Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[WH40K] Vigilus? But you barely know us!

1356742

Posts

  • NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    By the way, Space Hulk Tactics is pretty good. I'm digging the new card system they added on top of it.

    It is still a board game, rolling 2d6 is the name of the game. But when cards can boost a die roll, or make a hit guaranteed, or you can convert the card into extra actions for your entire squad, very welcome indeed.

    Also story wise, you dont have to worry about attrition to your troops. As long as you beat the mission, everyone is fine. No need to worry about losing equipment or a terminator, just 50 or so scrap. You win a mission, you get 200 scrap, or pick it up off the strategy layer.

    You use scrap to upgrade cards your troopers bring to the deck you use in game.

    notoriusben_zpsa205e831.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    McGibs wrote: »
    Powerfists just for Fists.

    Fist amongst Equals.

    Tastyfish on
    NechriahGR_ZombieExtreaminatusNought
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Been kicking tires for ages thinking of what to use for Acolytes after I picked up Eisenhorn a couple months ago and someone upthread mentioned Sisters Repentia

    Well my new acolytes showed up today. $8 on ebay... look at these beauties.

    They need to be stripped (ooooh, heresy) and a bit of TLC, but I'm stoked to paint these.

    mw1bpeyp38ej.jpg

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
    NotoriusBENNipsvalhalla130
  • see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited November 2018
    Khraul wrote: »
    Been kicking tires for ages thinking of what to use for Acolytes after I picked up Eisenhorn a couple months ago and someone upthread mentioned Sisters Repentia

    Well my new acolytes showed up today. $8 on ebay... look at these beauties.

    They need to be stripped (ooooh, heresy) and a bit of TLC, but I'm stoked to paint these.
    mw1bpeyp38ej.jpg

    I don't think that's heresy, pretty sure stripping is the first part of becoming a Sister Repentia.
    Or did that get changed in the most recent version?

    see317 on
    Ringo wrote: »
    Well except what see317 said. That guy's always wrong.
    Khraul
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Tournament tommrow, first round draw is against a player running the loyal 33 and then like 1800points of custodes bikes.

    This works out at 16 bikes and a captain on a bike.

    I’m playing T’au gunline, riptides, missilesides the works.

    I feel like maybe I’m about to give him a rude lesson in multiple damage weapons.

    BrainleechKhraul
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Tournament tommrow, first round draw is against a player running the loyal 33 and then like 1800points of custodes bikes.

    This works out at 16 bikes and a captain on a bike.

    I’m playing T’au gunline, riptides, missilesides the works.

    I feel like maybe I’m about to give him a rude lesson in multiple damage weapons.

    bikes aren't battleline

    is the dude just running fast assault wing or whatever and getting garbage cp?

  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Tournament tommrow, first round draw is against a player running the loyal 33 and then like 1800points of custodes bikes.

    This works out at 16 bikes and a captain on a bike.

    I’m playing T’au gunline, riptides, missilesides the works.

    I feel like maybe I’m about to give him a rude lesson in multiple damage weapons.

    bikes aren't battleline

    is the dude just running fast assault wing or whatever and getting garbage cp?

    Yeah it’s like a 9cp list. Outrider than then a three guard squad battalion.

  • JusticeforPlutoJusticeforPluto Total Goober Registered User regular
    Khraul wrote: »
    Been kicking tires for ages thinking of what to use for Acolytes after I picked up Eisenhorn a couple months ago and someone upthread mentioned Sisters Repentia

    Well my new acolytes showed up today. $8 on ebay... look at these beauties.

    They need to be stripped (ooooh, heresy) and a bit of TLC, but I'm stoked to paint these.

    Is the one on the left missing a chunk of her leg?

  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    It looks like big muscle legs with a bandanna is throwing it off.

    FC: 1435-5383-0883
    Khraul
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    What Bada said

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Well it seems the Xmas army deals are $160 US

  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    What would be good to use to clean off gunk off pewter? They are unpainted and have something on them. Would acetone work?

    Are the Repulsor transports worth it? I have 20 Primaris Intercessor now but no transports.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Stragint wrote: »
    What would be good to use to clean off gunk off pewter? They are unpainted and have something on them. Would acetone work?

    Are the Repulsor transports worth it? I have 20 Primaris Intercessor now but no transports.

    Iso alcohol cleans both pewter and plastic
    Is it your space wolf scouts? I would use simple green or just scrub with that and a old toothbrush

    I don't know I kind of avoid the pickle tank as it's up there in price

  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Stragint wrote: »
    What would be good to use to clean off gunk off pewter? They are unpainted and have something on them. Would acetone work?

    Are the Repulsor transports worth it? I have 20 Primaris Intercessor now but no transports.

    Iso alcohol cleans both pewter and plastic
    Is it your space wolf scouts? I would use simple green or just scrub with that and a old toothbrush

    I don't know I kind of avoid the pickle tank as it's up there in price

    Bjorn and Canis.
    esmtnQM.jpg
    6HPkmMN.jpg
    DfcGtwZ.jpg
    Cviks7L.jpg

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Can you take a toothpick and pull any of that black stuff out? If not it might just be staining on the metal. Can prime right over that without a problem. Otherwise you can use acetone, brake cleaner, anything you want on pewter.

    FC: 1435-5383-0883
    Brainleech
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    You can also use a cheap or old toothbrush to clean them

    Does Borjn have pitting?

  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    I have a question as I vaguely remember this
    About 2000? or 2004? They came out with army deals for the Eldar just the one NA got was a Biel Tan Swordwind? I vaguely remember this
    Europe got the Saim Hann jetbike one I remembered because I found it wheile looking for what I had I just never put it together as I was busy with other things

  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    So first game of the tourney over. Tabled the custodes player. Took 9 bikes off him turn one, then another two in overwatch. Flew out turn two and at that point it was just going through the motions.

    BurnageKhraulRedcoat-13NotoriusBENBizazedoIanatorH3Knuckles
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well it seems the Xmas army deals are $160 US

    But also only £100, or £80 if you get them from a UK discounter (with free shipping). Shipping from the UK would be around £18/$22 if you wanted it before Christmas.

  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    So first game of the tourney over. Tabled the custodes player. Took 9 bikes off him turn one, then another two in overwatch. Flew out turn two and at that point it was just going through the motions.

    I collected a tau army when they first came out and still have it. I’ve just started to buy the relatively newer stuff, like the Riptide, because it looks rad but i might ask what is good (including load outs) when chapter approved comes out (rumours being some stuff is becoming cheaper).

    The Stormsurge looks awesome while I might have put the wrong gun on my Riptide (not the burst cannon).

    PSN Fleety2009
  • BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    No one knows what any of the xenos guns actually look like, so it’s not a problem if you put the wrong weapons on stuff.

    FC: 1435-5383-0883
    italianranmaBurnageSmokeStacksNechriah
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    No one knows what any of the xenos guns actually look like, so it’s not a problem if you put the wrong weapons on stuff.

    Burst cannon is kinda easy to guess mind.

    Basically burst cannon ATS and velocity tracker on the riptide is better than anything.

    Ion blasters on enforcers and fusions on coldstars.

    Only play Strike teams with rifles,

    Those are the only musts really.

    So day one over on the tourney. 2-1 so far, with two maximum point wins from tabling my opponent. The event is ETC which uses rulebook missions with maelstrom cards on top which means the missions are terrrrible. Game three I lost because my opponent had three Death jesters left that could be screened by a plane preventing my tabling him.

    Second round I beat eldar soundly. Went first, killed a wave serpent and it’s contents and put his other one to half. His turn his flamer/psyker planes (whatever they’re called) come in and just kill drones. The Yncarne charged my CIB commander who puts him to 1 wound in overwatch and promptly fluffs his attacks on my commander. I’m able to fly out and kill him and the other wave serpent (which is fitting, as my Tau are Gundam themed and the commander is Char, so being a complete boss seems right). My gunline Kayouns again and blows his planes out of the sky. I spend the rest of the game chasing him around killing his dudes with seekers.

    Khraul
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Coldstars can't take Ion - classic suit weapons only (edit, plus the AFP for some reason...)! edit - plus I misread. Whoops - thought you said Ion blaster or Fusion on Coldstar or Enforcers.

    Think for Riptides you'll be fine, HBC is a good weapon so even with a points reduction to the Accelerator you'll still have a decent model.

    Tastyfish on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    No one knows what any of the xenos guns actually look like, so it’s not a problem if you put the wrong weapons on stuff.

    This is also crazy useful for Harlequins, because they're literally the hardest entire army to run WYSIWYG. Good luck finding fusion pistols, and sucks to be you if you decided that neurodisruptors would look pretty on your models!

    Norgoth
  • bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well it seems the Xmas army deals are $160 US

    Showing as $170 for me? Glad to see they're under $200.

    akirasig.jpg
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    If I made Tau I would go with the Gundam look as well. But probably look more like Zeon. But I love me some Zaku 2s.

    mg-zaku-2-diorama%2B%25281%2529.jpg

    dMu3tTa.jpg

    Mazzyx on
    03x29di.png
    KhraulNotoriusBENitalianranmaNipsH3Knuckles
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well it seems the Xmas army deals are $160 US

    Showing as $170 for me? Glad to see they're under $200.

    Canadian pricing is $200 which still probably makes them a deal.

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    If I made Tau I would go with the Gundam look as well. But probably look more like Zeon. But I love me some Zaku 2s.

    mg-zaku-2-diorama%2B%25281%2529.jpg

    dMu3tTa.jpg

    I mean, this is infact my army, so I did go Zeon.

    BurnageMazzyxH3Knuckles
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    Norgoth wrote: »
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    If I made Tau I would go with the Gundam look as well. But probably look more like Zeon. But I love me some Zaku 2s.

    mg-zaku-2-diorama%2B%25281%2529.jpg

    dMu3tTa.jpg

    I mean, this is infact my army, so I did go Zeon.

    I vaguely remember this. Your army rocks.

    03x29di.png
    Khraul
  • StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    Can you take a toothpick and pull any of that black stuff out? If not it might just be staining on the metal. Can prime right over that without a problem. Otherwise you can use acetone, brake cleaner, anything you want on pewter.

    yea, I think I'll give them both an acetone bath just in case. Might as well just do all of my pewter models.
    Brainleech wrote: »
    You can also use a cheap or old toothbrush to clean them

    Does Borjn have pitting?

    He might, as far as I know it is a pretty old model. I think it was old when I bought it back in 2011 with the Space Wolves army I bought.

    PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

    I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • TraceofToxinTraceofToxin King Nothing Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    received_1023598324477623.jpeg

    A proppa gundam themed Farsight fusion blade commander

    TraceofToxin on
    Everyday I wake up is the worst day of my life.
    ForceVoidMazzyxExtreaminatusKruiteIanatorH3Knuckles
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    Tastyfish wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well it seems the Xmas army deals are $160 US

    But also only £100, or £80 if you get them from a UK discounter (with free shipping). Shipping from the UK would be around £18/$22 if you wanted it before Christmas.

    I did the math some of them are great deals just the debate about one of them

  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Tastyfish wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well it seems the Xmas army deals are $160 US

    But also only £100, or £80 if you get them from a UK discounter (with free shipping). Shipping from the UK would be around £18/$22 if you wanted it before Christmas.

    I did the math some of them are great deals just the debate about one of them

    the eldar one is INSANE value thanks to the knight

    BurnageBrainleech
  • MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    So tonight was game three of path to glory campaign. Up to 47 PL this week with my deathwatch verse a 49 PL Ultramarine army.

    My army this week:
    +++ PTG (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) +++

    ++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Deathwatch) ++

    + No Force Org Slot +

    Armory of the Watch Fortress (1 Relic)
    . Categories: No Force Org Slot

    + HQ +

    Watch Captain: Bane Bolts of Eryxia, Bolt Pistol, Combi-melta, Relic blade
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Captain, Character, HQ, Infantry, Deathwatch, Imperium

    Watch Master: Tome of the Ectoclades
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Character, HQ, Infantry, Deathwatch, Watch Master, Imperium

    + Troops +

    Intercessors: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Deathwatch, Imperium, Infantry, Primaris, Troops
    . Intercessor: Bolt Pistol, Bolt rifle
    . Intercessor: Bolt Pistol, Bolt rifle
    . Intercessor: Bolt Pistol, Bolt rifle
    . Intercessor: Bolt Pistol, Bolt rifle
    . Intercessor Sergeant: Bolt Pistol, Bolt rifle

    Intercessors
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Deathwatch, Imperium, Infantry, Primaris, Troops
    . Intercessor: Bolt Pistol, Bolt rifle
    . Intercessor: Bolt Pistol, Bolt rifle
    . Intercessor: Bolt Pistol, Bolt rifle
    . Intercessor: Bolt Pistol, Bolt rifle
    . Intercessor Sergeant: Bolt Pistol, Bolt rifle

    Veterans
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Deathwatch, Imperium, Infantry, Kill Team, Troops
    . Veteran: Chainsword, Deathwatch Shotgun
    . Veteran: Boltgun, Storm shield
    . Veteran: Heavy Thunder Hammer
    . Veteran w/ Heavy Weapon: Deathwatch Frag Cannon
    . Veteran w/ Heavy Weapon: Deathwatch Frag Cannon
    . Watch Sergeant: Combi-melta, Xenophase Blade

    + Elites +

    Vanguard Veterans
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Deathwatch, Imperium, Infantry, Elites, Fly, Vanguard Veterans
    . Deathwatch Vanguard Sergeant: Power axe, Storm shield
    . Vanguard Veteran: Chainsword, Plasma pistol
    . Vanguard Veteran: Plasma pistol, Power sword
    . Vanguard Veteran: Power sword, Storm shield
    . Vanguard Veteran: Heavy Thunder Hammer

    + Dedicated Transport +

    Razorback: Storm Bolter, Twin assault cannon
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Deathwatch, Vehicle, Dedicated Transport, Razorback, Imperium

    ++ Total: [47 PL, 932pts] ++

    Created with BattleScribe

    My opponents army was interesting. Its a Primaris focused army.
    +++ New Roster (Warhammer 40,000 8th Edition) +++

    ++ Patrol Detachment (Imperium - Space Marines) ++

    + No Force Org Slot +

    **Chapter Selection**: Ultramarines
    . Categories: No Force Org Slot

    + HQ +

    Captain in Gravis Armor: Boltstorm gauntlet, Master-crafted power sword
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Character, HQ, Imperium, Infantry, Captain, Mk X Gravis, Primaris

    + Troops +

    Intercessor Squad: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle, 9x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Imperium, Infantry, Intercessor Squad, Primaris, Troops

    Intercessor Squad: Auxiliary Grenade Launcher, Bolt rifle, 9x Intercessor, Intercessor Sergeant
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Imperium, Infantry, Intercessor Squad, Primaris, Troops

    + Elites +

    Primaris Apothecary
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Character, Apothecary, Imperium, Infantry, Primaris, Elites

    Redemptor Dreadnought: 2x Fragstorm Grenade Launchers, Heavy Onslaught Gatling Cannon, Onslaught Gatling Cannon
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Dreadnought, Imperium, Redemptor Dreadnought, Vehicle, Elites

    + Flyer +

    Stormtalon Gunship: Twin assault cannon, Two Lascannons
    . Categories: Adeptus Astartes, Fly, Imperium, Stormhawk Interceptor, Vehicle, Flyer

    ++ Total: [50 PL, 968pts] ++

    Created with BattleScribe

    Mission was objective focused. At the end of each turn roll a d6 for each objective you control. On a 6+ you gain a point. Each turn add +1 to the roll. So in turn 2 you would roll a d6+1 and if it was a 6+ you would get a point.

    My opponent did combat squad giving him 4 squads of Primaris.

    Looking at my opponents list I needed to first clear out the stormtalon and then the redemptor. Verse a normal army they aren't amazing but verse my army they are pretty scary and I don't have a ton of good anti-vehicle that has over a 12" range.

    Luckily I was able to get at least one into range.

    In turn one I pick off like 2 primaris intercessors. Got 1 point on a lucky 6. He moves up, pings off 6 wounds from the razorback. There was a lot of running his turn to get onto some objectives due to just the fact everyone was out of range. He gets no points off his two rolls.

    In turn two I got pretty lucky. My vets get out of the razorback, use the extra movement to get to the middle object in cover. And get in range of the stormtalon with the combi-melta but not half range.

    I unload pretty much everything into the Stormtalon and get it down to 4 wounds. Charge with my vanguard vets and get them in. Lose two on the way in also. And the heavy thunderhammer does what it does best and knocks it out of the sky with like 10 damage.

    The following turns are me taking out the Redemptor with frag cannons and melta and then a great charge and murder by Watchmaster killing an intercessor squad with his spear shooting+combat.

    I won 9 points to 7 points with some good rolls. It was close. Lots of saves on just a wave of bolt rifle fire. That -1 ap on the primaris guns helps a ton verse a large infantry army.

    So now I have to figure out what to do with my new PL.

    I have 8 PL and my choices I think are:

    5xHellblasters

    or

    1xVenerable Dread w/Lascannon and Missile Launcher

    or save up as even if I lose the next game I get 4 cp and that lets me bring in the blackstar.

    Hard choices.

    03x29di.png
    Khraul
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Tastyfish wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Well it seems the Xmas army deals are $160 US

    But also only £100, or £80 if you get them from a UK discounter (with free shipping). Shipping from the UK would be around £18/$22 if you wanted it before Christmas.

    I did the math some of them are great deals just the debate about one of them

    the eldar one is INSANE value thanks to the knight

    Just i am not feeling it i can get the rest of it for dirt cheap and i have never put together the one i have
    It's a debate since my brother wants to build a biel tan army. He bought that army deal but has no idea what box it's in
    There is a stack of 12 boxes in the hall that are his. He doesn't want to search through them as he forgot what he packed in them an age ago

  • Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    You can get the Eldar army for £80 which is £10 more than the Knight costs if you got it from GW.

    You are getting Guardians, Dire Avengers, Jet-bikes, the Vyper and Farseer for very little.

    Plus Wraithknights look rad and will hopefully see a point drop in chapter approved.

    PSN Fleety2009
  • BrainleechBrainleech Registered User regular
    I am thinking about giving him that army as a gift
    He says he has the biel tan army from an age ago when I was showing him the siam hann jetbike one I have
    I just cannot find info or history on both which is odd

  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Think that would have been the old battalion box - three old jetbikes, vyper, falcon and 20 Guardians.

    lz06qfa5y4a6.png

    Tastyfish on
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    That set's from 1999 and really just confirms that holy shit the Craftworlders need to get some updated models. I think it's only the standard jetbikes that have changed since then?

    Burnage on
    KhraulMr_RoseCustom SpecialBrainleech
  • KhraulKhraul Registered User regular
    Local game shop is having a sale this weekend. The sale price plus a bit of generosity on the part of the owner has me the proud owner of a Death Masque set for $200 Canadian.

    I'm actually excited to try and paint harlequin checker patterns. Those and the deathwatch will be a nice change after painting Tyranids for the last month.

    Bnet - Khraul#1822
    Gamertag - Khraul
    PSN - Razide6
Sign In or Register to comment.