As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Join us in thread and [Steam] group chat!

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Straightforward 2.5 skull assassination mission in a river valley. 3clipse, @Fanda and @Elvenshae take the rookie @EvmaAlsar out for a first mission. The Exploders spot an obvious mech ambush, and push hard east along the map perimeter to avoid getting caught in a pincer action.

The OpFor ambush lance is a Blackjack, Wolverine and Firestarter. Not too bad. The Exploders jump down from a forested ridge and start engaging in the river. The Firestarter catches 3clipse in our AC20 Hunchback with a 4x Flamer burst while he's still on the rocky bank. That adds 40 heat, but 3clipse has the Guts to handle it and will be taking his mech for a cooling swim next turn. No worries.

Focused fire brings down the Blackjack. The Wolverine gets cocky moving in on Evma, and 3clipse jumps his Hunchback behind it for a devastating rear armor attack with the big 100 damage cannon.

Then things go pear-shaped.

The Firestarter puts another 4x flamer burst on Evma, and even though he's got his mech in the cooling water, the jumping and alpha striking mean +40 heat pushes him to shutdown. That's an inconvenience, losing a turn to restarting.

Except before 3clipse can restart, the other lance starts sending a whole lot of LRM fire into his back from out of line of sight. A LOT of LRM fire. What-the-fuck levels of LRM come raining down. It takes out his right torso and its AC/20. Damn.

Evma restarts, but can't move or eject. Just have to make it one more turn to eject. More LRMs come slamming, and the turn ends with no back armor and only two center torso internal structure.

Turn starts... and the enemy Firestarter gets priority. A quick punch to the back and...

6b0RHRl.png
    @3clipse goes down.

Nooooooooooooooo!

Elvenshae rallies Evma and Fanda to take out the remaining ambush lance mechs. The Exploders more into the woods to get retribution on the second lance. They find a Spider, a Vindicator, a Striker tank and a goddamn LRM carrier!!

All of these are killed with extreme prejudice.

The remaining three Exploders head off to find the Assassination target: an Orion hiding up river. Fanda and Evma focus fire a leg out from under it, and Elvenshae blows up the cockpit while it's on it's back, nabbing full salvage.

t9NFzfP.png

37EM21u.png

RdLBuHk.png

Tough mission.

RIP 3clipse.

Now if you'll excuse me, our new Orion needs configuring...

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    So that means there's a spot? ...
    Too soon?

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    I jest, RIP 3clipse. His name was 3clipse.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    I TOLD YOU

I told you all the amazing luck was going to result in my getting straight up geeked on a mission.

RIP me, I was great, I'll see you all in Valhalla.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Well they died doing what they loved, being bombarded by an incalculable number of LRMs.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    McMoogle wrote: »
    Well they died doing what they loved, being bombarded by an incalculable number of LRMs.

WTF Levels of LRM! That has always been one of the aspects of battletech that i hated. There are missions that if you take a wrong turn, you are engaging the lance without any LRMs while the other lance is in the other end of the map and rains down LRM every turn.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »

WTF Levels of LRM! That has always been one of the aspects of battletech that i hated. There are missions that if you take a wrong turn, you are engaging the lance without any LRMs while the other lance is in the other end of the map and rains down LRM every turn.

It's probably the single biggest flaw in the game.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    3clipse wrote: »

It's probably the single biggest flaw in the game.

Dakka?

Send more dakka!

Seriously though, i remember mech 4 mercenaries having a pdf module for missiles, is that not an option here?

• Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I jest, RIP 3clipse. His name was 3clipse.

He only appeared for a brief moment, and would damage your eyes if you looked directly at him.

Farewell!

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    I TOLD YOU

I told you all the amazing luck was going to result in my getting straight up geeked on a mission.

I'd pour one out, but I think I'm still in the infirmary.

I'm sure I'll remember when I get out . . .

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    MadicanMadican No face Registered User regular
    Kalnaur wrote: »
    I TOLD YOU

You could always pour out a bottle of ethanol

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Madican wrote: »
    I TOLD YOU

Yeah, but then what will I drink while I'm in medical?

I mean, I'm assuming if we work job to job that the medical supplies are more limited than cheap booze is.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    I TOLD YOU

I mean, I'm assuming if we work job to job that the medical supplies are more limited than cheap booze is.

Could always ask Pixie. I mean, all that infirmary time she's booked, she has to know where the medicinal scotch and stuff is...

I need to get back into playing this myself... I mean, if you get a frame you could turn into a missile boat, you could just name it the Gift-a-Pult and stick me in it, I suppose... I suppose I do have a lot of experience launching things at small, moving targets...

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I TOLD YOU

Could always ask Pixie. I mean, all that infirmary time she's booked, she has to know where the medicinal scotch and stuff is...

I need to get back into playing this myself... I mean, if you get a frame you could turn into a missile boat, you could just name it the Gift-a-Pult and stick me in it, I suppose... I suppose I do have a lot of experience launching things at small, moving targets...

But do we really need a pilot that mostly just launches stuff at Pixie?

. . . .Yes. Yes we do.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    JaysonFour wrote: »
    I TOLD YOU

But do we really need a pilot that mostly just launches stuff at Pixie?

. . . .Yes. Yes we do.

Suddenly that constant infirmary time makes sense.

• Options
    MirkelMirkel FinlandRegistered User regular
    Can't wait for @Iolo and the Exploders to get to the Flashpoint content, some of those missions are a lot of fun and I wouldn't mind seeing some after-action reports for them. Given you just got an Orion you actually should be able to tackle the 2.5-3 skull Flashpoints already.

• Options
    FandaFanda Hang a shining star upon the highest boughRegistered User regular
    Firestarters are such little shits.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    I mean good on them, they have someone who has done their research.

I don't agree with all their decisions, but if it is enough to make Steam improve its game then I'm all for it.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    As someone who works with an IT company that replies based on a ticket system, fuck ticket systems. That alone will make me wary of using their store.

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Sounds like it's built entirely around what developers want with little interest in what customers want.

No way to review games? No community pages? No way to talk about the games with other users? Ticket system?

My interest was minimal already. It's less than that now.

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    akajaybay wrote: »
    I made the age old mistake of bringing up and expressing an interest in a game in chat.
    8nRqyVJ.jpg
    That interest being I wonder if that game will be good or terrible. So @Pixelated Pixie figured I should figure it out for myself. Thanks Pixie!
    The final episode of the series just launched. It looks like an interesting take on the Life is Strange/TellTale style conversational adventure games.
    Throwing in some RPG elements like leveling up and skill points.
    *pictured above is the city council of St Paul Minnesota.

For what it's worth, my mom really loved The Council.

• Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    As someone who works with an IT company that replies based on a ticket system, fuck ticket systems. That alone will make me wary of using their store.

I don't know how bad ticket systems get, but I really don't know why companies use forums for bug reports and feature requests. My experience with companies like Microsoft, Google and Facebook is that when I have an issue, searching their forums usually gets me a five year old thread of people with the same problem, no one from the company responding, and new people chiming in every few months to see if there's a solution. If I wanted to use a bug report system to make my product and company look terrible, I'd do this. SteamVR hasn't been around as long, but my experience has been similar. There's no indication that anyone at Valve has looked at your report unless they deign to come in and post. There's no rhyme or reason to what reports ever get a reply unless it's that angry, insulting posts actually seem to get better results than ones that follow their template and include the requested details. And if anyone has a problem like a black screen, they often have to read replies from the peanut gallery along the lines of, "It's working for me, the problem must be on your end." I guess the bug report forum works well enough for the PA forums, but when I see that a product's bug reports go to a message board, my response usually goes beyond wary, and is more fucking ugh.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular
    Sounds like it's built entirely around what developers want with little interest in what customers want.

No way to review games? No community pages? No way to talk about the games with other users? Ticket system?

PA is my review/community page/talk games place so I not only *personally* don't care if they don't use those features, I think it might make for a 'cleaner' storefront, visually. Ticket system... yeah probably a bad idea for the scale of what they're proposing. We use ticketing at my job but it works well mainly because we're both not a huge team and don't get multiple simultaneous requests very often. But when we do, ticketing turns truly miserable.

• Options
    SpawnbrokerSpawnbroker Registered User regular
    After playing through most of the first dungeon of CrossCode last night, my Alundra comparison was spot fucking on. Some of these puzzles are lifted straight out of that game and plopped into this one.

One of the developers on this game loved him some Alundra.

Steam: Spawnbroker
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    After playing through most of the first dungeon of CrossCode last night, my Alundra comparison was spot fucking on. Some of these puzzles are lifted straight out of that game and plopped into this one.

One of the developers on this game loved him some Alundra.

All humans should love Alundra.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    NotoriusBENNotoriusBEN Registered User regular
    Did someone say Deus Ex? Oh that was me.
    Yet another great testimonial to the original game.
    https://youtu.be/pC5niDwkaV8

a4irovn5uqjp.png
    Steam - NotoriusBEN | Uplay - notoriusben | Xbox,Windows Live - ThatBEN
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    akajaybay wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    They did indeed film everything and used stills to make the VN. There's a great documentary about it, but sadly it's all Japanese.
    Did you get the true ending? Also, the bonus Canaan scenario is fully voiced.
    When I looked up the MC ending video I saw the making of in the related section. It was late last night though, I was planning on looking to see if it were subtitled anywhere because I would find the making of it interesting. Might skim it even untranslated.
    As far as the other ending stuff
    I did see the True Ending, I gave up partway through unlocking all the other short stories and didn't look into what the conspiracy stuff involved. I think I'm full now and ready to move on. The True Ending was good to see and I thought the reveal of the Canaan episode was wild; but actually watching it, I found it pretty uninteresting. Like it's crazy that an entire other story is in there with her, but I thought it was pretty drawn out and meh. Which, it's extra stuff, so no real complaint.

Here you go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWfcHwQmORI

Even though it's untranslated, you can get the gist of it, and it's still a fun watch.

Don't watch unless you've beaten the game, but you can see that every scene they filmed was done like a movie, and the actors spoke their lines, too.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    SudsSuds Registered User regular
    Suds wrote: »
    Signatures and the calculator are borked and I'm not sure why. Dunno when I'll be able to look at them so it's offline until further notice.

Nevermind, looks like they fixed themselves.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    OrogogusOrogogus San DiegoRegistered User regular

PA is my review/community page/talk games place so I not only *personally* don't care if they don't use those features, I think it might make for a 'cleaner' storefront, visually. Ticket system... yeah probably a bad idea for the scale of what they're proposing. We use ticketing at my job but it works well mainly because we're both not a huge team and don't get multiple simultaneous requests very often. But when we do, ticketing turns truly miserable.

I feel like community pages and forums can be situational, depending on how well a game lends itself to pretty screenshots, mods, grouping up, evolving gameplay, etc. For a lot of games, the Steam forums are just a place for abuse and bickering. But I think no reviews means it's a place for people to buy Epic's games and nothing else. Reviews are where I go to see if there are any red flags before buying a game, and I can't imagine picking up a bundle of unknown games without checking their reviews.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    Oh, I see Koei can price this correctly. That company just baffles me sometimes.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Oh, I see Koei can price this correctly. That company just baffles me sometimes.

So do some of the titles of their games. Like that one!

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I'd like to play a Dynasty Warriors game again someday. I played a little bit of Dynasty Warriors III back in the earlier days of the PS2.

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Signatures and the calculator are borked and I'm not sure why. Dunno when I'll be able to look at them so it's offline until further notice.

Nevermind, looks like they fixed themselves.

These forums or another site? I didn't even know we had a calculator

• Options
    SteevL wrote: »
    I'd like to play a Dynasty Warriors game again someday. I played a little bit of Dynasty Warriors III back in the earlier days of the PS2.

Id like to as well. But about the time dw5 came around, they started to turn it into dlc shovelware, in the same vein capcom and companies seem to be doing to fighting games. Paywalling characters and their signature weapons...

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    I dunno, at a certain point the Steam forums are unusable anyway. If they're not gonna bother moderating them or quashing all the Nazism, then just don't have them. Same with all the other stuff that address specific Steam deficiencies.

I hate relying on corporations to fight one another for my sake, but if this is what kicks Steam in the ass and makes it fix its problems, I'm cautiously optimistic.
    Turning the Steam Spy into an actual Steam Spy is pretty good, though.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Why?

• Options

Why?

Because DW3 was legit popcorn. Mindless fun, lots of memorable characters/movesets, and couch coop when a lot of games were starting to say, "hey, we can make customers *buy* another game AND another console!" $v$

a4irovn5uqjp.png
  • Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    Also the cheesy/awesome metal soundtrack

and Lu Bu
    who you should not pursue

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Everything I know about Japanese and Chinese history, I learned from Puzzles & Dragons.