As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    Dunder wrote: »
    Won in both my leagues this week, combined winning margin was 1.64 points.

I don't know what to do with myself, my teams finished first and second in their respective leagues in points for week one. That feels great!

Except the part where I went 1-1, and the loser had Sammy Watkins on the bench. Whoops.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    To be fair, Sammy Watkins in the bench was probably the right decision

• Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    Bobble wrote: »
    Dunder wrote: »
    Won in both my leagues this week, combined winning margin was 1.64 points.

I don't know what to do with myself, my teams finished first and second in their respective leagues in points for week one. That feels great!

Except the part where I went 1-1, and the loser had Sammy Watkins on the bench. Whoops.

Glad I wasn’t the only one :cry:

• Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    Because the Antonio Brown thing couldn't possibly get worse... it got worse.

Lawsuit Accuses Antonio Brown of Rape

And some barely readable emails sent to the victim from Brown.

25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Doesn't matter if he raped that woman, without video the NFL won't do shit to him, especially not with him as a patriot now.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    The story doesn't totally makes sense but AB is almost certainly mentally ill (unless you believe the crazy like a fox story) so maybe that makes it more likely. He is apparently counter suing for extortion.

The screenshotted images are pretty incoherent so I can't tell if he is saying he did those things or if he's saying it sarcastically. He is probably both dumb enough to confess or to deny in a way that looks like confessing.

I think there's less evidence than Big Ben's accusation and as far as I can tell she didn't bring this to the police, but its not unreasonable that this would be a 4 game suspension based on precedent. So that is the one thing it will definitely not be. If the evidence is reasonably credible the Pats might just cut him and try to void his guaranteed money

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    MarathonMarathon Registered User regular
    I’d like to get off this ride now

• Options
    y2jake215y2jake215 certified Flat Birther theorist the Last Good Boy onlineRegistered User regular
    I guess it’s time for the Chiefs to sign him

C8Ft8GE.jpg
    maybe i'm streaming terrible dj right now if i am its here
  • Options
    ShadowhopeShadowhope Baa. Registered User regular
    Civics is not a consumer product that you can ignore because you don’t like the options presented.
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

I airbrushed his photo so much I had to check 'albino' on the form!

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Shadowhope wrote: »

I airbrushed his photo so much I had to check 'albino' on the form!

Nah that's just Tom's Back to the Future Polaroid.

The bad news is, it's Gronk going back.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    Minshew is a really Jags QB isn’t he

It’s a shame Jason Mendoza died before he got to see Minshew play

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Guys

GUYS

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/10/sports/football/antonio-brown-sexual-asssault-patriots.html

-edit- Was this discussed and I missed it???

it's late, I'm tired

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    Minshew is a really Jags QB isn’t he

It’s a shame Jason Mendoza died before he got to see Minshew play

I’m angry at Jacksonville for not keeping Bortles just for the ironic jersey sales that show had to have given them.

• Options
    No-QuarterNo-Quarter Nothing To Fear But Fear ItselfRegistered User regular
    edited September 2019

No-Quarter on
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Gyral wrote: »
    Because the Antonio Brown thing couldn't possibly get worse... it got worse.

Lawsuit Accuses Antonio Brown of Rape

And some barely readable emails sent to the victim from Brown.

Twitter doesn't work for me for some reason. Can never read it when I click the link. Is there another way to read the emails ? The thumbnail is really small

• Options
    GoumindongGoumindong Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    Seems he admits to a sexual assault but not a rape? “Slept with u n bed” at least to me doesnt seem to say that.

Edit: am i missing it?

Goumindong on
    wbBv3fj.png
  • Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Goumindong wrote: »
    Seems he admits to a sexual assault but not a rape? “Slept with u n bed” at least to me doesnt seem to say that.

Edit: am i missing it?

Possibly. But given it's incoherent rambling (not much different from a Trump rally transcript), it's hard to figure exactly what he's saying.

• Options
    Atlas in ChainsAtlas in Chains Registered User regular
    I believe he's trying to say that they had consensual sex, or possibly consensual back maturbation, and then slept together in the same bed afterwards. He'd also like to point out that he is awesome and she is not. I'm sure it looks better when he has his calligraphy pens, but we work with the medium we have.

• Options
    What are all of the legal options to watch nfl games besides sunday ticket? I feel like I remember a service you could sign up for and watch the games after they were done. I really only follow one team, and it being Miami, this year is probably not the year to do it, but I'm curious what all there is. I'd ask for non legal options but don't want to break forum rules. I miss being able to listen to them for free by finding a local radio station that streamed. I actually enjoy listening to games on the radio and prefer it for baseball. I grew up listening to Cincinnati Reds games on the radio during the summer on the porch. Especially during a thunderstorm.

• Options
    LeTwigLeTwig Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »
    I miss being able to listen to them for free by finding a local radio station that streamed. I actually enjoy listening to games on the radio and prefer it for baseball. I grew up listening to Cincinnati Reds games on the radio during the summer on the porch. Especially during a thunderstorm.

I found that if you go to the team site and just start going through radio affiliates, there's usually at least one that 'forgets' to change the feed.

• Options
    LeTwig wrote: »
    I miss being able to listen to them for free by finding a local radio station that streamed. I actually enjoy listening to games on the radio and prefer it for baseball. I grew up listening to Cincinnati Reds games on the radio during the summer on the porch. Especially during a thunderstorm.

I found that if you go to the team site and just start going through radio affiliates, there's usually at least one that 'forgets' to change the feed.

Coolies. I'm at work until the early games are done, and I was wanting to listen to the Ravens beatdown (sorry, Rick) and find out what the hell was happening. But the official WBAL station stream was "The NFL does not permit the broadcast of this game".

I'd have tuned in the radio, but I'm not sure I can pick up Baltimore radio from Australia.

Also, I don't have a radio at work.

Will check around next Sunday (my Monday). Am looking forward to daylight savings switching (US losing it, Aus gaining it) cause that means I'm getting home just before half-time of the early games.

• Options
    PellaeonPellaeon Registered User regular
    If you're in Australia looks like there's an international NFL game pass that should get you all the replays. Also Kayo TV(?) might show them live for 30 something a month.

• Options
    What are all of the legal options to watch nfl games besides sunday ticket? I feel like I remember a service you could sign up for and watch the games after they were done. I really only follow one team, and it being Miami, this year is probably not the year to do it, but I'm curious what all there is. I'd ask for non legal options but don't want to break forum rules. I miss being able to listen to them for free by finding a local radio station that streamed. I actually enjoy listening to games on the radio and prefer it for baseball. I grew up listening to Cincinnati Reds games on the radio during the summer on the porch. Especially during a thunderstorm.

Game pass is $100 in the US to watch the games later (there are discounts for students/military/first responders too IIRC). Confusingly outside North America I believe a program of the same name lets you stream the games

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    I believe he's trying to say that they had consensual sex, or possibly consensual back maturbation, and then slept together in the same bed afterwards. He'd also like to point out that he is awesome and she is not. I'm sure it looks better when he has his calligraphy pens, but we work with the medium we have.

Or he's confessing. Or he's incredulously repeating the allegation back. Its so incoherent its hard to glean much from it

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    TheBlackWindTheBlackWind Registered User regular
    Gardner Minshew is 13/13 and 143. 8-)

Give him the proper respect, that's Gardner Minshew II.

He's been throwing darts so far, I've been impressed, since he only had 1 year of starts at the D1 level.

He's been throwing darts so far, I've been impressed, since he only had 1 year of starts at the D1 level.

About that.

PAD ID - 328,762,218
  • Options
    TcheldorTcheldor Registered User regular

About that.

More kids should be named Beowulf these days.

League of Legends: Sorakanmyworld
    FFXIV: Tchel Fay
    Nintendo ID: Tortalius
    Steam: Tortalius
    Stream: twitch.tv/tortalius
  • Options
    BlackDragon480BlackDragon480 Bluster Kerfuffle Master of Windy ImportRegistered User regular
    Tcheldor wrote: »

About that.

More kids should be named Beowulf these days.

I'm more a fan of the variant from 13th Warrior, Buliwyf

No matter where you go...there you are.
    ~ Buckaroo Banzai
  • Options
    edited September 2019
    PantsB wrote: »

Game pass is $100 in the US to watch the games later (there are discounts for students/military/first responders too IIRC). Confusingly outside North America I believe a program of the same name lets you stream the games

Game pass that's the one I was thinking of. I've used a kodi box in the past but that was so much work to maybe be able to watch the game. Going to look into the details on when games go live and what devices it works with.

Edit I wonder if proxies work for that. I pay for a vpn.....

RickRude on
  • Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    It’s been fun as a WSU fan to see NFL folks learn about Gardner Minshew. All the weird stories and fan love (i.e. the mustaches) we’d been living with for a year.

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    GyralGyral Registered User regular
    edited September 2019
    As someone down the street from ECU, it's strange to see people talk about Gardner Minshew. Like at all. Because the two years he was at ECU, he was... not good. But, I'm seeing now that's likely because of coaching and having actual talent around him. That he's starting an NFL game is stunning to me.

Gyral on
    25t9pjnmqicf.jpg
  • Options
    Sam Darnold is going to miss multiple weeks. Why you ask? He's got mono because he's a 15 year old.

The best kind of reason to miss games. I can even laugh about it without even feeling bad because its not like its a long term risk to his life, health or career.

11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    Adults can get mono most people have been exposed to it before hand, but I guess Darnold just wasn't.

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    Is amazon still doing that thing where you can live stream Thursday night games? I’d like to watch tonight’s game but do not have NFL network.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    So apparently there is another tug-of-war between carriers and plagues. Disney owned channels, which include ESPN and ABC, may be pulled from AT&T/DirecTV lineups as soon as Friday.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    PantsB wrote: »
    Sam Darnold is going to miss multiple weeks. Why you ask? He's got mono because he's a 15 year old.

The best kind of reason to miss games. I can even laugh about it without even feeling bad because its not like its a long term risk to his life, health or career.

I'm sure Baker Mayfield is super excited about this

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    So.... this is a game that's happening.

First a rain delay, then outside of a few highlights (two by Greg Olson), it's just been a pretty boring game. Tampa are making sure McCaffrey don't do shit, and both QB's are sailing a crapload of passes, and eating sacks.

• Options
    And it ends with a comedy of errors, with the Bucs, Panthers AND Refs all fucking up in varied but consistently stupid ways.

What a waste of 3 hours that game was.

I mean, it's a loss for the Panthers, so they're off to a great start. And we know that Winston is gonna piss away enough games to make the Bucs irrelevant.

Though, as was shown on a graphic, the schedulemakers need to be shot out of a cannon. There's no way, even if you want to count a London game as a "home game", that a team should get six weeks in a row of no games at their home field. Away, Away, London, Bye, Away, Away. I'd be fucking furious if it was a team I gave a shit about.

• Options
    SixSix Caches Tweets in the mainframe cyberhex Registered User regular
    I only watched about half that game but it was not a good game to watch.

Looking forward to Sunday, though. SEA@PIT will be a test now that Pittsburgh got their preseason out of the way.

can you feel the struggle within?
  • Options
    Anybody thinking a game between Tampa Bay and Carolina on Thursday night might be good got everything they deserved.