As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    RickRude wrote: »
    Gase just looking to murder Tannehill so he can trade for Flacco next year

I'm not sold on Tannahill. He looks great at times, horrible at times, and gets injured. Basically, he looks like a backup QB. But Flacco is not what we need.

Fuck, I don't know what we need. We've been mediocre for so long, and kind of good at all spots. We always have some good recievers, an ok running game, a subpar o line, and a QB. And our defense is usually decent. Building blocks, some strong parts.

We're just average everywhere. And it's starting to really annoy me. I've been a fan as long as I remember, and I was born in 81. All my life it's been potential or average. A great QB and nothing else, to a bunch of parts that never work together. At this point, I think I'd rather go 2-14 for a couple years and just get some draft picks. Going basically 8-8 every year is no fun. I'd rather be happy or mad than just, meh.

Tannehill's average, I think. He's played on some pretty middling Dolphins teams. Remember that he does have to play the Patriots twice a year, and in the rain a lot. And we know, by comparison, how Jay Cutler or Brock Osweiler would do in his place. If it wasn't for his injury history, I'd say that Tannehill's a fine quarterback for a team that wants to compete, but maybe not for a SB winner, at least not one that's winning on offense.

His main weakness is his injury history. His contract is about to hit massive numbers for the next 2 years and he wasn't Gase's "guy". The Dolphins could go 2 options, the shorter route which involves cutting Tannehill and drafting a QB this year. You'd have 22 million in dead money but a rookie QB would offset that. Given that the Pats will still be playing at a high level next year, the Dolphins would probably be looking at down year with a high draft pick for a skill position player.

The longer route would be to keep Tannehill for the rest of his contract (2 more years), draft need this year and a QB next year. Then do a Mahomes/Lamar and sit him behind Tannehill for a year (likely playing later in the season due to Tannehill injury). Then 2021 try and grab a top WR to pair with him. If they could get 1 more cornerstone for their defense (this draft) to go with Minkah Fitzpatrick.

If that worked out, by 2021 you'd have a cheap franchise QB and WR, combined with hopefully 2 great defensive players. Brady would be retired or close to it, just in time for the Dolphins to make a push.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    So fantasy football, my wife will win if New Orleans shits the bed. Also the 6th place person will beat the third place in that same situation and I’m 1st with a bye.

I need Carolina to dominate.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Browns eliminated :(
    Technically they could make it:
    1. Browns win out
    2. Ravens lose out
    3. Dolphins lose 1 more
    4. Titans lose week 16
    5. Colts lose week 16
    6. Titans and Colts tie in week 17, leaving which puts Cleveland ahead on tiebreakers.

Only thing better than this would be if the NFC-East got both wildcards, which is also technically possible, but requires (among other things), the Eagles and Washington to tie in week 17.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    sigh
    welcome to the champioship round @Veevee

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    sigh
    welcome to the champioship round @Veevee

Thank God someone could throw a TD in this game.

Just me, or is Cam Newton dropping too far back for his line to effectively block the pass rush?

• Options
    wooooooo fuck yeah!
    championships here we come

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    What the hell kind of two-minute drill was that?

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular

It was shorter than 2 minutes!

• Options
    admanbadmanb unionize your workplace Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »

It was shorter than 2 minutes!

A 1.5 minute wet fart.

• Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular

The Jay Cutler

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    The panthers have the photo negative of an offense built to run a clean two minute drill

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    I wanna know what happened to the Saints? I think everyone is in agreement that the Panthers are mediocre, but after a fairly strong showing, getting beat by the Cowboys (who are barely good *spits*, but far from great) and then this?

Seems like a lot of playoff contenders shit the bed this week. Rams going down to the Eagles, and sorry, Seattle dropping the ball against the 49ers when Seattle have everything to play for, was inexcusable.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    I have to applaud the jaguar defensive guy who ran a bobbled 2 point conversion back 98 yards for 2 points. That man worked damn hard for his 2 points.

• Options
    GnizmoGnizmo Registered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    I wanna know what happened to the Saints? I think everyone is in agreement that the Panthers are mediocre, but after a fairly strong showing, getting beat by the Cowboys (who are barely good *spits*, but far from great) and then this?

Seems like a lot of playoff contenders shit the bed this week. Rams going down to the Eagles, and sorry, Seattle dropping the ball against the 49ers when Seattle have everything to play for, was inexcusable.

Unsurprisingly, they are having a lot of issues with injuries. This was also the third straight road game which I am certain did not help them at all. They certainly aren't playing like they were most of the season, but I am still optimistic about their chances if they can get a bye. Hopefully they win next week and can take 2 weeks off to recover even more.

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    kaid wrote: »
    I have to applaud the jaguar defensive guy who ran a bobbled 2 point conversion back 98 yards for 2 points. That man worked damn hard for his 2 points.

Applaud him and get the team wrong.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    New Orleans is fine- they found a way to not lose that game, which is classic Patriots.

Btw, New Classic Patriots suck shit and are finding hilarious ways to lose (Miami) and less hilarious but really troubling ways to get pounded into the turf (Pittsburgh).

I can’t believe the Browns lost to the Raiders and Bucs earlier in the season. They would have clinched the North Sunday.

(Baltimore’s and Pittsburgh’s stupid losses don’t count)

• Options
    kaidkaid Registered User regular
    New Orleans is fine- they found a way to not lose that game, which is classic Patriots.

Btw, New Classic Patriots suck shit and are finding hilarious ways to lose (Miami) and less hilarious but really troubling ways to get pounded into the turf (Pittsburgh).

I can’t believe the Browns lost to the Raiders and Bucs earlier in the season. They would have clinched the North Sunday.

I find it funny browns actually have a chance at a winning record this year.

• Options
    kaid wrote: »

I find it funny browns actually have a chance at a winning record this year.
    I'd love that to happen, but if they're only allowed to win one game, I hope it's this week.

Beating the Bengals twice, and having a winning record since dumping him, seems a fitting conclusion for the Hue Jackson experience.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Browns are winning out. Jackson likely to be injured and Ravens will put Flacco in to results disastrously similar to their week 17 last year...

Captain Inertia on
  • Options

Kind of. They had a 99% chance of making the playoffs before that loss and a 96% chance of it afterwards. Even if they lose their remaining two games they're still favored to make it.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    @DasUberEdward good season and close ending, good luck against the buffalo (also, can i have todd gurley)
    @Veevee you should probably bench your players to avoid the inevitable embarrassment

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    admanb wrote: »

Kind of. They had a 99% chance of making the playoffs before that loss and a 96% chance of it afterwards. Even if they lose their remaining two games they're still favored to make it.

They also got fucked hard by officiating.

And Seabass missing an extra point.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    knitdan wrote: »
    They also got fucked hard by officiating.

Whatever do you mean?

• Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    edited December 2018

oh hell yeah

Can't remember if we have to source sports tweets, so just in case, Bills writer for @newyorkupstate

TheBlackWind on
    PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    are you fucking kidding me

vRyue2p.png
  • Options
    edited December 2018

I mean, sure, it's hard to get an accurate assessment from his time in Buffalo. Because they were a dumpsterfire offense, and I doubt anyone would have performed well there.

But seriously, the Raiders need to be scrutinized for tanking, because even an inaccurate assessment shows that at best he'll be crap.

EDIT: I mean less tanking in the draft position manner, and more in a "bringing disrepute to the league" manner. These people are supposed to be fucking professionals. Same with Cincinnati if they hire Hue as head coach. Some decisions are fucking simple.

MorganV on
  • Options
    @Veevee brown down is not going to help you win

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    @Veevee oh shit, I'm going to lose

Yeah, I know you are, so why not give up now?

• Options

I mean, sure, it's hard to get an accurate assessment from his time in Buffalo. Because they were a dumpsterfire offense, and I doubt anyone would have performed well there.

But seriously, the Raiders need to be scrutinized for tanking, because even an inaccurate assessment shows that at best he'll be crap.

EDIT: I mean less tanking in the draft position manner, and more in a "bringing disrepute to the league" manner. These people are supposed to be fucking professionals. Same with Cincinnati if they hire Hue as head coach. Some decisions are fucking simple.

Eric Reid has been randomly selected for substance testing for the seventh time in eleven weeks.

Eric Reid is the most common companion to Colin Kaepernick in photos of Kaep kneeling.

Why would PetermINT get another shot to suck? Why would Hue Jackson? Because the league is populated and run by frightened dipshits who would rather take the safe, pathetic option than do anything that might rock the boat. And they know what happens to boatrockers because the league helps toss them over.

• Options
    edited December 2018
    Eric Reid has been randomly selected for substance testing for the seventh time in eleven weeks.

Eric Reid is the most common companion to Colin Kaepernick in photos of Kaep kneeling.

Apparently 10 out of 72 players on a team are chosen at "random" each week. According to Yahoo, there is a 1-588, or .17%, chance of this happening naturally. It's not astronomically absurd, but it is very far beyond the realm of reasonable for this to actually be random chance.

Veevee on
  • Options
    quovadis13quovadis13 Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »

Apparently 10 out of 72 players on a team are chosen at "random" each week. According to Yahoo, there is a 1-588, or .17%, chance of this happening naturally. It's not astronomically absurd, but it is very far beyond the realm of reasonable for this to actually be random chance.

If there are 72 players on each team, that means there are about 2300 potential players that this affects. If the chance of this happening was 1 out of 588, then there are about 4 players that this has happened to as well. And there are probably one or two other players that have been tested even more frequently. It's probably a coincidence, but it wouldnt surprise me if there was some chicanery behind it as well.

• Options
    I stopped giving the NFL the benefit of the doubt after briefly sticking up for the Kareem Hunt investigation and then getting an egg spiked in my face the next day.

• Options
    Seventy-two players? Are they still only allowed to dress ~45? Because that seems self-defeating. (From a strategic position. But not a 'these feebs are disposable' one.)

And anyway, I now want to know who the fortunate players are who in a three month period were randomly selected ~2/3 of the time.

• Options
    Gruden must be pissed about those fluke wins over the Browns and Steelers

• Options
    Deadspin on November 12.

Anyway, there's...more.

You reading, Denver? Oakland thinks your QB is shit.

• Options
    The only thing I got out of that is that AJ McCarron named his son "Cash."

• Options
    Some people just hate their kids.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    You don't make the first name "Cash," it has to go Gabriel Cash [your last name]. Do you even have a gun in your boot heel, brah?