As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[WH40K] We are that guy. He is us.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Was there someone in this thread a while back that was trying to find somewhere to buy a Stormhawk Interceptor upgrade sprue?

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Stragint I think

• StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Yea, I was looking for one but I recently bought a sprue on ebay.

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
    Ah, mismatched timing. I just picked up and built another Stormtalon so now I have an extra. What did you pay for it?

edited July 2019
    Ah, mismatched timing. I just picked up and built another Stormtalon so now I have an extra. What did you pay for it?

In total I paid $18.82

A few people have said I should take the 26 broken Necron Warriors and turn them into Flayed Ones. Not sure how I'd do that or if it would be worth it, I've never really felt like Flayed Ones are worth fielding. I still very much like the idea of casting clear parts to glue in place to make it look like it is phasing. Very hesitant to do that though, very inexperienced with stuff like that.

With the Necron apoc box I have 4 of the Crypteks from the Forgebane box now. I think I'm gonna take one of the canoptek spyder bodies and do a conversion with the Cryptek, I'll still have 3 spyders and I don't really use them anyway. I am looking forward to this.

I am also thinking of using a head from a beastclaw raiders kit, the stonehorn head for the head of my new castellan. I was thinking of doing another wolf head but I figured I should change it up. I might also do a different color but I'm not sure what.

Stragint on
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

• valhalla130valhalla130 13 Dark Shield Perceives the GodsRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I just bought a NIB St Celestine box, and that brings my Sisters of Battle Force up to 5 models, with Canonness Veridian and Sister Superior Novena.

I really need to figure out how I want to paint them. I'm not sure I want more black armor after doing some Legion of the Damned and a Deathwatch kill team, but nothing else looks as good to me.

valhalla130 on
    asxcjbppb2eo.jpg
    I have my brother's Sisters army this one
    zoeio30wmd5o.png
    I think he said he sent me his 40k stuff but I don't know where to look as he gave me a lot of stuff from then
    But I plan on doing them as the argent shroud
    m9ip81wj8cjr.png

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I always thought the Order of the Sacred Rose looked good (white armour with red and black trim), but painting white as the main colour for an entire army can be pretty obnoxious at times.

Sisters in general also suffer from literally all of their main colour schemes being nothing but some combination of red, black, white and silver.

• LanlaornLanlaorn Registered User regular
    After collecting a Grey Knights army, a Sisters army and now Tau... as Farsight Enclaves lol, I've painted entirely too much Black, Red, White & Silver.

The worst part is that any future 40k armies that interest me are likely to be Deathwatch or Primaris Marine Blood Ravens! Never going to escape these colors lol.

It would be kind of cool to do an escalation league that progresses through KT, 40K, and then apoc.

• italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    My local GE store had a few escalation leagues going on simultaneously. But it takes me about a month to paint a ten-man squad so I’ve never been able to participate.

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
    Stragint wrote: »
    A few people have said I should take the 26 broken Necron Warriors and turn them into Flayed Ones. Not sure how I'd do that or if it would be worth it, I've never really felt like Flayed Ones are worth fielding.

http://fantasygames.com.pl/nurgle-daemonic-skin/

This should work for making the flayed flesh that they wear. Get gross with it.

• BadablackBadablack Registered User regular
    Today’s penny arcade strip is pretty appropriate. And the answer is: no one. No one knows how.

FC: 1435-5383-0883
  • honoverehonovere Registered User regular
    The errata makes it pretty clear though, right?

edited July 2019
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/08/battle-sister-bulletin-part-11-battle-sisters-ahoygw-homepage-post-2/

Preview of the squad kit.

I would still have preferred a less corset and boob look for the reboot, but that painted pic at the bottom sure looks nice

honovere on
  • McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    I like that they have full helmet options for the kits. I always thought the SoB helms were some of the coolest looking, but least represented in the models.

website_header.jpg
  • TastyfishTastyfish Registered User regular
    Mayday wrote: »
    Isopropyl alcohol is MUCH gentler towards finecast than brake fluid. I wouldn't recommend the latter.

Does that still work on PVC models, or just the hard plastic GW style?

Tastyfish wrote: »
    Mayday wrote: »
    Isopropyl alcohol is MUCH gentler towards finecast than brake fluid. I wouldn't recommend the latter.

Does that still work on PVC models, or just the hard plastic GW style?

I know it works on the current plastic minis of GW but I did not leave them long in the bath and used a toothbrush to clean them

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    I used denatured alcohol to strip my Primaris Librarian and it worked a treat. It left some very thin paint behind at some points. Reprimed and base coated it and you couldn't even tell there was paint on it before.

Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    I particularly like Sisters in purple armor, it contrasts well with the white, silver, and gold that are often present in the rest of the model.

Alternately, a bone/beige armor with a darker, red or brownish cloth could look quite striking.

I found a thing of legend yesterday
    There was a book fair in the parking lot of a grocery store {well not really only a book fair as there was other people hocking their wares.
    kku9ya6zewqq.png
    The veiled path is not as scary to paint as I thought nor did it use the greens I thought
    It uses a lot more brass and bronze but I can paint it!

honovere wrote: »
    https://www.warhammer-community.com/2019/07/08/battle-sister-bulletin-part-11-battle-sisters-ahoygw-homepage-post-2/

Preview of the squad kit.

I would still have preferred a less corset and boob look for the reboot, but that painted pic at the bottom sure looks nice

I actually missed that the preview of the Retributors look a bit different and they seem to be wearing a cassock over their armour.

BattleSisterBulletinRetributors-May27-RetributerFlamer3ks-846x750.jpg

All Sisters of Battle, new and old, are wearing a nun's habit over their armor. The Hospitaller even has the hat. I think that Retributor just has a different style corset over the habit than the other sisters.

• ExtreaminatusExtreaminatus Go forth and amplify, the Noise Marines are here!Registered User regular
    God damnit. I'm going to start a Sister's Army, aren't I?

• daveNYCdaveNYC Why universe hate Waspinator? Registered User regular
    Between SoB and the Chaos Knights I'm worried about a serious increase in my unpainted, unassembled collection of plastic.

Shut up, Mr. Burton! You were not brought upon this world to get it!
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    Plastic for the plastic god! Sprues for the sprue throne!

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Honestly if there's any kind of Sisters battleforce or box set when they release - and there fucking well should be - then everybody is going to wind up with a Sisters army.

Burnage on
    Lanlaorn wrote: »
    All Sisters of Battle, new and old, are wearing a nun's habit over their armor. The Hospitaller even has the hat. I think that Retributor just has a different style corset over the habit than the other sisters.

I don't think that's correct.

Normal sisters old and new wear a tunic under their torso armour and a corset over the armour
    The hospitaller has nor corset, but instead a coif and no sleeves on her tunic
    The dialogus has just a tunic and wears some pergament like a scapular
    The new retributors lok like they wearing something like a jacket that covers the whole torso armour up to the neck piece

• McGibsMcGibs TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    They're all wearing dress-like habits with buttons that split along the sides into a front/back pieces. The sleeves are also part of the habit. The GW page itself says this.
    As you can see most clearly on the Battle Sister equipped with flamer, the habit is lined with studs that can be opened before battle to ensure freedom of movement.

Presumably they'd look much more nun-like with the whole thing buttoned up, but they're all wearing the same type of garments except for the difference in corset above/under the torso piece.

McGibs on
    website_header.jpg
    I'd be shocked if they don't have a Start Collecting box.

McGibs wrote: »
    They're all wearing dress-like habits with buttons that split along the sides into a front/back pieces. The sleeves are also part of the habit. The GW page itself says this.
    As you can see most clearly on the Battle Sister equipped with flamer, the habit is lined with studs that can be opened before battle to ensure freedom of movement.

Presumably they'd look much more nun-like with the whole thing buttoned up, but they're all wearing the same type of garments except for the difference in corset above/under the torso piece.

Is the boob armour supposed to be part of the corset? I've always interpreted as the corset ending under the chest piece of the armour? If it's part of the corset, then yeah, it looks like the retributors are just not wearing the corset over the tunic.

Trust me I've painted so many of these, the metal models are as detailed as these renders of the plastic models with the flowing cloth and buttons and eyelets and etc. I don't know if corset is the right word but Sisters wear power armor, then a big flowing cloth habit, then leather chest piece and gloves.

Personally I painted this part dark to be an armored collar part of the power armor but they actually even have cloth collars of the habit poking up around their necks, you can see it painted red in the official GW studio scheme (in spoiler)
    99060108090_BattleSisterSimulacrumImperialisNEW01.jpg99060108096_BattleSisterMeltagun2NEW01.jpg

WRT how many people start new Sisters armies, I feel a twinge of grumpiness over having a less unique army but at least all the metal miniatures will give me a lot of hipster credibility, lol ;-)

That said though, the beta codex printed in Chapter Approved was a big nerf and Sisters are one of the worst armies in the game atm, so there is another factor at play here. I'm hoping they write some good new rules but if they don't I'm not certain how many people will pick up Sisters no matter how cool they look.

• Redcoat-13Redcoat-13 Registered User regular
    daveNYC wrote: »

Is it usual for a Start Collecting box to come out with a new army release? I don't think it is. If anything, the Start Collecting box comes out quite a while after the release.

GW are only just now releasing a Start Collecting Primaris boxed set, and even then it's Space Wolves specific (I find this crazy that there still isn't a generic Primaris boxed set).

PSN Fleety2009
    Redcoat-13 wrote: »

Is it usual for a Start Collecting box to come out with a new army release? I don't think it is. If anything, the Start Collecting box comes out quite a while after the release.

GW are only just now releasing a Start Collecting Primaris boxed set, and even then it's Space Wolves specific (I find this crazy that there still isn't a generic Primaris boxed set).
    I know a lot of people are rather up set to annoyed they have not brought out the Imperial Fists primaris upgrade yet

• NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    So second game of our clubs competetive leauge, I was looking for a win here after being smashed by Eldar.

I played 3 Knights (A crusader and whatever the Gatling cannon + chainsword dude is x2z Warden maybe?) house Taranis.
    Admech battalion rusty 17
    Guard battalion with 2 wyverns and a basilisk using the vigilus company.

I played my usual Tau list.

Started off poorly when my opponent seized, denying my the alpha strike. Luckily his shooting phase only killed a drone unit and put one riptide to 4 wounds.

My turn, he had handily come closer with two of his knights. I paid the CP for the riptide to fight at top bracket and opened fire. I killed one knight and put the second to two wounds remaining after a frankly ungodly amount of 6+++ saves. The knight that died exploded, prevent the taranis strategem.

In his turn he kills a riptide and some
    more drones, he starts chipping away at my warriors. He charges with his wounded knight, dying easily in overwatch. It too exploded, rolling a 2” blast and killing a total of one fire warrior because of it.

My turn two, and the second Kayoun of the game comes out, killing this third knight and almost all of his admech. I take out the basilisk. His knight manages to get back up this time.

His knight kills the stormsurge, but the game is over here. Whilst we are tied in primary I’m already on maximum secondary ITC points and he is out of heavy firepower. He kills some more warriors and drones but I spend the rest of he game erasing his forces with units he can’t touch, scoring max primary.

So 1-1 in the leauge now. Feeling fairly confident in the rest of the matchs. Astra with a single knight, necrons, Chaos Marines with a Spartan (???) and Chaos deamons. Deamons might be tricky with the plaugebearers but he has zero shooting so we’ll see how that pans out.

Redcoat-13 wrote: »

Dunno. I’m trying to remember when the GSC box came out. I’d think that something or other would be on order though.

• GnomeTankGnomeTank What the what? Portland, OregonRegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    Norgoth wrote: »
    So second game of our clubs competetive leauge, I was looking for a win here after being smashed by Eldar.

I played 3 Knights (A crusader and whatever the Gatling cannon + chainsword dude is x2z Warden maybe?) house Taranis.

Started off poorly when my opponent seized, denying my the alpha strike. Luckily his shooting phase only killed a drone unit and put one riptide to 4 wounds.

My turn, he had handily come closer with two of his knights. I paid the CP for the riptide to fight at top bracket and opened fire. I killed one knight and put the second to two wounds remaining after a frankly ungodly amount of 6+++ saves. The knight that died exploded, prevent the taranis strategem.

more drones, he starts chipping away at my warriors. He charges with his wounded knight, dying easily in overwatch. It too exploded, rolling a 2” blast and killing a total of one fire warrior because of it.

My turn two, and the second Kayoun of the game comes out, killing this third knight and almost all of his admech. I take out the basilisk. His knight manages to get back up this time.

His knight kills the stormsurge, but the game is over here. Whilst we are tied in primary I’m already on maximum secondary ITC points and he is out of heavy firepower. He kills some more warriors and drones but I spend the rest of he game erasing his forces with units he can’t touch, scoring max primary.

So 1-1 in the leauge now. Feeling fairly confident in the rest of the matchs. Astra with a single knight, necrons, Chaos Marines with a Spartan (???) and Chaos deamons. Deamons might be tricky with the plaugebearers but he has zero shooting so we’ll see how that pans out.

Not sure I like his choice of house Taranis, or the 2x Warden. The 3x Hawkshroud Crusader is eating up my local meta. It's almost as abusive as the single Castellan list was, in fairness at a higher point cost.

To be fair to him, it's extremely expensive to make changes to Knight armies as the meta evolves. It's likely 1x Crusader, 2x Warden is the models he had and is trying to make it work. Still think Hawkshroud is the play for houses right now though.

GnomeTank on
    Sagroth wrote: »
    Oh c'mon FyreWulff, no one's gonna pay to visit Uranus.
    Steam: Brainling, XBL / PSN: GnomeTank, NintendoID: Brainling, FF14: Zillius Rosh SFV: Brainling
  • Lord_AsmodeusLord_Asmodeus goeticSobriquet: Here is your magical cryptic riddle-tumour: I AM A TIME MACHINERegistered User regular
    edited July 2019
    I do hope they release a sisters battle box, but I'll be picking up a squad at least in hopes of an addition to Kill Team

Edit: I'll probably go all helmets if for no other reason than I don't like painting faces

Lord_Asmodeus on
    Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if Labor had not first existed. Labor is superior to capital, and deserves much the higher consideration. - Lincoln
  • italianranmaitalianranma Registered User regular
    Don’t be scared of faces; they’re a little detail that can bring you a lot of enjoyment.
    https://youtu.be/fd2Sc-C0jhA

飛べねぇ豚はただの豚だ。
  • NorgothNorgoth cardiffRegistered User regular
    GnomeTank wrote: »
    Norgoth wrote: »

Not sure I like his choice of house Taranis, or the 2x Warden. The 3x Hawkshroud Crusader is eating up my local meta. It's almost as abusive as the single Castellan list was, in fairness at a higher point cost.

To be fair to him, it's extremely expensive to make changes to Knight armies as the meta evolves. It's likely 1x Crusader, 2x Warden is the models he had and is trying to make it work. Still think Hawkshroud is the play for houses right now though.

Nah, my friend has a lot of knights and they’re all magnetised, he even has all he forgeworld ones.

In the leauge players are allowed to change their list at the halfway point and he will be playing 3x Crusaders from then. I think the wardens were to have enough points for the artillery company.

I think the idea of Taranis over Hawkshroud is to allow for the knight ressurection strategem. It’s pretty oppressive if your opponents list struggles to kill knights.

This discussion has been closed.