As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

make your own hero/Heromachine thread?

DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
edited May 2007 in Graphic Violence
Guy Nosurname, alias Night Terror, is kind of a wandering space-ninja who gets into a lot of ridiculous situations in a series of picaresque stories.

nightterrorfj0.th.jpg

That is the closest I can get to what my main character looks like, at least with using the free version of HeroMachine.

Is anyone else working on a comic? I am working on this comic/novel thing, but I can't draw at all. I'm trying to script some of my "prose" into comic script, but it is a slow process. Since I can't draw, I fool around with Heromachine once in a while, trying to make my protagonist.

He is not really a dwarf, but somewhat short and I imagine the graphic novel/illustrated novel having the art in kind of a vague superdeformed meets Corey Lewis meets Frank Quitely thing. Based on everything from the Midnighter to Kamen Rider to a bunch of different things from various cyberpunk stuff, and Sharknife, the main character is an android on the run from just about everyone.

The boots have detachable wheels. There will be some kind of design on the upper torso, once I figure out what it is, and the scarf is the classic videogame ninja scarf, with twin tails that flap around all stylish but noone ever thinks to grab him by the scarf no matter what. I am open for suggestion on the colors, as they seem kind of blah. He needs to be mostly black, since he is a spaceninja, but I need some highlights or something.

DouglasDanger on

• Options
    HobbesHobbes Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I totally forgot about this! Time to make an absurd amount of heroes..

Hobbes on
    3DS 0817-4246-8005
  • Options
    Pantaley ShlopapaPantaley Shlopapa Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    is he...

is he wearing rollerblades?

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    You are very observant.
    The boots have detachable wheels

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    it's generally regarded as shock and disbelief.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    He is a ninja who spends a lot of time in places where rollarblades would allow faster movement, such as cities and whatnot. He doesn't wear them all the time or anything like that.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hero Creator is awesome for this...

terror.jpg

How'd I do?

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    My work of art.....

Aurarcher.jpg

Hobbes on
    3DS 0817-4246-8005
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited May 2007
    So let me get this straight, he's a short android space ninja with rollerblades?

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Mine is the son of psylocke who can travel through time with his pet panther. He is also a master archer who was taught by robin hood. I am going to audition for Who wants to be a superhero with this guy! :rotate:

Hobbes on
    3DS 0817-4246-8005
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I hope you bring a stuffed cat with you.

I've made up my own comic book characters/series, but I don't really want to post the picture I have of them or much info online. But it's always a fun diversion.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    But you will show us. Right? What do you think of my hero guys?

Hobbes on
    3DS 0817-4246-8005
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Hobbes, to be completely honest, I really hope you're joking about that character.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    The story yes, but I am being serious about the character I made on there. I couldn't dind the right face or hair, so ya. But what do you think of the actual creation?

Hobbes on
    3DS 0817-4246-8005
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Hobbes wrote: »
    Mine is the son of psylocke who can travel through time with his pet panther. He is also a master archer who was taught by robin hood. I am going to audition for Who wants to be a superhero with this guy! :rotate:

Basically, disregard all of this... :P

Hobbes on
    3DS 0817-4246-8005
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    untitledxz8.jpg

Archmage Bloodshit is a totally rude four-armed chain-smoking leopard man from the 21st Century 1500s. He has rubies for eyes so he can only view the color of blood and some wicked black and lime rollerblades like I had when I was 8. Along with his pet abomination and sin against God, he dispenses his own personal brand of arcane justice...with a gun.

Pantaley Shlopapa on
    flash1.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Reynolds wrote: »
    Hero Creator is awesome for this...

terror.jpg

How'd I do?

Nice. Is that from City of Heroes?

He actually has a helmet and a scarf on. (I can't really do it with heromachine)The helmet is kind of... a cross between Pascal Ferry's redesign of Adam Strange, Hurricane Polymar and Viewtiful Joe, with the same mixture for his torso. It is spacey-looking and sleek, but not completely smooth... Those are the things that are closest anyway... The helmet has an eyeshield thing that splits in half and goes into the sides of the helmet... It used to belong to a Power Ranger type, but he died and Night Terror found it and reprogrammed it. An armor skin type stuff flows out of it and covers his "flesh", and it can summon more armor (such as shoulder pads, chest plate, etc and a gigantic mecha suit) if needed (although he doesn't know about that for a long time). He's a ninja though, so he doesn't do that very often. It blocks EMP attacks, which is useful if you are a droid.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    From a stand-alone version of the CoH creation system, yep. It's out of date, though. I really wish I knew a way to add all the new costume options to it. I gave it another try, with a helmet and a top that's more noticably armor.

terror2.jpg

There's like five or six different types of 'V' things on the top of the helmet. I put those protrusions on the side because I think I remember Adam Strange having ear-knobs himself.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Uh, I'm not entirely sure about the legality of a standalone City of Heroes character creator. But if it's not authorized or distributed by NCSoft, it probably shouldn't be mentioned here.

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    NCSoft made it. It was available to download off their Korean (I think) site when that version of the game launched. I only know about it because Penny Arcade itself had an article/link up about it on their main page.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    ah

carry on then

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited May 2007
    he's also a ninja, geebs

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    this thread better have less retarded ideas by tomorrow night or I will do something terrible

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    geebs i don't understand, are...are you saying you're a ninja too?

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Hobbes wrote: »

It's better than Cellphone girl.

Not by much, though.

The Muffin Man on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Servo wrote: »
    geebs i don't understand, are...are you saying you're a ninja too?

the horrible secret about ninjas is that everyone is a ninja

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    i thought that was tiggers?

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    nobody is a tigger

that is crazy

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    i must be thinking about the wonderful thing that was about tiggers, not their horrible secret

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007
    the wonderful thing about tiggers is tigger's a wonderful thing

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    Reynolds wrote: »
    From a stand-alone version of the CoH creation system, yep. It's out of date, though. I really wish I knew a way to add all the new costume options to it. I gave it another try, with a helmet and a top that's more noticably armor.

terror2.jpg

There's like five or six different types of 'V' things on the top of the helmet. I put those protrusions on the side because I think I remember Adam Strange having ear-knobs himself.

Nevermind, I found it.

Some of you guys are a bunch of sour pusses.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited May 2007
    Some of you guys are a bunch of sour pusses.

No, you just made a completely generic character

Garlic Bread on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    He's a work in progress.

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    A derivative work in progress.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    PbPb Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    He looks like a Void Hunter from the game. A lot like one.

Pb on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    What about generic angst? Does he have generic angst?

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    Pb wrote: »
    He looks like a Void Hunter from the game. A lot like one.

Though it may just be because that and Void Hunters are both made using CoX costume pieces (the identical scarf, for ex).

Would this be a good/bad thread for posting my CoX characters?

Scooter on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    i've never played COH. what the hell is a void hunter?

are void hunters rogue android space ninjas who have very little angst and have more in common with viewtiful joe's flippant attitude than any kind of angst? you guys are assuming an awful lot. At first glance, he is a space ninja with a red scarf, who sometimes wears roller skates. There is a lot more to a character than what can be duplicated using generic templates (heromachine, this hero creator program). I can't draw. I am doing the best I can with generic templates. Of course he will look kind of generic. He is being represented by templates!

DouglasDanger on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited May 2007
    I'm pretty sure everyone's just fucking with you.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited May 2007
    GOD I HATE YOU SO MUCH DOUGLAS DANGER

Seriously though, upon glancing at the thumbnail I kind of thought you'd made the character from Hero by Night. They're very similar in the whole face region. Not so much with the rollerblades though..

432dkechi0.jpg

Munch on
  • Options
    edited May 2007
    I'm still stuck on the rollerblades.

And the spaceninja thing.

DJ Eebs on