As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I can’t believe how spectacular the defense was this playoffs

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Lions beat the super bowl champs. Lions superbowl 2020?

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Lions beat the super bowl champs. Lions superbowl 2020?

So did four other garbage teams.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • EinzelEinzel Registered User regular
    Dolphins usually take one off them early in the season at home followed by Monday morning newspapers reading, "playoff bound."

Bleh to Edelman. Defensive game should have a defensive MVP. BOOOOOOOOOOO MEDIA

• y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular

No one stood out though. Maybe van noy but he still only had a sack

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • marajimaraji Registered User regular
    y2jake215 wrote: »

Hightower, if he had caught that one.
    Gilmore had a good game, though handsy.
    Donald and Suh did a good job collapsing the pocket on Brady all game, and performed better against the run than they had pretty much all year. Until the last drive, but everybody gets worn down eventually and the Rams couldn’t get first downs.

Jason McCourty was great. Hightower was also great.

• ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular

Jason McCourty was great. Hightower was also great.

Man, Jason McCourty.

He didn’t win any games last season. Part of what is literally one of the worst teams ever.

Makes a game saving play in the Super Bowl.

Wins it all with his twin brother.

His Players Tribune article was awesome.

Also, Josh Gordon gets a Super Bowl ring.

Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    So I'm reading that the halftime show was ass. I don't know whether to be thrilled For having called it knowing Maroon 5 was involved or annoyed that the league plays it so miserably safe and dull.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular

Word. The Patriots defense humiliated Sean McVay, while the Rams need to give every dollar they've got to that defense; the Patriots could easily have won 30-3.

• FairchildFairchild Rabbit used short words that were easy to understand, like "Hello Pooh, how about Lunch ?" Registered User regular
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Geez, I remember watching Julian Edelman play QB for Kent State vs. Army.

Darin Erstad was a punter for Nebraska!

• kilnbornkilnborn Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    Fairchild wrote: »
    Geez, I remember watching Julian Edelman play QB for Kent State vs. Army.

Darin Erstad was a punter for Nebraska!

And won a national championship with the Huskers.

kilnborn on
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    ObiFett wrote: »
    Alright, so going through all the Super Bowl possibilities, here's what I would like to see happen:

LA v NE - I'm tired of seeing the Patriots win, but I am already more tired of hearing about McVay and his innovative and genius offensive mind. Also Suh is on the Rams and screw that guy. So I'd really love to see the Pats win a blowout here and have it be mainly due to Belichick just completely shutting down everything McVay tries to do.

Well, I didnt get a blowout, but I'll definitely settle for Belichick putting on an absolute clinic on how to shut down McVay and his "Genius" offense.

Expected Kingsbury tweet: I don't even know that dude.

• Masamune42Masamune42 Registered User regular
    The game was boring, but the Pats won, so life is good.

So I'm reading that the halftime show was ass. I don't know whether to be thrilled For having called it knowing Maroon 5 was involved or annoyed that the league plays it so miserably safe and dull.

It was ass. Best thing about it was that it ended. Also Adam Levine’s tank top was apparently made from curtains and/or throw pillows.

maraji wrote: »

It was ass. Best thing about it was that it ended. Also Adam Levine’s tank top was apparently made from curtains and/or throw pillows.

I was hoping he’d take off his pants at the end and have a little dong tassel, as a shoutout to Janet jackson

C8Ft8GE.jpg
  • MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    edited February 2019
    And so the NFL season ends. Not with a bang, not with a whimper, but with a wet fart.

Sounds like my decision to not watch this game paid off.
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Okay this horseshit about the Patriots being the underdogs has gotta stop.

Yeah, they can fuck off with that narrative. When the Texans choked late in the season (Rd16? 17?), putting the Pats into the second seed, I figured this was at least 50/50. Kinda mad that I didn't put money on it, I figure I'd have gotten better odds than that.

Congrats to Pats fans though. Your dedication and long-suffering hardships have finally been rewarded.

Where's the vomit emoji?

MorganV on
  • TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Didn't watch it live, but good for the Patriots, that's what you get NFL for rigging it in such a shitty manner, you get a mediocre game. From what I could see there were a few bad calls against the Rams but hey, that's the breaks for a team shouldn't even be there.

And the Pet Comfort commercial was the best because it was a dog with his own ID badge, that is so classy, better than that super shitty Mercedes A Class commercial (you're driving the cheapest Mercedes stop acting like you're amazing listening to Ludacris you dickhead from probably L.A.)

• KoopahTroopahKoopahTroopah The koopas, the troopas. Philadelphia, PARegistered User regular
    I hated every moment of it. Avengers Tease, GoT Ad, Budweiser commercial with the dalmatian, that was my superb owl.

• SleepSleep Registered User regular
    I hated every moment of it. Avengers Tease, GoT Ad, Budweiser commercial with the dalmatian, that was my superb owl.

Yo there was a fast and the furious trailer that was well worth it. Also Dietz nuts, simply because an entire meat stick style product that is a testicle joke is... something.

Also I see this game as proof it's not a fix, if the whole nfl was scripted no one would have allowed last night's matchup.

Last night was boring because it was too smart. Everyone was making predictable but safe choices that didn't swing the game dramatically. It was like a white room D&D battle where everyone's just pulling most reliable option for each turn.

• IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular
    At least Jordan Peele is hosting a Twilight Zone reboot.

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • schussschuss Registered User regular
    Sleep wrote: »
    Also I see this game as proof it's not a fix, if the whole nfl was scripted no one would have allowed last night's matchup.

Last night was boring because it was too smart. Everyone was making predictable but safe choices that didn't swing the game dramatically. It was like a white room D&D battle where everyone's just pulling most reliable option for each turn.

Also, I think it's pretty clear at this point that Goodell hates Kraft and the Pats for not kissing the ring and fading away during deflategate.

I dunno, I saw a lot of great defensive plays which really amplified each mistake on offense to the point where it usually killed the drive.

Though the Ram’s offensive play calling seemed more ... pedestrian than expected. Though Goff did look pretty shaky when they tried to open it up, so maybe that’s the reason.

And I still don’t understand what’s up with Gurley.

• Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I think Gurley is in his own head worrying about cutting or pushing off too hard on his knee, which is also causing focus lapses when he doesn’t have the ball

• MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2019
    TexiKen wrote: »
    And the Pet Comfort commercial was the best because it was a dog with his own ID badge, that is so classy, better than that super shitty Mercedes A Class commercial (you're driving the cheapest Mercedes stop acting like you're amazing listening to Ludacris you dickhead from probably L.A.)
    The dogs badge was a great touch. I was surprised to see WeatherTech, didn't know they had SB money but I guess they're one of those quiet giant companies.

MichaelLC on
  • AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    MichaelLC wrote: »
    TexiKen wrote: »
    The dogs badge was a great touch. I was surprised to see WeatherTech, didn't know they had SB money but I guess they're one of those quiet giant companies.

They did a SB ad last year about building a new facility in the US. And yeah, they're understated because of what they sell (though making a play for pet products is smart), but their products get great word of mouth - I have a full set of their liners in my car, and they are very good.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
    maraji wrote: »

I dunno, I saw a lot of great defensive plays which really amplified each mistake on offense to the point where it usually killed the drive.

Though the Ram’s offensive play calling seemed more ... pedestrian than expected. Though Goff did look pretty shaky when they tried to open it up, so maybe that’s the reason.

And I still don’t understand what’s up with Gurley.

That too. Both defenses were doing pretty well last night. Half the reason it was all such safe playing is because every time either side tried to take a risk it just immediately got shut down. Every long ball throw for either side got smacked down and both sides were only making progress with runs and short throws. Generally your plays build towards a fake out to get a long ball play to go up against a short play coverage, but no one ever fell for the gambit.

• Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Thank goodness, the long professional sports championship drought in New England is over.

• lwt1973lwt1973 King of Thieves SyndicationRegistered User regular
    My 8 year old last night before the game began: Who is that guy? He looks angry.
    Me: That's the coach of the Patriots. Bill Belichick.
    8 year old: I'm going to call him Mr. Angry.
    Me: Seems appropriate.

"He's sulking in his tent like Achilles! It's the Iliad?...from Homer?! READ A BOOK!!" -Handy
    Something I find funny:

Bryan Hoyer's career: 59.3% completion rate, 2.1% int rate, 6.7 AY/A, 83.2 passer rating.

Jared Goff in the playoffs this year: 55.7% completion rate, 1.9% int rate, 6.7 AY/A, 71.7 passer rating.

• Skull2185Skull2185 Registered User regular
    Ilpala wrote: »

Pardon?

Everyone has a price. Throw enough gold around and someone will risk disintegration.
  • KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Apparently yesterday one of my wife's friends had a Super bowl party (and therefore couldn't come to ours). But they apparently were unhappy that last year people were happy about the Eagles winning, so made a rule that people could only come if they were rooting for the Pats.

So anyways, apparently it was him, his wife, his kid, and his parents as the entire party.

• AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Normally, when there's a game between two teams I can't stand, I'll say that I am rooting for the meteor as a symbol of my displeasure. By halftime, I was firmly on Team Meteor.

And then the halftime show and Drake ruined even that.

That is how much Super Bowl LIII sucked.

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • jungleroomxjungleroomx It's never too many graves, it's always not enough shovels Registered User regular
    I should buy donuts for the office tomorrow in celebration.

I'll make them all Boston Creme Pies.

• ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Ilpala wrote: »

Pardon?

Exactly that

but in pure Twilight Zone fashion the twist is that its only accessible if you subscribe to CBS All Access