Options

FINAL FANTASY FOURTEEN: tip to toe this is an ardbert

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    I would be roe but they can’t have scales all over their body

liEt3nH.png
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited December 2018
    Cormac wrote: »
    I don't see myself ever not being a catgirl. I haven't played in months thanks to Destiny 2 but I'm too attached to her just the way she is. Hairstyle notwithstanding.

I keep trying on different hairstyles, but I always default right back to the bob cut.

Just_Bri_Thanks on
    ...and when you are done with that; take a folding
    chair to Creation and then suplex the Void.
  • Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    I Fantasia between FemRoe and catgirl a couple times a year.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    soylenthsoylenth Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    Axen wrote: »
    Meanwhile I'll be one of 200 some people in the world still rocking Femroe.

We will not go quietly in the night!

Femroe is pretty rad honestly. Now I'm tempted to switch to that until the xpac.

• Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I didn't really love any of the character appearances at all. They all look goofy. The giraffe guy looks super weird but I'm committed at this point.

One sweet sip of fantasia and all your commitments will drop away. What is reality? What is this body? It's up to you.

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    soylenth wrote: »
    I didn't really love any of the character appearances at all. They all look goofy. The giraffe guy looks super weird but I'm committed at this point.

One sweet sip of fantasia and all your commitments will drop away. What is reality? What is this body? It's up to you.

Thing is I hate all of the bodies and characters. I'm a western art design person and all of them just look too animu to me.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    Then my advice is to lean into it and go full LaLa.

• Options
    NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    I started as Hyur, went to catboy, then Au'Ra when HW came out, then back to catboy, then to Highlander Hyur for a couple days, then back to catboy which is where I've stayed.

Au'Ra has a little too much shit on the face, which is why I changed. I liked the look I had, but could never get the face to look right with all the scales. I'm hoping bunny boys look masculine/interesting/intimidating.

• Options
    TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    I'm hoping for the opposite, personally

I want at least one race where the ladies are the bigger ones

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    I am really enjoying this game.

I wish I had more time for it though. Right now my life is eaten be other major life events so I've only been playing a little.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    PolaritiePolaritie Sleepy Registered User regular

Hmm, wasn't that the case for the Miqote already? Canonically slightly smaller males?

Steam: Polaritie
    3DS: 0473-8507-2652
    Switch: SW-5185-4991-5118
    PSN: AbEntropy
  • Options
    Just_Bri_ThanksJust_Bri_Thanks Seething with rage from a handbasket.Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Not that I am aware of.

• Options
    destroyah87destroyah87 They/Them Preferred: She/Her - Please UseRegistered User regular
    Would appreciate any confirmation or contradiction; but no female of any FFxiv Race is larger/taller than the male yet.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    No

• Options
    KyanilisKyanilis Bellevue, WARegistered User regular
    Finally got my Pyros weapon. Of course, now I need to grind light to fill in the stats but hey, progress!

eaC8qsO.jpg

• Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    Made it to 70 WHM in the passed week. I just need to finish the 4.0 story. I doubt I'll be able to go through 4.1-4.45 before the 8th, but I won't be too far behind.

Also unlocked RDM to fiddle around with.

acpRlGW.jpg
    Steam: YOU FACE JARAXXUS| Twitch.tv: CainLoveless
  • Options
    Last night I unlocked some sort of progressive infinite dungeon thing. Deep dungeon. Seems neat. Is it, and do people do it?

Similar note, I queued for an hour across two different pvp modes and neither ever popped. Is pvp dead/uninteresting or is everyone just moved to a different type since I'm still level 35?

• Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Aigh. I need more time.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    AxenAxen My avatar is Excalibur. Yes, the sword.Registered User regular
    Last night I unlocked some sort of progressive infinite dungeon thing. Deep dungeon. Seems neat. Is it, and do people do it?

Similar note, I queued for an hour across two different pvp modes and neither ever popped. Is pvp dead/uninteresting or is everyone just moved to a different type since I'm still level 35?

Deep Dungeon is worth it when leveling other Jobs.

Most people don’t play PvP. Which is a shame since FFXIV easily has some of the best PvP in any MMO. I say this as someone who enjoys PvP and has played a great many MMOs.

A Capellan's favorite sheath for any blade is your back.
  • Options
    Yeah, PvP queues are long. It was briefly populated when 4.0.0 released because it gave good to great xp/time. But too many people were just afking for the xp so SE nerfed it to hell. And in 3.x the pvp gear had stats and could be used for catching up (it was good enough to do current dungeons/normal stuff), so people did it for that. The Garo gear was good, and enough to finish all of 3.x story stuff easily.

Now... PvP just isn't rewarding enough. They need to either bump the xp back up or have stats on items again or something.

• Options
    I will say this though, the fact that SE keeps putting money and time in to the PvP is a good sign the game overall is doing pretty damn good for itself.

• Options
    McMoogleMcMoogle Registered User regular
    I will say this though, the fact that SE keeps putting money and time in to the PvP is a good sign the game overall is doing pretty damn good for itself.

Agreed. I'm often shocked by patch notes for extensive PvP content as my first thought is "Who the hell plays PvP?"

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Kinda dumb question maybe, but:

I have a piece of chest armor that visually included a helmet. It therefore, also, precludes wearing an actual helmet item. So far it seems worth the stats, but I am having trouble determining A. when the break point on that would be and B. how to determine in the future whether an item does that.

Edit: Needs an actual question. What do?

Darkewolfe on
  • Options
    Kinda dumb question maybe, but:

I have a piece of chest armor that visually included a helmet. It therefore, also, precludes wearing an actual helmet item. So far it seems worth the stats, but I am having trouble determining A. when the break point on that would be and B. how to determine in the future whether an item does that.

Edit: Needs an actual question. What do?

A: Go by item level. If you ha e a separate helmet and chest that are higher, use them. You can also add their defense values to compare

B: It stops happening once you hit 50 because its dumb and they stopped doing it. You only see this for a few tiers of heavy armor. There is also a pants+boots piece you can run in to.

• Options

Eh, I'm not saying that bunny males need to be strictly bigger than the females. I mean, I play a catboy, second shortest race. Size in and of itself isn't a huge priority for me. I'm totally fine with bunny females being bigger.

I just hope that it isn't a reverse Au'Ra situation where the males are, for no real reason, cute. I feel like Au'Ra females are a huge missed opportunity to make really fierce/strong not-Roe females rather than yet more central casting waifus, and I'll be disappointed if the bunny males were in the same boat due to 'balance'.

Then again, I've always been disappointed with XIV's races. Plenty of exotic choices in the franchise, and they go with variations of human with different facial features, and sometimes a tail. I understand the technical reasons for it, but I'd play a Bang'aa if it was possible.

• Options
    I'm pretty sure they'd give us playable Bangaa and such if not for technical limitations. But jusy handling ears/horns is more dev time for hats as is.

• Options
    reVersereVerse Attack and Dethrone God Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    The main thing that confuses me about how female Au'ra ended up is that they could've just done a midlander/highlander on them and had one be tiny and the other not, but didn't.

reVerse on
  • Options
    The original concept art for Au'Ra females had them as badass dragon-ladies of the not-Femroe persuasion.

Pretty much nobody plays Femroe (I do of course). There are literally only several hundred Femroes (300-600?) in the entire world. So as YoshiP talked about, they decided to go the waifu route since it didn't make sense to them to put in all that effort in to something no one will play.

Which kinda sucks cause I would've gone fierce dragon-lady in a heartbeat, but I understand their reasoning.

As to who will be taller bunny girls or boys, who knows? Though I think it is a safe bet the bunny boys will be J-Pop Boy Band hansom.

• Options
    Polaritie wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they'd give us playable Bangaa and such if not for technical limitations. But jusy handling ears/horns is more dev time for hats as is.

Plus, when I played a dude'Ra for a bit, his hair clipped through just about everything. I can imagine how bad it would be for more exotic races.

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    The original concept art for Au'Ra females had them as badass dragon-ladies of the not-Femroe persuasion.

Pretty much nobody plays Femroe (I do of course). There are literally only several hundred Femroes (300-600?) in the entire world. So as YoshiP talked about, they decided to go the waifu route since it didn't make sense to them to put in all that effort in to something no one will play.

Which kinda sucks cause I would've gone fierce dragon-lady in a heartbeat, but I understand their reasoning.

As to who will be taller bunny girls or boys, who knows? Though I think it is a safe bet the bunny boys will be J-Pop Boy Band hansom.

Man that seems like a real bad case of following a logic chain and reaching the exact wrong conclusion on the dev's part.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Ilpala wrote: »

Man that seems like a real bad case of following a logic chain and reaching the exact wrong conclusion on the dev's part.

It was much the same result for Highlander females compared to Midlander females too. With Midlander females far outnumbering Highlander females and female Elezen numbers weren't much better either. Whereas catgirl and midlander ladies were incredibly popular.

Axen on
  • Options
    Ilpala wrote: »

What correct conclusion are you alluding to? I'm missing something, because I don't see any other conclusion that's really justifiable from "Fem-roe already existed, players aren't choosing it as an option. The user-base for a strong female race isn't there to justify doing the dev time on a second similar option." Unless you're meaning something along the lines of: "Players don't know what they want, we're making the game and we know what we want to do."

I do play Fem-roe a lot, was one for the longest time. Then I Fantasia'd to female miqo'te as a change of pace and almost could not go back to Fem-roe, the flat nosebridge was the main design choice that really bothered me the first time I tried to switch back (couldn't unsee). Heck, I only switched back last month because I wanted to go back to the appearance that felt the most "me" when I got all combat jobs to 70. And with that aside, what I mean is that while I personally would love a second large/tall female option, I'm not exactly in the majority group on that.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    edited January 2019
    If you build it (a brick house option for female avatars), they will come.

EDIT: Didn't see destroyah's post. All I'm saying is I think they'd get more people playing them if they were more distinct. As it is, the women models seem closer to Elezen to me than what you'd expect Roegadyn to be. I'd like to see options more in line with, say, Zarya.

Ilpala on
    FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    RenzoRenzo Registered User regular
    I started as a femroe, but the run animation eventually annoyed me so much I had to switch away.

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »
    I started as a femroe, but the run animation eventually annoyed me so much I had to switch away.

Hah! I'm partial to the run animation. I spent many years in the army and the Femroe run is pretty much how people run long distance. Especially in a formation.

• Options
    Renzo wrote: »

Hah! I'm partial to the run animation. I spent many years in the army and the Femroe run is pretty much how people run long distance. Especially in a formation.

I’m going to pay attention to the run animation when I log on tonight. Because, although I’ve never had an issue with it, I can totally understand having a problem with an animation. Hyur female midlander’s default run was like that for me when I tried to switch to the race. Ended up switching back the next day. The run wasn't bad by any means (it's a feminine run, swinging the forearms side to side more than pumping the upper arms up and down), but it was not a run the "me" that is my character would have. So it caused an immediate discontinuity and only got worse from there.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    Speaking of run animations. I am completely in awe at the attention to detail in the various types of running animations.

Like, your default run animation is different from the sprint animation, which is also different from when you have a weapon out, with each weapon having a different run/walk animation.

That's crazy!

Axen on
  • Options
    Speaking of run animations. I am completely in awe at the attention to detail in the various types of running animations.

Like, your default run animation is different from the sprint animation, which is also different from when you have a weapon out, with each weapon having a different run/walk animation.

That's crazy!

Yes. The weapon out run animations were added in Stormblood (aside from Rogue/Ninja, which was in place since the job was added during ARR), and even if some might look a bit silly, they really help me with immersion.

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

That's crazy!

Yes. The weapon out run animations were added in Stormblood (aside from Rogue/Ninja, which was in place since the job was added during ARR), and even if some might look a bit silly, they really help me with immersion.

They also have unique animations for turning your character with the turning buttons instead of the camera. Most jobs aren't particularly interesting, but if you swap to RDM, and then turn left, and then turn right (not strafe), they are completely distinct poses. It's weiiiird. Why are they like that? I mean it's cool, but why put in that dev time?

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited January 2019
    This is where we all turn and stare at the shambling corpse of 1.0. Look at it. It never really died.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
This discussion has been closed.