As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Best Christmas Movies [Chat]

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    Hot Take:

I sometimes see girls on Tinder years older than me that look like they're 25 and also see women 3 years younger than me that look really aged.

In conclusion, time is a lie.
    Well I think a major part of that phenomenon might be that drugs are bad, not time dilatation

• Options
    RonaldoTheGypsyRonaldoTheGypsy Yes, yes Registered User regular
    VLC media player?! I heard you was dead!

• Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    Umm Actually Christmas is a capitalist expansion of Christian Dogma
    bowen wrote: »
    what if the power imbalance is the kink that they both share in the relationship?

We'll get to second-order kinks after we've dealt with the first-order grade but they shall be scrutinized

"and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    DonnictonDonnicton Registered User regular
    Nightmare Before Christmas
    Cell phones with a graphically demanding game on idle make excellent hand warmers.

• Options
    cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    hvvmflGl.png

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Die Hard
    @Enc it's not appropriate for the Bush thread but I couldn't resist wondering what the Apostle's Creed would look like in your large-font, small word bulleted list:
    • I believe in God
    • He made all the things.
    • Also I believe in Jesus
    • who was made when the holy spirit did it with Mary
    • and she got pregante.
    • Pilate was an asshole
    • and crucified him to death
    • but three days later he came back anyway
    • and went to heaven
    • to chill with God.
    • He's gonna come back one day
    • and point out every asshole since Pilate
    • so stop being one.
    • Also I believe in the holy spirit
    • because the earlier part would be hard to explain otherwise.
    • Also Peter's Church is a thing,
    • saints are real,
    • so is forgiveness,
    • and so is coming back after you die,
    • and also going to heaven.
    • Amen.

spool32 on
  • Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    Christmas Vacation (the Joke option)
    Honk wrote: »
    We did a time challenge at the climbing gym today on a not very hard wall, but one of those where half the holds are gone and you use the faux rock structure instead, and I won with 1 minute and 12 seconds to the top.

Pretty easy wall but still 9 meters in a minute is pretty goog please clap

myudbxgikji5.jpg

Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    TuminTumin Registered User regular
    Eddy wrote: »
    We must assume the best capacities of people above a certain arbitrary age unless they are of course, too ugly and/or too beautiful

This is the law I declare, do any here challenge it? You uggos?

Mmm

No

A chat forum consensus will clear this all up and make very objective decisions that are highly informed

• Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular
    Aggro Crag!!

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    EncEnc A Fool with Compassion Pronouns: He, Him, HisRegistered User regular
    edited December 2018
    spool32 wrote: »
    @Enc it's not appropriate for the Bush thread but I couldn't resist wondering what the Apostle's Creed would look like in your large-font, small word bulleted list:
    • I believe in God
    • and she got pregante.
    • Pilate was an asshole
    • and went to heaven
    • to chill with God.
    • so stop being one.
    • saints are real,
    • so is forgiveness,
    • Amen.

@spool32 Now make it 34 point, impact font.

Enc on
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    it's not appropriate for the Bush thread but I couldn't resist wondering what the Apostle's Creed would look like in your large-font, small word bulleted list:
    • I believe in God
    • and she got pregante.
    • Pilate was an asshole
    • and went to heaven
    • to chill with God.
    • so stop being one.
    • saints are real,
    • so is forgiveness,
    • Amen.

As read by Christopher Walken

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    Hot Take:

I sometimes see girls on Tinder years older than me that look like they're 25 and also see women 3 years younger than me that look really aged.

Well I think a major part of that phenomenon might be that drugs are bad, not time dilatation

um excuse me

I never did any drugs and I look like a deflated basketball with a single ply sheet of construction paper esque paper towels pulled taut over the surface with splotches and stains then covered in hair

maybe the real issue here is expensive and aromatic skincare products?

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    my one regret in life may be that i was never on guts or maybe legends of the hidden temple

• Options
    Kamiro wrote: »
    Chanus wrote: »
    TL DR wrote: »
    there are people aged 25 who are very mature, and people aged 35 who never grew up

consenting adults

Sure, but age differences are correlated with power imbalances that can have serious ramifications for both sex and partnership.

But outsiders should also not make assumptions about relationships between 2 consenting adults based and such a small amount of data. That's not cool nor helpful to anyone.

stacey how am i ever going to be a gossiping spinster if i don't make hasty and unfounded assumptions about people's relationships

Wait, Chanus, how old is staring girl?

i have no idea honestly

i'm pretty sure at least 30

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    The Ice Harvest
    my one regret in life may be that i was never on guts or maybe legends of the hidden temple

I just knew if I got on Guts Moira Quirk would be my girlfriend

I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    HonkHonk Honk is this poster. Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Honk wrote: »
    We did a time challenge at the climbing gym today on a not very hard wall, but one of those where half the holds are gone and you use the faux rock structure instead, and I won with 1 minute and 12 seconds to the top.

Pretty easy wall but still 9 meters in a minute is pretty goog please clap

myudbxgikji5.jpg

OH MAN

I thought the day might never come thank you thank you!

PSN: Honkalot
  • Options
    SummaryJudgmentSummaryJudgment Grab the hottest iron you can find, stride in the Tower’s front door Registered User regular

its not too late

I'll send you a Blue Barracudas shirt for Christmas

Some days Blue wonders why anyone ever bothered making numbers so small; other days she supposes even infinity needs to start somewhere.
  • Options
    Preacher wrote: »

i mean it's in the bylaws

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    One time I saw a post by a dominatrix model who said she made her sub boyfriend take her birth control so he can't cum, I am kinkshaming giving hormones without medical advice.

• Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    Nova_C wrote: »
    I was certain Java was dead.

The paradigm of running a Java Virtual Machine on a Windows desktop is mostly dead

But for server apps, web apps, other platforms it's very much alive

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    Hahnsoo1Hahnsoo1 Make Ready. We Hunt.Registered User regular
    Its A wonderful Life

Your one regret? That’s the one?

8i1dt37buh2m.png
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    Die Hard
    Enc wrote: »
    Enc it's not appropriate for the Bush thread but I couldn't resist wondering what the Apostle's Creed would look like in your large-font, small word bulleted list:
    • I believe in God
    • and she got pregante.
    • Pilate was an asshole
    • and went to heaven
    • to chill with God.
    • so stop being one.
    • saints are real,
    • so is forgiveness,
    • Amen.

spool32 Now make it 34 point, impact font.

Yeah what is this low effort hobbyist garbage

sig.gif
  • Options
    TL DRTL DR Not at all confident in his reflexive opinions of thingsRegistered User regular
    Hot Take:

um excuse me

I never did any drugs and I look like a deflated basketball with a single ply sheet of construction paper esque paper towels pulled taut over the surface with splotches and stains then covered in hair

Supporting data point, I did a bunch and am sexier than a mf (you're welcome, Ronaldo)

• Options
    so former warehouse guy who i only recently learned didn't work here anymore has shown up to the office with a rose so i think that mystery may be solved

• Options
    Hahnsoo1 wrote: »

I think there are two there, technically

• Options

i can't think of any others

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Die Hard
    Feral wrote: »

The paradigm of running a Java Virtual Machine on a Windows desktop is mostly dead

C# is coming in hot to replace it in some instances that don't have a lot of technical debt they need to service.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    so former warehouse guy who i only recently learned didn't work here anymore has shown up to the office with a rose so i think that mystery may be solved

oh no, not your office-chan?

• Options
    TTODewbackTTODewback Puts the drawl in ya'll I think I'm in HellRegistered User regular
    Die Hard

i can't think of any others

no egrets

Bless your heart.
  • Options
    zepherinzepherin Russian warship, go fuck yourself Registered User regular
    Nightmare Before Christmas
    ...that sounds like what someone does before they start some murder...maybe take a sick day tomorrow.

• Options
    TL DR wrote: »
    Hot Take:

um excuse me

Supporting data point, I did a bunch and am sexier than a mf (you're welcome, Ronaldo)

*batman thumbs up gif*

• Options
    Kamiro wrote: »

You know what you must do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxtYGPgixic

• Options
    NecoNeco Worthless Garbage Registered User regular
    Neco wrote: »
    I’m 9 younger than my fiancée

Months

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    chanus I thought that was ww2 from the screencap I am so glad I was right

BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    japanjapan Registered User regular

C# is coming in hot to replace it in some instances that don't have a lot of technical debt they need to service.

I used to work in a place whose principal software ran in an emulated IBM AS/400 environment, which itself was written in Java and ran in a JVM.

It was really finicky about the JVM supplier and version, too. Fell over after every update.

I wonder how they're getting on with that these days.

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    Die Hard
    japan wrote: »

I used to work in a place whose principal software ran in an emulated IBM AS/400 environment, which itself was written in Java and ran in a JVM.

It was really finicky about the JVM supplier and version, too. Fell over after every update.

Probably still running Java. Places that are heavy Java are resilient to changing it because of the technical debt required to create platforms like that. This is the reason COBOL and FORTRAN still both exist.

not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I’m 9 younger than my fiancée

Months

I took my agree back for this foul trickery.

I want you to know that.

• Options
    spool32spool32 Contrary Library Registered User regular
    Die Hard
    Preacher wrote: »

Did you know she's done voice acting for Skyrim, SWTOR, Kingdoms of Amalamadingdong, and X:COM?

• Options
    IlpalaIlpala Just this guy, y'know TexasRegistered User regular

"No, Becky, you're--just--YOU'RE STARING AT THE MONKEY'S FACE HOW CAN YOU NOT KNOW IT'S BACKWARDS!"

FF XIV - Qih'to Furishu (on Siren), Battle.Net - Ilpala#1975
    Switch - SW-7373-3669-3011
    Fuck Joe Manchin
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    japan wrote: »

Probably still running Java. Places that are heavy Java are resilient to changing it because of the technical debt required to create platforms like that. This is the reason COBOL and FORTRAN still both exist.

Comparing Java to FORTRAN is some quality trolling

*slow clap*

every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
This discussion has been closed.