As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PC Games - Voidship & God Eater 3 out today!

• Options
    AuralynxAuralynx Darkness is a perspective Watching the ego workRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Hey actually can we talk about that crossbow?

How the heck is that thing supposed to work?

There's a crossbow part which doesn't look like it's being used, there's the buzzsaw part, there's the gas canister

What the hell is going on here?

I think it's meant to be some kind of tension-driven sawblade launcher.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular

There's a crossbow part which doesn't look like it's being used, there's the buzzsaw part, there's the gas canister

I think it's supposed to be a crossbow that shoots buzzsaws, and it spins them up first with the gas thing, but it's currently uncocked.

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Auralynx wrote: »

Like, that's what I'm thinking too, it just doesn't all come together to actually look like a functional one of those

Also I feel like propelling saw blades with something that doesn't provide any spin to them is a terrible idea, but maybe that's what the racheting along the flight groove is designed to help with?

• Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    Tube wrote: »
    Hermano wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's the villain from the last game strapped to the car, with an apple on his head

oh, that apple is totally visually indistinguishable even if you know it's there

yeah, you can just about see it in a bigger version
    DtwHuxbW4AYvXyv.jpg:large

If I had to guess those are the new antagonists, probably let you make your own character, and it's a direct sequel to the last game

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Book of Demons looks really cool but like all games of that genre its on a knife's edge if its good or not

It is good! It's very much a pared-down, papercraft Diablo-like on rails. It's a little janky and pretty straightforward, but there is definite fun to be had.

Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
  • Options
    HermanoHermano Registered User regular
    2019s the year of brightly coloured post-apocalyptica with Rage 2 as well

PSN- AHermano
  • Options
    ThetherooThetheroo Registered User regular
    I really hope those aren't the antagonists, because that would fucking suck

I have zero faith in a Far Cry game to do anything interesting in regards to plot but I really like how those characters look.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular
    Hermano wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure that's the villain from the last game strapped to the car, with an apple on his head

That'll be his church too then

And while the character model is different (the hair especially), I wouldn't be shocked if that is Grace, the sniper companion. I think she had a sister, too.

• Options
    PerrsunPerrsun Registered User regular
    I saw the girl on the left and my mind thinks “Trials of the Blood Dragon” but the person on the right doesn’t fit that thought so much.

• Options
    PhillisherePhillishere Registered User regular

Like, that's what I'm thinking too, it just doesn't all come together to actually look like a functional one of those

Also I feel like propelling saw blades with something that doesn't provide any spin to them is a terrible idea, but maybe that's what the racheting along the flight groove is designed to help with?

It's also a weapon found in Fallout and Rage, so a common trope in the genre.

• Options
    Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Hey, DayZ is finally coming out next week.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KsipmJinTo

This game has been in early access for five years. It's gone from alpha to beta to release all in the span of this year.

• Options
    ChiselphaneChiselphane Registered User regular

It's also a weapon found in Fallout and Rage, so a common trope in the genre.

I'm always surprised that people making a post-apocalyptic game don't contact Joerg Sprave for consulting on design ideas for functional and effective homemade weapons. For a relevant example, he has at least a few versions of a saw blade launcher, here's an early model.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cad2cU2_ZkU

• Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Oh that is cool as hell

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    Man that Starlink Arwing bundle has dropped from £70 to £50 to £40 and now £30 so so quickly.

I'm so tempted, but, what if it goes lower?

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    edited December 2018
    Counter-Strike is now a battle royale

EDIT: Although not a 100 player game.

Peewi on
  • Options
    Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular

This is fake right? Someone is making fun of Ubisoft for putting out a post-apoc shooter while Rage 2 is in development? Otherwise Ubisoft just totally bit Rage 2's "The Apocalypse, but PINK!" shit.

• Options
    Muddy WaterMuddy Water Quiet Batperson Registered User regular
    Peewi wrote: »

And also free to play now

• Options
    DarmakDarmak RAGE vympyvvhyc vyctyvyRegistered User regular
    Crippl3 wrote: »

This game has been in early access for five years. It's gone from alpha to beta to release all in the span of this year.

I haven't played since it went Early Access. I wonder what's different now?

JtgVX0H.png
  • Options
    Call of Duty is totally a franchise I can see chasing trends. Even Battlefield to an extent. But there's something sad about Counter-Strike trying to jump on the battle royale bandwagon.

• Options
    edited December 2018

Also, CS:GO is now free-to-play, however there is a "Prime Status" DLC that gives you access to special items and Prime-exclusive matchmaking, everyone who owned the game has been upgraded to Prime.

Also Danger Zone mode sounds neat? It's a small-scale BR, only 16 players solo and 18 players in duos or trios, with things like a CS-style weapon-buying system that calls in supply drops and objectives around the map that award you bonuses, like blowing open safes and rescuing hostages.

Crippl3 on
  • Options
    BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular

This is fake right? Someone is making fun of Ubisoft for putting out a post-apoc shooter while Rage 2 is in development? Otherwise Ubisoft just totally bit Rage 2's "The Apocalypse, but PINK!" shit.
    Eh, the colors in Rage are like

From overlays and editing in game trailers

The actual game itself is pretty brown and standard post apocalypse

CYpGAPn.png
  • Options
    PlatyPlaty Registered User regular
    Darmak wrote: »
    Crippl3 wrote: »

I haven't played since it went Early Access. I wonder what's different now?

Mostly the new renderer (more fps) and the new animation system

Base building and vehicles are in but both take a lot of effort

• Options
    AshcroftAshcroft LOL The PayloadRegistered User regular
    I just read up on how FC5 ended

huh

ZD98Zka.png
  • Options
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Isn't one of the gangs covered in pink?

• Options
    In my first game of CSGO Danger Zone I underestimated the blast radius of C4 and blew up myself when trying to open a safe.

• Options
    Call of Duty is totally a franchise I can see chasing trends. Even Battlefield to an extent. But there's something sad about Counter-Strike trying to jump on the battle royale bandwagon.

There's been files in-game for stuff referencing this mode and the new melee weapons since before PUBG was popular, it's not them chasing a trend (well, at least not 100% that anyway)

• Options
    Also, there's a new version of Black Ops 4 out on PC that's half-off, called Battle Edition. It only has the multiplayer and Blackout mode, no zombies. $30 on battle.net on sale right now, $40 after January 6: https://us.shop.battle.net/en-us/product/call-of-duty-black-ops-4?p=46750

• Options
    ChincymcchillaChincymcchilla Registered User regular
    I bought that game when it came out and still haven't gotten to play it because apparently there's a fairly pervasive VRAM issue they've never fixed!

I have a podcast about Power Rangers:Teenagers With Attitude | TWA Facebook Group
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    even though my initial instinctive reaction of yet another venerable shooter franchise selling their soul to battle royale was revulsion

on second thought, I've always liked how CS feels to play, so maybe... maybe that would be OK

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    While this is a naked move by Valve to get a slice of that pie

it's also the correct, obvious move

sig.gif
  • Options
    In my second game of Danger Zone I was shooting at someone and didn't understand why they weren't dying or moving away from my shots. As I moved closer, a dumpster and a wooden fence appeared.

I'm running on high settings and there isn't even a draw distance setting.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »

Isn't one of the gangs covered in pink?

In the live action trailers, yeah. The big gameplay chunks has pink and neon on the UI and at the edges but at the moment, they've just been showing dessert and facilities for gameplay. There's some cinematic camera stuff that shows off different areas and plenty of multicolored mohawks.

To be fair, until tonight, we don't know that Far Cry won't look different from Montana or Rage's Wasteland (though with all the drug trip stuff and the flowers that produce it, I could one area at least looking VERY colorful).

But cover art and marketing-wise, yeah, it feels very similar.

• Options
    ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    In my second game of Danger Zone I was shooting at someone and didn't understand why they weren't dying or moving away from my shots. As I moved closer, a dumpster and a wooden fence appeared.

It's going for that authentic PUBG flavor.

• Options
    Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    A launch trailer for Ashen just hit Xbox's Youtube page and disappeared into the wind.

It ended with "Available Now" so I guess whenever they air it during the TGAs.

• Options
    SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular

Okay it would be better if the mode worked

sig.gif
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    I am very intrigued by CSGOs spin on Battle Royale.

• Options
    FishmanFishman Put your goddamned hand in the goddamned Box of Pain. Registered User regular
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    I am very intrigued by CSGOs spin on Battle Royale.

For a second I thought you wrote CSGO's 'Spin the Bottle' and thought that sounded like a much more intriguing game.

X-Com LP Thread I, II, III, IV, V
    That's unbelievably cool. Your new name is cool guy. Let's have sex.
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    Katamari Damacy REROLL is available now. If you've never played it, you should.

• Options
    Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous Blame this on the misfortune of your birth. New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    Apparently the Far Cry is out tomorrow.

was it supposed to be announced at those awards or something?

Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: DerWaffle#1682
  • Options
    edited December 2018
    New Far Cry releases tomorrow(?!) for $40, looks like a console exclusive(????) because it's not listed for PC on Amazon and there's no Uplay/Ubisoft Store listing for it at all.

Crippl3 on
This discussion has been closed.