As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

This Diablo thread is like 800x600, bleh

• Options
    BetsuniBetsuni UM-R60L Talisker IVRegistered User regular
    Noggin wrote: »
    Incindium wrote: »
    Anyone else going to be trying out Magic Legends which goes open beta today? Hopefully it'll give me something fun to play until D2R is released.

I’d not heard of it, but that camera rotation weirds me out. That’s like, against the rules or something!

I’ve been hearing about Last Epoch again, which also seems promising, but looks to still be early access for quite a while.
    Betsuni wrote: »
    I’m torn between doing something with an interesting LoD opener since it’s a nice change of pace, where you can kinda ignore the journey starting out... or blasting right into it with UE or Tals.

Maybe back to wiz after all, they have some LoD options.

Do a 180 and go WD.

Spirit Barrage can be fun! But the rest of the class... oof. Feels like you have to work harder but also make less progress.

The multi-leaderboard has me thinking about this a bit differently.... might be fun to try to push with more than one set/LoD.

I figured that the WD would be a challenge to push thus making you play longer.

oosik_betsuni.png
    Steam: betsuni7
  • Options
    NogginNoggin Registered User regular
    Ah I see. I actually did play it a few seasons ago when it was new, so trying to see if there’s anything that would be more fresh, or at least changed since I last played it, or a class with more than one option that’s fun.

DH ticks a lot of those boxes since I’ve not seriously played one since season 16, haven’t played GoD on live, and that’s like 3 or 4 different leaderboards I could run on.

It’s been even longer since I’d pushed wiz and Crusader, but I don’t think they’ve changed that much. Still pretty defined by akarats and channeling, respectively.

Battletag: Noggin#1936
  • Options
    Ah I see. I actually did play it a few seasons ago when it was new, so trying to see if there’s anything that would be more fresh, or at least changed since I last played it, or a class with more than one option that’s fun.

DH ticks a lot of those boxes since I’ve not seriously played one since season 16, haven’t played GoD on live, and that’s like 3 or 4 different leaderboards I could run on.

It’s been even longer since I’d pushed wiz and Crusader, but I don’t think they’ve changed that much. Still pretty defined by akarats and channeling, respectively.

I didn't realize you haven't run a DH in ages. Yeah, you should try out the new set. Heck, I liked it (prior to this patch) and you know me. I tend to only stick with Shadow or UE.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    Anyone else going to be trying out Magic Legends which goes open beta today? Hopefully it'll give me something fun to play until D2R is released.

I’d not heard of it, but that camera rotation weirds me out. That’s like, against the rules or something!

I’ve been hearing about Last Epoch again, which also seems promising, but looks to still be early access for quite a while.
    I’m torn between doing something with an interesting LoD opener since it’s a nice change of pace, where you can kinda ignore the journey starting out... or blasting right into it with UE or Tals.

Do a 180 and go WD.

Spirit Barrage can be fun! But the rest of the class... oof. Feels like you have to work harder but also make less progress.

The multi-leaderboard has me thinking about this a bit differently.... might be fun to try to push with more than one set/LoD.

I installed and started playing The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing last weekend. It's actually quite fun with some interesting tweaks for an ARPG that I wasn't expecting for a game that old.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options

I didn't realize you haven't run a DH in ages. Yeah, you should try out the new set. Heck, I liked it (prior to this patch) and you know me. I tend to only stick with Shadow or UE.

Sold! Ya, it’s been a long time... never combo’d CC/UE, nor tried the shadow buffs.

Do a 180 and go WD.

I installed and started playing The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing last weekend. It's actually quite fun with some interesting tweaks for an ARPG that I wasn't expecting for a game that old.

I should try this again. I had started the mech suit guy and it seemed cool, but ran poorly on my previous computer.

• Options
    Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    In a surprising twist, I'm definitely running wiz

Also I actually don't work the opening weekend for once!

• Options
    Al_wat wrote: »
    In a surprising twist, I'm definitely running wiz

Also I actually don't work the opening weekend for once!

Ok, something is wrong. Al running a Wiz at start AND he's not working? I sense a trap.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    What is Monk looking like these days? I picked up a copy of this on Switch so I’m building myself back up to my former PC glory

• Options
    Joolander wrote: »
    What is Monk looking like these days? I picked up a copy of this on Switch so I’m building myself back up to my former PC glory

Sunwuko or Legacy of Dreams Wave of Light still going strong. Sunwuko or Pursuit of Justice tempest rush are both really fun. Uliana’s Exploding Palm is also pretty good!

The generator builds have fallen out of favor.

• Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    I really enjoy the Tempest Rush builds

Not sure what to run. I mained DH in season 21 and Wizard (with a generous helping of Necro) in 22

Monk and Crusader are both up my alley... any recommendations?

Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Hmm, PoJ Monk was fairly recent so maybe Crusader if it's between those two and you value swapping classes like I do.

Crusader has pretty wide options between Roland Sweep which is free (and apparently pretty good!), Akkhan/Invoker Bombardment which is fairly new/revamped, and of course the classics - Blessed Shield, Invoker, and Condemn. Hammerdin is a bit behind but still good.

• Options
    Yeah, Crusader seems to be more what I think I want right now

I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Looks like you found a Goblin Rift

I’ve come across a goblin rift only once, but yes they do exist

My first Rift was a Goblin one. It's kind of ruined all subsequent rifts for me. Never let your first time be that good.

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    For anyone that’s not heard of it yet, a bunch of content creators got together to create a site for Diablo news, guides, tier lists, etc. over at maxroll.gg.

Their build guides are extremely detailed, including variations and explanations for gameplay and item/skill choices.

If you’ve seen Rhykker’s tier lists before, they’re over here now and even allow you to highlight specific classes to see what’s considered “meta” and relative power level.

edit: Speaking of, here’s the current estimation for season 23, pending whatever Firebird buff seems to be on the way...
    https://maxroll.gg/tierlists/solo-tierlist

Noggin on
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    For anyone that’s not heard of it yet, a bunch of content creators got together to create a site for Diablo news, guides, tier lists, etc. over at maxroll.gg.

Their build guides are extremely detailed, including variations and explanations for gameplay and item/skill choices.

If you’ve seen Rhykker’s tier lists before, they’re over here now and even allow you to highlight specific classes to see what’s considered “meta” and relative power level.

edit: Speaking of, here’s the current estimation for season 23, pending whatever Firebird buff seems to be on the way...

Nice! Time to add that to the OP right?

Edit: So I can find it if I remember to look for it...

Betsuni on
    oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    I added a general link for it on the bottom, but I need to go back and add the tier list along with other season 23 things.

Probably tonight since it’s harder through phone.

• Options

I was just gonna come here to post that

Anyway, here’s Rhykker’s overview

https://youtu.be/EcIRs5qtJkE

• Options
    The Dude With HerpesThe Dude With Herpes Lehi, UTRegistered User regular
    maxroll is great and super useful, but if I have a complaint, it's that even if you filter for "solo" guides, they're often not really.

Or, I dunno, I guess more accurately, they can be so specific that they're not tailored toward wholly solo play, and feel more like what someone who plays with others all the time and has a lot more access to gearing, might do if they're playing alone.

This sounds more harsh than I intended it to. As I said, it's a great site, and really helpful. I'd recommend bluddshed.com for builds that are almost entirely solo focused, because that's how he largely plays. Though, he does have a lot of fans that just invite him for free bounties all the time, so he still has some multiplayer advantage. :lol:

I've got to decide what I'm going to start with this season. I was going to do necro or wizard, but then they went and undermined the set changes they had introduced. I might still do wizard, but I think I'm too frustrated by the potential Rathma had to be a good wholly pet focused set, had. I suppose, since I typically don't push past 100 or so, before I finish the journey and get burned out, it might be perfectly fine for that? I dunno. :rotate:

Hey does anyone have some serious performance problems specifically on the lava stages in Act 3, and the red colored heaven stages in Act 4? I can't figure out why my PC grinds to a halt in those, or what setting I might have on that would do it. My PC is absurdly more powerful than necessary to run anything D3 might throw at it. I do know that I never had problems with these stages before I changed from an Intel CPU to an AMD one last year, but I don't know why that would have mattered that much when the ryzen 3600 is substantially more powerful than my old 4700k.

Steam: Galedrid - XBL: Galedrid - PSN: Galedrid
    Origin: Galedrid - Nintendo: Galedrid/3222-6858-1045
    Blizzard: Galedrid#1367 - FFXIV: Galedrid Kingshand

• Options
    IncindiumIncindium Registered User regular
    edited March 2021
    maxroll is great and super useful, but if I have a complaint, it's that even if you filter for "solo" guides, they're often not really.

Or, I dunno, I guess more accurately, they can be so specific that they're not tailored toward wholly solo play, and feel more like what someone who plays with others all the time and has a lot more access to gearing, might do if they're playing alone.

This sounds more harsh than I intended it to. As I said, it's a great site, and really helpful. I'd recommend bluddshed.com for builds that are almost entirely solo focused, because that's how he largely plays. Though, he does have a lot of fans that just invite him for free bounties all the time, so he still has some multiplayer advantage. :lol:

I've got to decide what I'm going to start with this season. I was going to do necro or wizard, but then they went and undermined the set changes they had introduced. I might still do wizard, but I think I'm too frustrated by the potential Rathma had to be a good wholly pet focused set, had. I suppose, since I typically don't push past 100 or so, before I finish the journey and get burned out, it might be perfectly fine for that? I dunno. :rotate:

Hey does anyone have some serious performance problems specifically on the lava stages in Act 3, and the red colored heaven stages in Act 4? I can't figure out why my PC grinds to a halt in those, or what setting I might have on that would do it. My PC is absurdly more powerful than necessary to run anything D3 might throw at it. I do know that I never had problems with these stages before I changed from an Intel CPU to an AMD one last year, but I don't know why that would have mattered that much when the ryzen 3600 is substantially more powerful than my old 4700k.

I figured out not too long ago that having VSync on would result in Diablo 3 having periodic lag fest slowdowns(despite a top tier gaming PC)... No reason why it should but there is some weirdness in the engine evidently so maybe try playing changing your video settings and see if something like that is effecting you.

Incindium on
    steam_sig.png
    Nintendo ID: Incindium
    PSN: IncindiumX
  • Options
    NobodyNobody Registered User regular
    Down to literally just needing one more conquest to finish out the season

The 8 set dungeons could have worked, but I found out I’m short too many pieces of critical gear on both characters (at least, according to the guides) to get them all done in time.

My plan is to focus on the “bosses in 20 minutes” conquest using a Typhon wizard with a cubed Aether Walker for no cooldown teleport since the frost hydras tend to instagib most stuff in an eyeblink and it’s easy enough to retry if I fail.

• Options
    Nobody wrote: »
    Down to literally just needing one more conquest to finish out the season

The 8 set dungeons could have worked, but I found out I’m short too many pieces of critical gear on both characters (at least, according to the guides) to get them all done in time.

My plan is to focus on the “bosses in 20 minutes” conquest using a Typhon wizard with a cubed Aether Walker for no cooldown teleport since the frost hydras tend to instagib most stuff in an eyeblink and it’s easy enough to retry if I fail.

Boss Mode? We can help with that one. Just need to figure out a date/time this weekend to have us all log in. It will only take a few minutes to do it.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options
    Firebird 6pc (that had been nerfed from 4k to 2k) is now going to be 5k.

I live, I die, I live again!

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    this is an emotional rollercoaster

• Options
    Me: Alright, I'm going to practice the 20 min boss run, I'm not even going to stop to loot

Rainbow goblin: Sup

Me: Goddammit so much.

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular

well, they nerfed the 2p pretty hard though

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    Me: Alright, I'm going to practice the 20 min boss run, I'm not even going to stop to loot

Rainbow goblin: Sup

Me: Goddammit so much.

This was me doing the under 3 minutes Neph Rift challenge last season, every time
    It was both awesome and frustrating

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Thank you to the both of you for helping with that conquest run!

• Options
    Thank you to the both of you for helping with that conquest run!

Welcome! Glad we finally got it done and you in the Clan.

oosik_betsuni.png
  • Options

well, they nerfed the 2p pretty hard though

That was previously; all three bonuses were nerfed post-PTR so the build dropped hard. It needed a nerf, but not quite that much.

• Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    edited March 2021
    I'm sometimes as dense as osmium. Was looking to see how much shit I could scrounge up on Switch in the last couple of days of the season (only toon i rolled had been in my Series X) and have been lamenting being resource poor trying to rush through stuff so I was constantly outlevling my rings and amulets.

I have the Treasure Goblin amiibo so I have a guaranteed Vault portal on a 24 hour cool down. I could've been drowning in mats and gems.

And being an old school FB wiz main, there's no question what I'm rolling come Friday. You get a meter, you get a meteor, everybody gets a meteor and redonkulous DoT.

BlackDragon480 on
    No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    So can you get to greeds realm on Switch without an amiibo?

Edit: so as soon as I asked this, the game gave me a puzzle ring and so if anyone was wondering, the answer is yes

Joolander on
  • Options
    ZeroCowZeroCow Registered User regular
    Season 23 update is available now (at least on the PS4)

PSN ID - Buckeye_Bert
    Magic Online - Bertro
  • Options
    Updated on Switch as well. So many follower item slots!

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    Question for all you monk players

https://maxroll.gg/guides/sunwuko-tempest-rush-monk-guide

If I were doing that build for GR pushing, why would I cube Stone Gauntlets over Lefebvre’s Soliloquy? Wouldn’t that only serve to slow me down? Also, shouldn’t I want my toughness doubled BEFORE I get hit instead of just armor increased by half after I get hit?

• Options
    Question for all you monk players

https://maxroll.gg/guides/sunwuko-tempest-rush-monk-guide

If I were doing that build for GR pushing, why would I cube Stone Gauntlets over Lefebvre’s Soliloquy? Wouldn’t that only serve to slow me down? Also, shouldn’t I want my toughness doubled BEFORE I get hit instead of just armor increased by half after I get hit?

If using Ice Climbers on your follower works, it negates the negative effects of Stone Gauntlets and you only get the defensive buff. It looks like that is what the build guide does.

Typically you combine Stone Gauntlets with Ice Climbers or some other thing that negates movement penalty effects (I can't remember if there are any other than Ice Climbers but there could be).

• Options
    Ice Climbers do not Emanate, so that's a no go

There's absolutely no explanation for what Stone Gauntlets do in the Solo Push variant, but because the gameplay seems to consist of dragging huge packs around until you can detonate during CoE's cold cycle I'm going to guess that the fact that you will be slowed the entire time is not a negative

Specifically on that build it says to avoid Speed pylons due to Attack Speed increases being detrimental, so I'm guessing "Slow but Safe" is how it works out

Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I’m still not getting how it would possibly be safer if you get 50% DR anytime you use Cyclone Strike, which is automatically cast when you hit with Tempest Rush thanks to Won Khim Lau

Whereas you get +50% armor when you get hit but you get slower with the Stone Gauntlets. Admittedly it stacks up to ten times, but it still requires that you get hit which seems less than ideal

Joolander on
  • Options
    I think it’s similar to what TDWH was touching on, i.e. this is what people with more gear do. It’s also very much about paragon.

People that push into the thousands of paragon have more leeway, and you’ll see things like rolling mainstat off of items to have more AD, CDR, or RCR. Sunwuko TR is harder to get working due to resource costs, but can be stronger under those circumstances.

As for the slowness, that setup has CC immunity via permanent Epiphany, so you get the high armor with no drawback.

• Options
    I think it’s similar to what TDWH was touching on, i.e. this is what people with more gear do. It’s also very much about paragon.

People that push into the thousands of paragon have more leeway, and you’ll see things like rolling mainstat off of items to have more AD, CDR, or RCR. Sunwuko TR is harder to get working due to resource costs, but can be stronger under those circumstances.

As for the slowness, that setup has CC immunity via permanent Epiphany, so you get the high armor with no drawback.

there it is

• Options
    I forgot about Epiphany getting rid of CC, that makes more sense

I kinda like PoJ better anyway, plus I think they may rework Sunwuko at some point because it never really seems to have its own niche like the other monk sets, while also stealing their thunder. Plus the exploding duplicate thing is just not exciting enough for the 4 set bonus.

But then I’m weird and really wish my old Ranged Barb was still viable (Weapon Throw and Ancient Spear/Boulder Toss)

This discussion has been closed.