As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    !

6kzs8g18ptiw.jpg

Maybe my Huron Blackheart will hit the table someday after all

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    So those new renegade chapter traits.

We’ve had the loyal 32.

We’ve had the rusty 17.

Now get ready for the chaos 17. Taking three units of five CSM now gives you a whopping 8 command points. Take two warpsmiths for the cheapest HQ options. A min unit of marines is 15points more than cultists but those 45 points more are betting you three extra CP.

315 points for 8 cp is not bad.

I would say spend the money for some cheap ACs or missle launchers, a basic lord, and a sorc. Sorc can target everyone so the trait doesn't matter. The lord gives rerolls. And they can hold in cover in the backline throwing out okay firepower at 24".

427 points for 8 cp and actual utility at that point.

Then bring the Black Legion Battalion of cultist with Abbadon as your HQ and if his CP rule holds you will be at 18 CP easily with 30 cultist, and 15 csm. Fill in the rest with toys and you are good to go.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    When I was trying to get renegade in early 8th my red corsairs daemon prince was actually pretty terrifying. He's definitely coming back

• Options
    McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Wow. I play renegades anyways for the advance and charge, so this is just a straight up improvement.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    I mean, I think Imperial Guard can get a Brigade for about 400 points so...?

IMHO this Red Corsairs chapter trait needs to be a standard rule for all Adeptus Astartes units, just errata it out like the Beta Bolter rule.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    honovere wrote: »
    What did the AdMech team consist of?

He took 2 or 3 Sicarans, and then some skitari with special weapons.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    So with 2 battalions featuring 6 units of csm and Huron you can have 20 command points. I am reading that right?

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    Do units destroyed because the models flesh via battleshock count as destroyed for victory point purposes?

• Options
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    I mean, I think Imperial Guard can get a Brigade for about 400 points so...?

IMHO this Red Corsairs chapter trait needs to be a standard rule for all Adeptus Astartes units, just errata it out like the Beta Bolter rule.

I agree it should be standard.

At the same time guard are also currently under costed for what they bring.

The downside is anything you say brought in a brigade or battalions of the Red Corsairs/Renegades can't use Veterans of the Long War so you should minimalize that and focus on expanding out something else with stuff you want to VoTLW.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Rules clarification question...

I've got a squad of units (10 models) in ruins that have declared a charge against an enemy squad six inches away as drawn through the wall of the ruins (because afaik you can charge through ruins walls). Of the squad, 7 are obscured from LoS and three are visible to the enemy squad. (assuming ITC rules are being used and the bottom floor of ruins blocks LoS)

When the enemy squad rolls for overwatch, do wounds continue to be dealt to the charging squad after the models in LoS have been killed? Can my opponent declare overwatch against all 10 models or just the three he can see?

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    No-Quarter wrote: »
    Do units destroyed because the models flesh via battleshock count as destroyed for victory point purposes?

It depends on the card?
    Khraul wrote: »

I've got a squad of units (10 models) in ruins that have declared a charge against an enemy squad six inches away as drawn through the wall of the ruins (because afaik you can charge through ruins walls). Of the squad, 7 are obscured from LoS and three are visible to the enemy squad. (assuming ITC rules are being used and the bottom floor of ruins blocks LoS)

When the enemy squad rolls for overwatch, do wounds continue to be dealt to the charging squad after the models in LoS have been killed? Can my opponent declare overwatch against all 10 models or just the three he can see?

From what I understand, the Overwatch happens all at once, so yes it keeps going afte the visible ones die.

My follow-up question would be do the 7 obscured get cover saves? :).

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    Bizazedo wrote: »
    No-Quarter wrote: »

It depends on the card?
    Khraul wrote: »

From what I understand, the Overwatch happens all at once, so yes it keeps going afte the visible ones die.

My follow-up question would be do the 7 obscured get cover saves? :).

1) If they can draw line of sight to a single model all models that can draw that line of sight can shoot. So even if 3 are visible to the enemy squad all their shots are fired. Shots are fired and wounds are rolled all in a single pair of phases.

2)As for saves if you lose those three models out of cover, the rest of the saves are made with a +1 in cover. As saves are made after hits and wounds in its own phase one at a time. So to make it easier to understand just roll each save one at a time till you reach cover. This is a pretty standard tactic.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Excellent, thank you both.

This came up the other day with my DW charging a buddies necron vehicle and immortal squad and neither of us had any idea how to play the interaction.

Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Yep. That interaction has helped me a lot. I have issues with charging units getting cover saves, but it's how we've played it.

/shrug

Just makes my city terrain very useful.

Indirect fire at units in buildings is silly, though.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    A guy I know has an unbuilt old Imperial City box:
    rmRjbos.jpg

and he is thinking about selling it. He said I'd get first crack at it once he figures out a price. I'm kinda worried due to the sheer number of sprues plus the traditional Warhammer OOP tax, but getting all of those buildings would basically get my home table to exactly where I want it.

• Options
    Eeeeey, new dark apostle rules seem like a good alternative mechanic to psykers (thanks AoS)! Looks like FINALLY khorne will get access to some sorcer-er... "prayers" mechanics.

website_header.jpg
  • Options
    LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    Well they had some alternative psyker stuff for Khorne in 7th also with that Khorne Daemonkin supplement, something about killing units gave you blood points, spend the blood points for various effects, etc. etc.

But yea, nice to see them experimenting with more cute little systems, hopefully the Sisters Act of Faith re-re-work goes well.

• Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The dark apostle looks like he's wearing a crop top.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    Gotta look cute for the dark gods.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    McGibs wrote: »
    Eeeeey, new dark apostle rules seem like a good alternative mechanic to psykers (thanks AoS)! Looks like FINALLY khorne will get access to some sorcer-er... "prayers" mechanics.

The article also said that there are 6 "generic" prayers and then one for each God. Much excite.

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I am quiet literally rethinking how I play chaos now with these last two updates.

First a CSM red corsair detachment with a sorc and a prince might be baseline for 8 cp. A prince that advance and charge with wings and the elixir is nasty. Warpbolters are assault as well if I remember right.

Then my normal detachment which was Emp's children may swap to Black Legion.

Run it with Abbadon, cultist, and a set of daemon engines?

And a daemonkin set now with Emp's Children (strike first) with an apostle+champ+possessed+greater possessed in rhinos. Maybe throw in a PoM? Who knows. This can change a whole way of playing. The new stratagem+greater possessed puts normal possessed at str 7 and 1+1d3 attacks base.

That is mean.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    That Ritualist detachment has the potential for a real brutal hammer. A Master of possession and some big possessed block/s rolling up the field. Spells of 4++ invuls and either rerolling the d3 attacks or rerolling hits/wounds of 1, the warlord trait so units do mortal wounds on 6's to wound, and the strat to add 1 str and attack. Then if you want to be a real dick, VoTL for +1 to wound and get mortal wounds on a 5+.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    Out of curiosity, is anyone from PA going to Adepticon this weekend?

• Options
    edited March 2019
    I wish they had better ideas for the theme of messing with leadership for Chaos, especially because the 2cp morale stratagem just isn't a big hit after the command point bump for battalions

There's like one slaanesh daemon spell that checks against a targets LD for an effect and it would be neat if there were more abilities like that.

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    TheColonelTheColonel ChicagolandRegistered User regular

You mean next weekend? (C2E2 is this weekend). I'll be there the whole time.

• Options
    McGibs wrote: »
    That Ritualist detachment has the potential for a real brutal hammer. A Master of possession and some big possessed block/s rolling up the field. Spells of 4++ invuls and either rerolling the d3 attacks or rerolling hits/wounds of 1, the warlord trait so units do mortal wounds on 6's to wound, and the strat to add 1 str and attack. Then if you want to be a real dick, VoTL for +1 to wound and get mortal wounds on a 5+.

It says mortal wounds on unmodified 6s, so votl won't help there, I think.

• Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    TheColonel wrote: »

You mean next weekend? (C2E2 is this weekend). I'll be there the whole time.

Derp, I knew that, I was just seeing if everyone else did. :rotate:

I'm local, but hadn't registered this year since I was late to the signup (three years ago, you could show to up to most of the panels/events and pay there, but the past two more and more have had overflow lists that don't get cleared off) and no one else I knew was able to make it.

Bringing anything for open gaming? I am curious to see what kind of Killteam stuff will be going on.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    edited March 2019
    I'm signed up for kill team at Adepticon but im expecting to get crushed. I'm mostly attending for the painting classes

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    so, I'm guessing no second update for today?

Was hoping to see World Eaters :P

• Options
    TheColonelTheColonel ChicagolandRegistered User regular
    Myself and crew are signed up for the team tournament Saturday/Sunday and that's my only official game event. I'm hoping to bring some additional models and actually get a game of Kill Team in as I've not yet had a chance to do so.

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Will likely be next week or tomorrow. It's only preorders this weekend. Next weekend is when it goes up for sale.

• Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Are they not doing Space Marine Heroes anymore? I still haven't gotten Brother Garus.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    There's a whole box of them on the shelf at my FLGS.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    There's a whole box of them on the shelf at my FLGS.

The store I go to never seems to have them anymore.

In other news I bought a Space Marine Librarian a few months ago and started working on it today. I'm now realizing I could have just made a Rune Priest from the bits I have from the Space Wolves start collecting box that I never really used. Gonna make a Rune Priest with jump pack next.
    KwJyR8c.jpg
    pEiCfez.jpg

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    I really want a librarian dreadnought. Why put on a jump pack when you can give yourself one?

Alas I lack the funds.

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    TheGerbil wrote: »
    I really want a librarian dreadnought. Why put on a jump pack when you can give yourself one?

Alas I lack the funds.

It's the inevitable, logical conclusion of having both librarian dreadnoughts and psychokinetic librarians, but the mental picture of a dreadnought flying like superman will never stop being silly to me.

H3Knuckles on
    If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I have a farseer wraithlord

• Options
    H3KnucklesH3Knuckles But we decide which is right and which is an illusion.Registered User regular
    Yeah, but wraithlords are anthropomorphic enough it isn't funny the way a flying box with legs is.

If you're curious about my icon; it's an update of the early Lego Castle theme's "Black Falcons" faction.
    camo_sig2-400.png
  • Options
    edited March 2019
  • Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Hawt.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
This discussion has been closed.