As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I would say either the spincaster they are using for local production is there or something in that supply chain has that as the end point before packaging and shipping.

*edit*
    Well, this is awkward. I'd picked up what I thought was a Kasrkin plasma gunner from the loose figure seller at Adepticon (already basecoated black). Turns out it's a regular IG plasma gunner with a kasrkin backback, so not quite what I was looking for. I don't suppose there is anyone out there with a spare kasrkin plasma gunner they're willing to part with?

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    The Plasma Gunners are the ones that are hard to find, but honestly I find using some FW Cadian Hostile Environment plasma guys or something like the IG + kasrkin backpack guy you have is just nice to add a bit of variety.

• Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    But I don't want variety, I want my entire unit to match. :biggrin:

The fact.that it's a metal model makes modding harder too.

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    I really regret not getting a bunch of Kasrkin when they did the IG made to order run.

If they do it again I'm liable to go broke.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    So they are offering the Contrast base colors as...base paints. And they are offering the contrast medium to thin them. Come on GW, take the next step and just offer the whole line pre-thinned as Air paints please.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    So they are offering the Contrast base colors as...base paints. And they are offering the contrast medium to thin them. Come on GW, take the next step and just offer the whole line pre-thinned as Air paints please.

When? Are they offering the paint?

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Brainleech wrote: »
    GnomeTank wrote: »

When? Are they offering the paint?

It is like lahmian medium for the current range. You can use it to thin the paint down, they say not to use water because it messes with the concentration too much.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/05/23/contrast-meet-the-rangegw-homepage-post-2fw-homepage-post-2/

They say that the colors look good over leadbelcher and retributor gold so I might prime my orange and red armor necrons gold and use the contrast on them and the blue and green leadbelcher and contrast them as well.

I wonder if it would be better to prime with the contrast paint, base leadbelcher/retributor gold and then paint the contrast paint or if I can prime leadbelcher/retributor armor and then do contrast.

Stragint on
    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    How would this be for a Deathwatch kill team:

Terminator Heavy with assault cannon and power fist

Watch sgt leader with xenophase blade and combi-plas

Vet sniper with fragcannon

Combat vet with either heavy thunder hammer or storm shield and power maul

Comes to 96 (98 with TH) points in BattleScribe.

I'll buy both books when I get paid

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    How would this be for a Deathwatch kill team:

Terminator Heavy with assault cannon and power fist

Watch sgt leader with xenophase blade and combi-plas

Vet sniper with fragcannon

Combat vet with either heavy thunder hammer or storm shield and power maul

Comes to 96 (98 with TH) points in BattleScribe.

I'll buy both books when I get paid

Change the sniper to a demo. You want to use the autohit on that frag cannon as much as possible. It destroys everything. Also look at the vet with zealot, though I use the heavy TH with a combat vet and the sgt with a xenophase as a zealot. I then use an intercessor sgt for my leader.

u7stthr17eud.png
    I really regret not getting a bunch of Kasrkin when they did the IG made to order run.

If they do it again I'm liable to go broke.

24 gives you two full squads with every option. Beyond that, they're kind of similar. The only reason I don't want to scratchbuild this last guy is he'd be the only variation.

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    edited May 2019
    Holy shit im finally learning kill teams.

Specializations are fuckin nutso. I can get a kommando nob with a power klaw to attack 15+ times in one battle round.

Sleep on
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Holy shit im finally learning kill teams.

Specializations are fuckin nutso. I can get a kommando nob with a power klaw to attack 15+ times in one battle round.

Kill Team is great. I haven’t been able to read the new Elites rules yet, I’m considering purchasing the digital enhanced copy. Anyone have it on an iPad? What app do you use to read it?

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    If it’s the iPad-only version, it’ll be the native reader app. No one else supports the format despite Apple making it available.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    I just want to see the data sheet on flash gitz if any unit is perfect for kill teams it's the flash gitz

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    I want custodes real bad

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited May 2019
    I bought the KT book today to start on my DW team, and the Intercessor rules are frikkin buried. They have the weapons in the weapons chart, but there is literally one sentence on the page before that that discusses adding reivers or intercessors.

I kept looking thinking I had to buy the commanders book to get the rules for primaris and I was ticked.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    I got the elite book today but i had to go to work soon after. I have been tempted to get the commnder one but like i said recent events have me rethinking my whole plan

This game looks really neat. I like the idea of a small kill team doing missions behind enemy lines.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    This game looks really neat. I like the idea of a small kill team doing missions behind enemy lines.

I can push the 20 model limit with grots, but my best 100 point lists sit around 11ish models

A really basic boys squad with a nob and 2 big shootas can still get to 15 models.

And I could do a lot of different stuff with that list with specializations strategies and tactics.

Which is why my kill teamis leaning to homebrew chapter
    loyal primaris night lords
    or mantis warriors with a mix of beat up old marines and shiny primaris

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

My favorite part of Killteam is a tie between how Your Dudes friendly it is and how great it is as an introduction to wargaming to people who are new to the hobby (if you have $50 you can build a Killteam).

My favorite part of Killteam is a tie between how Your Dudes friendly it is and how great it is as an introduction to wargaming to people who are new to the hobby (if you have $50 you can build a Killteam).

The format literally makes painting orks seem like it might be fun rather than daunting and tedious. Especially since my friends are totally fine with me using basic boys as kommandos and burnas and stuff.

I'm working on edge highlighting Deathwatch marines. 5 of them. I think I'd much rather do this than a whole DW army.

I find I am still unable to paint flesh.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    I'm working on edge highlighting Deathwatch marines. 5 of them. I think I'd much rather do this than a whole DW army.

I find I am still unable to paint flesh.

This video helped me immensely:
    https://youtu.be/fd2Sc-C0jhA

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Just paint the head like it’s a skull, then add a flesh wash

FC: 1435-5383-0883
    Khorne wrote: »
    Just paint the head like it’s a skull, then add a blood wash

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    If it’s the iPad-only version, it’ll be the native reader app. No one else supports the format despite Apple making it available.

I picked up the Enhanced Edition for Elites, and I think there are some typos? For example, Primaris Eliminators are 18 points and their Sniper Bolt Rifles are free. Dhrukari Mandrakes can replace their Monstrous Cleavers with Liquifier Guns, which would be a fun conversion to say the least. There may be others too. Do the Enhanced Editions automatically get errata applied to them? I really like the interface so far.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular

I picked up the Enhanced Edition for Elites, and I think there are some typos? For example, Primaris Eliminators are 18 points and their Sniper Bolt Rifles are free. Dhrukari Mandrakes can replace their Monstrous Cleavers with Liquifier Guns, which would be a fun conversion to say the least. There may be others too. Do the Enhanced Editions automatically get errata applied to them? I really like the interface so far.

Kill team has different point values from 40k so 18 points could be right.

• Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    TheGerbil wrote: »

Yeah, that; KT points are not regular 40k points so it could be correct.
    But to answer your question, yes, the ebooks and other electronic editions do get updated with errata etc.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular

How are the eliminator special ammo rules in Killteam? Are they the same?

Did GW take all the KT starters that came out before the AdMech and Genestealer ones came out down?

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Kill Team stuff has always been limited-run. The 2 team starter went away quick.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    Kill Team stuff has always been limited-run. The 2 team starter went away quick.

Yea, they didn't do that again. What I mean is all of the starters before the AdMech and Genestealer starters are missing off the store. They were up there not too long ago.

Which is why against my better judgement I just pull the trigger on the terrain sets

It would be okay, except I learned last night the DW starter box had extra tactics in it for DW. So some people will have those and others won't.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    It would be okay, except I learned last night the DW starter box had extra tactics in it for DW. So some people will have those and others won't.

Yea, that is the part that is most frustrating. I want those extra tactics.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular

All of those starter boxes have exclusive tactics cards in them, but you can find scans of them online.

Yeah, that; KT points are not regular 40k points so it could be correct.
    But to answer your question, yes, the ebooks and other electronic editions do get updated with errata etc.

Understood there, but that’s extremely cheap compared to other options. Consider that a Deathwatch Primaris Intercessor has less range, generally worse options for their special ammo, and costs 20 points. Or in the same Astartes Kill Team costs only 1 point more than an Infiltrator but has that rifle and a camo cloak. Seems extremely undercosted to me for very durable sniper you can set up on an objective on the first turn and then ignore cover and LOS. The next closest alternative is a Scout with Sniper rifle and camo cloak and that costs you an extra 2 points over a vanilla scout

I mean, I’m excited to incorporate Shadowspear models, and I like that it shores up two of Astartes larger weaknesses (kill power and mobility), but I dunno, I’d think it’d be like 20-21 points at least.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    Is there any meaningful difference between Reaper bases and Citadel bases of the same size?

Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    Went to my LGS and grabbed Elites today. Also grabbed a Repulsor, because they had one, and it's in my post-Castallen list right now since I don't have Big Stompy to make people ignore my Hellblasters now.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
This discussion has been closed.