Club PA 2.0 has arrived! If you'd like to access some extra PA content and help support the forums, check it out at patreon.com/ClubPA
The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Steam - BELOW, DayZ, Gris & Book of Demons out today!

«13456724

Posts

  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    Brolo, thanks for continuing to make these threads and put way more effort into them than any of the rest of us would

    ShortyI Zimbradarunia106JedocPeewiSimBendjmitchellaSirEtchwartsKwoaruAl_watZonugaljgeisOne Thousand CablesCorporateLogoMidniteBucketmanAistanCrippl3MorivethLasbrookIoloPlatyMrGrimoireOlivawPerrsunBahamutZEROTofystedethHeadCreepsInquisitornever dieMuddy Waterchrishallett83KarozpookaJacobkoshKristmas KthulhuLord_AsmodeusPoorochondriacYaYaStiltsgodmodeA Dabble Of TheloniusDiarmuidSorceVeldrinDisruptedCapitalist
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    Brolo, thanks for continuing to make these threads and put way more effort into them than any of the rest of us would

    My pleasure!

  • CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    Video games have rotted my brain to the point where I think the skull with the jawbone attached to it long after all the flesh decayed is normal instead of them being two separate pieces.

    And skeletons in general just kind of sticking together.

  • cB557cB557 voOOP Registered User regular
    *protracted, lexi specific sigh*
    So not post apocalyptic, but also not on the DS because I assume you don't have one?

    Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits! Tits!
  • Medium DaveMedium Dave Registered User regular
    *rushes in on the post ActRaiser BotW discussion*

    Yes, they should make more Dark Cloud games!!!

    ChiselphaneAistannever dieBionicPenguinexist
  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Thanks @Thetheroo for Star Wars: Force Unleashed.

    I'm a gonna cut me a Star Destroyer in half, or force throw a planet into a sun or some other space anime nonsense.

    steam_sig.png
    ElvenshaeKaroz
  • PeewiPeewi Registered User regular
    I've heard the title Actraiser before, but never actually knew what it was.

    For some reason I thought it was a horror thing.

    Switch: SW-6132-4331-5349 || Steam
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    Couscous wrote: »
    Video games have rotted my brain to the point where I think the skull with the jawbone attached to it long after all the flesh decayed is normal instead of them being two separate pieces.

    And skeletons in general just kind of sticking together.

    I mean, isn't the jawbone slotted into a hinge?

    It'd hold together on its own without the muscles and tendons, just less solidly, right?

    sig.gif
  • RankenphileRankenphile Passersby were amazed by the unusually large amounts of blood.Registered User, Moderator mod
    Man

    That Jagged Alliance: Rage looks like ten tons of butts

    God what a shame, that used to be such a cool franchise, but it's been mishandled so many times.

    ElvenshaeBucketmanBroloMorivethgtrmpDer Waffle MousKristmas Kthulhu
  • StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    Video games have rotted my brain to the point where I think the skull with the jawbone attached to it long after all the flesh decayed is normal instead of them being two separate pieces.

    And skeletons in general just kind of sticking together.

    I mean, isn't the jawbone slotted into a hinge?

    It'd hold together on its own without the muscles and tendons, just less solidly, right?

    It's a pretty loose fit - think about all of the other tissue that has to fit in there while a person is alive in order to prevent bones from grinding against each other

  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    Straightzi wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    Video games have rotted my brain to the point where I think the skull with the jawbone attached to it long after all the flesh decayed is normal instead of them being two separate pieces.

    And skeletons in general just kind of sticking together.

    I mean, isn't the jawbone slotted into a hinge?

    It'd hold together on its own without the muscles and tendons, just less solidly, right?

    It's a pretty loose fit - think about all of the other tissue that has to fit in there while a person is alive in order to prevent bones from grinding against each other

    Right. Anyway the larger point is right, if you just hung up a skeleton by the head without putting wiring through it or anything it wouldn't stay in the shape of a human.

    sig.gif
  • Munkus BeaverMunkus Beaver Registered User, ClubPA regular
    SimBen wrote: »
    Straightzi wrote: »
    SimBen wrote: »
    Couscous wrote: »
    Video games have rotted my brain to the point where I think the skull with the jawbone attached to it long after all the flesh decayed is normal instead of them being two separate pieces.

    And skeletons in general just kind of sticking together.

    I mean, isn't the jawbone slotted into a hinge?

    It'd hold together on its own without the muscles and tendons, just less solidly, right?

    It's a pretty loose fit - think about all of the other tissue that has to fit in there while a person is alive in order to prevent bones from grinding against each other

    Right. Anyway the larger point is right, if you just hung up a skeleton by the head without putting wiring through it or anything it wouldn't stay in the shape of a human.

    Lemme tell you bout Necromancy.

    Steam name: munkus_beaver
    WiiU: munkusbeaver and Nintendo ID (3DS thinger): 0619-4510-9772
    Blizzard thing: munkus#1952
    Humor can be dissected, as a frog can, but it dies in the process.
    Twitter for health updates: https://twitter.com/MunkusBeaver
    Please give to the Crohn's and Colitis Foundation of America: http://www.ccfa.org/
    Al_watDarmak
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I prefer to keep my skeletons together with loose wrappings.

    PSN: AWATTT66| XBox Live: AWATTT66| Steam: AL-WAT| Battle.Net: ALWATTS #1320
    Origin: aiwatt| Switch: SW-8499-0918-5960
  • Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Never do what your enemy expects you to do! Registered User regular
    Aren't your shoulder blades also not directly attached to the the rest of your skeleton?

  • VeagleVeagle Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »
    Thanks @Thetheroo for Star Wars: Force Unleashed.

    I'm a gonna cut me a Star Destroyer in half, or force throw a planet into a sun or some other space anime nonsense.

    I smashed a walker with a shipping crate so hard it crashed the game!

    steam_sig.png
    ElvenshaeSirEtchwartsOlivawFishmanTofystedethnever dieKristmas KthulhuStilts
  • JedocJedoc That citation you've neededRegistered User regular
    Aren't your shoulder blades also not directly attached to the the rest of your skeleton?

    Man, that sounds about right. Skeleton bones are weird.

    GDdCWMm.jpg
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    yeah, not like all those other bones

    TheStigSimBenCrippl3Emerlmaster999HeadCreepsKristmas KthulhuLord_AsmodeusStiltsSorce
  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    Man

    That Jagged Alliance: Rage looks like ten tons of butts

    God what a shame, that used to be such a cool franchise, but it's been mishandled so many times.

    Fucking right? Maybe the JA movie will be good*

    *That’s never being made, even if it was it wouldn’t be, The Expendables was probably the closest thing we’d ever get to it and that was not good, I hear

    3ds friend code: 2036 9837 9754 Switch: 3661 4488 2896
    PSN/XBL id: Moriveth Steam: L4Mori
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    generally I go pretty easy on Bethesda when criticizing their bugs but F76 really does seem beyond the pale

    Crippl3FishmanJayKaosBucketmanCorporateLogoStilts
  • LasbrookLasbrook It takes a lot to make a stew When it comes to me and youRegistered User regular
    I also saw on twitter that the latest patch broke guns. Only melee does damage now.

    Honestly part of me wishes I had gone in on this game because playing it while everything burns down around you truly sounds fascinating.

  • MorivethMoriveth Nobody suspects a thing... Registered User regular
    Is Bethesda gonna come out and claim that this game was giving everyone the true Vault-Tec experience, as in a horrible psychological experiment to see how people react to a very bad game?

    3ds friend code: 2036 9837 9754 Switch: 3661 4488 2896
    PSN/XBL id: Moriveth Steam: L4Mori
    Elvenshae
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    no that seems too clever for them

    MorivethMrMonroeElvenshaeOlivawMidnitedarunia106TofystedethEmerlmaster999HeadCreepsnever diechrishallett83KarozKristmas KthulhuSirEtchwartsCorporateLogoStiltsSorceDisruptedCapitalist
  • DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) Stonewall started with a brickRegistered User regular
    oh shit! Kenshi is finally coming out!

    I stream, now! [Tu, W, Th: 2-6 pm EST] and [Su, Sa: 4-8 pm EST]
    Twitter
    WiseManTobesOlivawMidniteKristmas Kthulhu
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    Shorty wrote: »
    generally I go pretty easy on Bethesda when criticizing their bugs but F76 really does seem beyond the pale

    There's also the fact that they used to be working on a scale that no one else was, and now there are multiple companies putting out extremely polished open world RPGs without anywhere near the number of bugs that Bethesda games ship with. The genre has moved on a lot since Skyrim and there's no real sign that Bethesda are able to keep up.

    SimBenElvenshaeShortyOlivawDoobhMidnitedarunia106TofystedethEmerlmaster999chrishallett83101PeewiKristmas KthulhuSnicketysnickMaddocdurandal4532BucketmanLord_AsmodeusCorporateLogoDarkPrimusStilts
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe Registered User regular
    Brolo wrote: »

    oh look a GDPR violation

    this is bonkers

    Elvenshae
  • SimBenSimBen Registered User regular
    Breath of the Wild alone had comparable size and system density to Skyrim and that game is practically bug-free.

    sig.gif
    Al_watdurandal4532Stilts
  • WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    Yeah that is

    Wow if that's legit Bethesda has a lot more to worry about than 76 being trash

    All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

    HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
    VeagleAl_watShortyOlivawMidnitedarunia106rhylithElvenshaeTofystedethEmerlmaster999HeadCreepschrishallett83Kristmas KthulhuThatDudeOverThereBucketmanLord_AsmodeusStiltsSorce
  • Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I am continually amazed at how thoroughly Bethesda has shit the bed on this one

    PSN: AWATTT66| XBox Live: AWATTT66| Steam: AL-WAT| Battle.Net: ALWATTS #1320
    Origin: aiwatt| Switch: SW-8499-0918-5960
    ElvenshaeEmerlmaster999chrishallett83KarozKristmas KthulhuThatDudeOverThereLord_AsmodeusStiltsSorce
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla KOOKABUNGA LIVES Registered User regular
    Holy shit whaaaaAAAAATT

    All Along The Watchtower: A DCAU Podcast.

    HEY! I sell the digital codes from my comics every week! 1.75 a pop! PM me if you wanna know what's available!
    ShortyOlivawBroloAshcroftMidniteCrippl3darunia106BucketmanLord_AsmodeusDarkPrimusStiltsDrezSorce
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Veagle wrote: »
    Veagle wrote: »
    Thanks @Thetheroo for Star Wars: Force Unleashed.

    I'm a gonna cut me a Star Destroyer in half, or force throw a planet into a sun or some other space anime nonsense.

    I smashed a walker with a shipping crate so hard it crashed the game!

    play the first level and then stop

    that game is a fucking mess

    STEAM
    Skayel wrote:
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

    Turns out he was trying to screw my dog.
    Once I was taking a poop at a restaurant and a kid crept underneath the door into my stall. I let out a big fart and then he threw up all over the floor in front of me and I just stared at him.
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    SimBen wrote: »
    Breath of the Wild alone had comparable size and system density to Skyrim and that game is practically bug-free.

    Red Dead 2 is also pretty much bug free. I'd say The Witcher 3 was, but I came to that pretty late and they may have diligently fixed things.

  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    edited December 6
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Veagle wrote: »
    Veagle wrote: »
    Thanks @Thetheroo for Star Wars: Force Unleashed.

    I'm a gonna cut me a Star Destroyer in half, or force throw a planet into a sun or some other space anime nonsense.

    I smashed a walker with a shipping crate so hard it crashed the game!

    play the first level and then stop

    that game is a fucking mess

    I thought people overstated how bad that game was

    Shorty on
    BionicPenguin
  • Mr. GMr. G Registered User regular
    nah Witcher 3 had plenty of jank, particularly in the presentation

    if you came to that fairly late it was after they completely reworked the entire UI and movement systems

    6F32U1X.png
    BroloBlankzillaMidniteKaroz
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    MrMonroe wrote: »
    Brolo wrote: »

    oh look a GDPR violation

    this is bonkers

    they're just farming out support to help fix everything, like they do with modders!

    STEAM
    Skayel wrote:
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

    Turns out he was trying to screw my dog.
    Once I was taking a poop at a restaurant and a kid crept underneath the door into my stall. I let out a big fart and then he threw up all over the floor in front of me and I just stared at him.
    PerrsunElvenshaeBucketman
  • PiptheFairPiptheFair Registered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    PiptheFair wrote: »
    Veagle wrote: »
    Veagle wrote: »
    Thanks @Thetheroo for Star Wars: Force Unleashed.

    I'm a gonna cut me a Star Destroyer in half, or force throw a planet into a sun or some other space anime nonsense.

    I smashed a walker with a shipping crate so hard it crashed the game!

    play the first level and then stop

    that game is a fucking mess

    I thought people overstated how bad that game was

    so, on a technical level it does some neat stuff, but the physics also causes major issues like butter-coated ledges and shit phasing through solid surfaces from going to fast

    but the story, characters, pacing, and just literally everything else is a complete catastrophe from top to bottom

    and it's not even fun to play

    STEAM
    Skayel wrote:
    One time, I had a friend over to play a bit of Red Alert on my LAN. During the game he said he needed to go to the bathroom, so we paused it. After about 10 minutes of wondering where the hell he went, I get up and go to check on him.

    Turns out he was trying to screw my dog.
    Once I was taking a poop at a restaurant and a kid crept underneath the door into my stall. I let out a big fart and then he threw up all over the floor in front of me and I just stared at him.
    Olivaw
  • ShortyShorty JUDGE BROSEF Registered User regular
    I don't think I would agree with the last thing

    it's a mess of a game and the writing is definitely pretty bad but I finished it, and I drop games the instant they bore me

    I don't know, maybe that's because I'm perhaps a little too into star wars

    Stilts
  • TubeTube Administrator, ClubPA admin
    The Force Unleashed is awful, I actually revisited it relatively recently and it's even worse than I remembered. It's one of the only games from that generation that is borderline unplayable now. It's slop.

    It was even worse on release, because it was ridiculously fucking hard and filled with stunlock bullshit.

  • Descendant XDescendant X Hank Facepunch Registered User regular
    Let me understand this.

    Some rando is receiving support requests from other randos in regards to Fallout 76? And it contains all of their customer info?

    Welp, I guess I won't be buying the next Elder Scrolls game. Not because it's going to suck, but because Bethesda is going to be a smoking crater before it's ever released.

    ...it was probably going to suck though. Fallout 4 was horrible.

    Something used to be here. It's gone now.
«13456724
Sign In or Register to comment.