As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Spirit Barrage WD is good and fun. I don’t have the new set yet (3/6), but just having Gazing Demise makes your phantasms super good, and from lvl 59 on Manitou will shred everything in sight. AlWat and I both ran it and blitzed to 70 by like 10:30.

And once you get Barber, the Manitou starts triggering explosions all over the place.

Plus it just looks cool.

Yes, thanks to you and @Al_wat we (Zero, HexDex and I) got to 70 really fast as well. Plus thanks to Al's carry we got the T1 bounties done as well. The sparkles almost made me want to roll a WD as well... Then I remembered that I would have to learn how to play one and know why I chose DH for life.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    I'm going to roll up a Necro and join the season.

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    Witch Doctor is stupid OP... my son and I hit 70 last night before we went to bed without any outside help and we've never done that before. I actually trashed my last Hadrigs gift pieces when I got it cause I already had the new WD set up and now we doing Torment 12 like it's no big thing.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    I started a WD!
    We'll see how this goes

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Yeah I haven't even claimed my haedrigs yet, I'm going to do it on an alt. Undecided which class.

• Options
    KrieghundKrieghund Registered User regular
    LOL, Witch Doctor here as well. I hadn't played him in forever and just rolled the dice. Got to 21 on master so far. Also, the Necro challenge rift is BS.

• Options
    It is so nice seeing the WD getting love for once. Just need @Klatu to come out and play.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    crimsoncoyotecrimsoncoyote Registered User regular
    So my second gamble at level 1 was the spirit barrage offhand. Things are looking good so far :biggrin:

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I still need ring of emptiness, but just about everything else is acquired.

Maybe I can rope zerosuni into some bounties tomorrow for gems/crimson’s... :razz:

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options

Maybe I can rope zerosuni into some bounties tomorrow for gems/crimson’s... :razz:

Since I now have Shadow somewhat working and Zero has Nat/Mar going that might be possible.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    So my second gamble at level 1 was the spirit barrage offhand. Things are looking good so far :biggrin:

I got it at like level 15 myself. I can't score a piece of mundunugu to save my life though. I've got 2/6 Jade Harvester, 4/6 Zuni, 3/6 Helltooth, and the full 6 from Haedrig's.

Though I have landed a nice ancient RoRG.

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited March 2020

I'm using Obsidian Ring of the Zodiac instead... maybe you need the Ring of Emptiness at higher levels for the Rift bosses for the added damage but having my Spirit Walk being nearly always up when mowing through the mobs is a lot better in my opinion.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I have it now and definitely don’t feel the need for it. Only really noticed it against elites in 4-player t16 split bounties.

Probably be just fine without it once I level a Zei’s

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    is the axe transmog from the monthly event only available on certain difficulties? Or is it like what google says a year or two ago where it's only there the last week? I did the event, but no chest.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    RNGsus heard my prayer, Kadala has given me 3 Mundu pieces and I'm but 2 small pieces away from a Manitou machine gun from hell. With Horror and Spirt Walk and Illusory Boots cubed I fly around the map faster than my DH and monk, I'm in love.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    PoketpixiePoketpixie Siege Registered User regular
    Yeah that new WD set is da bomb. I'm still a bit fragile but the damage output is insane. It's my new favorite thing for laying waste to packs of goblins....or anything else really.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    I've hit a big ol fat wall at T7 on my WD this season.

Shards are giving me everything other than what I want/need, legendary gems aren't giving me enough of a push to help either. RNGesus has also deemed me unworthy of even thinking about getting one, let alone two, Unity drops so the inherent squishiness of the WD is really my biggest stumbling block right now. I'm relying on the Arachnyr set from the journey, and while the damage I can put out is sexy, it needs too get in too close to not get insta-gibbed by pretty much any enemy higher than T7 or GR30. I'm working on getting the new set, but I'm only 3/6, and no dice on a rrog yet.

I feel like I hit a very similar spot last season on Necro and had to level a WW Barb to push through (well, I did Crusader before Barb, after Necro, but I ended up not really caring for the playstyle much) to be able to easily farm shards and DB's to properly gear up the Necro. I'd rather not do that again. :( Maybe I'll just keep grinding and see about finishing the new set and even though it doesn't solve the squishiness problem, it does help the range problem. Luck just doesn't seem to be on my side, or at least wasn't yesterday.

EDIT: bleh, I knew I was rolling for bracers for a reason last night, but spaced it at some point (probably out of frustration of lack of progression, thinking I'd move toward Mundu instead; but if I could get that stack damage reduction bracer it'd make a huge difference for the gear I've already got. That and a Unity and I could push much higher than what I'm doing.

Do you have to re-complete GR70 to unlock primals each new season?

EDIT EDIT: Also, I find it odd that very few of the build suggestions I'm seeing for this season actually take any advantage of the seasonal feature of stacking cube stuff. It's making it feel a lot less interesting than last seasons stacking streak buff. Maybe there just aren't enough affixes that are on the same gear type that interact with sets, to need more than one of each type?

EDIT3: And I know this isn't a hot take, but I hate convention of elements and the playstyle it requires. It isn't fun to have to just run around like an idiot waiting for the few second window of the "correct" element to do the dps you want, before having to repeat and wait till it cycles around. I wish it weren't a thing.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    Cube stacking was great for me with my WD while working on gathering all the end game build pieces... was able to use a big two handed weapon and then had a cubed The Barber and Gazing Demise that I'd gotten before I hit 70.

I just switched over to an actual Barber and Gazing Demise on char and the Havester and Mask of Jeram in Cube. I was also running Aquilla's in my cube for a while before I got everything I needed.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    TDWH are you on PC or console? Can you link your gear/build/stats?

• Options
    is the axe transmog from the monthly event only available on certain difficulties? Or is it like what google says a year or two ago where it's only there the last week? I did the event, but no chest.

If it is the anniversary event then yeah I think I remember that there is a specific time for certain items to drop or work. Honestly I can't remember what the axe is though off the top of my head.

As for the other info you are talking about. Yes, you have to run a 70 again if you are doing the season. I haven't run WD so no idea how strong they are, but I thought once any class has the set it built somewhat correctly it should be able to run at least a T10. But if you are missing key elements like weapons or offhands then yeah T7 might be your limit right now.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Managed to get my wizard functional at T16 with Vyrs. Despite starting with WD, I saved my haedrigs for the Wiz which really helped get it online.

Tips for starting with WD but don't have the new set together yet: I used LoD with spirit barrage until I was able to get the set together. You prob won't be able to do T16 like this unless you had really good gear (by which point you most likely have the set anyways), but it can get you going for sure. Look for the spirit barrage items, and any legendary that boosts survivability or DPS. Prioritize ancients as they give a higher dmg boost to the LoD gem if it has been leveled to at least 25.

• Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    TDWH wrote:
    Do you have to re-complete GR70 to unlock primals each new season?
    Yep.

Edit: Whoops didn't see your answer there Betsuni.

forty on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    Incindium wrote: »
    Cube stacking was great for me with my WD while working on gathering all the end game build pieces... was able to use a big two handed weapon and then had a cubed The Barber and Gazing Demise that I'd gotten before I hit 70.

I just switched over to an actual Barber and Gazing Demise on char and the Havester and Mask of Jeram in Cube. I was also running Aquilla's in my cube for a while before I got everything I needed.

I'd love a Barber but the game wants me to only have all the Sacred Harvester and Spider Queen's Grasps in the universe.
    TDWH are you on PC or console? Can you link your gear/build/stats?

Um? I'm not sure. I think this is it? Doesn't look like their profiles are set up to show the season Cube. I've got a Vile Hive in the third slot. I haven't gotten any other drops that are relevant for using in the cube, so I just threw on the broken crown for more gems at the moment.

I'd love to replace my weapon, it's the same one I used for leveling, but again, luck is not on my side. While I have gotten several Sacred Harvester's, they're not great damage and mojo's seem non existent anyway. :rotate:

Maybe I'd be better off, for now, just dropping the set, and aiming for leveling LoD? E: that seems to be advised, thanks, I'll look into that later tonight.

EDIT: My damage is not a problem. I know, dps wise, I can do a higher torment/rift level that I'm currently doing (t7/30ish), but even if I've got full stacks of Soul Harvest I get killed in one hit by even random trash. Also, as far as I can tell, Spirit Vessel isn't putting me in the spirit realm, it just triggers then I'm dead again. And I haven't rerolled any of my gear because I'm perpetually out of materials trying to upgrade rares to get a barber.

EDIT2: Maybe I should switch out my topaz's for amethyst's and see how that goes.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    I just logged on and momentarily saw a popup thing saying achievements and seasonal journeys are unavailable. I'm not seeing anything about it being down anywhere else though, and I can still see my achievements and journey.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    You could try amethyst in helm for now, and enchant** all of these... pants: toads, belt: dart, gloves: rcr, shoulders: army... to vitality. That's like 60% more hp before you even put in the amethyst. More hp is always good, but your 4pc restores 10% of max hp per second, so even better. More hp = more healing.

Locust Swarm Cloud of Insects would reduce enemy damage. Spirit walk Jaunt gives you longer immunity. Hex angry chicken could replace the speed had with severance and has a decent explosion when you pop out of it.

Spend some blood shards on mojo's and DB's upgrading for another knife, and things should start coming together.

edit: **missed your edit. I'd say take a couple rifts and sort out the life, then go back to upgrades. Early season resource tip: save rares from the ground that you want to upgrade, continually crafting new daggers will devour mats that could have been enchants.

Noggin on
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    I have secured 5/6 Mundu and I am become death. Running 5pcs of Mundu with 2pcs of Zuni with RoRG. I use the timerless Fetish army to secure the speed boost via Fierce Loyalty and they act as handy distractions for succubi and wasps while my Manitou lays down the DPS. Got an ancient Voo's Juicer as my primary and have the phantasm off-hand cubed, so besides hitting like a truck my barrage also tops off life and mana and is rocking 4 runes worth of effect.

I can face roll T12, but 14-16 has lots of one shot risk, so I'm concentrating on 12 for farming and have soloed up to GR 60 and am paragon 230 already. This is the most fun season I've done.

BlackDragon480 on
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    As I kind of suspected, one upgrade made a night and day difference. Got a Lakumba's Ornament, and I breezed through to GR 45, around which I got a Barber and the rest of the Mundu set and switched to that and...

Um..

It's pretty pretty pretty good.

Went through GR 69 last night without any difficulty, didn't do 70 because I ran out of keystones and it was too late to continue. Being able to do that high will make upgrading gems a lot easier, even if that's the limit for now, to get me moving on. I think I'm going to hit a wall like before due to survivability, but if I can get another Unity, I should be good to push further, as the DPS is absolutely absurd.

EDIT: Locust Swarm is weirdly inconsistent, or I just don't get it, maybe both. Its initial spread doesn't do much damage, but if there's any decent amount of enemies, it bounces back through and does a ton of damage. Sometimes, particularly at lower difficulties, it will just spread and kill faster than I can keep up with before it gets too far away and disappears. But then sometimes, even with high density, it just bounces away and doesn't return, and I can't figure out why. I mean, it provides the buff from ring of nothingness either way, so with the Mundu set, the souls will wreck anything anyway; but with the Arachnyr set sometimes it'd do all the work, but then on the same enemies/density sometimes it wouldn't and I'd need to get in there with firebats. I think if I got the firebat staff to cube, I could have gone a lot further with Arachnyr, but mana just became too much of an issue without giving up other utility, and I barely ever tap into my pool with the Mundu set.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited March 2020
    Breezed through a T13 rift, like it was normal difficulty...

As soon as I could get up my stacks of Soul Harvest for the Lakumba's.

The irony of the damage I can do is that I'm constantly wiffing with SH because Spirit Walking into packs to try to tag them with it, when I have Spirit Barrage up, they frequently die before I can get a cast off. So it's become not a game of killing enemies, but racing to not have the stacks fall off, even with the damn near instant recast due to Grave Injustice. Shit just dies too fast. Rift Guardian was dead the moment it spawned.

Because if I don't have the damage reduction from Lakumba's up I get gibbed by a passing glance by any ol enemy.

Regardless, this set really is nuts.

EDIT: Hmmm, just got the Manajuma set. I wonder if I can work it to fit in the chicken without losing too much damage from other stuff. EDIT2: not without Unity, I'd have to lose Sacred Harvester and 5 stacks isn't enough to survive, and I'd have to lose either barber or mask of jeram to put gazing demise in the cube. Hrm. E3: oh wait, if I can get another ring of nothingness to drop I think it could work, that'd free up a cube slot.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    I should have gone WD instead of Necro.

• Options
    HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    edited March 2020
    If you are on PC, we can get you a WD leveled up, and probably plenty enough gear to get you started in like... 30 minutes. The longer you have, the more gear you can get.

Do not feel at all locked into any class.

Edit* Seriously, the leveling up to 70 process takes like 10 minutes tops, and just soaking up loot for an evening will likely gear up one or two specs. This can be done in consoles too, but fewer of us are playing there so it may be harder to find someone who can carry you but its valid.

Seriously this can be you right now:

https://imgur.com/gallery/UuedhQX

HexDex on
    If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• Options
    edited March 2020
    for some reason i am getting like 1800 ping in Diablo right now. I'm not sure if its on my end or theirs? I don't seem to be having problems anywhere else.

edit: based on pinging random websites, it seems like it is not on my end.

edit2: and just like that its fine again. Complaining on the forums works!

edit3: and its fucked again. Complaining on the forums is an extremely short term fix!

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Anyone wanting a power level on Xbone, I'll be available to sheppard/sherpa this coming weekend GT is BlackDragon1066

I will use that time to have my fly Voodoo Priestess Nadia demonstrate to you the joy that is Spirit Barrage and nearly 300% movement speed plowing through a rift like a Cuisinart of death.

~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »
    for some reason i am getting like 1800 ping in Diablo right now. I'm not sure if its on my end or theirs? I don't seem to be having problems anywhere else.

edit3: and its fucked again. Complaining on the forums is an extremely short term fix!
    You just have to keep complaining.

• Options
    Well now my complaint is that I have to go to work soon enough that I don't have time to play today.

Tomorrow though, tomorrow!

• Options
    Welp, got some good upgrades and changed some stuff out and I can now breeze through T16 without constantly being at risk of being insta-killed (Soul Harvest stacks or no), and am pretty sturdy in fact. Just the usual dumb triggers Spirit Vessel like standing in a beam. :rotate: Not sure how far I can get in GR's, probably not much further without more ancients.

The conquests this season are going to be rough, as several of them are going to more or less require either playing in a group (boss rush, 350 cursed chest kills) or leveling multiple characters and collecting sets (the new sets aren't on the list). I got the solo 75GR one done at least, gotta figure out what I'm going to do with the other 2. But, aside from those two all I have left on the journey is gem leveling stuff. Should be able to knock those out pretty easily.

• Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    Al_wat wrote: »

6 hours later is seems to have completely shit the bed and is offline?

• Options
    DixonDixon Screwed...possibly doomed CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2020
    Yeah I was getting weird lag, got kicked, I can get back in but only for a few minutes, can chat to people though when in.

I wonder if it's just the extra strain of everyone at home with the cod players in there.

Dixon on
  • Options
    RanlinRanlin Oh gosh Registered User regular
    I can connect and play now, but my friends list is borked and talking in clan chat says no one in clan online to hear me.

• Options
    WraithvergeWraithverge Registered User regular
    Switch is working fine. I finally got my WW barb up to snuff. My brother and I can easily plow through 80 Grift (he's running the hydra wiz) and I LOVE Diablo at this level. T16 farming is a drop every few seconds. This new Ambo's pride meta for WW is insane. I used to think WW was fun but this is crazy.

• Options
    edited March 2020
    @HexDex thanks for the offer, I may take you up on it.

EDIT: also, nice DDoS they have going on.

Feldorn on
This discussion has been closed.