As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Penny Arcade - Comic - Artifucked

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited November 2018 in The Penny Arcade Hub

imagePenny Arcade - Comic - Artifucked

Videogaming-related online strip by Mike Krahulik and Jerry Holkins. Includes news and commentary.

Read the full story here

Unknown User on

• ZomagicZomagic Registered User regular
    ...I know this is a joke, but I FELT like it was not a joke when I read it. We've all played that one game. (Or two, or ten...)

• Alistair HuttonAlistair Hutton Dr EdinburghRegistered User regular
    Feels a lot like Wizbits Elemenstor Battle Rules

http://elothtes.pbworks.com/w/page/18811567/Wizbits Elemenstor Battle Rules

I have a thoughtful and infrequently updated blog about games http://whatithinkaboutwhenithinkaboutgames.wordpress.com/

I made a game, it has penguins in it. It's pay what you like on Gumroad.

Currently Ebaying Nothing at all but I might do in the future.
  • RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    The thing about phase events is that they're the game...but in reverse...

• QuidQuid Definitely not a banana Registered User regular
    Bring on the Cones of Dunshire.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Quid wrote: »

I've decided to stop playing that dreck until they approve my rule change suggestions. There's no reason you shouldn't be allowed to have at least 2 Arbiters in the game. Utterly ridiculous.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • RatherDashing89RatherDashing89 Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Quid wrote: »

I've decided to stop playing that dreck until they approve my rule change suggestions. There's no reason you shouldn't be allowed to have at least 2 Arbiters in the game. Utterly ridiculous.

Dude, read the errata. If the Challenge Mode has been beaten within the first 8 phases (6 if playing the ten player variant), the Ledgerman can appoint a new Arbiter for every three covered cones. In theory you could have up to five Arbiters, though that game would just be pants.

• T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular
    Sooo, the joke here is that this game is really long and complicated?

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    T-Danger wrote: »
    Sooo, the joke here is that this game is really long and complicated?

Yes that is "the joke" as earthlings call it.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • OctoberRavenOctoberRaven Plays fighting games for the story Skyeline Hotel Apartment 4ARegistered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Makes about as much sense as the Star Wars CCG.

Or the Star Wars solo adventure RPGs, where you kept a score that meant absolutely nothing, and the savior of the Rebel Alliance could be a random, nameless Stormtrooper.

OctoberRaven on
    Currently Most Hype For: VTMB2, Tiny Tina's Wonderlands, Alan Wake 2 (Wake Harder)Currently Playin: Guilty Gear XX AC+R, Gat Out Of Hell
  • MarcinMNMarcinMN Registered User regular
    I like how there are seven event phases, but then there are eight on the list because of the "hidden phase." lol

"It's just as I've always said. We are being digested by an amoral universe."

-Tycho Brahe
  • Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    I tested a game like this.

H9f4bVe.png
  • lionheartssjlionheartssj Bartertown Chief Merchant BartertownRegistered User regular
    Unfortunately, I've bought more than one game like this. With some of them, I've been lucky to fool people into playing them once.

• GuilelessGuileless Registered User regular
    Sounds like the card game equivalent of Calvinball.