As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Join us in thread and [Steam] group chat!

• KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    CroakerBC wrote: »
    Zavian wrote: »
    there I was in Steam chat, doing some campaign co-oping with Karoz in one of my fav games, Total War: Warhammer II, playing as the Free-LC Dark Elf Pirate Cthulhu-Mask wearing bad ass Lokhir Fellheart
    uyX5f1M.jpg
    Unfortunately, while Lokhir Fellheart was single-handily taking down vast swaths of enemies, I ended up getting cut down by snooty High Elves from Teclis
    Dshjm1h.jpg
    VA3VQp7.jpg
    Just then, I was suddenly KEYED BY A MONSTER!
    Tj9ViS3.jpg
    qeRj0IR.jpg
    Much thanks Karoz for the Vampire Coast DLC! <3<3<3
    Now I'm playing as the badass Pirate Queen Aranessa Saltspite while Karoz is the Imperishable Settra
    SQic2ts.jpg
    Long live the Vampire Pirate Mummy Alliance!

I assume you mean "Alliance". Very trustworthy, those imperishable Mummy's.
    Very.
    Trustworthy.

Speaking of Games Workshop games, has anyone tried out Mechanicus yet? It looks like another iteration on 40K X-Com?

Sorry for the double post but @akajaybay has a thing or two to say about Mechanicus.

Karoz on
  • QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Quick reminder that this is still going for a few more hours! Come and get one of the best games of the past year.
    Quical wrote: »
    Hey everyone! I got a promotion!

I still don't have loads of money or anything due to my room mate moving out end of this month but I wanted to do a little celebratory giveaway of one of my favourite games last year.

Please feel free to enter. It ends tomorrow afternoon (UK TIME). Open to G+T Adventure team.

signature.png

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
    edited January 2019
    uyX5f1M.jpg

Figured I'd try a Lokhir Fellheart campaign, since I learned all my lessons watching Zavian make a mess of things.

*Fellheart dies to Teclis*
    rb7pgppiw1ku.png

Also learned that Black Arks don't reinforce settlements so I may have a bit of a rat rebellion problem for awhile.

Karoz on
  • QuicalQuical Registered User regular
    Congrats to @Stormwatcher on winning Celeste!

NNID: Quical
    STEAM: Quical
    Check out my youtube channel, maybe subscribe?: NerdAndOrGeek
  • RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    I'm calling Puzzle Quest 2 beaten.

I got really bored but there was fun at the end.

I've also burn through huniepop a 4th or 5th time. Its gameplay loop is much more satisfying. Although I really wish I could skip the tutorial and celebration scenes.

• SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    So I just went through a lot of work to get my Guild Wars account working. I had to send them my Steam Key #, what I thought my old ncsoft username was, and the name of one of my characters on the account (the name of which I knew thanks to a text file I saved from the last time I recovered my account in 2010). They had to create a new ArenaNet account for me and I was able to successfully log in!

So here's the question: is the original Guild Wars soloable? The last time I put any time into the game was during its open beta...15 years ago. I remember being able to hire AI party members, which was a cool idea. I was all ready to buy the game when it came out...but then I played the WoW beta and I never really looked back. I picked up Guild Wars on Steam years later "because it's on sale" but only created a character and left him at level 1. Yesterday I played it a little bit and brought him to level 2. The game definitely seems a bit primitive compared to other games, but still seemed perfectly playable. But I have no interest in playing co-op in this game, as I imagine the community would not be friendly to "newbies" like me who don't know what they're doing.

Karoz wrote: »
    uyX5f1M.jpg

Figured I'd try a Lokhir Fellheart campaign, since I learned all my lessons watching Zavian make a mess of things.

*Fellheart dies to Teclis*
    rb7pgppiw1ku.png

Also learned that Black Arks don't reinforce settlements so I may have a bit of a rat rebellion problem for awhile.

Well thankfully the Black Ark stayed operational so it let me reinforce a revived Lokhir and I've destroyed the Loremasters, playing Whack-A-Rat with Pestilence and putting down rebellions where I can.

Added some picture to my gallery but don't want to chug down any internets by posting the large versions.

edited January 2019
    SteevL wrote: »
    So I just went through a lot of work to get my Guild Wars account working. I had to send them my Steam Key #, what I thought my old ncsoft username was, and the name of one of my characters on the account (the name of which I knew thanks to a text file I saved from the last time I recovered my account in 2010). They had to create a new ArenaNet account for me and I was able to successfully log in!

So here's the question: is the original Guild Wars soloable? The last time I put any time into the game was during its open beta...15 years ago. I remember being able to hire AI party members, which was a cool idea. I was all ready to buy the game when it came out...but then I played the WoW beta and I never really looked back. I picked up Guild Wars on Steam years later "because it's on sale" but only created a character and left him at level 1. Yesterday I played it a little bit and brought him to level 2. The game definitely seems a bit primitive compared to other games, but still seemed perfectly playable. But I have no interest in playing co-op in this game, as I imagine the community would not be friendly to "newbies" like me who don't know what they're doing.

Ascalon Main story: Yes
    Factions Main story: Yes
    Nightfall Main story: Depends on your build
    Eye of the North Main story: invinciple boss that requires explosives dropped at specific places says no.

By solo, you mean you and npcs or you by yourself?

I only got into Guild Wars because nightfall was African as fuck and I never see afro-fantasy like that.

RoyceSraphim on
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited January 2019
    So I decided that the free Hitman prologue thing was fun and want to buy Hitman 2. Is "Season 1" the stuff from the first game you apparently can't buy any longer?

edit: ...and apparently I had the first game via Humble Bundle that I should check more often.

Echo on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Playing Ghost Recon and Just Cause 3 at the same time is weird. They’re almost the same setting, with JC3 being control of a fake mineral in an over the top full of explosions Michael Bay movie and Ghost Recon being control of cocaine in a gritty, realistic, well, Tom Clancy book.

Every now and then in Ghost Recon I try to hold E to start flying with my rocket powered wingsuit.

• Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Echo wrote: »
    So I decided that the free Hitman prologue thing was fun and want to buy Hitman 2. Is "Season 1" the stuff from the first game you apparently can't buy any longer?

edit: ...and apparently I had the first game via Humble Bundle that I should check more often.

Season 1 is just the first game in the Hitman 2 engine/menu. If you have Hitman 1 (2016) on you Steam account, when you get Hitman 2, it should recognize that and pull it in as Season 1, so you shouldn't have to buy it again.

Definitely worth playing Season 1 in Hitman 2, though, because you get unlocks from the first game to use (unfortunately you can't carry over progress from the first game into the second game, but since you haven't played it yet, it's all groovy).

Stabbity_Style.png
  • ZavianZavian universal peace sounds better than forever war Registered User regular

You can play the season 1 Legacy maps from Hitman 1 in the newer Hitman 2 engine if you own Hitman 1. And Hitman 1 is still available! Theres a Hitman 1 GOTY edition that has everything that came out for it. You can also buy Legacy Pack DLC for Hitman 2 if you don't own Hitman 1

• StormwatcherStormwatcher Blegh BlughRegistered User regular
    Quical wrote: »
    Congrats to @Stormwatcher on winning Celeste!

OH my, what an honor!!! Thank you so much!

Steam: Stormwatcher | PSN: Stormwatcher33 | Switch: 5961-4777-3491
    camo_sig2.png
  • EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    Yeah, I managed to figure Hitman-1-in-2 out after some initial confusion.

edited January 2019
    Had more fun doing a coop campaign with Zavian as the mean bean Pirate Queen Saltspite while I imperish in the desert as Setra but our forces have combined to crush crusading Bretonnian knights and foul followers of Nagash (after raiding the local Border Princes/Orks).

Unfortunately, @Zavian likes to be a true pirate and let lady luck decide by autoresolve for combat so I don't have any combat pictures of those wacky vampirates.

(Caution: big)
    Only this one of her looking mean at a settlement.

Fanatical Stardeal is WH40K Sanctus Reach $6

Karoz on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Playing Ghost Recon and Just Cause 3 at the same time is weird. They’re almost the same setting, with JC3 being control of a fake mineral in an over the top full of explosions Michael Bay movie and Ghost Recon being control of cocaine in a gritty, realistic, well, Tom Clancy book.

Every now and then in Ghost Recon I try to hold E to start flying with my rocket powered wingsuit.

No, the way i played Wildlands, it was pretty much Michael Bay explosions everywhere. Just Cause 3 was what Bay always wanted to be.

• JazzJazz Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Big Classy wrote: »

No, the way i played Wildlands, it was pretty much Michael Bay explosions everywhere. Just Cause 3 was what Bay always wanted to be.

Heh, I was pretty much the polar opposite in Wildlands. Sneaking around the place, attempting to remain undetected where possible, operating in the shadows.

Didn't always work, of course. :lol:

One of the beauties of that game is that both approaches (and many points in-between in-between) are generally viable, with only a few exceptions. Sometimes a mission will pre-determine that everything will kick off hard at some point, sometimes another one will make you be full-on stealthy, but for the most part it's pretty flexible. And if you screw one approach up you can switch it up on the fly.

That game was/is great.

Jazz on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Getting into a town swarming with Narcos, pulling out my suppressed rifle and slowly working my way through, sync killing if there’s a group of guys I need all gone at once, grabbing the intel and getting out unspotted gives me the kind of satisfaction Assassins Creed does when I stealth through a fort with no detections.

All suppressors, all the time. :+1:

• DoctorArchDoctorArch Curmudgeon Registered User regular
    signature.png

Congrats @Jazz, time to figure out what can change the nature of a man!

Wish I could play this game again for the first time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6732-9515-9697
    Woo! Many thankies, @DoctorArch ! <3<3<3

I see tiles

Mirror, puzzle quest 2, huniepop.

I close my eyes and I see a pair of straight 5s begging to be completed

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular

One of us, one of us! Gooble Gobble Gooble Gobble.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Getting into a town swarming with Narcos, pulling out my suppressed rifle and slowly working my way through, sync killing if there’s a group of guys I need all gone at once, grabbing the intel and getting out unspotted gives me the kind of satisfaction Assassins Creed does when I stealth through a fort with no detections.

I dunno if it was a limited thing or what, but check the weapons in the store for the Deimos Crossbow. It was free a while back so I picked it up because why not. It's almost hilariously OP as it's a OHK anywhere to the body, even on armored guys. It's completely silent and has pretty manageable projectile drop too.

Also, if you love crossovers, you can totally play as R6 Siege operators in Ghost Recon :D
    z0keVC7.jpg

Unfortunately loot box gambling is the only way to obtain them =/ Dropped a few bucks on some crates though, and got super lucky. Didn't get Montagne like I wanted though.
    BUiq8gz.jpg

Bonus cursed image/proof Ela is some kind of hell demon:
    K1TC6bB.jpg

That face haunts me in my sleep...

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
    Quickie FNG poll post this week.

Doing a bit of a fact finding poll so check the days you can likely attend and then use Other to include your games.

FNG Poll this week for times (add the games you're interested in)

Reminder: With school winding back up I will be running late Thursday and possibly Friday

• bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I see tiles

Mirror, puzzle quest 2, huniepop.

I close my eyes and I see a pair of straight 5s begging to be completed

Good old Tetris Effect

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    I think I'm at 18 or 21 fates determined for the Obra Dinn and I'm pretty sure I'm an olde tyme detective genius now. I know some of the later ones are going to be really difficult but shut up I'm a genius so far.

I literally clap reflexively when the "Well done" message pops up.

edited January 2019

Doing a bit of a fact finding poll so check the days you can likely attend and then use Other to include your games.

Reminder: With school winding back up I will be running late Thursday and possibly Friday

Given recent conversation I've stuck in a suggestion for Wildlands.

It's currently about a 66GB install so it's definitely one to have ready to go ahead of time if you're interested.

Also since it's a Ubisoft game it's worth firing off friend requests on Uplay to find each other.

Jazz on
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    I dunno if it was a limited thing or what, but check the weapons in the store for the Deimos Crossbow. It was free a while back so I picked it up because why not. It's almost hilariously OP as it's a OHK anywhere to the body, even on armored guys. It's completely silent and has pretty manageable projectile drop too.

Huh, fancy that. It's still free apparently for the next 6000 days or something :lol:

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »

It's currently about a 66GB install so it's definitely one to have ready to go ahead of time if you're interested.

Also since it's a Ubisoft game it's worth firing off friend requests on Uplay to find each other.

66GB? Table napkin math says 8+ days to install.

I'm out.

• Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular

I'm out.

Someone could copy it to flash drive and mail it to you faster than that. :lol:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
    edited January 2019

I'm out.

I doubt that'd be the download size, so maybe 6 days?

That doesn't really help, does it...

I'm out.

Sneakernet definitely still has its place. (Does it still count as sneakernet if it involves the mail?)

Jazz on
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular

Huh, fancy that. It's still free apparently for the next 6000 days or something :lol:

Oof! Time's running out!

For real though, it's a sweet weapon and you can't go wrong with the low low price of free. I play on PS4, and it isn't usually an issue for me, but I just can't snipe well in Wildlands. That crossbow helps out a lot with being able to go for body shots.

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • LD50LD50 Registered User regular

I'm out.

I'm out.

Sneakernet definitely still has its place. (Does it still count as sneakernet if it involves the mail?)

Where the hell do you live that your mailman doesn't have shoes?

Oh also happy birthday to @EvmaAlsar

Oof! Time's running out!

For real though, it's a sweet weapon and you can't go wrong with the low low price of free. I play on PS4, and it isn't usually an issue for me, but I just can't snipe well in Wildlands. That crossbow helps out a lot with being able to go for body shots.

I like sniping in Wildlands. MSR with a 6x scope, long barrel and, obviously, a suppressor. I'll pop someone from a quarter-mile out and no-one will be the wiser. The gun is almost as long as my character is tall :lol:

• McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular

I'm out.

I'm out.

Only if its Robert Redford who delivers it to you. Or possibly Dan Aykroyd.

steam_sig.png
  • QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Been playing Visceral Cleanup Detail. It's just such good zen gaming. Yeah, sure, let's pick up bullet casings for an hour, this is fun. But not sarcasm!

• IsornIsorn Registered User regular
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamworks/announcements/detail/1697194621363928453

Big 2018 year in review post.

Some neat data there. Also a little bit about future plans. They are going to be working on updating the steam library and updating the chat on the mobile client.

• EvmaAlsarEvmaAlsar Birmingham, EnglandRegistered User regular
    Oh also happy birthday to @EvmaAlsar

SHHHHHHHHH I'm getting through the day clean, damn it!

6YAcQE8.png
    Steam profile - Twitch - YouTube
    Switch: SM-6352-8553-6516