As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Join us in thread and [Steam] group chat!

• Options
    Pixelated PixiePixelated Pixie They/Them Registered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    vamen wrote: »
    I didn't try PvP, only coop PvE. The PvP didn't sound especially interesting, but that's also not usually my cup of tea. The PvE matches I did were basically just running to a waypoint, fighting a wave of enemies (sometimes an elite), then repeating until the boss. Classes play like clunky Overwatch characters from 3rd person. A few main abilities, a standard attack, and an ultimate that builds up as you play.
    Honestly, it mostly makes me just want a much more fleshed out version of Dragon Age Inquisitions multiplayer mode.

Hah, this makes me want to try it even more. Outside of Agents of Mayhem (which is excellent!) no one's really tried to apply the Overwatch hero shooter thing to other game genres.

Hmmm... yeah, I'm back to "interested"...

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
    ironzerg wrote: »
    Chipmunks are like nature's nipple clamps, I guess?
  • Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    Downloaded titan souls and titan quest.

Fun was had

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    HiT BiT wrote: »
    New Humble Caffeine Bundle:

$1
    • Headlander
    • GoNNER BLüEBERRY EDiTION
    • Treadnauts
    • Caffeine
    • Caffeine Gamer Pack (UK only)

BTA:
    • This War of Mine
    • Ken Follett's The Pillars of the Earth
    • Dear Esther: Landmark Edition

$10:
    • Tyranny
    • Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun

Tyranny and Shadow Tactics at $10? I just bloody bought those. Those are two fantastic games. $10 for Shadow Tactics alone is a steal.

• Options
    Steel AngelSteel Angel Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »
    Obsidian has now confirmed that Pillars 2 is getting a turn-based mode.

Playing through the Divinty Original Sin games made me realize how much the real time with pause in Infinity Engine games was something I tolerated for the sake of getting an RPG with decent plot and modern for the time controls during a time period where publishers were allergic to turn based games, not something I actively enjoyed. I backed PoE 1 because I wanted to support Obsidian but held off on 2 partly for this reason.

Big Dookie wrote: »
    I found that tilting it doesn't work very well, and once I started jerking it, I got much better results.

Steam Profile
    3DS: 3454-0268-5595 Battle.net: SteelAngel#1772
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Poor Evolve. That game was so fun the first week or so.

• Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    I just saw an ad on my phone for a game on Steam called Breach... I guess it's an action RPG, apparently by ex-Bioware devs, and my interest is piqued. Alas, I am at work and can't look much up about it. Anyone know anything about it, or played it?

Are you okay with free-to-play? Because it's going to be paid Early Access and then f2p after launch. I haven't seen any additional info since August, though. But one of the promo images certainly makes it look like something you might be interested in:
    SDnN4aQrvNgH8JWS6aidTh-650-80.jpg

From this article: https://www.pcgamer.com/breach-game/

EDIT: I guess it has a Steam page now: https://store.steampowered.com/app/421650/Breach/

Yes, that was the image in the ad... you can imagine why it caught my attention. :lol:

I can't open the Steam page or PCGamer at work, so I was hoping someone had experience with it...

I talked about Breach in SE++, I'm just going to copy/paste.

It's a third-person mission-based action game. This game is basically made by former Bioware Austin devs who left the company after EA killed Shadow realms. They decided to make their own studio and basically took every game concept that was originally going to be Shadow Realms and developed this game. So much so that the Wikipedia description for Shadow Realms is nearly wholesale applicable as a description of the gameplay.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shadow_Realms
    Shadow Realms was designed as an episodic four-versus-one action role-playing game. Players would choose from six classes: Warrior, Assassin, Wizard, Cleric, Ranger, Warlock, or play against the Heroes as the Shadowlord. Each class featured special attacks, abilities, and strengths.

The game featured co-operative, third-person missions in an evolving world. Episodes would release frequently, adding new elements to the game. Players would also decide their paths through the story. Character and combat customization options progressed a Hero or Shadowlord to a player's style. This included guns, axes, and fireballs. Players could also mix abilities regardless of their class.

Four-player teams combated a fifth-player Shadowlord who controlled creatures, set traps, and changed the environment. Shadowlords remained unseen until they possessed a monster, cast a spell, or chose to reveal themselves.

There are some differences however, namely it takes place during a near-future time period instead, and there is a much larger variation in available classes for both humans and Veil Demons(this game's name for Shadowlords) relative to what Shadow Realms was going to offer.

The game's in paid Early Access right now, eventually switching to f2p as it gets closer to release. Monetization after release will be done by way of unlocking classes(you can also optionally grind them out over time) and a rotating wardrobe of cosmetic options - actual gear is primarily from mission drops. I think my only complaint at this point is that the cosmetics are probably a bit too pricey right now.

• Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    Now i'm repeating the same sequence of a psychopath's mind over and over again because I don't know what password to say to a giant spider to make it not eat me. This is after many attempts to ditch/kill/turn in said psychopath that fail because the game really wants me to team up with her.

I don't think Heroes Rise is for me. Yeah I could just brute force it, but I don't want to because this story they are forcing me to do is awful.

Aistan on
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    I need to finish baldurs gate/icewind dale esque games sometime in my life rather than give up.

Finding a sword with my name on it was novel in iw d

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    Now i'm repeating the same sequence of a psychopath's mind over and over again because I don't know what password to say to a giant spider to make it not eat me. This is after many attempts to ditch/kill/turn in said psychopath that fail because the game really wants me to team up with her.

I don't think Heroes Rise is for me. Yeah I could just brute force it, but I don't want to because this story they are forcing me to do is awful.

Well, no game's for everyone. There's a secret that you can use to get past it, but if a series doesn't click with you, it doesn't click.

If you still want to continue past it, I can at least give you the secret to the check. It's... not that clear. Check the spoiler if you want.

I think you're stuck on the part where it demands a password from you- that you have to convince said being that you're supposed to be there- that you're part of Prodigal's mind. The key here is to listen to the parrot- enter one of those nonsense words he spouts off and you should be good to go.

steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    I've already uninstalled it, after three wrong guesses I really didn't want to click through all that repeated scenery again. Thanks again for gifting them though, I really liked the first one. I'll definitely be checking out their other games. Rock Star and Robots (two different ones, there's not one about a Robotic Rock Star unfortunately) seem interesting.

• Options
    CHAOS;CHILD.... by the creators of STEINS;GATE...

Goddammit. I hate everything about this. Just fuck you guys. That's not how semicolons work. Take your games and shove them -- somewhere.

:evil:

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular

Goddammit. I hate everything about this. Just fuck you guys. That's not how semicolons work. Take your games and shove them -- somewhere.

Thank you.

I've only ever glanced at the first game once or twice and there's nothing objectionable there but that fucking semicolon is a thorn in the punctuation center of my brain.

• Options
    Semicolons make everything cooler.

• Options
    EriktheVikingGamerEriktheVikingGamer Registered User regular
    Semicolons make everything; cooler.

fix'd.

Steam - DailyFatigueBar
    FFXIV - Milliardo Beoulve/Sargatanas
  • Options
    No i'm not cool enough to use semicolons.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular

:

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    nvm - I think I missed what you were going for there. Now I get it. :lol:

Pixelated Pixie on
    ~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    I was making a butt joke.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, I was a bit slow on the uptake there... >.>

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular

Let me tell you about Kingdom Hearts....

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    P;I;X;I;E

• Options
    dadvk4o0noke.jpg

~~ Pixie on Steam ~~
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    P;I;X;I;E

My favorite Metal Gear villain.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Pixel:Pixie::Semi:Colon

• Options
    Stabbity StyleStabbity Style He/Him | Warning: Mothership Reporting Kennewick, WARegistered User regular
    Gear Girl wrote: »
    P;I;X;I;E

P;x;e

Stabbity_Style.png
  • Options
    Don't starve getting content update soon

I seen my future ebbing

• Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular

Hey, that's something I heard good critics about, let's wish;list it.

• Options
    KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    Hey all, I'm starting a fresh Jill run of REHD in prep for RE2 on Friday. Link is in the signature, or also here.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular

I seen my future ebbing

I wish there was a survive-light option in Don't Starve, cause I suck too bad and inevitably die and the starting grind just kills my interest in Don't Starve.

Oh well *puts on VR headset for The Forest*

• Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    0wmtch1gapd4.png

• Options
    How did I miss that Killer 7 hit Steam?

I still have the GC version and a working Wii, but....

Zdy0pmg.jpg
  • Options
    FlorinFlorin Registered User regular
    Karoz wrote: »

I seen my future ebbing

I wish there was a survive-light option in Don't Starve, cause I suck too bad and inevitably die and the starting grind just kills my interest in Don't Starve.

Before creating a new map you can select how much of each resource you want on it. Just turn all food to max, turn hounds off, make winter short and it should be like a walk in the park.

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Florin wrote: »
    Karoz wrote: »

I seen my future ebbing

Before creating a new map you can select how much of each resource you want on it. Just turn all food to max, turn hounds off, make winter short and it should be like a walk in the park.

Implying I ever get to winter. Oh you~

But I will keep it in mind in case my sister and I ever want to play Don't Starve Together again.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    PC version of the latest Senran Kagura (a remake of the original 3DS game) is out. Seems like a pretty good port, apart from the fact that *heavy sigh* it initially starts up in a low-res window and makes you play for fifteen minutes before letting you access the settings menu. Dear console-to-PC port programmers, WILL YOU STOP DOING THIS SHIT ALREADY.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Thanks for the tips, everyone!
    Iolo wrote: »
    @Heatwave, that first bounty hunter kept wrecking me as well. I tried a bunch of different things and just could not live. It was like No Country For Old Men - that level five bounty hunter felt like a relentless force of nature, dogging my steps until it found me and efficiently dispatched me.

(The first time I got a bounty hunter down to within one melee strike of death, a second one arrived and killed me before I could do him in!)

Now they aren't quite the death sentence they once were, although I give them the respect they are due as they usually come with about a billion hit points. I think I got more practice in blocking attacks and dodging the red glow unavoidable strikes. I was pretty rubbish out of the gate. Better gear certainly helps too, as well as some ability points increasing weapon damage and overall armor and adding some powerful tactical options.

One thing I learned from a load screen tip (and I apologize if you know this already) is that when a bounty is placed on you, your map will show you where the person is who placed it. If you go and kill the bounty setter, the bounty goes away. True, they are often in the middle of a well guarded and hostile compound. But if you feel like your sneaky assassination game is better than your dodgy warrior game, you can always remove the pressure of bounties by taking out the nimrod who ordered them in the first place.

(You can also pay bounties from the map. Hold 'P' on PC. But why pay precious drachmae when you can go and murder someone? The game isn't called "Spender's Creed.")

EDIT: Oh, and to jump from a rooftop to nearby pillars, hold the shift key.

Yeah looks like I'll need to work on upgrades. Haven't looked into the engraving system yet in game, but it looks simple enough.

I really want to kill this mother fucker though, since he makes rounds in the market place. Next time I play I'll try parrying as well, instead of just dodging :P

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    After playing the intro to titan quest, i'm reminded of that visual novel someone gave pixie where the player tries to date medusa and other gorgons

• Options
    HeatwaveHeatwave Come, now, and walk the path of explosions with me!Registered User regular
    Semicolons make everything cooler.

NjH6g41.jpg

P2n5r3l.jpg
    Steam / Origin & Wii U: Heatwave111 / FC: 4227-1965-3206 / Battle.net: Heatwave#11356
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    How do transformers stay so clean when they've got tires bouncing around all over? Is dirt not a thing?

9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    Basil wrote: »
    How do transformers stay so clean when they've got tires bouncing around all over? Is dirt not a thing?

Non-stick coating? micro-micro-microbots cleaning them?

P2n5r3l.jpg
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Heatwave wrote: »
    Basil wrote: »

Non-stick coating? micro-micro-microbots cleaning them?

Nanomachines, son.

Unrelated, but ATOM RPG is basically a Russo-jank version of the first Fallout, with all the delights and pitfalls which that entails.