Options

FINAL FANTASY FOURTEEN: tip to toe this is an ardbert

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Thinking about picking this up to finally see how they did post relaunch. In WoW I play a tank because people love a tank so they can do dungeons. I'd probably rather play a board tbh. Is there a massive class imbalance where a non-dps is desperately sought after?

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Thinking about picking this up to finally see how they did post relaunch. In WoW I play a tank because people love a tank so they can do dungeons. I'd probably rather play a board tbh. Is there a massive class imbalance where a non-dps is desperately sought after?

Pretty much constantly. Dungeon roulette queue times are under 2 minutes for tank/healer. But could be 10+ for dps.

About the one exception is the Alliance raid roulette, since those have 3 tanks, 6 healers, and 15 dps split across three groups. And even then, not really.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    I just was gifted this for Christmas. Thanks @Darkewolfe

I spent some time getting it running just fine in Linux after some tweaks.

I am probably going to roll with a healer of some type for most grouping.

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    Guess I'll roll a warrior then since it seems to be a decent tank and I might be able to dress as a pirate.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Guess I'll roll a warrior then since it seems to be a decent tank and I might be able to dress as a pirate.

Also, and apologies if you do already know this, but a single character can be any (and all) of the classes/jobs. So you could play all three tanks without having to roll up a whole new character and need to play through the main story a second time.

Do have to level them up with xp as normal, but there's options for that.

But Warrior is a great choice. My favorite tank, with Dark Knight a close second (very very very close).

destroyah87 on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    And pretty much anyone can dress like a pirate.

Now if you want a ridiculously extravagant and fancy hat, be a bard or machinist.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    And pretty much anyone can dress like a pirate.

Now if you want a ridiculously extravagant and fancy hat, be a bard or machinist.

Or Red Mage, obvs

• Options
    Red Mage can't wear Amon's Hat

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Yukira wrote: »
    Red Mage can't wear Amon's Hat

Quite possibly the worst mistake ever made.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I mean, I'd 100% roll bard except I love instant dungeon queues so.

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    Also, if not planning to roll an expansion class is there a need to have expansion content when starting?

• Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular
    Also, if not planning to roll an expansion class is there a need to have expansion content when starting?

Only if you want to roll an Au Ra.

Though I don't even know if they sell it without Heavensward packaged in these days (which add Au Ra, Machinist, Dark Knight, and Astrologian classes).

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    The Heavensward classes aren't available until you start Heavensward.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »

Though I don't even know if they sell it without Heavensward packaged in these days (which add Au Ra, Machinist, Dark Knight, and Astrologian classes).

There's a $20 version and $40 version on steam currently and the difference appears to be an expansion.

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular

There's a $20 version and $40 version on steam currently and the difference appears to be an expansion.

Starter is just ARR (2.0-2.55). Complete is everything (2.0-4.55)

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    https://youtu.be/FxTF_jG6dac

That said, the Vegas performance of Oblivion was better, mainly because they had the original singer (Susan Calloway) on vocals.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited December 2018

Before you buy either I'd point out that the official SE store has the complete edition for $30 right now: https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/444583/final-fantasy-xiv-online-complete-edition-pc-download

This includes ARR, HW, and SB. It's basically the all in one and it being only $10 more than the starter to get everything, it's a pretty great deal.

Kyanilis on
  • Options
    Kyanilis wrote: »

Before you buy either I'd point out that the official SE store has the complete edition for $30 right now: https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/444583/final-fantasy-xiv-online-complete-edition-pc-download

This includes ARR, HW, and SB. It's basically the all in one and it being only $10 more than the starter to get everything, it's a pretty great deal.

D'oh. Late by about 10 minutes.

• Options
    NeurotikaNeurotika Registered User regular
    But, remember that if you buy the Steam version, you can only buy Steam expansions, and if you buy non Steam you can only buy non Steam expansions.

• Options
    It should also.be noted the steam copy is pretty easy to get running on Linux comparitivly. Due to Proton for someone wanting to run it on Linux that is the better version.

• Options
    Also because I saw this as well, GMG is doing the complete edition for $23: https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/final-fantasy-xiv-online-complete-edition/

It's the non-Steam version, still, but if anyone else wanders in here it's a crazy good deal.

• Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I just saw a headline saying that fran's legs are in the trailer for the January patch

...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I just saw a headline saying that fran's legs are in the trailer for the January patch

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular

Yup.

https://i.imgur.com/yEmIyjQ.jpg

• Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    I am ready for bunny people.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    I am ready for bunny people.

Time to make some bunny kittens.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    EnlongEnlong Registered User regular
    Mind you, if it weren't for how obvious the shirt was in the fanfest, this wouldn't necessarily mean anything. Of course Fran would show up in the last of the Ivalice quests.

• Options
    SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    sure I guess but they confirmed viera

I know what you're thinking: they didn't confirm viera. But don't be silly, viera is confirmed

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    I didn't know it was in question. I thought they were already confirmed.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    They were originally leaning towards viera before they decided on Au Ra.

They had a bunch of concept art for em.

Gonna be soooo many bunny people.

Axen on
    A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    My giraffe person is odd but fine.

• Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Meanwhile I'll be one of 200 some people in the world still rocking Femroe.

We will not go quietly in the night!

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    I am really happy with my Hyur girl. I don't see wanting to change away from her.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    My Hyur man has been in so many cutscenes I could never change him.

• Options
    I didn't really love any of the character appearances at all. They all look goofy. The giraffe guy looks super weird but I'm committed at this point.

• Options
    In ARR I was Hyur, after HW I fantasia'd to Au Ra and didn't look back. Then I ran into Magnai in SB and we're basically twins so.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Meanwhile I'll be one of 200 some people in the world still rocking Femroe.

We will not go quietly in the night!

it's actually really weird how few roegadyns are running around

who doesn't want to be big?

• Options
    Roegadyn aren't blue enough, sadly.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    I've been a catboy since 2.0 and have never felt the need to change.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CormacCormac Registered User regular
    I don't see myself ever not being a catgirl. I haven't played in months thanks to Destiny 2 but I'm too attached to her just the way she is. Hairstyle notwithstanding.

Steam: Gridlynk | PSN: Gridlynk | FFXIV: Jarvellis Mika
This discussion has been closed.