As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Tournaments are back!

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    it would fucking surprise me but I can see the glimmer of possibility that it could happen yeah

who would they pick though? I think it'd have to be one of the skeletons, and it would seem out of character for Sans to actually fight people, so probably Papyrus?

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    So apparently they changed Mythra's design for Ultimate to tone down the T&A and that of course set off a barrage of screams about censorship. But god damn the new design is a million times better.

https://gearnuke.com/super-smash-bros-ultimate-censors-xenoblade-chronicles-2/

• Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I can find fault with the intent behind the changes, but not with the results. It’s one of those things where if that were the design from the start, nobody would have a problem with it.

On a side note, I really need to get over my issues with XC2. I haven’t even played the damn thing, and yet I keep managing to work myself into a stupid funk whenever it comes up. I need to learn to just ignore it instead of feeling like I need to talk about it to justify myself to myself.

Enlong on
  • Options
    Dr. ChaosDr. Chaos Post nuclear nuisance Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Thats a definite improvement.

XC2 could definitely benefit from some second looks and redesigns to make them look less fanservicey and actually more cool like that.

Dr. Chaos on
    Pokemon GO: 7113 6338 6875/ FF14: Buckle Landrunner /Steam Profile
  • Options
    BlueBlueBlueBlue Registered User regular
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    A weapon to surpass Bayonetta Gear.

• Options
    CD World Tour status:
    Baidol Voprostein Avraham Thetheroo Taya Zerofill Effef Crimson King Lalabox Mortal Sky ASimPerson Sal Wiet Theidar Tynic Speed Racer Neotoma Goatmon ==>Larlar Munkus Beaver Day of the Bear miscellaneousinsanity Skull Man Delzhand Caulk Bite 6 Somestickguy
  • Options
    SyphonBlueSyphonBlue The studying beaver That beaver sure loves studying!Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Road Block wrote: »
    So apparently they changed Mythra's design for Ultimate to tone down the T&A and that of course set off a barrage of screams about censorship. But god damn the new design is a million times better.

This design, besides being a welcome change to the T&A fanservice design of the original, also just plain fits Mythra's character better.

SyphonBlue on
    LxX6eco.jpg
    PSN/Steam/NNID: SyphonBlue | BNet: SyphonBlue#1126
  • Options
    BlueBlue wrote: »

My knowledge of Zelda music has failed me. What song is this? I'm going to guess it's from BOTW?

• Options
    FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    it would fucking surprise me but I can see the glimmer of possibility that it could happen yeah

who would they pick though? I think it'd have to be one of the skeletons, and it would seem out of character for Sans to actually fight people, so probably Papyrus?

Undyne?

Also Geno?

• Options
    Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular

Annoying Dog.

* (The dog absorbs the Smash Ball.)

broken image link
  • Options
    Road BlockRoad Block Registered User regular
    Undyne seems like the best option for an actual fighter but on the off chance it were to actually happen, I think they'd just make Sans an assist trophy.

• Options
    Enlong wrote: »
    BlueBlue wrote: »

My knowledge of Zelda music has failed me. What song is this? I'm going to guess it's from BOTW?

It didn’t make it into a game (till now) - it was from a promotional video

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    Maz-Maz- 飛べ Registered User regular

It looks worse, but I guess they needed to do it in order to get their targeted rating in the US. I wonder if this change is present in all versions of the game.

Add me on Switch: 7795-5541-4699
  • Options
    WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Specifically it's the song from the January 2017 trailer! Which was included in the game's soundtrack, similar to how the trailer songs (sans the Poledouris piece, naturally) were included for the HD Sampler in Twilight Princess HD. The full remix goes in a lot harder than the sample Nintendo put up

In addition to the remix, Smash also has the original version of the song, which sounds like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GJm2k1yI-Zw

Wyborn on
    dN0T6ur.png
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    Maz- wrote: »

It looks worse, but I guess they needed to do it in order to get their targeted rating in the US. I wonder if this change is present in all versions of the game.

Except for the boob window and colors I dont really see a huge difference

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Square Enix couldn't be arsed to allow Sakurai to use more than two Final Fantasy songs in the game, and as far as I know, there's not a single SE spirit, out of well over 1000. There's not gonna be a Square Enix DLC character.

According to the leaks, there's actually two Squeenix spirits. They're:
    Cloud, and...
    ...also Cloud.

That said, apparently there's just shy of 1,300 spirits in the game. Presumably each one has a special fight attached to it. That's absolutely amazing.

cloudeagle on
    Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options

cloudeagle wrote: »
    Square Enix couldn't be arsed to allow Sakurai to use more than two Final Fantasy songs in the game, and as far as I know, there's not a single SE spirit, out of well over 1000. There's not gonna be a Square Enix DLC character.

According to the leaks, there's actually two Squeenix spirits. They're:
    Cloud, and...
    ...also Cloud.

That said, apparently there's just shy of 1,300 spirits in the game. Presumably each one has a special fight attached to it. That's absolutely amazing.

Not all of them, I think. I’d assume that Spirits that can be acquired through fusion (like Micaiah and Cardboard Box) can’t be acquired through spirit battles.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

It looks like the back cutouts were filled in, and she was given leggings.

I'm wondering what they did to Pyra's design now.

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    CruorCruor Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Improved it, I reckon.

• Options
    Cruor wrote: »
    Polaritie wrote: »

Improved it, I reckon.

Har har. But I'm wondering if they fix the issue not handled by just covering up skin.

• Options

No way it looks way better. That should be her outfit going forward forever.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
  • Options
    "because kirby's my favorite" is a pretty good reason imo

BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    JavenJaven Registered User regular
    Reason number 1: "Who made this goddamn video game? You or me?"

• Options
    TDawgTDawg Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    I love it so much

"It's not just because Kirby is my favorite, he can warp!"

"But what about these other characters that can warp?"

"What? Who? No...not them. Spirits, you see. Just Kirby."

It might be an issue if Kirby wasn't beloved by all, but as-is there is no reason to complain!

TDawg on
    NNID: ohnoTom || 3DS: 1762-3198-2019 || Steam || Take My Good Pokemon
    Let's Plays of Japanese Games
  • Options
    kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    TDawg wrote: »
    I love it so much

"It's not just because Kirby is my favorite, he can warp!"

"But what about these other characters that can warp?"

"What? Who? No...not them. Spirits, you see. Just Kirby."

It might be an issue if Kirby wasn't beloved by all, but as-is there is no reason to complain!

Yeah that was the best excuse :D

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • Options
    The Bayonetta one makes sense. If Purgatorio was already filled with Galeem’s light, stepping into that dimension would be suicide.

• Options
    I mean, if we go by their respective games then yeah it would make sense for other characters to be able to avoid it (endgame Shulk is pretty OP).

But it's not like he picked Daisy to be the survivor.

• Options
    T-DangerT-Danger Registered User regular

Nintendo is sometimes oddly selective as to what kind of outfits get censored or not. They've edited Mythra here, but characters like Camilla and Tsubasa, both of who look like they might pop out of their outfits with a light sneeze, are left alone?

I will say Mythra's new design does look good. Black leggings can make any outfit look better.

• Options
    Actually, Camilla also got altered.

• Options
    Here's a video that shows every character's visual evolution throughout the Smash series. In general it looks like Ultimate desaturated the colors just a teeny bit compared to 4, but it's still nowhere near the muted, grimy look of Brawl.

https://youtu.be/OgwzAmMDspM

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    You know Kirby is the starting character because he takes 100x more development resources than any other character. They are making for damn sure everyone tries him out!

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited November 2018
    Should have been Link.

Why you disrespecting Nintendo's second favorite son, Sakurai?

Dr. Chaos on
  • Options
    It could have been any character - warp star is an item anyone can use~

CD World Tour status:
  • Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    It's too bad Mario doesn't have any ways he can warp.

• Options
    Zek wrote: »
    It's too bad Mario doesn't have any ways he can warp.

Not without items.

• Options
    Or a warp pipe that reaches outside of the galaxy/universe.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
  • Options
    You know Kirby is the starting character because he takes 100x more development resources than any other character. They are making for damn sure everyone tries him out!

Hey! ...they changed the color of his shoes slightly.

This discussion has been closed.