As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Join us in thread and [Steam] group chat!

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    Golf with your friends obtained for FNG! Not sure if I should pull the trigger on Factorio or The Division though, 80 bucks between the two of them currently feels a little steep. :(

• Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    Hey steam thread, is Fanatical a legit place to buy steam keys? I haven't heard of it before but they have the Resident Evil remake for 8 bucks and that seems like a solid deal.

• Options
    bloodatonementbloodatonement Registered User regular
    I've never had a problem with them.

They do some good deals and solid bundles.

Zdy0pmg.jpg
    Steam ID: Good Life
  • Options
    SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Fanatical used to be Bundlestars, if that name jogs your memory.

I've bought a few things from them over the years, never had any problems.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I use Fanatical all the time, they have awesome deals especially if a game you're after comes up in a Star Deal.

As sadi, they used to be called Bundle Stars.

• Options
    -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    Having a browse through the Origin store, and I'm seeing a few games I'd not expected. Assassins Creed Origins and Odyssey, Darksiders 3, Final Fantasy 15, Vampyr, and more.

Is this a new thing? Or has Origin hosted non-EA games for a while and I just never saw them?

• Options
    VikingViking Registered User regular
    Golf with your friends obtained for FNG! Not sure if I should pull the trigger on Factorio or The Division though, 80 bucks between the two of them currently feels a little steep. :(

Factorio alone is worth the cash, that game will eat your free time like crazy

steam_sig.png
    Bravely Default / 3DS Friend Code = 3394-3571-1609
  • Options
    CroakerBCCroakerBC TorontoRegistered User regular
    Aistan wrote: »
    I mean Steamworld was the impetus for this, given I don't like card based combat and don't have a switch. The examples I had in mind were the Endless series and the -mania series.

The Endless series has an RPG entry?

• Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    -Loki- wrote: »
    Having a browse through the Origin store, and I'm seeing a few games I'd not expected. Assassins Creed Origins and Odyssey, Darksiders 3, Final Fantasy 15, Vampyr, and more.

Is this a new thing? Or has Origin hosted non-EA games for a while and I just never saw them?

Origin has had non-EA titles for a very long time. Basically since launch I believe? And they do it without trying to buy exclusivity from non-EA published developers. Weirdest thing aint it?

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    LD50LD50 Registered User regular
    Jephery wrote: »
    I started going down the Atelier series hole. Its a big hole.

I had a joke to put here but it ended up being too creepy.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Now thanks to Heroes Rise i'm on a real Superhero kick, and that tag only shows 37 entries on steam. Doesn't help I guess that what i'd be looking for wouldn't be a spiderman or a batman or anything licensed.

Maybe I should just play Saints Row 4 again.

@Aistan, I don't know how well they've aged but the the Freedom Force entries are great games with terrific non-licensed superhero goodness.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular

Factorio has been in a few bundles the last couple years. You may want try some of the various Steam selling/trading sites and forums to snag a copy for a more reasonable price.

Also re: it eating up time, someone built a functioning PacMan game in it. I thought I linked it here a few weeks back.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    There's a free multiplayer version out of the game @CorriganX was raving about, Synthetik, called Synthetik: Arena. This could make for a good FNG game some time.

• Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

Factorio has been in a few bundles the last couple years. You may want try some of the various Steam selling/trading sites and forums to snag a copy for a more reasonable price.

Also re: it eating up time, someone built a functioning PacMan game in it. I thought I linked it here a few weeks back.

Are you sure? I can't remember it being in any ever, and I'm doubtful because they have said they are never even going to put their game on sale.

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    https://youtu.be/5GNUc_fMGaM
    https://kotaku.com/last-oasis-is-the-most-pc-game-imaginable-1831997599
    wanted to move away from the sexual metaphors, but if anything deserved an "all my dicks..." statement, its this

RoyceSraphim on
  • Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    edited January 2019

@Blackhawk1313 Division is currently part of the Humble Monthly for $12 although it is a uplay key you can set up a launch option through steam to take advantage of Steam's social features.

Edit: But people do not feel pressured to buy games for FNG that may only happen once in awhile unless you are really interested in them.
    wanted to move away from the sexual metaphors, but if anything deserved an "all my dicks..." statement, its this

WITNESS ME!--steamy edition

Karoz on
  • Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    Kinetic Sculptures: The Game.

Very pretty, though.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular

Why be so coy? We can all see your signature image.

• Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular

Love the aesthetic. Kind of bushido logpunk?

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    Iolo wrote: »

Love the aesthetic. Kind of bushido logpunk?

Abraham Lincoln's dream finally come to fruition.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    The music alone is fantastic

• Options
    RoyceSraphimRoyceSraphim Registered User regular

Why be so coy? We can all see your signature image.

Fuuuuuu, i unstalled those....unless its titan quest, then yes, i'm having all the gay Greek sex this game has to offer

• Options
    MugsleyMugsley DelawareRegistered User regular
    Mugsley wrote: »

Are you sure? I can't remember it being in any ever, and I'm doubtful because they have said they are never even going to put their game on sale.

I just dug into it and you're right. I apologize. I was thinking of a different sandbox game, but for the life of me I can't tell you what game it was.

• Options
    AstharielAsthariel The Book Eater Registered User regular
    That is one pretty trailer:

https://youtu.be/2gp-GjGBaPc

I hope that this game will bring at least some profit for devs, from what I read they were not doing so great during a production.

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    Deponia: The Complete Journey is free on Humble Bundle

oig2xv997rjh.jpeg

• Options
    JazzJazz Registered User regular
    A good reminder for me to pause Humble Monthly this month, as billing day was tomorrow!

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Free is probably a good price for that, sure.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    AistanAistan Tiny Bat Registered User regular

They'd have to pay me, personally.

• Options
    Werewolf2000adWerewolf2000ad Suckers, I know exactly what went wrong. Registered User regular
    RE2 has unlocked, for those currently awake.

steam_sig.png
    EVERYBODY WANTS TO SIT IN THE BIG CHAIR, MEG!
  • Options
    an_altan_alt Registered User regular
    Jazz wrote: »
    A good reminder for me to pause Humble Monthly this month, as billing day was tomorrow!

Thank you for the reminder. I'm terrible about remembering to do that.

Pony wrote:
    I think that the internet has been for years on the path to creating what is essentially an electronic Necronomicon: A collection of blasphemous unrealities so perverse that to even glimpse at its contents, if but for a moment, is to irrevocably forfeit a portion of your sanity.
    Xbox - PearlBlueS0ul, Steam
    If you ever need to talk to someone, feel free to message me. Yes, that includes you.
  • Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular
    @Karoz not giving up hope quite yet but looking dim for me to make it tonight, my Internet decided to shit itself and there’s no ETA from Wow on it being fixed. :(

• Options
    KarozKaroz Registered User regular
    Karoz not giving up hope quite yet but looking dim for me to make it tonight, my Internet decided to shit itself and there’s no ETA from Wow on it being fixed. :(

Sorry to hear that @Blackhawk1313 but I will be studying for another hour then need to travel home. So major apolgies all around.

• Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    It's not Steam, but does anyone want a VIP invite to the Anthem demo that starts tomorrow? I have 3 invites burning a hole in my pocket.

• Options
    cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    vamen wrote: »
    It's not Steam, but does anyone want a VIP invite to the Anthem demo that starts tomorrow? I have 3 invites burning a hole in my pocket.

Ooh me

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • Options
    StragintStragint Do Not Gift Always DeclinesRegistered User regular
    Is anyone playing auto chess on dota 2 and if so, can you tell me how to upgrade items in that? Does it do it automatically and how can I tell what I need to upgrade?

PSN: Reaper_Stragint, Steam: DoublePitstoChesty
    What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable? ~ Mario Novak

I never fear death or dyin', I only fear never trying.
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular

I'm interested to see what Bioware is up to, so please count me in if you've got some left!

s7Imn5J.png
  • Options

Me too if you still have one, intrigued.

• Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular

Am I missing something or is it just not your type of game?

• Options
    KalnaurKalnaur I See Rain . . . Centralia, WARegistered User regular
    Gear Girl wrote: »

Am I missing something or is it just not your type of game?

If I remember right, Deponia is pretty much a "shitsack" world with lots of racism and misogyny and such, and the game makes jokes related to that or something? Basically, there's at least a vocal group of folks that take issue with the way the material is presented.

I have no real dog in the race as I hate point and click adventure games anyways, so it's a non-starter from the word go.

I make art things! deviantART: Kalnaur ::: Origin: Kalnaur ::: UPlay: Kalnaur
  • Options
    vamenvamen Registered User regular
    @cooljammer00 @SoundsPlush @Blackhawk1313 - They should be in your PA mail. Enjoy!