As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

FINAL FANTASY FOURTEEN: tip to toe this is an ardbert

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    a nonzero amount of reason for choosing dancer would likely be the number of people who saw Lyse's outfit in the trailer for Stormblood and thought we might be getting dancer in that game

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    Yeah. That outfit screamed dancer. I know I was highly disappointed.

I'm hoping this time it's for real.

• Options
    BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Hey, when signing up for the game proper after the free trial, where do you put in the code for the recruit-a-friend system?
    e: nevermind figured it out

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    Huh. Apparently I got 4 Alpha crystaloids. So now I got my RDM 390 and uh, iLevel 385 average.

Jewelry is 380 Alphascape except for 1 piece of upgraded 400 Genesis

Cloth is 390 Ivalice 3 except for 1 piece of 360 Ivalice 2

Guess my next goal would be... Genesis gear farming? I don't relish the idea of farming Monastery for those pants.

Maybe it's time to look into Alpha Savage? Do I need to find a FC for that or is it feasible to do in the Raid Finder?

• Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular
    KiTA wrote: »
    Huh. Apparently I got 4 Alpha crystaloids. So now I got my RDM 390 and uh, iLevel 385 average.

Jewelry is 380 Alphascape except for 1 piece of upgraded 400 Genesis

Cloth is 390 Ivalice 3 except for 1 piece of 360 Ivalice 2

Guess my next goal would be... Genesis gear farming? I don't relish the idea of farming Monastery for those pants.

Maybe it's time to look into Alpha Savage? Do I need to find a FC for that or is it feasible to do in the Raid Finder?

can just do it from Party Finder. Do not do it from raid finder.

Join a learning group, watch a video or two, and you'll learn 'em pretty fast.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    Is there a guide for Pagos for the most recent patch? I hear that I shouldn't try it out till I'm Elemental lv.24 so I'm just doing logs in Anemos.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Genesis farming is likely easiest to do via Elite Dungeon Roulette. 50/dungeon run + 40/daily roulette bonus = 90/day. So, for about 20/minutes a day, 5 days/week, you can easily reach the 450 weekly tome limit with not a lot of work. Queues are even relatively fast for DPS because that's how most people grind for tomes.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Hey, does anyone know if the Shadowbringers Collector's Edition will ever be available on Amazon? I have a shit load of Amazon fun bucks I'd like to use in purchasing it, but so far they're only listing the Standard Edition.

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Got BLM to 70. DRK is next.

It's interesting to see how non-WHMs heal Grimlyt Dark. I really have no experience with either of them.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    Genesis farming is likely easiest to do via Elite Dungeon Roulette. 50/dungeon run + 40/daily roulette bonus = 90/day. So, for about 20/minutes a day, 5 days/week, you can easily reach the 450 weekly tome limit with not a lot of work. Queues are even relatively fast for DPS because that's how most people grind for tomes.

Adding the alliance raid finder is also a good idea. If you don't land in the latest raid, you can wrap up most raids in about half an hour.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Woo. Thanks to the help from @Khildith and finally getting around to trading in some gear, I ran Ghimlyt Dark. Holy shitfuck am I so hyped for the expansion and ready to go. Why isnt it July already?!

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Ok so as I've stated previously, it has been almost 2 years since the last time I played this. I quit shortly after the release of Stormblood, so a lot has changed.

One thing I'm noticing might have changed is the process of extracting Aether weapons out of the Palace of the Dead. I couldn't remember what the cost was this weekend, so I talked to the NPC in Quarymill and he was selling these wooden branch lookin' things (I forget what they were called) for 10 levels of aether per branch. And the red glowing aether weapons show that they need the green glowing aether weapon, plus 6 branches.

That seems like a completely different system that what I previously recall. For some reason I'm thinking you extracted once, got your green weapon, and then you had to get to like 100/100 or something and extract again to get red. Or something like that. My details are a bit fuzzy and lost with time. But it doesn't matter anyway since it seems as if the process has changed.

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Lucascraft wrote: »
    Ok so as I've stated previously, it has been almost 2 years since the last time I played this. I quit shortly after the release of Stormblood, so a lot has changed.

One thing I'm noticing might have changed is the process of extracting Aether weapons out of the Palace of the Dead. I couldn't remember what the cost was this weekend, so I talked to the NPC in Quarymill and he was selling these wooden branch lookin' things (I forget what they were called) for 10 levels of aether per branch. And the red glowing aether weapons show that they need the green glowing aether weapon, plus 6 branches.

That seems like a completely different system that what I previously recall. For some reason I'm thinking you extracted once, got your green weapon, and then you had to get to like 100/100 or something and extract again to get red. Or something like that. My details are a bit fuzzy and lost with time. But it doesn't matter anyway since it seems as if the process has changed.

Yeah, it used to be giving up 30 levels of each for first tier, 60 for second. Now you can do it in increments of 10 levels is all

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Woo. Thanks to the help from Khildith and finally getting around to trading in some gear, I ran Ghimlyt Dark. Holy shitfuck am I so hyped for the expansion and ready to go. Why isnt it July already?!

You ran it without me! >:( @CorriganX

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Polaritie wrote: »

Yeah, it used to be giving up 30 levels of each for first tier, 60 for second. Now you can do it in increments of 10 levels is all

yeah, the actual cost is the same, they changed it so you could progress without dumping a bunch of aether at once

they made the changes in anticipation for potd's stormblood follow-up, heaven on high

hoh is the new best way to level alt dps jobs and lets you grind out a decent weapon while you're at it

• Options

yeah, the actual cost is the same, they changed it so you could progress without dumping a bunch of aether at once

they made the changes in anticipation for potd's stormblood follow-up, heaven on high

hoh is the new best way to level alt dps jobs and lets you grind out a decent weapon while you're at it

Well, best way for those last ten levels anyways.

• Options
    Oh, does Heaven on High allow you to extract aether weapons also? I know nothing at all about this newest implementation since I've been away from the game so long. I'm almost there though! (55!)

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    grr...I have a business trip so I'll have to delay my return to Eorzea a couple more weeks. Looking forward to return to Sargatanas tho.

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited February 2019
    Oh, does Heaven on High allow you to extract aether weapons also? I know nothing at all about this newest implementation since I've been away from the game so long. I'm almost there though! (55!)

yup! they're ilevel 365, putting just above the lesser level 70 tomestone gear

you can jump in at level 61, though the story missions you have to beat to be able to unlock it are level 63

TheySlashThem on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I really want to get the red potd DRK sword, but getting to floor 100 and 90/90 is going to take a while.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    thanks to the aforementioned changes, you can just run 51-60 a bunch and cash in 10 points whenever it stops accumulating

• Options
    edited February 2019
    Level 70 Samurai. That puts me at 70 Samurai, Red Mage, Black Mage, Summoner, Scholar. Red Mage is at 385 iLevel; Summoner/Black Mage are 381. Scholar is 358 just due to scraps. Samurai is 361.

So yeah, I can finish the MSQ pretending to be a Samurai like in the trailer, woo, and I can grind my Ghimlit Dark runs as Samurai and Need the drops.

KiTA on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    So I'm back in on FF14 for now. Since I was dissatisfied with healing, I'm going to try a DPS this time.

Did you guys know that ninjas can call forth lightning bolts?

Why didn't anyone tell me ninjas could call forth lightning bolts ffs

• Options
    akajaybayakajaybay Registered User regular
    Rend wrote: »
    So I'm back in on FF14 for now. Since I was dissatisfied with healing, I'm going to try a DPS this time.

Have you found out about the giant flaming frog yet?

• Options
    akajaybay wrote: »

HE'S REALLY BIG AND ON FIRE

• Options

Also whatever bhavacakra is.

• Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular

baklava?

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options

baklava?

it's a shiny circle
    and it does a lot of damage

which, like, I mean it's not a big old flamefrog or a bolt of lightning but I ain't throwing stones

• Options
    Baklava is a delicious dessert and I'm not sure it is a part of the ninja repertoire. Not unless they throw baklavas as a distraction, like a rice ball or something.

• Options
    QanamilQanamil x Registered User regular
    Bhavacakra is a thing you push during trick attack.

• Options
    ZundeZunde Registered User regular
    Thinking of picking this back up since my brother and mom have moved on to this leaving me alone on warcraft. The issue is i can't remember my Log in information or the security question all i have is the Security token and email that the accounts connected to. No reply to my email ticket i put in two days ago.

Wondering if i should just start over wholesale.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Zunde wrote: »
    Thinking of picking this back up since my brother and mom have moved on to this leaving me alone on warcraft. The issue is i can't remember my Log in information or the security question all i have is the Security token and email that the accounts connected to. No reply to my email ticket i put in two days ago.

Wondering if i should just start over wholesale.

You can call them, is quicker.

• Options
    KhildithKhildith Registered User regular
    Man the healer AI in squadron dungeons is complete garbage.

I'm the only party member damaged, sitting at 100/2500 hp while tanking and my healer is standing on the far side of the room where the boss knocked them, repeatedly casting medica and only hitting herself. Even worse is when shes in range and just casts Stone while I'm at a quarter HP. At least the Arcanist dps will cast physick on me when the healer refuses to heal.

I guess overall its like playing with a normal pug!

• Options
    388 iLevel on my Red Mage. There's nothing left for me in Ivalice 3 since I got my Genesis Pants + Upgraded them to 400.

Maxed out my Genesis tokens last night, too, so, uh. I'm done with the game until next week I guess? :P

So the long slog to get a full set of upgraded Genesis gear beings, I guess?

Only thing I need is an Ivalice 3 drop, suppose I'll try and get one for my Samurai or Scholar. Maybe. Getting real tired of Thunder God Cid.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    388 iLevel on my Red Mage. There's nothing left for me in Ivalice 3 since I got my Genesis Pants + Upgraded them to 400.

Maxed out my Genesis tokens last night, too, so, uh. I'm done with the game until next week I guess? :P

Only thing I need is an Ivalice 3 drop, suppose I'll try and get one for my Samurai or Scholar. Maybe. Getting real tired of Thunder God Cid.
    Also should note that Shallac/twine can be gain via hunt logs. 4 and 6, or 2000 and 3000 seals, respectively. So you can always join some trains and do your dailys.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    McMoogle wrote: »

Also should note that Shallac/twine can be gain via hunt logs. 4 and 6, or 2000 and 3000 seals, respectively. So you can always join some trains and do your dailys.

Never actually done a hunt, actually.

• Options
    edited February 2019

B/A/S ranks: Same kind of thing as NMs in Eureka or whatever, except they spawn in the overworld randomly. B ranks are always somewhere and have a random weekly one per person (only ARR ones of these). A/S basically people just group up and curbstomp them because they don't have FATE scaling or anything and blow up fast. Some of them have some nasty moves, but it's basically just joining a linkshell that will call things out (and echo callouts from other linkshells) and then showing up and grabbing a party.

There's also bounties on individual normal enemies that are randomized per player you can grab. ARR's are daily, can't recall for the other sets.

Also note that ARR marks have a different type of seal they give. I think A/S ranks may still give the centurio seals used by expansions on top of it? Can't recall.

Polaritie on
  • Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    edited February 2019

B/A/S ranks: Same kind of thing as NMs in Eureka or whatever, except they spawn in the overworld randomly. B ranks are always somewhere and have a random weekly one per person (only ARR ones of these). A/S basically people just group up and curbstomp them because they don't have FATE scaling or anything and blow up fast. Some of them have some nasty moves, but it's basically just joining a linkshell that will call things out (and echo callouts from other linkshells) and then showing up and grabbing a party.

There's also bounties on individual normal enemies that are randomized per player you can grab. ARR's are daily, can't recall for the other sets.

Also note that ARR marks have a different type of seal they give. I think A/S ranks may still give the centurio seals used by expansions on top of it? Can't recall.

Correct. Go to Rhalgar's reach for Stormblood related hunts and the Foundation for Heavensward related hunts. There's a Hunt board for 3 sets of dailies and 1 weekly mob.

The dailies are different amounts of specific but random mobs you see in the world. The weekly is what's called a B rank monster. A very specific enemy in one of the new zones.

Dailies will give varying amounts of seals that total 100, B rank will 100 seals. So if you do both sets you're looking at 200 daily plus 200 weekly.

That can all be solo'd.

More group related activities are the A rank hunts in each zone that spawn on timers based on when the last time they were killed. Random spawn in 1 of 5 or 6 set locations, I think its every 2 hours. 2 different A ranks per zone, 40 seals per kill. Difficult to do alone but not impossible.

McMoogle on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Gear GirlGear Girl More class than a state university Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Gone

Gear Girl on
This discussion has been closed.