As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[NFL] Thread: Pittsburgh At Cleveland? There Is No Dog.

• Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    how do you blow the whistle on a play like that it was still going on I literally can't even.

• Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    hippofant wrote: »
    Trajan45 wrote: »
    lol where is the wave coming from? Also where are those people climbing to?

Shhhh here's a million dollars to stop asking your questions.

You missed the beach. In DC. During the fall and winter.

And they aren't climbing. They're rapelling. Peesumably, you have to pay to get in to do it. So given that it's Washington, I think they are trying to escape.

• Options
    I swear Watson has developed some kind of new phenomena overconfidence mixed with the yips, and it's just making things so much harder for him and the Texans than need be.

• Options
    Captain InertiaCaptain Inertia Registered User regular
    keenum is horrible wow

It’s good he’s on pace to throw over 50 passes this game

• Options
    AmphetamineAmphetamine Registered User regular
    keenum is horrible wow

It’s good he’s on pace to throw over 50 passes this game

and of course after i say that mayfield throws one like a noodle-armed favre into triple coverage a good yard over his receiver's head

• Options
    knitdanknitdan In ur base Killin ur guysRegistered User regular
    This Broncos Browns game is an abomination

“I was quick when I came in here, I’m twice as quick now”
    -Indiana Solo, runner of blades
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    Perriman you dummy.

Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    It's 4th and 1 at home, you coward.

• Options
    Browns going to lose single digits for only the fifth time since they came back.

• Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular
    Browns going to lose single digits for only the fifth time since they came back.

The Browns potentially having a winning record the season after going 0-16 is an actual possibility.

Fucking 2018 I swear.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Ho Ho Ho Disconnecting from Xbox LIVERegistered User regular
    Final map check.

A lot of movement, so double-check your area.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    I know there's a lot of garbage games, but no chatter at all?

No Bears fans wanting to rub it in Packers faces?

I'm just happy that the Raiders (assuming the Bungles don't bungle) and Cowboys lost. I'd be happy if Washington lost too, but I can't have everything.

• Options
    pyromaniac221pyromaniac221 this just might be an interestin YTRegistered User regular
    Gotta wonder if between Matt Patricia and Steve Wilks, we see two one & dones this year

psn tooaware, friend code SW-4760-0062-3248 it me
  • Options
    I see in New York the Giants just gave up because OMG heavy rain ewww no play, and that it seems like CBS is trying to experiment with ASMR by having the rain hit the field mics.

• Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    Cowboys working real hard to achieve that traditional 8-8 finish.

• Options
    The Cowboys are actually not as good as the Giants

• Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular
    Miami was down 41-17. Tannahill has been sacked 8 times. 4 minutes left, he was still in the game .

Why?

• Options
    RickRude wrote: »
    Miami was down 41-17. Tannahill has been sacked 8 times. 4 minutes left, he was still in the game .

Why?

You wanna run the mascot out there instead?

• Options
    Gase just looking to murder Tannehill so he can trade for Flacco next year

• Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Gotta wonder if between Matt Patricia and Steve Wilks, we see two one & dones this year

Patricia is fine. He's the GM's "guy" which gets him a rather long leash. The Lions also have a history of giving coaches a decent chance. Also I can't really say that this season is squarely on the head coach. Injuries have been pretty brutal, we play in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL, Stafford had a bad year, etc.

If anything I could see them moving on from Jim Bob. His offense has been pretty stale this year.

EDIT: Also you could see the improvement in the defense as players got better at understanding the scheme. Still didn't help we are lacking on talent.

Trajan45 on
    Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    RedTideRedTide Registered User regular

Patricia is fine. He's the GM's "guy" which gets him a rather long leash. The Lions also have a history of giving coaches a decent chance. Also I can't really say that this season is squarely on the head coach. Injuries have been pretty brutal, we play in one of the toughest divisions in the NFL, Stafford had a bad year, etc.

If anything I could see them moving on from Jim Bob. His offense has been pretty stale this year.

EDIT: Also you could see the improvement in the defense as players got better at understanding the scheme. Still didn't help we are lacking on talent.

Packers being a trash barge kinda opened a window this year.

RedTide#1907 on Battle.net
    Come Overwatch with meeeee
  • Options
    RedTide wrote: »

Stafford had a bad year?

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    Assuming the Lions are willing to eat the cap hit that trading Stafford would involve, who out there would want an overpaid, underachieving quarterback on the downside of his career?

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    I mean, he’ll have a career as long as he wants just because he can take snaps without completely embarrassing himself and that seems to be more than a third of the league can muster on any given Sunday.

I dunno what his cap number for the next few years looks like though

NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    MegaMan001MegaMan001 CRNA Rochester, MNRegistered User regular
    Tom Brady picking his teeth in another two minute drill.

I am in the business of saving lives.
  • Options
    Trajan45Trajan45 Registered User regular
    RedTide wrote: »

Eh, i mean the packers still have Aaron Rodgers and the Bears / Vikings are playoff teams.

Stafford is far from the problem in Detroit. He’s been beat to hell for the last couple years and has had no run game.

Origin ID\ Steam ID: Warder45
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    Assuming the Lions are willing to eat the cap hit that trading Stafford would involve, who out there would want an overpaid, underachieving quarterback on the downside of his career?

The Slurs, most likely

XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    Jared Goff is looking Fisher-esque right now.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    F&L championship semifinals will come down to Drew Brees vs his offense tomorrow after Adam Thielen blows it and last minute pickup Derrick Henry explodes
    ugh

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    LostNinjaLostNinja Registered User regular
    MegaMan001 wrote: »
    Tom Brady picking his teeth in another two minute drill.

This post didn’t age well...

• Options
    VeeveeVeevee WisconsinRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    F&L championship semifinals will come down to Drew Brees vs his offense tomorrow after Adam Thielen blows it and last minute pickup Derrick Henry explodes
    ugh

That is actually some nice drama you've set yourself up with, being down 7.05 with Kamara and Thomas against Brees. Apparently yahoo favors the QB in this matchup.

Also, if Newton and McCaffrey get less than 8 combined I will miss the championship myself. Since the only time that's happened was their bye week I am now expected the Panthers to do something stupid.

Veevee on
  • Options
    RickRudeRickRude Registered User regular

I'm not sold on Tannahill. He looks great at times, horrible at times, and gets injured. Basically, he looks like a backup QB. But Flacco is not what we need.

Fuck, I don't know what we need. We've been mediocre for so long, and kind of good at all spots. We always have some good recievers, an ok running game, a subpar o line, and a QB. And our defense is usually decent. Building blocks, some strong parts.

We're just average everywhere. And it's starting to really annoy me. I've been a fan as long as I remember, and I was born in 81. All my life it's been potential or average. A great QB and nothing else, to a bunch of parts that never work together. At this point, I think I'd rather go 2-14 for a couple years and just get some draft picks. Going basically 8-8 every year is no fun. I'd rather be happy or mad than just, meh.

• Options
    hippofanthippofant ティンク Registered User regular
    RickRude wrote: »

I'm not sold on Tannahill. He looks great at times, horrible at times, and gets injured. Basically, he looks like a backup QB. But Flacco is not what we need.

Fuck, I don't know what we need. We've been mediocre for so long, and kind of good at all spots. We always have some good recievers, an ok running game, a subpar o line, and a QB. And our defense is usually decent. Building blocks, some strong parts.

We're just average everywhere. And it's starting to really annoy me. I've been a fan as long as I remember, and I was born in 81. All my life it's been potential or average. A great QB and nothing else, to a bunch of parts that never work together. At this point, I think I'd rather go 2-14 for a couple years and just get some draft picks. Going basically 8-8 every year is no fun. I'd rather be happy or mad than just, meh.

Tannehill's average, I think. He's played on some pretty middling Dolphins teams. Remember that he does have to play the Patriots twice a year, and in the rain a lot. And we know, by comparison, how Jay Cutler or Brock Osweiler would do in his place. If it wasn't for his injury history, I'd say that Tannehill's a fine quarterback for a team that wants to compete, but maybe not for a SB winner, at least not one that's winning on offense.

• Options
    MorganVMorganV Registered User regular
    Anyone know what the tiebreaker is for byes? I found them for "in division" and "wildcard", but not for 1-4 seeding.

Cause the Chiefs or Chargers need to win one game between them to keep the Pats from the 1 Seed. But assuming the Pats sweep the remaining games (Bills and Jets at Gillette, not an outlandish ask), do the Texans need to win both games (at Eagles, home to Jags) to keep the Pats out of the 2 Seed?

Cause I really don't want to see the Pats have another bye week finals.

• Options
    dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    Veevee wrote: »
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    ugh

That is actually some nice drama you've set yourself up with, being down 7.05 with Kamara and Thomas against Brees. Apparently yahoo favors the QB in this matchup.

Also, if Newton and McCaffrey get less than 8 combined I will miss the championship myself. Since the only time that's happened was their bye week I am now expected the Panthers to do something stupid.

but i dont want drama
    this was supposed to be an easily dominant performance
    blegh i should've played marlon mack

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • Options
    ToxTox I kill threads he/himRegistered User regular
    MorganV wrote: »
    Anyone know what the tiebreaker is for byes? I found them for "in division" and "wildcard", but not for 1-4 seeding.

Cause the Chiefs or Chargers need to win one game between them to keep the Pats from the 1 Seed. But assuming the Pats sweep the remaining games (Bills and Jets at Gillette, not an outlandish ask), do the Texans need to win both games (at Eagles, home to Jags) to keep the Pats out of the 2 Seed?

Cause I really don't want to see the Pats have another bye week finals.

iirc it's the same general rules for seeding whether it's wild card or not. Head to head is always first, then usually common opponents and conference games (though those may get reversed?), I think after that it gets into the weird ones.

For within a division it goes common games, then conference games. For wild card it's the other way around, though, so I'm not actually sure? It may count as a wild card, since it's for the wild card round.

Good question, actually.

Twitter! | Dilige, et quod vis fac
  • Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    More importantly, if the Bears and Rams finish tied, Chicago gets the bye.

Hell, there may even be a scenario where the Bears get the top seed.

• Options
    Browns eliminated :(

• Options
    BobbleBobble Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Browns eliminated :(
    Technically they could make it:
    1. Browns win out
    2. Ravens lose out
    3. Dolphins lose 1 more
    4. Titans lose week 16
    5. Colts lose week 16
    6. Titans and Colts tie in week 17, leaving which puts Cleveland ahead on tiebreakers.

Bobble on