As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• Options
    tinwhiskerstinwhiskers Registered User regular
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    Not sure how they are going to pay him with Gurley, Donald, and Goff.

With Gurley's durability issues I'm guessing they let him walk.

Yeah, but they gave him a 4 year 57.7m contract with 21m guaranteed that just kicked in. Cut him next off season and it's a 25.6m cap hit. Year after it's still an 8.5m dead money hit.

https://overthecap.com/player/todd-gurley/3858/

6ylyzxlir2dz.png
  • Options
    Sir LandsharkSir Landshark resting shark face Registered User regular
    Not sure how they are going to pay him with Gurley, Donald, and Goff.

With Gurley's durability issues I'm guessing they let him walk.

Yeah, but they gave him a 4 year 57.7m contract with 21m guaranteed that just kicked in. Cut him next off season and it's a 25.6m cap hit. Year after it's still an 8.5m dead money hit.

https://overthecap.com/player/todd-gurley/3858/

Ah I forgot about that. Thought he was still on his rookie deal for some reason.

Please consider the environment before printing this post.
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    So... there appears to be a reason why the Rams are mediocre despite having some serious talent at key positions.

"#Rams starting offensive line pass-blocking ratings per @PFF

LT Andrew Whitworth 32nd/75 OTs
    LG Jamil Demby 76th/77 OGs
    C Brian Allen 31st/33 Cs
    RG Austin Blythe 72nd/77 OGs
    RT Rob Havenstein 74th/75 OTs"
    - Evan Silva is a blogger, but he's a fairly high-profile blogger, for the NFL.

That's everyone but the Left Tackle in the bottom 7% of those positions. And the Left Tackle is barely above average.

This is a league that has a lot of terribad O-Lines. But being that bad, across the board, on everyone to the right of Whitworth, takes talent.

Granted, they've faced some decent defenses. But still, that's fucking abysmal.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Plus, a QB that apparently can't read defenses.

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Plus, a QB that apparently can't read defenses.

But that's been a consistent factor, it just doesn't matter in McVay's system (until they went up against Belichek's system.)

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Well, there is no legitimate reason that a Jed York team is in first place and undefeated. Other than the division is trash.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Well, there is no legitimate reason that a Jed York team is in first place and undefeated. Other than the division is trash.

Also the Niners have played most/all of their games against the doo doo AFCN already

• Options
    Is the default Denver shirt now Orange?

• Options
    If you elect to kick the PAT and the defense commits a penalty, you shouldn't ne able to just change your mind and go for the 2 points from the one.

In other words 'denverdenverlol'.

• Options
    How can there be defensive holding on a run play?

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    Chiefs DE gets his entire hand in Flacco’s facemask, no call. Probably going to be bitter about this shit for awhile.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    Aaaand Mahomes is injured on a QB sneak, despite being banged up already.

Way to go, Andy you fuck.

• Options
    Looks like he's fine, but it looked pretty fucked when they were doing the knee check. I swear it looked like it popped back into place.

• Options
    Obligatory should have worked out Kaep as a backup.

• Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    I'm still holding my breath. I'm sure there are serious knee injuries that you could walk on, but still be out of playing football.

• Options
    XantomasXantomas Registered User regular
    Commentators say Mahomes is out for the game after the x-ray. Reported that he looked dejected walking out afterwards.

• Options
    Xantomas wrote: »
    I'm still holding my breath. I'm sure there are serious knee injuries that you could walk on, but still be out of playing football.

Well, the Chiefs have ruled him out for the rest of this game.

AFC might as well not play the rest of the season. Just let the Pats play whoever the NFC put up.

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Man, this game sure turned into a Thursday Night game real quick.

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    Chiefs DE gets his entire hand in Flacco’s facemask, no call. Probably going to be bitter about this shit for awhile.

Was Flacco blocking? Did the defender grab and twist the mask? Because otherwise its not a penalty

wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    Fucking goddamn Chiefs coaches giving Mahomes the RG3 treatment just like I goddamn knew they would

Fire Clark Hunt.

ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    Goumindong wrote: »

Was Flacco blocking? Did the defender grab and twist the mask? Because otherwise its not a penalty

Yeah Flacco’s head was twisted by it.

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Patrick Mahomes with patella (knee cap) dislocation. Can be treated without surgery and brace. Could miss just a few weeks. Could also have season ending surgery. MRI will determine which course.
    Could have been a lot worse. My wife had this happen and landed on her leg wrong and broke her tibia. She's still, a year later, relearning how to walk.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    MorganV wrote: »

AFC might as well not play the rest of the season. Just let the Pats play whoever the NFC put up.

Idk, the Chiefs haven’t looked amazing all season. Mahomes was carrying the team till his ankle.

Also the Pat’s offense hasn’t looked great. Could be a few AFC teams that could have a chance (Texans, Colts, Bills, Ravens).

• Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    15 yards overthrown.

Hope you like punts!

• Options
    MorganV wrote: »

Idk, the Chiefs haven’t looked amazing all season. Mahomes was carrying the team till his ankle.

Also the Pat’s offense hasn’t looked great. Could be a few AFC teams that could have a chance (Texans, Colts, Bills, Ravens).

While they could all make the playoffs, I've got 'faith'* that Belicheck won't have a problem, at home (where they'll likely play).

Texans have the QB, but not the coach, to challenge the Pats.
    Ravens arguably have the coach, but not the QB (I like Jackson, but I think Belicheck will diagnose him proper).
    Colts and Bills, I think Belicheck, at home, in January, will eat their lunch.

Chiefs are the only ones that have both, and you just have to hope Reid doesn't have a mental block happen in game.

* Is faith even the right word? Do you have 'faith' that things will go bad? Mebee 'existential dread/boredom'?

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Why the fuck is Miami starting Fitzpatrick? The season is over. Keep Rosen in there and see if you see anything. Maybe it'll just click, or you will see improvement. But winning a few games.means nothing, evaluating players means more at this point.

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »
    Why the fuck is Miami starting Fitzpatrick? The season is over. Keep Rosen in there and see if you see anything. Maybe it'll just click, or you will see improvement. But winning a few games.means nothing, evaluating players means more at this point.

Because Rosen had a bad game. Clearly he sucks. Fitztragic is the only one who can lead them Tua the Promised Land.

• Options
    TicaldfjamTicaldfjam Snoqualmie, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2019

Because Rosen had a bad game. Clearly he sucks. Fitztragic is the only one who can lead them Tua the Promised Land.

Also, Ex Patriots Assistant Coaches, suck sour frog ass, as Head coaches elsewhere.

Just ask Lions, Texans, Browns, any team that tries Shitgibbon, Josh McDaniels, fans.

Ticaldfjam on
  • Options
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

Also, Ex Patriots Assistant Coaches, suck sour frog ass, as Head coaches elsewhere.

Just ask Lions, Texans, Browns, any team that tries Shitgibbon, Josh McDaniels, fans.

Yeah, the one slight that Belicheck will have in his career, is just how ineffectual he has been at bringing up the people beneath him.

Unless #PinkPony is found to be legitimate (a jokey conspiracy theory that all ex-Pats assistant coaches are still working for the Pats by intentionally sabotaging the teams that recruited them), in which case he'll be branded a genius supervillain but a genius all the same.

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Ticaldfjam wrote: »

But he was supposed to be the chosen one!

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    The Dolphins front office has set them up to tank. Flores probably doesn't want to, but there's only so much one can do

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    JakarrdJakarrd In the belly of OklahomaRegistered User regular
    Dolphins owner and most of the front office just need full replacing at this point. I think its time THEY had a year of rebuilding.

Greetings Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada.

76561197990097905.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    The problem is a lot of teams this season are "tanking" No one is going to get that sweet browns package {they criminally misuse this season} And you have a vague idea of what prospects you will get

• Options
    Map check.

Carolina, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Tampa Bay off this week.

Also, too, Joe Buck.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    Map check.

Carolina, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, and Tampa Bay off this week.

Also, too, Joe Buck.

Is "also, too" an inside joke for the thread?

• Options
    No. Just a Wonkette reference. Buck is doing the World Series or playoffs or whatever. So he won't be in the booth on Sunday.

• Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    How is the Romo game Oakland GB instead of Houston Indy?

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

My guess would be because no one cares about Houston vs Indy

• Options
    Knight_Knight_ Dead Dead Dead Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »

cbs doesn't get many opportunities for nfc teams so any time a popular one comes through it's always their big game. same reason we had to muddle through cowboys jets last week.

aeNqQM9.jpg
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    I wouldn’t call watching the Jets thump the Cowboys “muddling” 8-)