of struggle ahead, mostly within ourselves." - Made in USA
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular

Cloud streaming, not a real port. But DQ XI is coming anyway.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular

DQX was originally a Wii exclusive.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    UncleSporkyUncleSporky Registered User regular
    Switch Friend Code: SW - 5443 - 2358 - 9118 || 3DS Friend Code: 0989 - 1731 - 9504 || NNID: unclesporky
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    I Saw Tom Nook's Face In An Oreo This Morning, Does This Mean an Animal Crossing MMO is Coming?

• Options
    darkmayodarkmayo Registered User regular

I cant get hyped for any more AC unless the game starts doing something new.

Switch SW-6182-1526-0041
  • Options
    XaquinXaquin Right behind you!Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »
    I Saw Tom Nook's Face In An Oreo This Morning, Does This Mean an Animal Crossing MMO is Coming?

it's going to be a mobile app that requires a second phone to talk and still requires nintendo online

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    Decided that eh, what the hell, and got myself nintendo online to play Smash. And honestly, this works pretty okay! Way better on wifi than 4's online ever did on wired. There's a slight latency that makes teching kinda hard, but I'm not at a good enough level of play that split second latencies hurt me THAT much anyway.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    Delduwath wrote: »

Sounds like you might have PTSD from having to pay him so many bells over the years.

• Options
    RidleySariaRidleySaria AnaheimRegistered User regular
    I'm just hoping for Animal Crossing info and a confirmation of Metroid Prime Trilogy HD.

-- Switch friend code: 2978-3296-1491 -- PSN: RidleySaria -- Genshin Impact UID: 607033509 --
  • Options
    rahkeesh2000rahkeesh2000 Registered User regular
    Zython wrote: »

DQX was originally a Wii exclusive.

Yep I misread that as a "wii port" i.e. "port from the Wii." And now it has full PS4 and Switch ports. Streaming is also available for phones and 3DS.

Switch streaming be for PSO 2 and the like.

• Options
    Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    As with every direct, hoping for Mario Baseball.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    ...wait, Kid Icarus isn't on this NESflix thing? BOOOO.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Maybe we'll get a release date for Joker on Smash. I haven't been this excited for DLC in a long time.

• Options
    GMaster7GMaster7 Goggles Paesano Registered User regular
    I'm at work, so I'm relying on you guys to watch and live-update.

PSN: SKI2000G | Steam: GMaster7 | Battle.net: GMaster7#1842 | Twitch: twitch.tv/SKI2000G
  • Options
    Mario Maker? Mario Maker!

• Options
    MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    OH SHIT Y'ALL! MARIO MAKER 2 ON SWITCH!

MNC Dover on
    Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Lol. The first thing they show for Mario Maker is an assload of slopes. They know.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    OH SHIT Y'ALL! MARIO MAKER SWITCH!

Mario maker... or money maker?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy