As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    DelduwathDelduwath Registered User regular
    Either I'm not good enough to make this clone-leveling thing work well, or it's been nerfed, or the YouTubers liiiiiiiiied. The videos I watched were like "Just put it on T6, the clones will clear screenfuls and you don't even need armor as you won't even get hit", except what actually happens is that the clone kills a couple of mobs, then five times as many come in from off-screen, the clone's best spells are on cooldown and it does no damage, one of the many mobs now on-screen easily lands a hit and one-shots me, and now me and the clone are dead. I'll grant you, I went from level 1 to 10 in the blink of an eye, but after that it's been incredibly slow going. I think I'll drop down a few Torments to see if it works any better.

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    edited November 2020
    Delduwath wrote: »
    Either I'm not good enough to make this clone-leveling thing work well, or it's been nerfed, or the YouTubers liiiiiiiiied. The videos I watched were like "Just put it on T6, the clones will clear screenfuls and you don't even need armor as you won't even get hit", except what actually happens is that the clone kills a couple of mobs, then five times as many come in from off-screen, the clone's best spells are on cooldown and it does no damage, one of the many mobs now on-screen easily lands a hit and one-shots me, and now me and the clone are dead. I'll grant you, I went from level 1 to 10 in the blink of an eye, but after that it's been incredibly slow going. I think I'll drop down a few Torments to see if it works any better.

Get a legendary or two. They did change it to where you don't have to have any for them to do something; but they still seem to scale a lot with legendaries. I had nothing and slogged to 16, then put on several I gambled for and they're just clearing everything instantly. EDIT: on T6

Anyone else having their game crash constantly? I've never really had a problem with D3 before but tonight I've crashed easily half dozen times in the past hour.

The Dude With Herpes on
    Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    I used clones to finish up my levels this morning, the key is going to very specific areas and letting them do all the work. Act 1 cemetery, Leoric’s and southern... act 2 howling... act 3 tower of the cursed... and act 4 lower infernal.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    Managed to get to 70 and then we did a normal split bounty before i had to go to bed.

Got a rorg out of it which is convenient!

Ill be able to play an hour or two tonight. See if i can get the complete haedrig or not

• Options
    I only got to 65 before it was too late and the crashing every 3 teleports got too much. There's a massive thread in the bug report forum with people having the same problems that at least Blizz has acknowledged.

The shadows definitely trivialize leveling, if you can get them to behave. They're super buggy, sometimes just straight up disappearing for no apparent reason, moments after being summoned. At least with the Crusader shadows, there's a wide swath of usefulness between the types, too. I mean, they all kill, but some just do it substantially more slowly.

It's effective, but if I level Hardcore at all this season, I sure as hell won't be relying on them. For softcore, it's basically use them till you die or their timer is up, and that's not an option on hardcore. It didn't help that my first upgrade on Crusader this season was the stupid flail that increases steed duration and not like, anything actually useful for leveling. :rotate: Fortunately I did get the shield/bracers for hammer with shards, but not having a decent weapon in the cube is rough. I think if I did hardcore, it would not be Crusader, it'd be something like Necro that, while I'm kinda sick of, is more guaranteed to get something that is going to give you a good start.

I just wish the crashing would stop!

• Options
    edited November 2020
    Cool. Ran a scan/repair via battle.net and spat out an error. Now the game says "update" but every time I do it fails. :rotate:

EDIT: guess I'll just reinstall. Something is f'd up with things on their side. I started watching my task manager when I was playing and everytime it crashed it was directly linked to times where my network activity went through the roof. Fairly sure it's nothing on my side, I'm not having any problems with any other games or programs on this PC or any of our devices.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    edited November 2020
    qWV8qpK.jpg

This has been my day, how about you? :lol:

meanwhile I finished Haedrig, and I can't seem to get Darklight or Khassets, but I've gotten every single Blessed Hammer legendary, but not a single piece of Rolands. :rotate:

EDIT: not rolands; whatever the hammer one is. Light.

The Dude With Herpes on

• Options
    SaldonasSaldonas See you space cowboy...Registered User regular
    I had a pretty slow and miserable start on my necro. My first upgrade from a 2 handed scythe came out as the bloodtide blade.

Then after hitting level cap, so did the next three scythe upgrades! Leveling with death nova wasn't very fun.

Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/carthuun
    Switch: SW-1493-0062-4053
  • Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Thanks to the @HexDex power leveling service we are almost set for DH. Didn't even need to use the Haedrig Gift and have pretty much all the sets. Just the minor getting the correct gear now.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    I ran some bounties during lunch to finally cube a RoRG, crafted ancient crimsons without too much trouble, then rerolled a pretty good 80% band of might (to wear instead of ObZod) and a passable flavor of time.

Then jewbacca and I tore through a 90 in 2:10. The real Spin to Win starts here.

• Options
    Noggin wrote: »
    I ran some bounties during lunch to finally cube a RoRG, crafted ancient crimsons without too much trouble, then rerolled a pretty good 80% band of might (to wear instead of ObZod) and a passable flavor of time.

Then jewbacca and I tore through a 90 in 2:10. The real Spin to Win starts here.

Wow! That's crazy... How high are you going to push?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    No set goal in mind, although after sinking a ton of time into the past PoE league I’m feeling more motivated to continue on past the journey.

I kept saying I wanted to push a d3 season harder and not actually getting around to it, but now I have three different barb sets to mess with so that might help. Plus I’ll need at least one more class.

• Options
    No set goal in mind, although after sinking a ton of time into the past PoE league I’m feeling more motivated to continue on past the journey.

I kept saying I wanted to push a d3 season harder and not actually getting around to it, but now I have three different barb sets to mess with so that might help. Plus I’ll need at least one more class.

Sooo, you'll play more than one more month is what I'm hearing?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Betsuni wrote: »

Do we usually even make it that long? I’m interested in trying to play more than the usual couple weeks at least. If anyone is still around with me, all the better.

• Options
    edited November 2020

Do we usually even make it that long? I’m interested in trying to play more than the usual couple weeks at least. If anyone is still around with me, all the better.

Oh right, usually it is only two weekends worth then everybody disappears to other games.

Edit: We might be playing a bit longer than normal since we don't stay online as long as we used to thanks to the dog. She's older now so we tend to spoil her more by not forcing her to sleep on the floor or in the puppy bed while we game on the desktops.

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Finally got my wizard a somewhat okay hydra build going. Still a little jank in my setup, but I'm clearing 90s with minimal effort. could probably do 100 already.

The power creep is real.

The only downside with this is it isn't really conducive to speed runs. Oh well, before long I'll have gear to make a speed build too!

• Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Thanks to the sale I finally upgraded to Reaper of Souls, so now I can stop grinding paragon levels via running the campaign over and over again.

Now to really level up my wizard so I can look at real builds beyond my electric blender build.

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    Thanks to the sale I finally upgraded to Reaper of Souls, so now I can stop grinding paragon levels via running the campaign over and over again.

Now to really level up my wizard so I can look at real builds beyond my electric blender build.

Yikes. I didn't know that the Adventure mode came with RoS.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    fortyforty Registered User regular
    This sounds more hellish than anything portrayed in the Diablo universe.

• Options
    forty wrote: »
    This sounds more hellish than anything portrayed in the Diablo universe.

Eh, I'd do it like a half hour at a time on my lunch breaks (thanks to work from home).

• Options
    Oh hey, leveling in Seasonal Adventure mode is so much better.

I uh, also managed to upgrade rares to my Serpent's Sparkler and Winter Flurry whee.

• Options

I uh, also managed to upgrade rares to my Serpent's Sparkler and Winter Flurry whee.

You should join the Clan(?) thing to play with us. Seasons are even more fun with others.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

You should join the Clan(?) thing to play with us. Seasons are even more fun with others.

Definitely not against it, I've joined the PAF community but I don't think I've seen too many other people on there.

• Options

Definitely not against it, I've joined the PAF community but I don't think I've seen too many other people on there.

Yeah sadly it would be easier to coordinate being online with someone who can invite you. We found it easier to add you as a friend then hoping online and getting it done. Can pm your username or post it here.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    I just watched Lord Fluffy's twitch stream and he soloed a 115 in like 3 minutes with necro

he is doing 115's as speed runs

jesus

Al_wat on
  • Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    I just watched Lord Fluffy's twitch stream and he soloed a 115 in like 3 minutes with necro

he is doing 115's as speed runs

jesus

So you making a Necro now?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Im a least somewhat tempted after witnessing that, but im not sure how much steam i have left

• Options
    Im a least somewhat tempted after witnessing that, but im not sure how much steam i have left

Maybe next season then?

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

Maybe next season then?

The 4th cube slot is probably pretty important to the build. We'll see! Im working today and tomorrow and then have a whole bunch of time off so its quite possible

• Options
    Bone spear is good fun. I’m really glad necros got that set. It was already fun last season but the new bracers are amazing.

I’m tempted to make one too, since I had fun with the one last season but didn’t really push it because of HC mode. I might just save it though, barb is a lot of fun and coming together. I’m gradually increasing what level I can do in 2-3 minutes with BK/nems, and occasionally pushing higher with istvan/morticks. I’m kinda just playing here and there this time while I play other games, which seems to be keeping it fun so far.

• Options

Maybe next season then?

The 4th cube slot is probably pretty important to the build. We'll see! Im working today and tomorrow and then have a whole bunch of time off so its quite possible
    Bone spear is good fun. I’m really glad necros got that set. It was already fun last season but the new bracers are amazing.

I’m tempted to make one too, since I had fun with the one last season but didn’t really push it because of HC mode. I might just save it though, barb is a lot of fun and coming together. I’m gradually increasing what level I can do in 2-3 minutes with BK/nems, and occasionally pushing higher with istvan/morticks. I’m kinda just playing here and there this time while I play other games, which seems to be keeping it fun so far.

There you go! You two can make Necros together and speed run 115s together. Then drag me along for fun and profit! Win-win!

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Hmm, the 4th cube slot argument is somewhat compelling. Necro’s get so much benefit from cube-based themes.

Edit: plus my barb already found half the spear set and a haunted visions, haha

Noggin on
  • Options
    Going from Torment 6 to Torment 10 for my Sorceress has so far meant the following:

Everything dies just as fast

I blink and I have 5 paragon levels

Those chonky undead that blow up into eels after they die? Yeah, don’t stand anywhere near that explosion

• Options
    Going from Torment 6 to Torment 10 for my Sorceress has so far meant the following:

Those chonky undead that blow up into eels after they die? Yeah, don’t stand anywhere near that explosion

Yeah, they have been nicknamed "poppers" in our house. Mainly because they pop and then you do. Also the arcane turrets (I think that's what they are called) are called lasers and the "ice bombs". All are things that get a character killed.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular
    edited December 2020
    This is the season to go Necro guys. The Bone Spear set is the gifted one and the 4th cube slot is the killer app for this build. It's super versatile too. For example, here's my no generator farming build:

Gear
    -Masquerade set
    -Gelmindor's Marrow Guards
    -Haunted Visions/ Trapped
    -Goldwrap
    -SoJ/ Zei's
    -Avarice/ Boon
    -Soul of the Cycle
    -Stormshield

Cube
    -Maltorius' Spike
    -Reaper's Wraps
    -Brigg's Wrath
    -Stuart's Greaves

Skills
    -Frailty/ the one that makes it an aura
    -Devour/ the one that makes it an aura
    -Blood Rush/ the one that gives an extra charge
    -Simulacrum/ Reservoir
    -Bone Spear/ Blighted Marrow
    -Bone Armor/ Dislocation

Passives
    -Serration
    -Stand Alone
    -Life from Death
    -Overwhelming Essence

The idea here is that once you kill your first pack of anything you should have enough essence refills to teleport around, auto-group enemies with Brigg's Wrath, and continue killing. The auto-Devour you have going also generates health globes thanks to Life from Death, and the globes refill your essence as well as heal you thanks to the Reaper's Wraps. The piercing damage bonus you get from Blighted Marrow means you'll frequently teleport to an already dead group of enemies whose corpses are ready to fill you up and send you on to the next batch. The health globe pickup bonus you get from chaining Avarice Band w/ a lvl50 Boon means as you go along it gets quicker and easier, and the armor bonus Goldwrap grants nets you the damage reduction you'd otherwise have from Dayntee's Binding and Razeth's Volition, which you use in the GR push build.

This build is really easy to play and very fun. The only problem I've run into is going into Greed's room with an empty essence globe. Had to suicide and come back fully loaded. Other than that it's a cakewalk. I'm farming T16 at like P650 or so and I'm able to use a Ruby in my helmet instead of a Topaz to squeeze a little extra exp out. I'm playing this on the Switch fwiw.

HeraldS on
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular

Yeah, they have been nicknamed "poppers" in our house. Mainly because they pop and then you do. Also the arcane turrets (I think that's what they are called) are called lasers and the "ice bombs". All are things that get a character killed.

Fatties and lasers for my son and I. Don't have a nickname for ice ones but ice bombs works nicely.

steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    Okay. Project Necro is a go!

I've got it to 70 and thanks to hand-me-down gear from the wiz, rando stuff in cube, and leveled up gems (LoD), I can do T6 (maybe even a bit higher) with a jank ass build.

Maybe I can be speed running >100's by later tonight?

• Options

I've got it to 70 and thanks to hand-me-down gear from the wiz, rando stuff in cube, and leveled up gems (LoD), I can do T6 (maybe even a bit higher) with a jank ass build.

Farming 115s by tomorrow.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    HeraldSHeraldS Registered User regular

I did a 94 before I had gems or rings. This set is mean.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    HeraldS wrote: »

I did a 94 before I had gems or rings. This set is mean.

what

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
This discussion has been closed.