As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• Options
    BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Thousand Sons are pretty nasty with the new bolter rule. They previously had to get in the melee danger zone to really use their full damage potential, which meant they got a turn of shooting and then spent the rest of the game flailing ineffectually. I think thousand sons get an extra 6” on all their spells too? So they can comfortably sit at 18-24 to shoot and do wizard stuff, and by dint of increased range have access to more cover. Rubrics and Scarabs in cover are a bear to remove.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    Viking wrote: »
    @Chrysis don't forget your Rubrics/Sorcerer/combi-bolter terminators all benefit from the new Bolter rules

I haven't, but it's my first time going and it's a group in Japan, mixed Japanese and English-speaking, so I don't know if they'll be in effect just yet.

Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Been productive over the last two days. In my unemployment and job searching I built and magnetized two stormfang gunships, built and magnetized two predator tanks making 3 now, and built the two vindicators I have.

Just gotta build the 2 repulsor tanks, stormhawk interceptor, magnetize my tesseract vault, and build units for Necrons.

I do really hope I find a job soon but it is kind of nice building up all these models finally.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    I snagged four old mk1 chassis tanks on Saturday from a guy in my meta. Two Rhinos, a Vindicator, and a Whirwind. All are in pretty good shape, with the exception being the tips of the exhausts have broken off of the Rhinos. They don't have the original side rails, but that's not a huge deal to me since literally no used mk1 Rhinos have the original side rails anymore.

My Space Marine motor pool is getting to be fairly decent.

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Those little side rails always broke. Always.

I’ve been bashing together genestealer bits for the big sack of new characters they got. Finished up a Nexos, which was mostly just a regular guy with a scanner next to an upside down tau drone.
    Bpf2yDb.jpg
    Next will be a Clamavus, who mostly comes down to having a speaker on a pole, some headphones and a DJ station. I think I’m gonna actually buy the Biophagus, that’s a really neat looking model. I already got the Kellermorph and Eastwood’d him up a bit.
    IBnCFeZ.jpg
    Once I play a few games with the new stuff I’ll see if I want to pick up the robed guy or the car. My wallet is already beaten and bruised though.

Badablack on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    I snagged four old mk1 chassis tanks on Saturday from a guy in my meta. Two Rhinos, a Vindicator, and a Whirwind. All are in pretty good shape, with the exception being the tips of the exhausts have broken off of the Rhinos. They don't have the original side rails, but that's not a huge deal to me since literally no used mk1 Rhinos have the original side rails anymore.

My Space Marine motor pool is getting to be fairly decent.

My brother's does but he packs it away carefully since he did not glue it with plastic glue and superglue does decay

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Badablack wrote: »
    I don’t build lists anymore unless I can answer the question of what it plans to do against tides of T3 dudes.
    Yeah, that's wise.

I was going to crash into them and Nurgle Rot all over their faces, but the psychic version kept getting Deny'd and I couldn't get the Death Guard characters close.

What's also worked, for me, against this opponent in the past is just having a ton of anti-tank. Take out his major dps from a distance and then hit objectives / grind down his T3 people. Makes me even more annoyed by my target selection with the Leviathan.

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    TAC lists are really hard to write at the moment. How do you handle Knights and Eldar trickery and a horde of T3 dudes?

I've not been to a tournament for a few months, but I'm considering going to one this weekend and the answer to this question is vexing me greatly.

• Options
    BizazedoBizazedo Registered User regular
    Burnage wrote: »
    TAC lists are really hard to write at the moment. How do you handle Knights and Eldar trickery and a horde of T3 dudes?

I've not been to a tournament for a few months, but I'm considering going to one this weekend and the answer to this question is vexing me greatly.
    What armies do you have to pull from?

XBL: Bizazedo
    PSN: Bizazedo
    CFN: Bizazedo (I don't think I suck, add me).
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular

The answer is right now play Eldar Soup or Imperial Soup.

Counter with the same stuff you are running into which is kind of sad.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    I do pretty well against both as Tau, bringing the trusty broadside+shadowsun Death Star.
    Clever use of Montka will shut down eldar shennanigans, letting you get close enough to blank alatoic on planes, and you have infinity smart missiles to kill reapers pretty easily.

Against Knights you just ignore the castellian and kill everything else in the list in the space of 1-2 turns and win on objectives. I know of no other list that can have one unit fire on six seperate guard squads and do enough reliable casualties to clear them out on morale.

Most other armies you table turn 2-3.

• Options
    BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Mazzyx wrote: »

The answer is right now play Eldar Soup or Imperial Soup.

Counter with the same stuff you are running into which is kind of sad.

I am unashamedly a dirty Eldar Soup player. Ravagers and Venom spam combined with Craftworld Psykers and Rangers, alongside a dash of Harlequins. Should be enough to chomp through most stuff but the Knight/Guard/Custodes-or-Captain list has definitely given me trouble in the past.

• Options
    So thinking through, my deathwatch just kill the guard/supporting units. I have no issue clearing chaff as deathwatch. And the new bolter discipline helps me even more. I can put down a wall of bolter fire that hits on 3s and wounds on 2s on everything. And usually run a watch master so I can reroll hits and reroll 1s on wounds verse troops. The rest of the army just takes objectives at that point. I can also start pinging the Castellan with hellblasters or other big guns if I need to.

Chaos is trickier since I play Emps children. Minimum units of noise marines can kill on average about 4-5 guardsman a turn. Oblits do well with tanks. And I have a cultist wall to absorb a lot of fire back. And usually have distraction carnifexes in maulerfiends and the defiler. Which with the new points drops are damn good at being a distraction carni. And if I go first I can actually get that maulerfiend into combat with warptime.

Since I do have power armor bodies also prepared positions helps a lot. 2+ saves on a lot of units isn't a bad thing.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Contemptors are getting jump packs so I wouldn't put it past them at this point.

I thought that was a joke

l6b80tg529p5.png

I'm pretty sure it's Blood Angels only, because why the fuck not put jump packs on everything. I'm sure we'll see some flying land raiders for them as well by the release of Book 8.

• Options
    NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    Contemptors are getting jump packs so I wouldn't put it past them at this point.

l6b80tg529p5.png

I'm pretty sure it's Blood Angels only, because why the fuck not put jump packs on everything. I'm sure we'll see some flying land raiders for them as well by the release of Book 8.

I kinda wish it was just a regular marine jump pack, just bigger.

• Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular

l6b80tg529p5.png

It’s a one-use rocket pack that lets you be a jump unit for all of one phase (movement or assault) per game.
    Considering 40k blangels can psychically levitate their dreads every turn I don’t see the problem?

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    Mr_Rose wrote: »

l6b80tg529p5.png

It’s a one-use rocket pack that lets you be a jump unit for all of one phase (movement or assault) per game.
    Considering 40k blangels can psychically levitate their dreads every turn I don’t see the problem?

Considering that I never said that there was a problem I don't see a problem either?

• Options
    MaydayMayday Cutting edge goblin tech Registered User regular
    Wow, you guys are making a real problem out of this.

• Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    i apparently missed the best/worst part of the lady space marine debate.

so how about them deathsworn? omg, i need them just for their helmets.

3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    Matrias wrote: »

I want just those helmets so bad. They look great. I wish they would sell them separately.

I opened up the repulsor box. These sprues are dense. Been looking through the instructions to figure out where to put magnets for this thing.

What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• Options
    Stragint wrote: »

I want just those helmets so bad. They look great. I wish they would sell them separately.

I opened up the repulsor box. These sprues are dense. Been looking through the instructions to figure out where to put magnets for this thing.

My brother said that is the look he wants for his wulfen
    But he wants to know much they are and still is going forward he still wants to get MarkV armor and various wulfen parts

• Options
    TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular

l6b80tg529p5.png

That psychic ability is cast on self only so only works on librarian dreads.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    so how about them deathsworn?

Yiff Company.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    The new GSC Ridgerunner looks rad, and I am currently trying to decide which Ork vehicle I want to proxy it as.

• Options
    You have a wide variety of choices now at least.

• Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    i'm really not feeling that contemptor.

that said anti-grav jump dread as a new primaris unit, do it.

Yiff Company.

STAHP!

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    Built and magnetized my first repulsor. These vehicles are nuts. I don't get how they let this be as durable as a land raider with more fire power and cost so little. I still gotta build my second one and I'm not looking forward to it, so time consuming but I think I'll be able to finish it faster since I know exactly where to magnetize.

Yiff Company.

The pile starts soon.

• Options
    Built and magnetized my first repulsor. These vehicles are nuts. I don't get how they let this be as durable as a land raider with more fire power and cost so little. I still gotta build my second one and I'm not looking forward to it, so time consuming but I think I'll be able to finish it faster since I know exactly where to magnetize.

Yiff Company.

The pile starts soon.

They are great at clearing chaff.

They are just a normal land raider with lascannons and less armor otherwise.

u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    I'd honestly pay cash to just have someone come over and assemble a repulsor on my desk. They look cool but just the number of parts turned me away

• Options
    TheGerbil wrote: »

l6b80tg529p5.png

Personally I’m just freaked out by those claws. Seriously, why?

In other news, the new Tech-priest Manipulus (kill team) has an actual floppy diskette in his collection of random bits of technology.

• Options
    I'd honestly pay cash to just have someone come over and assemble a repulsor on my desk. They look cool but just the number of parts turned me away

So many parts. It is mind blowing. The ones on the bottom of the tank that go around the edges seem dumb to me. I feel like they could have been one solid thing but each of those bits is made up of two parts and there are 19 of them lining the bottom of the tank.

Since I have so many vehicles now I kind of want to run a Space Wolves parking lot and see what kind of dumb stuff I can get away with.

• Options

l6b80tg529p5.png

In other news, the new Tech-priest Manipulus (kill team) has an actual floppy diskette in his collection of random bits of technology.

Where?

• Options
    italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular

Yiff Company.

The pile starts soon.

Would you mind posting some picks of where you magnetized? I'm going to be doing these as well.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • Options

Yiff Company.

The pile starts soon.

Would you mind posting some picks of where you magnetized? I'm going to be doing these as well.

Definitely, I will get a imgur album setup with the spots.

• Options

l6b80tg529p5.png

Where?

Just hanging off the bottom of his belly armour. I’m not sure if I should paint it PC Beige or Cover Disk Blue…

• Options

l6b80tg529p5.png

Where?

Just hanging off the bottom of his belly armour. I’m not sure if I should paint it PC Beige or Cover Disk Blue…

Oh behind the keys

• Options
    bobAkirafettbobAkirafett Registered User regular

Shit man, I'd do it. Putting the models together is my favorite part. Isn't the repulsor a jump pack land raider for dreadnoughts already?

akirasig.jpg
  • Options
    honoverehonovere Registered User regular

l6b80tg529p5.png

Where?

You can paint his PC PC-beige, like GW did on the Sicarian Princeps.

• Options
    valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    i'm really not feeling that contemptor.

that said anti-grav jump dread as a new primaris unit, do it.

Yiff Company.

STAHP!

My fursona is a Deathsworn.

asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
  • Options
    Once again the robot shows off
    https://youtu.be/kz2Tol62mHQ

This discussion has been closed.