Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

SUPER SMAAAAAAAAAAASH BROTHERS

• WybornWyborn GET EQUIPPED Registered User regular
    so is unlocking still bugged in that you can reset language to keep getting stuff or should I just do world of light first

I'm unlocking characters at a very fast clip just playing on the spirit board and dicking around in Classic. Spirit board battles counting toward your time is good

Kelor
  • Blackbeard7Blackbeard7 Registered User regular
    im just gonna do world of light first since im gonna do it anyway regardless

also the order in which you select rules then stage then character is really fucking with me but I'll get used to it

• Raijin QuickfootRaijin Quickfoot Here You Go, AC SLATER ROD BELDINGRegistered User, ClubPA regular
    JOOOOOOOOKER

HEY SATAN! HERE'S MY WISHLIST! GO NUTS YOU DEVIL!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/registry/wishlist/1JI9WWSRW1YJI
  • Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    In online mode, is there a way to do a rematch and also change character?

Also is there a For Glory/For Fun option somewhere or do you have to just set your preferences and hope you get something good?

FYYss9j.png
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    Ryu's Classic Mode rules
    Stage One: Ken
    Stage Two: Zero Suit Samus in roughly Chun Li colors
    Stage Three: Green Donkey Kong for Blanka
    Stage Four: Meta Knight for Vega
    Stage Five: Little Mac in Balrog colors
    Stage 6: Team-Up with CPU Ken against Master and Crazy Hands

All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
    EvilCakeFencingsaxtzeentchlingdarunia106BeastehStiltsRaijin QuickfootAndy JoeGreasyKidsStuffZonugalPolaritieOlivawvagrant_windsmilskiShorty
  • Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular

Also is there a For Glory/For Fun option somewhere or do you have to just set your preferences and hope you get something good?

the latter

if you get a high enough win percentage you unlock a pro mode that's basically for glory

edited December 7
    i quite like adventure mode

this was a pretty good idea for single player content

I didnt spoil the map at all so im just kinda exploring

Blackbeard7 on

the latter

if you get a high enough win percentage you unlock a pro mode that's basically for glory

welp, looks like i'm never getting pro mode

FYYss9j.png

also the order in which you select rules then stage then character is really fucking with me but I'll get used to it

World of light is reportedly dozens of hours long

• AthenorAthenor Who needs lions when you have a battlecruiser? Registered User regular
    World of Light is kicking my ass so far. And teasing things I can't do.

iLaXVZ7.png
    Official member of the Grilling Gentry

"Brevity is the soul of getting your shit read." - Tube
    Rarely-updated Collecting blog
  • Green LanternGreen Lantern Registered User regular
    Everytime i think that nothing about smash bros can surprise me anymore they go and pull out stuff like that

• Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    Kirby's classic mode boss fight had me shouting in excitement
    it's Marx, with all his moves from Kirby Superstar, along with some new ones

BahamutZEROWeedLordVegetaBeastehPeewiZonugalPolaritieOlivawEnlongmilskimageormike
    Wyborn wrote: »

I was hoping it was maybe 10-12 hours tops

maybe I should go do classic mode or something

also the short hop shortcut is extremely helpful for captain falcon combo consistency for me

Something about the movement in this game feels very different to me in a way that's taking some getting used to

LegacyShorty
    Something about the movement in this game feels very different to me in a way that's taking some getting used to

I agree

also I found a spooky castle in the world of light mines, I hope I struck belmont gold here

My first Classic run was with Link. Try that out

K. Rool seems fun as hell

His F. Smash hits like a Truck and his recovery move is super useful

HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
    kime

My first Classic run was with Link. Try that out

Also Yoshi!

FYYss9j.png
    edited December 7

also the short hop shortcut is extremely helpful for captain falcon combo consistency for me

The quickest way to do it, by far, is just doing fights. Classic Mode is great and should be played on its own merits but if you just want to unlock characters until you find your main, just do Spirit Board battles and whatnot.

The unlock tricks, to the best of my knowledge, should also still work

Wyborn on
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    Wishlist amended for reggie's implication that all dlc is third party

1. Joker (Sega)
    2. Ryu Hayabusa (Tecmo)
    3. Rayman (Ubisoft)
    4. Commander Shepard (Electronic Arts)
    5. Goku (Bird Studio)

paBaVtZ.jpg
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I AM LITERALLY PLAYING PERSONA 5 WHILE WAITING FOR SMASH TO UNLOCK

I AM THE TARGET AUDIENCE

hi5 me too

Cept I am probably waiting til christmas for it

Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    Wishlist amended for reggie's implication that all dlc is third party

1. Joker (Sega)
    2. Ryu Hayabusa (Tecmo)
    3. Rayman (Ubisoft)
    4. Commander Shepard (Electronic Arts)
    5. Goku (Bird Studio)

4 should be Joker just to confuse people.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    PLAEmerlmaster999Peewi

The quickest way to do it, by far, is just doing fights. Classic Mode is great and should be played on its own merits but if you just want to unlock characters until you find your main, just do Spirit Board battles and whatnot.

The unlock tricks, to the best of my knowledge, should also still work

yeam im swapping over to classic for now

it seems like you cant set appearance %s for music anymore? just specific song or random? I assume the pools are now too large per stage for the former to be anything but a nuisance when say the mario stages have 70 something tracks

• AthenorAthenor Who needs lions when you have a battlecruiser? Registered User regular
    it seems like you cant set appearance %s for music anymore? just specific song or random? I assume the pools are now too large per stage for the former to be anything but a nuisance when say the mario stages have 70 something tracks

Go into My Music through the sound/vault options or whatever. I was actually surprised by the default balance.

iLaXVZ7.png

oh you can edit it in finer detail from there? cool

Well, it's a slider like before, for rarely to often. If you mean precise percentages, I don't think that was there.

iLaXVZ7.png

• NiryaNirya My name's Bo Rida and I'm here to sayRegistered User regular
    Classic is real fun, and I liked what I’ve played of Inkling so far.

Gonna save World of Light for after I unlock everyone.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
    edited December 7
    Athenor wrote: »

Well, it's a slider like before, for rarely to often. If you mean precise percentages, I don't think that was there.

I hadnt looked there yet is all, I only checked what was available from the stage select screen which is just random (I assume now using whatever your settings for them are) or a specific song

I do like that feature of being able to pick a specific one on the fly there. means I can pick divine bloodlines every time easy for omega/battlefield dracula's castle at tournaments

Blackbeard7 on
  • Sir PlatypusSir Platypus Registered User regular
    Man, if you aren't just doing versus to unlock everything in appearance order you wind up with a weird looking roster. Just characters from all over.

Speed RacerZonugal
    edited December 7
    Unlocked K. Rool and Incineroar tonight, as far as newcomers

They fuckin rule

Just gotta get Richter and Ridley

Blankzilla on

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Jesus christ how am I so goddamn bad at this, was I always this bad? Did I just not know? Holy shit I'm coming in 4th in all my online matches so far and lost to level 5 CPUs :cry:

rSjqbNT.jpg?1
  • PLAPLA The process.Registered User regular
  • Dr. FlamingoDr. Flamingo 49 Gilded Disc Perceives the Sun Registered User regular
    I wonder if Joker is gonna summon multiple personas or just Arsene. If it's just Arsene, I guess Jack Frost could be an assist trophy... but I want Morgana as an assist instead.

B-Sideways: Summon Mara

joshofalltrades
  • JavenJaven Registered User regular
    World of light is really fun so far

A lot of these encounter conditions are fucking bonkers

• Emerlmaster999Emerlmaster999 Scarf Prince Registered User regular
    We're all forgetting the best part of Joker being in Smash.

Joker amiibo

Dr. FlamingoSpeed RacerAndy JoeYaYamilskiLucedes
  • Houk the NamebringerHouk the Namebringer Nipples The EchidnaRegistered User regular
    Nirya wrote: »
    Classic is real fun, and I liked what I’ve played of Inkling so far.

Gonna save World of Light for after I unlock everyone.

Apologies if you already knew this, but character unlocks don't carry over to World of Light. If you unlock someone in World of Light they're unlocked everywhere else, but the reverse is not true.

TamerBill
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    My wishlist for a guest character is Banjo-Kazooie (the Duck Hunt skin being gone saddens me), Joker from Persona 5 or Master Chief.

One down.

- Fixed a bug where the Moon was upside down.
    - Fixed a weird door.
    Raijin QuickfootEmerlmaster999BahamutZEROFencingsax
  • IblisIblis Registered User regular
    Gonna have to go out of my way to unlock characters via other methods. World of Light is really long so far, and is VERY against giving you any of the new characters to use anytime near the beginning.

Like "Oh man, will this Splatoon power plant with Zapfish and shit give me Inkling?! Haha, nope!"

PJtsz6X.png
    Steam Account, 3DS FC: 5129-1652-5160, Origin ID: DamusWolf