Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Diablo 3] Switch list in OP - LoN season starts 5/17

191012141522

Posts

  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Did I make a huge mistake by deciding to main Monk this season? I usually roll DH, but wanted to mix things up yet feel super under-powered with the seasonal set (Uliana).

  • CritterCritter Semi-good lookin' Registered User regular
    sanstodo wrote: »
    Did I make a huge mistake by deciding to main Monk this season? I usually roll DH, but wanted to mix things up yet feel super under-powered with the seasonal set (Uliana).

    Inna/wave of light is the way and the, uh, light.

    RanlinAridholE.CoyoteKlatu
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    I just wish there were better alternatives to CoE for more classes. I'm not a fan of the "your damage is awesome 25% of the time" playstyle.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    KalTorakBullheadPoketpixie
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Spaffy wrote: »
    What are some good replacements for The Endless Walk set for a 6N4M DH? I don't like the stop-start nature of the set at all.

    A good hellfire amulet could be an extra ~20% damage depending on passive choice, or Awareness (cheat death) if you didn’t already have it.

    And Elusive Ring would be more, and more consistent, toughness than that portion of EW. Stone of Jordan for damage.

    Battletag: Noggin#1936 || PSN > Noggin37 < Origin (Anthem) || Steam
  • HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    forty wrote: »
    I just wish there were better alternatives to CoE for more classes. I'm not a fan of the "your damage is awesome 25% of the time" playstyle.

    You don't really need CoE for anything in the strictest sense. I don't run it most of the time. You can easily clear into the high 80's without it.

    I would just run something more consistent in that slot, and I do most seasons. Usually a rorg.

    This season since rorg is free, I have it in my cube, but could just as easily change it to something else.

    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

    Drez
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Critter wrote: »
    sanstodo wrote: »
    Did I make a huge mistake by deciding to main Monk this season? I usually roll DH, but wanted to mix things up yet feel super under-powered with the seasonal set (Uliana).

    Inna/wave of light is the way and the, uh, light.

    Uliana is comparatively not that great, but once you piece together Inna's wave of light you'll be suddenly super stronk. The only downside vs DH at that point is Dashing Strike can't keep up with vault unless you get to cross walls/gaps a lot, but that's also mostly trading who falls behind temporarily :p

    I wasn't enjoying being a monk until I finished innas, it's so much nicer and more powerful. Also all the pets!

  • sanstodosanstodo Registered User regular
    Ranlin wrote: »
    Critter wrote: »
    sanstodo wrote: »
    Did I make a huge mistake by deciding to main Monk this season? I usually roll DH, but wanted to mix things up yet feel super under-powered with the seasonal set (Uliana).

    Inna/wave of light is the way and the, uh, light.

    Uliana is comparatively not that great, but once you piece together Inna's wave of light you'll be suddenly super stronk. The only downside vs DH at that point is Dashing Strike can't keep up with vault unless you get to cross walls/gaps a lot, but that's also mostly trading who falls behind temporarily :p

    I wasn't enjoying being a monk until I finished innas, it's so much nicer and more powerful. Also all the pets!

    Ok, shooting for Inna's :)

  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Finally got a Dawn to drop, went and cleared GR80 in under 5 minutes.

    At some point I should try to get some survivability, right? I'm killed by pretty much anything, just using Awareness to stay alive. I feel like maybe I should be able to survive a single hit from a normal enemy.

    Betsuni
  • SpaffySpaffy Fuck the Zero Registered User regular
    Having five sentries down with the 4 piece Marauder bonus and firing off cluster arrow which shoots a bunch of rockets and everything on the screen explodes into more rockets is the most Diablo-ass experience it is possible to have

    ALRIGHT FINE I GOT AN AVATAR
    Steam: adamjnet
    BetsuniKwoaruHexDexNogginDyvim Tvar
  • RhahRhah Registered User regular
    Last couple of nights on PC, I have been checking the Community for someone who can invite to the Clan. Are people invisible or just not many on much lately?

  • DaimarDaimar A Million Feet Tall of Awesome Registered User regular
    Season activity is high for about a week at the start then really drops off a cliff since that's about the time it takes to blow through the season journey for most people, and the clan doesn't have many people who stick with it for the whole thing to push rifts.

    steam_sig.png
    twitch.tv/kragaar
    Youtube
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    I usually progress more slowly, but I had an unusual amount of free time at the start of this season (and the buffed sets helped a lot) so I actually got through the journey in two weekends. Not that I can invite to the clan anyway.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    Rhah wrote: »
    Last couple of nights on PC, I have been checking the Community for someone who can invite to the Clan. Are people invisible or just not many on much lately?

    Most of us who can invite are usually on the weekends it seems. But if you ping one of us and work out a time we can jump on for a quick invite. Still wishing they could make it so both parties don't have to be online at the same time.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Daimar wrote: »
    Season activity is high for about a week at the start then really drops off a cliff since that's about the time it takes to blow through the season journey for most people, and the clan doesn't have many people who stick with it for the whole thing to push rifts.

    There's also a few things releasing right now that are probably distracting people. Like last weekend was Anthem (and will be again this weekend), plus KH.

    camo_sig2.png
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Bullhead wrote: »
    Daimar wrote: »
    Season activity is high for about a week at the start then really drops off a cliff since that's about the time it takes to blow through the season journey for most people, and the clan doesn't have many people who stick with it for the whole thing to push rifts.

    There's also a few things releasing right now that are probably distracting people. Like last weekend was Anthem (and will be again this weekend), plus KH.

    This is my reason. Anthem demos, Wargroove tomorrow, jumping back into ME:Andromeda, finished up a Bloodborne replay, Dark Souls Remastered... still have to play Breath of the Wild...

    With all that, grinding gr keys and legendary gems just starts to feel even more tedious, especially once there's not other people online to make it more fun.

    Battletag: Noggin#1936 || PSN > Noggin37 < Origin (Anthem) || Steam
    BullheadHexDex
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    I just find it really hard to motivate myself to play in the seasonal format. Permanence of progression is the thing I like most about online RPGs. The idea that everything I'm doing is going to (effectively) vanish in a few months is deeply discouraging. I'm really hoping D4 won't follow that model.

  • RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    I just find it really hard to motivate myself to play in the seasonal format. Permanence of progression is the thing I like most about online RPGs. The idea that everything I'm doing is going to (effectively) vanish in a few months is deeply discouraging. I'm really hoping D4 won't follow that model.

    It doesn't vanish at all. Your seasonal character gets changed to a normal character and all their gold and Paragon levels get added to the pool.

    BetsuniKlatuakjakBullheadYoutube
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited February 1
    Renzo wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »
    I just find it really hard to motivate myself to play in the seasonal format. Permanence of progression is the thing I like most about online RPGs. The idea that everything I'm doing is going to (effectively) vanish in a few months is deeply discouraging. I'm really hoping D4 won't follow that model.

    It doesn't vanish at all. Your seasonal character gets changed to a normal character and all their gold and Paragon levels get added to the pool.

    Yes I know, but if I'm a seasonal player then I move on to the next one so it's as good as gone. Playing regular doesn't have much appeal either when you reach a soft power cap and there's no new content. It's a major issue with the genre which I think newer ARPGs are doing a pretty good job solving these days.

    Zek on
  • KlatuKlatu Registered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Bullhead wrote: »
    Daimar wrote: »
    Season activity is high for about a week at the start then really drops off a cliff since that's about the time it takes to blow through the season journey for most people, and the clan doesn't have many people who stick with it for the whole thing to push rifts.

    There's also a few things releasing right now that are probably distracting people. Like last weekend was Anthem (and will be again this weekend), plus KH.

    This is my reason. Anthem demos, Wargroove tomorrow, jumping back into ME:Andromeda, finished up a Bloodborne replay, Dark Souls Remastered... still have to play Breath of the Wild...

    With all that, grinding gr keys and legendary gems just starts to feel even more tedious, especially once there's not other people online to make it more fun.

    For me, on top of my PC giving me the shits, it's MHW MHW MHW MHW.. and some RE2, then more MHW.

    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Uhh ya, my limited understanding of MHW is that it is Long.

    At least you already beat diablo! :biggrin:

    Battletag: Noggin#1936 || PSN > Noggin37 < Origin (Anthem) || Steam
    Klatu
  • BetsuniBetsuni Insert Disk 4 and Press Any Key to Continue Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »
    Renzo wrote: »
    Zek wrote: »
    I just find it really hard to motivate myself to play in the seasonal format. Permanence of progression is the thing I like most about online RPGs. The idea that everything I'm doing is going to (effectively) vanish in a few months is deeply discouraging. I'm really hoping D4 won't follow that model.

    It doesn't vanish at all. Your seasonal character gets changed to a normal character and all their gold and Paragon levels get added to the pool.

    Yes I know, but if I'm a seasonal player then I move on to the next one so it's as good as gone. Playing regular doesn't have much appeal either when you reach a soft power cap and there's no new content. It's a major issue with the genre which I think newer ARPGs are doing a pretty good job solving these days.

    Yep, D3 is getting long in the tooth with some people. Glad that you did find some other games in the genre that scratch your itch.

    oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I would like to be playing more im just working so much at the moment

    PSN: AWATTT66| XBox Live: AWATTT66| Steam: AL-WAT| Battle.Net: ALWATTS #1320
    Origin: aiwatt| Switch: SW-8499-0918-5960
    forty
  • KasynKasyn Registered User regular
    My GR70 seasonal primal was a Lord Greenstone's Fan. Not complaining, but it's a little awkward to build around, especially as I try to adapt my Natalya's Strafe setup.

    I finished leveling a seasonal Necro, too, and got a Primal Scythe of the Cycle within a few minutes of hitting 70. Not a bad start!

    Noggin
  • E.CoyoteE.Coyote Registered User regular
    My primal was blackthorne's amulet. =P

    Betsuni
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Every Diablo 3 player completing their first solo GR70:

    igotarock.jpg

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    NogginKlatuE.CoyoteKalTorakHexDexBetsuniPoketpixiem!ttensSealTynnan3clipseKasynDyvim TvarYoutubeWraithvergeBucketman
  • Genji-GlovesGenji-Gloves Registered User regular
    Sooo I just got my first seasonal set and have no idea which set to pick. My seasonal crusader got the unlocks but I’m sure if the set is good in comparison to the other classes, Barbarian one looks pokey as does the monk.

    Also this is the third time (PC/PS4/Switch) I bought Diablo 3 and think this is the best I’ve done....so yay?!

    Betsuni
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    I had a lot of success (by my definition) with the Crusader set this season.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    swaylow
  • akjakakjak Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Disregard sets, acquire Legacy of Nightmares and like... 3 ancients. It’s funny and weird and effective.

    3DS Friend Code: 3737-9749-7483
    Puzzle&Dragons: 399,873,301
    Betsuni
  • CogCog Registered User regular
    So I had the itch to click a lot and picked this back up after a massive long time off.

    I play almost exclusively Wizard and had been doing the Firebirds / Arcane Torrent / Meteor channeling build with Deathwish & Etched Sigil. I was kinda stuck in the 40s for GRifts and not making any significant progress. I swapped to the Tal Rasha variant of the build and it made an unbelievable difference. Vastly more survivable and my damage went up an order of magnitude. I've gotten up to Grift 77 after just a couple of days, and can probably carry into the 80s fairly easily. I'm finishing 70s in 5-7 minutes.

    Main question I have is about Primal Legendary drops: They're just supposed to "be able" to drop now that I've done a 70 grift solo? Is there any other requirements? I had read when you finished your first 70 grift, that one was supposed to drop, but I didn't see one. Is that not a thing? Obviously they're absurdly rare so it's simply unlikely that one would have dropped, but I want to make sure I haven't missed a pre-requisite.

    Sub question, cannibalizing legendary gems for improving legendaries: Worth it for ancient legendaries, or save it for primals?

  • HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    edited February 2
    The free Primal only applies to the first solo GR70 you do of the season.

    It sounds like you did your GR70 with your older non seasonal character. That wont get you the free Primal.

    Now that you have done GR70 solo, you now have a "chance" for any given legendary or set item to be primal. A roughly 1% chance in fact.

    Using Caldesann's is really only worth it if you are trying to push hard into GR's. At this point I would say , if you aren't trying to break out of the 90's, dont worry about it. Your energy and resources are better spent on just getting better gear.

    I also wouldn't spend a legendary gem less than, eh, probably 70 right now, given how trivial GR80 has become.

    HexDex on
    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

    KlatuYoutube
  • CogCog Registered User regular
    Awesome, thanks for the info.

  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    I hate doing bounties so much.

    I god damn hate them.

  • KlatuKlatu Registered User regular
    edited February 3
    Join one of the bounty communities. Makes it easier.

    edit: ie it makes it easier in that you can usually get quick groups to do split bounties and doing 1 act of bounties is easier than 5.

    Klatu on
    Steam id:Klatu - PS id: Klatu_PA - 3DS FC: 0920-0528-6680
    fortyHexDex
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    even just public bounty games usually go pretty well

    PSN: AWATTT66| XBox Live: AWATTT66| Steam: AL-WAT| Battle.Net: ALWATTS #1320
    Origin: aiwatt| Switch: SW-8499-0918-5960
    KlatufortyYoutubeHexDex
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Yes, never do bounty runs solo.

    The best card in Hearthstone is your credit card.
    YoutubeHexDexJormungandr
  • RussadRussad MARegistered User regular
    Was playing on the Switch last night and did a quick match bounty game. I had finished 3 bounties and had just killed a gel gobbo on my way to the fourth when the host disconnected.

    When it migrates to a new host, it completely resets on you. Lost the goblin loot, no act bounties completed.

  • HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    Oh, and I missed a question from Cog.

    Yes, worth it for Ancients, if you are at the point where you are using caldesann's in the first place.

    Primals are RARE, you won't want to try and wait to get a primal before using Caldesann's.

    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

  • NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Even before primals, Diablo already loved to troll and give you a 1% better ancient right after you dumped a giant gem to augment the same item.

    So really, using your augments before primals increases your chances of getting one!! /s

    Battletag: Noggin#1936 || PSN > Noggin37 < Origin (Anthem) || Steam
    HexDexforty
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    Russad wrote: »
    Was playing on the Switch last night and did a quick match bounty game. I had finished 3 bounties and had just killed a gel gobbo on my way to the fourth when the host disconnected.

    When it migrates to a new host, it completely resets on you. Lost the goblin loot, no act bounties completed.

    Next time, be the host :P

    Dyvim Tvar
  • RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Huh, I thought stash tabs capped out at 2 full sets, but I fully completed the season journey this time which I haven't done in....a while, and now I have a tab on a 3rd set? can you have 15 total now?

Sign In or Register to comment.