As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Manziel has been banned from the CFL. No details, but they are saying he contravened some specific thing to allow him to be eligible for the league.

The AAF has already contacted him.

Kaepernick still not top-64.

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular
    Jay Cutler on his wife’s reality show is low-key hilarious

• PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Inkstain82 wrote: »
    Jay Cutler on his wife’s reality show is low-key hilarious

And apparently an oral sex master. Which seems so weird.

They still don't vaccinate their kids so they should be locked up.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    Watching Orlando-SLC AAF and laughing at the halfassed plow job on the field

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • MaximumMaximum Registered User regular
    Ohh...PLOW job

• RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Maximum wrote: »
    Ohh...PLOW job

Not like it's a Bills game

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
    RedTide wrote: »
    Maximum wrote: »
    Ohh...PLOW job

Not like it's a Bills game

Or Aikman calling a Dallas game

• Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Awkward As Fuck

The rumour right now is Foles will sign with Jacksonville.

Houston will probably still win the division with 9-7.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    I mean Indy is right there too

Rename the AFCS the Jeff Fisher division

Captain Inertia on
    Celebrate good times, c'mon! (First safety ever in the AAF)

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    So, I hear that Dee Ford of the Chiefs is being considered for the Franchise Tag, so that he can be traded. Before Philadelphia made their decision, Foles was considered for the same decision.

This is such bullshit. Agree or disagree with the concept of the Franchise Tag, either the player is too valuable to your team (ie, he's a franchise player) to have him go into free agency, or he's not. Putting a player on the Franchise Tag should be a one year, NON-TRANSFERABLE contract. Because if he's not important enough to your on-field that you'll hold onto him, then you shouldn't be allowed to keep him.

Not even saying that the money needs to be guaranteed, or that he needs to be on the roster the entire year. But if a team tags a player, it's either play and pay, or full release.

The NFLPA should get on that. I'm sure they'll fight with all the vigor they showed in other negotiations with Rog.

Who would trade for a defensive player who doesn't know where the line-of-scrimmage is?

• marajimaraji Registered User regular
    Who would trade for a defensive player who doesn't know where the line-of-scrimmage is?

Part of me wants to say Jon Gruden, but the rest of me thinks Dee Ford is too good for him to want to sign. Maybe he could trade for him then cut him?

Dallas defensive lineman David Irving has decided he's going to quit the NFL rather than deal with a suspension over his use of marijuana.

Good for him. The league needs to get with the times. The entire personal conduct policy and banned substances policy needs to be rewritten from scratch.

• lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular
    Dallas defensive lineman David Irving has decided he's going to quit the NFL rather than deal with a suspension over his use of marijuana.
    'Oh, you're addicted to weed, you're addicted to this and that,'" he said. "I mean, s---, if I'm gonna be addicted to something, I'd rather be addicted to marijuana, which is medical -- it's a medicine; I do not consider it a drug -- rather than Xanax bars or the hydros or the seroquel and all that crazy s--- that they feed you.

I can't tell if he's saying that team doctors are giving QUEtiapine out off label (!) or if he is saying that he won't take prescriptions for a drug designed to treat Biploar Disorder, Major Depressive disorder, Schizophrenia. Enjoy yourself my man, but weed isn't going to help with those.

I would download a car.
    It would not surprise me if the league doctors are giving athletes a lot of drugs not designed for their true purpose.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
    I have my own stance on the use of pot, but that doesn't change my opinion on the league's position about it. (It is stupid and so are they.)

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Preacher wrote: »
    It would not surprise me if the league doctors are giving athletes a lot of drugs not designed for their true purpose.

This is one of the reasons Calvin Johnson retired, as I recall.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • lazegamerlazegamer The magnanimous cyberspaceRegistered User regular

I'm sure the team can put a lot of pressure on guys struggling to make the team to push the envelope with pharmaceuticals. I would think that they wouldn't be contractually bound to follow medical advice. I know that NFL players' behaviors are restricted/compelled in a lot of ways, but that seems beyond the pale.

I would download a car.
    lazegamer wrote: »

I'm sure the team can put a lot of pressure on guys struggling to make the team to push the envelope with pharmaceuticals. I would think that they wouldn't be contractually bound to follow medical advice. I know that NFL players' behaviors are restricted/compelled in a lot of ways, but that seems beyond the pale.

Why does it seem beyond the pale? Like we've seen multiple times the NFL really has no one regulating it. If anything team doctors giving a player anything just so they keep playing, keep practicing is pretty on brand. Who will do anything about it? The toothless NFLPA? Congress?

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    Pats got Michael Bennett for basically free (him plus 7th round 2020 for a 5th round 2020). He's on a reasonable deal (2 more years at 6 and 7m) but may want more money

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    he said he wants more money iirc, that's why the eagles traded him (was that or cut), was never going to play on that deal.

aeNqQM9.jpg
    Antonio Brown traded to Oakland/Las Vegas for a 3rd and 5th in the coming draft.

edited March 2019
    Antonio Brown traded to Oakland/Las Vegas for a 3rd and 5th in the coming draft.

That still leaves the Stealers with dead cap space of like 14m right?

Also I foresee nothing but success in Oakland this year.

maraji on
    maraji wrote: »

That still leaves the Stealers with dead cap space of like 14m right?

Also I foresee nothing but success in Oakland this year.

I don't know about cap space, but the deal hits them with $21+million penalty from what I saw.

Oakland will sign Brown to a three year/$50million with $30m guaranteed. They're also re-signing a dude (whom I don't want to bother to look up) to 4/$66m. And yet they couldn't get a deal done with Mack because they didn't have money?

Nothing. But. Success.

• MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    That 4/$66M is Trent Brown (OL), formerly of the Patriots.

And apparently a middling player at that position, all things considered.

That along with the spending two high picks last year (15 and 65 if I'm not mistaken), for two players who ranked 76 and 80 (out of 80 eligible players at that position) on PFF.

Now, the accuracy of PFF's metrics can be argued, but if you're ranked in the bottom 10%, you're not a good player. Though they apparently were both hurt, but still.

So, my faith in Gruden to continue to make the Raiders a disappointment (and, by extension, make me happy), lokks like it'll continue.

• GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Trent Brown's greatest asset is that he's 6'8'' 359 lbs. Dude's huge. But he left San Fran the second he might have to learn zone blocking.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Not sure why anyone would go crazy for Pat's O-line guys. We all know Scarnecchia works magic and none of them will look as close to as good without him.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
    Chucky is a fucking SUPERGENIUS!

• BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Not sure why anyone would go crazy for Pat's O-line guys. We all know Scarnecchia works magic and none of them will look as close to as good without him.

What're you talking about? Tom Cable will really get a guy to another level of performance.

Bobble wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »

What're you talking about? Tom Cable will really get a guy to another level of performance.

Or maybe knock his teeth out. Allegedly.

• EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited March 2019
    Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
    So, basically all Giants plays will be handoffs or dumpoffs to Barkley.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
    Gyral wrote: »
    So, basically all Giants plays will be handoffs or dumpoffs to Barkley.

Up from 90%.

The trade is essentially agreed to — Ford for a 2020 2nd round pick. That assumes the #49ers get a deal done with Ford.
    Dee Ford to the Niners for a 2nd round pick in 2020. Guess KC figured it was better than getting nothing as a comp pick.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    That Browns trade is so huge in the news it's taken up half the trending list for the USA on Twitter.

• enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Maybe the NYG will actually use Peppers the way he's supposed to be used, as a tiny linebacker.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Titans signed cameron wake to a 3 year deal worth 23 mil. He's going to be missed in Miami.