As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Keeping an eye on the ESPN gamecast made me happy that we cut the cord and no longer have access to NFLN.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Six wrote: »
    I only watched about half that game but it was not a good game to watch.

Looking forward to Sunday, though. SEA@PIT will be a test now that Pittsburgh got their preseason out of the way.

Seattle is going to get murdered they barely beat the begals, the freaking bengals.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    The NFL is counting down the top 100 plays of all time and for some unknown reason they listed the greatest play of all time at number 99

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Anything accomplished against the Jets gets knocked down a full letter grade

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    marajimaraji Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »
    Anything accomplished against the Jets gets knocked down a full letter grade

I don’t think it makes the list because of the Jets’ opponent’s play.

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    99 is minimum 90 slots too low. that's a top 10 play if there ever was.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    I dunno, I think 99 is perfectly appropriate, with the exception of Sanchez running left to right on the screen. If you were watching it from the opposing sideline, 99 is basically the perfect position.

I mean, think about it. We know what "69" represents as it relates to the act. Therefore 99 is the correct number.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Looking forward to Sunday, though. SEA@PIT will be a test now that Pittsburgh got their preseason out of the way.

Seattle is going to get murdered they barely beat the begals, the freaking bengals.

Pittsburgh is boiled ass

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    LostNinja wrote: »
    Is amazon still doing that thing where you can live stream Thursday night games? I’d like to watch tonight’s game but do not have NFL network.

Thursday night is a mess this year. You can watch them all on NFLN and fuboTV (whatever that is), and starting with the Eagles/Packers game you can watch on FOX and Prime. NFLN will also have some Sunday morning and Saturday games late this season that are apparently only on NFLN (and maybe whatever the hell fuboTV is?)

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    FuboTV is an internet tv service, like sling TV. They started off as soccer service, providing live streams to a ton of international soccer games for like $7 a month, which was an amazing deal if you were trying to follow multiple European soccer leagues from the states.

Now they've expanded to all sorts of sports and other TV channels and are basically trying to be an internet based cable provider, unfortunately with the accompanying price hike to like 50/month or whatever, which differs from cable how exactly? I dunno.

• Options
    In addition to Darnold not taking the field...

"LB C.J. Mosley (groin) and DT Quinnen Williams (ankle) have been ruled OUT for Monday. Big losses for #Jets"
    - Rich Cimini is an ESPN Jets reporter.

If the Browns can't beat the Jets, after last week's disasterous showing, they can go get fucked as far as all their "this is not your typical Browns". I didn't buy into the hype that they'd make a playoff run this year (mostly because I expect the Ravens or Steelers to take the division, and the Chargers and someone else to take the wildcard spots).

But I did expect them to have a 7-9 or better season. Getting out to an 0-2 start by getting waxed by the Titoons, and then losing to a handicapped Jets team, is gonna make that hard.

I don't give a fuck if they're playing away. They're currently 6.5pt favorites. If they can't CRUSH that, against the fucking Jets, and with all the good moves they've made after 20 years of failure since rejoining, I don't know what to say.

If they lose, I think the league should consider de-listing them again.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Buffalo LB Tyrell Dodson suspended 6 games for DV.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Final first look at this week's maps

Not much movement this week. Only one switch. And Dallas is not the GotW! Because FOX wants some New Orleans/LAR revenge viewership. Also, so they can talk about the blown call all game.

Somebody should keep count of all the times pre-/mid-/post-game shows talk about it when bringing up the game. And how many broadcasts do it on any network. (Narrator: They shouldn't.)

I am surprised it wasn't booked into the SNF slot, but I suppose FOX pushed their weight around on it.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »

Meh, Seahawks love playing down to their opponent. I expect a grueling win.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    speaking of getting murdered
    lol miami

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Ugh, my options are Cowboys vs. Washington, or the Patriots vs. Miami. Why is the NFL so bad at televising it’s games? I’m not even in any of those teams’ market.

Steelers/Seahawks and Vikings/Packers are right there!

LostNinja on
  • Options
    Ugh, my options are Cowboys vs. Washington, or the Patriots vs. Miami. Why is the NFL so bad at televising it’s games? I’m not even in any of those teams’ market.

You know how MLB is nearly always Boston/NYY?

• Options
    A Dabble Of TheloniusA Dabble Of Thelonius It has been a doozy of a dayRegistered User regular
    Guys...Green Bays defense might be good?

vm8gvf5p7gqi.jpg
    Steam - Talon Valdez :Blizz - Talonious#1860 : Xbox Live & LoL - Talonious Monk @TaloniousMonk Hail Satan
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular

I'll trade you chargers lions for NE Miami.

How the fuck do they get Antonio brown and the first game against us? Fuck the patriots.

• Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular

Yeah looking good overall. Except for giving up a 75 yard run. 🤷‍♂️

camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The good thing about Dallas trying to suck their own dick is that there will be no adjustments in the second half.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Can we just get rid of special teams?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    edited September 2019

Looks like from the box score, the offense is clicking too.

I'm seeing Rodgers 11/12 for 149 and 2TDs (and Jones for a third). And it's not like the Vikings D are known for their shitiness.

Bad day for the Vikings D, or Packers O just being the Packers O?

MorganV on
  • Options
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    The patriots should not have been allowed to sign Antonio brown. I guarantee he's no longer crazy and will be a mvp candidate just like Randy moss. This is ridiculous and I think brown pulled all this shit on purpose.

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »
    The patriots should not have been allowed to sign Antonio brown. I guarantee he's no longer crazy and will be a mvp candidate just like Randy moss. This is ridiculous and I think brown pulled all this shit on purpose.

I don’t think that’s a very hot take. AB got in touch with people to figure out the most likely way to be released. Idk how the nfl didn’t make that a bigger deal.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Doink!

How's that possible? Bears don't play until later. :)

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Knight_ wrote: »

I don’t think that’s a very hot take. AB got in touch with people to figure out the most likely way to be released. Idk how the nfl didn’t make that a bigger deal.

From a league stand point they probably didn’t want it publicized. It was accept it or start a fight with the Patriots which we know they’ll never do (*glares at the OPI Brown just got away with on that last touchdown*).

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    How does one lose to the Luck-less colts

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options

From a league stand point they probably didn’t want it publicized. It was accept it or start a fight with the Patriots which we know they’ll never do (*glares at the OPI Brown just got away with on that last touchdown*).

So the 31 other owners are ok with players agitating for their release so New England can sign them on cut rate deals? If so, they’re dumber than I thought and I think they’re really dumb.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Yeah, they may not be breaking the rules, but the Pats are habitual line-steppers.

And the League going after them for all of it just helps them play the victim card.

• Options
    Yeah, they may not be breaking the rules, but the Pats are habitual line-steppers.

And the League going after them for all of it just helps them play the victim card.

Just like how they break out the “nobody believes in us” card when going to the super bowl basically every year for 20 years, they’re going to do that no matter what.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    RedTide wrote: »
    How does one lose to the Luck-less colts

First, it's the Titans. Yes, they can be scrappy. Yes, they can have dominant performances. But they're also one of the more erratic teams in the league, and dropping a half dozen stinkers a season is not uncommon.

Second, if reports were accurate, this was one of the most stacked teams as a whole coming into the season. There was an expectation of playoffs if Luck was even close to his former self.

Brisket is no Luck, but he appears to be in the top half of backup QBs, and with a good team around him, and an erratic team on the other side, I'm not surprised. And it's not like they're blowing the Titans out like it was last week's Ravens/Dolphins game.

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular

So the 31 other owners are ok with players agitating for their release so New England can sign them on cut rate deals? If so, they’re dumber than I thought and I think they’re really dumb.

Yeah honestly you just need to adjust your expectations.

The owners overwhelmingly only care about continuing to make money sucking host cities dry and mostly don’t care about the on-field product if the addicts keep showing up.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options

Yeah honestly you just need to adjust your expectations.

The owners overwhelmingly only care about continuing to make money sucking host cities dry and mostly don’t care about the on-field product if the addicts keep showing up.

Although, fucking with 'the help' is also fun. So expect all future contracts to include language to stop it in the future.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    No one wants to make a kick in Detroit today

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    Also it’s the raiders; I assume most other teams find them about as incompetent in private as fans do

A team with smarter management is probably better at forestalling that kind of intransigence

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    I dont think antonio brown has anything to do with fitzmagic throwing pick 6s

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Fitz is the greatest QB ever

• Options
    At throwing interceptions