Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions
. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum
. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
A thread for New (TM) [SCOTUS] decisions and arguments.
All rise, the new SCOTUS thread is back in session. We'll be considering cases for the Fall Term, to start.
A few ground rules, as previously noted:
Expectations for this thread
1. This is not the general politics or lol this party sucks thread.
2. This is a thread about the US Supreme Court, if it doesn't have anything to do with SCOTUS, it doesn't belong here.
3. Not all things about SCOTUS belong here. Some cases dealing with certain issues, already have a thread or their own god damn separate thread that is more appropriate to discuss a certain SCOTUS rulings or cases.
4. In the event that a tangent regarding something involving SCOTUS has it's own thread created after the discussion starts in this thread, then move the discussion over to the new thread. (Also appreciated if people link to the new thread to help others out).
5. In the event that we get a SCOTUS vacancy in the lifetime of this thread, this would probably be the best place to discuss such an appointment given how low traffic this thread is likely to be. (leaving this for posterity and lols - SIG)
5a. Gorsuch and Kavanaugh are seated. My feelings on the matter can be found here.
I don't know if there's much ground for meaningful discussion in screaming into the void at the injustice of it all, or having the same multi-page arguments with the few posters who do approve of Gorsuch and Kavanaugh. Probably for the best to stick to just the facts, and discuss new things going forward.
is the go to place for things relevant to what's going on. There's actually been a few decisions already this term!
This 8-0 about frog habitats.
This 8-0 about age discrimination against public employees.
They've heard arguments about quite a few more cases.
I've got my eye on you counselor. You may proceed. /bangs gavel
Words will always retain their power. Words offer the means to meaning, and for those who will listen, the enunciation of truth.