As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    RE: my earlier posts

As a Browns fan I have no idea how the playoffs work

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    As a Dallas fan, it means you show up and then swallow your own tongue.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular

As a Jets fan, it means you sneak in with a wildcard spot and lose to the Patriots.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Blackhawk1313Blackhawk1313 Demon Hunter for Hire Time RiftRegistered User regular

Sometimes you just go ahead and do it prior to the game in preparation.

• Options
    FoefallerFoefaller Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

As a Chiefs fan, it means you show up and then forget how the game is played.

Foefaller on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    As a Pats fan, it means you usually take a week off and then play a warm-up game before the real thing.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    As a Lions fan, it's this thing that happens where the off-season starts a week late sometimes and then you have to wait a reaalllly long time for your pick on draft day. It's weird.

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    As a Pats fan, it means you usually take a week off and then play a warm-up game before the real thing.
    0k3jocisp77f.jpg

Khavall on
  • Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    "Usually." :D

• Options
    chrono_travellerchrono_traveller Registered User regular
    As an Eagles fan, it means you play out of your minds one year and then wonder why things don't just fall into place in the next year.
    Sorry, I got nothin'.

But yeah, really sad about yesterday's game. They had their chance to get back into it, but seemed out of it for the first half. (Didn't get to see it live, but watched the score updates.)

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it. ~ Terry Pratchett
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    As a Bears fan, it’s never as good as it was in 1985.

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    As an Eagles fan, it means you play out of your minds one year and then wonder why things don't just fall into place in the next year.
    Sorry, I got nothin'.

But yeah, really sad about yesterday's game. They had their chance to get back into it, but seemed out of it for the first half. (Didn't get to see it live, but watched the score updates.)

My wife, who is an Eagles fan for reasons I find mysterious, was pretty broken-up about that game as well.

kshu0oba7xnr.png

• Options
    Inkstain82Inkstain82 Registered User regular

That's better than mine, which was gonna be "you have a decent amount of fun until an actually good QB shows up."

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    As a Panthers fan, it depends.

Is it an even year or odd?

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Tox wrote: »
    As a Panthers fan, it depends.

Is it an even year or odd?

Yes.

• Options
  • Options
    These refs are fucking morons. How could you mistake that shitty green uniform for Minnesota?

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    I turned the game on in time to see that russel wilson INT

Is he trying to lose this game?

• Options
    Looks more like nobody is trying to win.

• Options
    HappylilElfHappylilElf Registered User regular

As a Vikings fan, it means you wait for them to play half-assed for an entire game and then blame the kicker.

• Options

As a Vikings fan, it means you wait for them to play half-assed for an entire game and then blame the kicker.

Or have Brett Favre break your heart that one time.

Or, as a Packers fan would call it, justice.

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    How do you not just take the points there? It makes it a 3-pt game with 9 minutes to go.

Also maybe relying on our o-line to win the battle on 3rd or 4th and short when we run up the middle is a fucking terrible idea.

LostNinja on
  • Options
    LostNinja wrote: »
    How do you not just take the points there? It makes it a 3-pt game with 9 minutes to go.

Also maybe relying on our o-line to win the battle on 3rd or 4th and short when we run up the middle is a fucking terrible idea.

This whole game is 'how do you not just'.

• Options
    Veevee wrote: »

Or have Brett Favre break your heart that one time.

Or, as a Packers fan would call it, justice.

And then ironically take extra pleasure at watching the Saints get eliminated from the playoffs because fuck those guys for taking out Favre.

• Options
    He had his hands on both of

Can this dumb clusterfuck of a game be over yet?

• Options
    Did Minnesota just quit?

• Options
    Did Minnesota just quit?

If they hadn't yet, they sure have now

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Wow, heard on the radio today that Cousins would throw a pick 6.

Fumble returned for a TD? I’m gonna allow it.

• Options
    @dlinfiniti :lol:

Garbage time almost saved you, too. Ready to lose in the playoffs?

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    So, assuming the Bears beat the Packers next week, and the Packers beat the Jets and the Lions, that'll give the Packers a middle 1st round pick.

Given that the Packers still seem to draft well, how hard do the Lions, Bears and Vikings fans shit a brick if the Packers draft a QB that is raw, but shows promise, and has a chip on their shoulder for not being drafted early, and can be sat for a couple years behind an all time great?

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Have sportswriters and journalists chimed in on the washington not looking at kaepernick and pressed the team on their shitty answer about needing a system.

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »
    Have sportswriters and journalists chimed in on the washington not looking at kaepernick and pressed the team on their shitty answer about needing a system.

Gotta give Josh Johnson a chance. Clearly he fits their system better.

Why is there no sarcasm tag? :(

At this point, I think that they'll just ride out the year. They've got the Jags, Titans and Eagles to go, but even if they win out and the Cowboys revert to Garrett, doesn't matter who the QB is, they're goung to get bounced in the Wildcard.

But, I think that they're kinda dicked regardless. Alex Smith isn't the answering term, even if he's healthy.

Can't say I'm disappointed though. There's only one team I wish greater misfortune on than Washington, and that's a temporary (temporary being 9.25 years, $92.5M remaining) situation. Whereas my antipathy towards Washington is much more endemic.

So, fuck 'em.

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »

https://slate.com/culture/2018/12/colin-kaepernick-mark-sanchez-jay-gruden-washington.html

• Options
    MorganV wrote: »
    So, assuming the Bears beat the Packers next week, and the Packers beat the Jets and the Lions, that'll give the Packers a middle 1st round pick.

Given that the Packers still seem to draft well, how hard do the Lions, Bears and Vikings fans shit a brick if the Packers draft a QB that is raw, but shows promise, and has a chip on their shoulder for not being drafted early, and can be sat for a couple years behind an all time great?

Who the hell would that be in this draft?

• Options

Draft Kyler Murray, put a voodoo hex on his baseball bat.

• Options
    It’s Minshew

PAC12 who will be overlooked for putting up stats because of his coach’s system

• Options

I don’t follow college football. But Rodgers going late in the first, Favre and Brees going in the second, and Brady famously going in the sixth, with only Peyton in recent history being an alltime great, and Luck being the only top 3 overall that has potential to join those names (Mahomes was 10th), it's pretty clear that NFL teams aren't particularly great at finding the next superstar with any regularity.

Obviously 21 teams (or some teams twice) didn't think Rodgers would be any good. The draft is a crapshoot.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    I can't say about Brady or Favor, but I knew Brees and Rodgers were provably good in college. Mahomes was, too.

Every time somebody drags out the Brady story, there should be an automatic link to biographies of players like Matt Leinart, Todd Marinovich, Mark Sanchez, Tim Tebow, Paxton Lynch, JaMarcus Russell, Vince Young, Joey Harrington, Akili Smith, nearly everybody Cleveland has picked, and, of course, Ryan Leaf.

Drafting is a risky proposition at the best of times. But most low round players, AN especially, were only obvious after they were given their chance. Drafting a QB in the first two rounds and having them succeed should never be held as any kind of example. Many teams have other needs. It's the teams that need a QB and skip over players who had shown quality where it ever stands out.

The question I asked was who in the upcoming draft class was supposed to be so good that ~15 teams, some who probably need a future QB, would skip over intentionally just so they can fall into the lap of Green Bay? Don't forget, NYG has a much more urgent need for a young QB. Who do they have to be consecutively stupid to pass over?

Santa Claustrophobia on
  • Options
    Just say no to USC QBs

• Options
    KhavallKhavall British ColumbiaRegistered User regular
    Just say no to USC QBs

Sam Darnold wouldn't have it any other way